PDA

View Full Version : Rise in Crime Rate

04-05-2008, 11:50 PM
It should be to no surprise that violent crime in Wilton Manors rose 21 percent last year according to the Sun-Sentinel.

"Violent crime rose last year in 20 of 32 Broward County cities, including a 41 percent increase in Tamarac; 21 percent in Dania Beach and Wilton Manors; and a jump of almost 17 percent in Plantation."

Could this be due to the way the police department is run by the administration or because the officer do only what is required of them due to the way they are treated by the city council or is it both?

My guess is that it is both. Maybe the citizen's of Wilton Manors should wake up and vote in a new council, get a new chief and give the officers a fair contract. I'd be willing to bet that if those three things were done you would see a decrease in not just violent crime, but all crime within months.

04-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Does this mean the pretty little orange traffic cones we put out on weekends to slow down the cars on the Wilton Drive racetrack that are going 60 to 70 MPH, ready to mow down scores of pedestrians,are not working?

04-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Does this mean the pretty little orange traffic cones we put out on weekends to slow down the cars on the Wilton Drive racetrack that are going 60 to 70 MPH, ready to mow down scores of pedestrians,are not working?The cones are not working, I havent heard of any people getting mowed down yet. If they get mowed down maybe they will jaywalk somewhere else. Like another city.
The speed limit should be 60 or 70 to eliminate some of these dinner mashers.

04-06-2008, 07:08 PM
It should be to no surprise that violent crime in Wilton Manors rose 21 percent last year according to the Sun-Sentinel.

"Violent crime rose last year in 20 of 32 Broward County cities, including a 41 percent increase in Tamarac; 21 percent in Dania Beach and Wilton Manors; and a jump of almost 17 percent in Plantation."

Could this be due to the way the police department is run by the administration or because the officer do only what is required of them due to the way they are treated by the city council or is it both?

My guess is that it is both. Maybe the citizen's of Wilton Manors should wake up and vote in a new council, get a new chief and give the officers a fair contract. I'd be willing to bet that if those three things were done you would see a decrease in not just violent crime, but all crime within months.
Fair contract...they are one of the highest paid around...you are a idiot!!!
Guess all the criminals would move to a city where the cops are paid more ???
How would a new commission change anything...your comments are some of the dumbest Ive ever read on here, and there have been some pretty dumb one!!!

04-06-2008, 10:49 PM

How would a new commission change anything...your comments are some of the dumbest Ive ever read on here, and there have been some pretty dumb one!!!

Before you start calling someone an idiot, you should learn proper grammar. Has there only been one dumb comment on here or have there been dumb ones?

As for them being some of the highest paid, I would love for you to post something documenting that, as I did for the crime rate.

As for a new city commission, I would hope that it would treat all of its employees fairly and compensate them appropriately, which would change their attitudes and morale. I would also hope that it wouldn't lie to it's citizens as I believe this one does, such as with the true cost of the new city building.

So the next time you come on here and call me an idiot and my comments dumb, maybe you should have something to back that up.

04-07-2008, 02:32 AM
If the citizens of wilton manors think a 21% percent increase in violent crime is big this year ( which is the talk of the town), wait until they see the numbers for next year based on the Jan -March 08 numbers. A 21 % increase will be light for 08 . Try looking at 58% increase for violent crime against our population if the first quarter numbers hold true for the year. Nice job police administration in keeping our morale up.

04-07-2008, 03:52 AM

We really need a whole new commission and city manager to get employee morale back. The gesture of giving back 36 thousand on saved insurance money to the ENTIRE group of general employees was very, very weak gesture. I believe it was a typical Joe Angelo production staged to see him as employee friendly when in fact he continues to bad mouth us to the public and would like nothing less to privatize the whole city. And remember he and Boyko hate children and would like nothing less to have the city lean one way, and it is not on a straight angle.

04-07-2008, 02:30 PM

Before you start calling someone an idiot, you should learn proper grammar. Has there only been one dumb comment on here or have there been dumb ones?

As for them being some of the highest paid, I would love for you to post something documenting that, as I did for the crime rate.

As for a new city commission, I would hope that it would treat all of its employees fairly and compensate them appropriately, which would change their attitudes and morale. I would also hope that it wouldn't lie to it's citizens as I believe this one does, such as with the true cost of the new city building.

So the next time you come on here and call me an idiot and my comments dumb, maybe you should have something to back that up.

why dont you go to a meeting regarding the city hall instead of sitting behind your computer and talking about things you know knowing about, NO ONE is hiding anything, except you..BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER!!!

04-07-2008, 04:47 PM

why dont you go to a meeting regarding the city hall instead of sitting behind your computer and talking about things you know knowing about, NO ONE is hiding anything, except you..BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER!!!

Once again your grammar & spelling stink. Before posting on here please proof read your comments before hitting the submit button. You want to dispute my comments, but that is pretty difficult when you come across as a buffoon. Instead of concentrating on me maybe you should go back to school. I must say though, if the city commission is as intelligent as you, then no wonder the City of Wilton Manors is falling apart.

04-11-2008, 04:14 AM

My God. I went to the public comment city commission meeting about the city hall complex. Public comment was right! Jesus the building looked like it was a freakin prison and not a walgreens but a CVS. The citizens of Wilton Manors need to ask why after over 2 years after the city hall bond complex was passed, a design is still not in place. The bond was for 6 million dollars and it went to 12 million but they scaled it back down to 7 million. Where is the extra money coming from. The sale of the city parking lot?Seems that the public of wilton manors is going to pay for the screw up of the city manager , joseph gallegos, mayor scott newton joe angelo and the rest of the city commission.People need to ask how much the project cost has increased because of the inaction of the city manager, mayor scott newton and the rest of the city commission about the building design and what impact it will have on future city budgets in lieu of the huge police contract and huge increase on police pensions which they increased. And what about the Veterans Memorial.It is sad that it is displaced by the commission.

04-13-2008, 05:16 AM
People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

04-13-2008, 04:48 PM
People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

yea really....I know there hasnt been any crime increase anywhere else except Wilton Manors,,,,wow...how can this happen?? maybe its the economy?? but why does it only happen to WM.... :lol: :lol:

04-14-2008, 03:40 AM

yea really....I know there hasnt been any crime increase anywhere else except Wilton Manors,,,,wow...how can this happen?? maybe its the economy?? but why does it only happen to WM.... :lol: :lol:

The economy is only part of it. The double digit crime is huge and other cities have faced similar increases but not as much as Wilton Manors. We all need to figure in the patrol positions we cannot fill, the people with very questionable law enforcement backgrounds we continue to hire as a result of crisis hiring, the do not care attitude of the rank and file and the lack of direction and leadership we get from administration. Not to mention the lack of support we get from the city manager, mayor and the rest of the city commission. It all starts from the top and this one is very cracked and wobbly to say it mildly.

04-14-2008, 01:44 PM

The economy is only part of it. The double digit crime is huge and other cities have faced similar increases but not as much as Wilton Manors. We all need to figure in the patrol positions we cannot fill, the people with very questionable law enforcement backgrounds we continue to hire as a result of crisis hiring, the do not care attitude of the rank and file and the lack of direction and leadership we get from administration. Not to mention the lack of support we get from the city manager, mayor and the rest of the city commission. It all starts from the top and this one is very cracked and wobbly to say it mildly.

as usually lets blame everyone except maybe yourself...for not giving everything to the job . Now thats a concept...we know its so much easier to say it because of this, that, etc...

04-14-2008, 03:20 PM

as usually lets blame everyone except maybe yourself...for not giving everything to the job . Now thats a concept...we know its so much easier to say it because of this, that, etc...

Is this your response??? Just trying to pass the buck to someone else instead of trying to solve the problem of poor management. WHEN IS SOMETHING GOING TO BE DONE. Do something before election because you will be gone by then.

04-14-2008, 03:29 PM

Is this your response??? Just trying to pass the buck to someone else instead of trying to solve the problem of poor management. WHEN IS SOMETHING GOING TO BE DONE. Do something before election because you will be gone by then.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different view of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??

04-14-2008, 03:35 PM
[quote="Bama Slammer":1n6blg4o]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:1n6blg4o]

04-20-2008, 04:04 PM
[quote="Anonymous":3rps2izb][quote="Bama Slammer":3rps2izb]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:3rps2izb][/quote:3rps2izb]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.

04-20-2008, 07:32 PM
[quote="Anonymous":1aczq0rw][quote="Anonymous":1aczq0rw][quote="Bama Slammer":1aczq0rw]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:1aczq0rw][/quote:1aczq0rw]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:1aczq0rw]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D

04-21-2008, 05:03 AM
[quote="Anonymous":2bjzdwov][quote="Anonymous":2bjzdwov][quote="Anonymous":2bjzdwov][quote="Bama Slammer":2bjzdwov]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:2bjzdwov][/quote:2bjzdwov]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:2bjzdwov]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:2bjzdwov]

Yes she did do it.Has she been under investigation by the Broward District Attorney like a certain person named JOE ANGELO for FELONY PUBLIC CORRUPTION CHARGES. Writing Bad checks for an organization that might have violated several state codes. And bragging to the public that he was sworn in by ALCEE HASTINGS. Do not think so. Who cares if we do not live in the city. But who has more interaction with the residents than we do. Both Resnick and Angelo have no support within the workforce. Didn't work for WM when Sandy was mayor but all who did said she supported the employees, not like this current administration. Thanks SK. Not a comeback, but a revival.

04-21-2008, 01:29 PM
[quote=Guests][quote="Anonymous":11z27n2q][quote="Anonymous":11z27n2q][quote="Anonymous":11z27n2q][quote="Bama Slammer":11z27n2q]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:11z27n2q][/quote:11z27n2q]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:11z27n2q]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:11z27n2q]

Yes she did do it.Has she been under investigation by the Broward District Attorney like a certain person named JOE ANGELO for FELONY PUBLIC CORRUPTION CHARGES. Writing Bad checks for an organization that might have violated several state codes. And bragging to the public that he was sworn in by ALCEE HASTINGS. Do not think so. Who cares if we do not live in the city. But who has more interaction with the residents than we do. Both Resnick and Angelo have no support within the workforce. Didn't work for WM when Sandy was mayor but all who did said she supported the employees, not like this current administration. Thanks SK. Not a comeback, but a revival.[/quote:11z27n2q]

but she was asked to leave long time job at the property appraisers office, she was going to move out of WM...but cant sell her townhouse...so now we get stuck having her in town...,When was the last time she has been involved in any city activity?? Has she even been to a commission meeting?? She has no chance...she lost the last time she ran...and she will this time too.....

04-21-2008, 04:16 PM
[quote=Guests][quote="Anonymous":fnb9ug0z][quote="Anonymous":fnb9ug0z][quote="Anonymous":fnb9ug0z][quote="Bama Slammer":fnb9ug0z]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:fnb9ug0z][/quote:fnb9ug0z]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:fnb9ug0z]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:fnb9ug0z]

Yes she did do it.Has she been under investigation by the Broward District Attorney like a certain person named JOE ANGELO for FELONY PUBLIC CORRUPTION CHARGES. Writing Bad checks for an organization that might have violated several state codes. And bragging to the public that he was sworn in by ALCEE HASTINGS. Do not think so. Who cares if we do not live in the city. But who has more interaction with the residents than we do. Both Resnick and Angelo have no support within the workforce. Didn't work for WM when Sandy was mayor but all who did said she supported the employees, not like this current administration. Thanks SK. Not a comeback, but a revival.[/quote:fnb9ug0z]

so in other words the city employees want a mayor who will kiss their butts and give them everything they want???? As a citizens thats exactly what I DONT WANT,,,,,,,,SS has no chance for a comeback or a revival...check the history of others who tried to make a come back...the city moves forward not backwards...

05-01-2008, 01:41 AM
[quote="Anonymous":2qfctya6][quote="Anonymous":2qfctya6][quote="Anonymous":2qfctya6][quote="Bama Slammer":2qfctya6]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:2qfctya6][/quote:2qfctya6]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:2qfctya6]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:2qfctya6]

She was a much better Mayor than the 1 we have now. Did F--- u- the whole city.

05-01-2008, 01:49 AM
[quote=Anonymous][quote="Guests":1mae1olq][quote="Anonymous":1mae1olq][quote="Anonymous":1mae1olq][quote="Anonymous":1mae1olq][quote="Bama Slammer":1mae1olq]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:1mae1olq][/quote:1mae1olq]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:1mae1olq]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:1mae1olq]

Yes she did do it.Has she been under investigation by the Broward District Attorney like a certain person named JOE ANGELO for FELONY PUBLIC CORRUPTION CHARGES. Writing Bad checks for an organization that might have violated several state codes. And bragging to the public that he was sworn in by ALCEE HASTINGS. Do not think so. Who cares if we do not live in the city. But who has more interaction with the residents than we do. Both Resnick and Angelo have no support within the workforce. Didn't work for WM when Sandy was mayor but all who did said she supported the employees, not like this current administration. Thanks SK. Not a comeback, but a revival.[/quote:1mae1olq]

but she was asked to leave long time job at the property appraisers office, she was going to move out of WM...but cant sell her townhouse...so now we get stuck having her in town...,When was the last time she has been involved in any city activity?? Has she even been to a commission meeting?? She has no chance...she lost the last time she ran...and she will this time too.....[/quote:1mae1olq]

She has been to Commission meetings and sees what a mess the current Administration has made of things. Also how over budget the new City Hall is. She knows this city and nows the BULL the current Mayor and Commission puts out/. She will make changes for the good not sell out the whole city.

05-01-2008, 02:32 AM
[quote=Anonymous][quote="Anonymous":2y5fs1ng][quote="Guests":2y5fs1ng][quote="Anonymous":2y5fs1ng][quote="Anonymous":2y5fs1ng][quote="Anonymous":2y5fs1ng][quote="Bama Slammer":2y5fs1ng]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:2y5fs1ng][/quote:2y5fs1ng]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:2y5fs1ng]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:2y5fs1ng]

Yes she did do it.Has she been under investigation by the Broward District Attorney like a certain person named JOE ANGELO for FELONY PUBLIC CORRUPTION CHARGES. Writing Bad checks for an organization that might have violated several state codes. And bragging to the public that he was sworn in by ALCEE HASTINGS. Do not think so. Who cares if we do not live in the city. But who has more interaction with the residents than we do. Both Resnick and Angelo have no support within the workforce. Didn't work for WM when Sandy was mayor but all who did said she supported the employees, not like this current administration. Thanks SK. Not a comeback, but a revival.[/quote:2y5fs1ng]

but she was asked to leave long time job at the property appraisers office, she was going to move out of WM...but cant sell her townhouse...so now we get stuck having her in town...,When was the last time she has been involved in any city activity?? Has she even been to a commission meeting?? She has no chance...she lost the last time she ran...and she will this time too.....[/quote:2y5fs1ng]

She has been to Commission meetings and sees what a mess the current Administration has made of things. Also how over budget the new City Hall is. She knows this city and nows the BULL the current Mayor and Commission puts out/. She will make changes for the good not sell out the whole city.[/quote:2y5fs1ng]

I know for a fact that she rarely attends a commission meeting. Sorry to yell you but...one person does not control a city...she would have to have support from fellow commissioners to get things done, hard since no ones cares for the old hag...she hasnt a prayer to win this election.

05-01-2008, 04:36 PM
[quote="NEW DAY":1el08wyv][quote="Anonymous":1el08wyv][quote="Anonymous":1el08wyv][quote="Guests":1el08wyv][quote="Anonymous":1el08wyv][quote="Anonymous":1el08wyv][quote="Anonymous":1el08wyv][quote="Bama Slammer":1el08wyv]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:1el08wyv][/quote:1el08wyv]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:1el08wyv]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:1el08wyv]

Yes she did do it.Has she been under investigation by the Broward District Attorney like a certain person named JOE ANGELO for FELONY PUBLIC CORRUPTION CHARGES. Writing Bad checks for an organization that might have violated several state codes. And bragging to the public that he was sworn in by ALCEE HASTINGS. Do not think so. Who cares if we do not live in the city. But who has more interaction with the residents than we do. Both Resnick and Angelo have no support within the workforce. Didn't work for WM when Sandy was mayor but all who did said she supported the employees, not like this current administration. Thanks SK. Not a comeback, but a revival.[/quote:1el08wyv]

but she was asked to leave long time job at the property appraisers office, she was going to move out of WM...but cant sell her townhouse...so now we get stuck having her in town...,When was the last time she has been involved in any city activity?? Has she even been to a commission meeting?? She has no chance...she lost the last time she ran...and she will this time too.....[/quote:1el08wyv]

She has been to Commission meetings and sees what a mess the current Administration has made of things. Also how over budget the new City Hall is. She knows this city and nows the BULL the current Mayor and Commission puts out/. She will make changes for the good not sell out the whole city.[/quote:1el08wyv]

I know for a fact that she rarely attends a commission meeting. Sorry to yell you but...one person does not control a city...she would have to have support from fellow commissioners to get things done, hard since no ones cares for the old hag...she hasnt a prayer to win this election.[/quote:1el08wyv]

Who doesn't care for her? Besides there will be new members to the Commission.

05-01-2008, 07:16 PM
[quote="Anonymous":2t2iaqch][quote="Anonymous":2t2iaqch][quote="Anonymous":2t2iaqch][quote="Bama Slammer":2t2iaqch]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:2t2iaqch][/quote:2t2iaqch]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:2t2iaqch]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:2t2iaqch]

She was a much better Mayor than the 1 we have now. Did F--- u- the whole city.[/quote:2t2iaqch]

Did F--- u- the whole city. yup, she did...but wont get a chance to this time around!!, lol

05-02-2008, 04:15 PM
[quote="Guests":vr7y9zj5][quote="Anonymous":vr7y9zj5][quote="Anonymous":vr7y9zj5][quote="Anonymous":vr7y9zj5][quote="Bama Slammer":vr7y9zj5]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

The economy is only part of it. The double digit crime is huge and other
cities have faced similar increases but not as much as Wilton Manors. We all need to figure in the patrol positions we cannot fill, the people with very questionable law enforcement backgrounds we continue to hire as a result of crisis hiring, the do not care attitude of the rank and file and the lack of direction and leadership we get from administration. Not to mention the lack of support we get from the city manager, mayor and the rest of the city commission. It all starts from the top and this one is very cracked and wobbly to say it mildly.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:vr7y9zj5][/quote:vr7y9zj5]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:vr7y9zj5]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:vr7y9zj5]

She was a much better Mayor than the 1 we have now. Did F--- u- the whole city.[/quote:vr7y9zj5]

Did F--- u- the whole city.[/quote:vr7y9zj5] yup, she did...but wont get a chance to this time around!!, lol

Don't be so sure. The current Mayor is a Idiot and Angelo is being investigated. The 2 of them have made a mess of the city. So I welcome someone that knows their way around and knows when the commission is Bull Sh-t--g the residents.

05-02-2008, 06:04 PM
[quote="Anonymous":bpwi3p8w][quote="Guests":bpwi3p8w][quote="Anonymous":bpwi3p8w][quote="Anonymous":bpwi3p8w][quote="Anonymous":bpwi3p8w][quote="Bama Slammer":bpwi3p8w]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

cities have faced similar increases but not as much as Wilton Manors. We all need to figure in the patrol positions we cannot fill, the people with very questionable law enforcement backgrounds we continue to hire as a result of crisis hiring, the do not care attitude of the rank and file and the lack of direction and leadership we get from administration. Not to mention the lack of support we get from the city manager, mayor and the rest of the city commission. It all starts from the top and this one is very cracked and wobbly to say it mildly.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:bpwi3p8w][/quote:bpwi3p8w]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:bpwi3p8w]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:bpwi3p8w]

She was a much better Mayor than the 1 we have now. Did F--- u- the whole city.[/quote:bpwi3p8w]

Did F--- u- the whole city.[/quote:bpwi3p8w] yup, she did...but wont get a chance to this time around!!, lol[/quote:bpwi3p8w]
Don't be so sure. The current Mayor is a Idiot and Angelo is being investigated. The 2 of them have made a mess of the city. So I welcome someone that knows their way around and knows when the commission is Bull Sh-t--g the residents.

well....guess we will see..we are talking about someone who for fired after many years, and was planning on moving, but couldnt sell her townhouse. Now she wants to be mayor again. NOT

05-05-2008, 04:46 PM
[quote="Anonymous":2r4i04oa][quote="Anonymous":2r4i04oa][quote="Guests":2r4i04oa][quote="Anonymous":2r4i04oa][quote="Anonymous":2r4i04oa][quote="Anonymous":2r4i04oa][quote="Bama Slammer":2r4i04oa]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:2r4i04oa][/quote:2r4i04oa]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:2r4i04oa]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:2r4i04oa]

She was a much better Mayor than the 1 we have now. Did F--- u- the whole city.[/quote:2r4i04oa]

Did F--- u- the whole city.[/quote:2r4i04oa] yup, she did...but wont get a chance to this time around!!, lol[/quote:2r4i04oa]
Don't be so sure. The current Mayor is a Idiot and Angelo is being investigated. The 2 of them have made a mess of the city. So I welcome someone that knows their way around and knows when the commission is Bull Sh-t--g the residents.[/quote:2r4i04oa]

well....guess we will see..we are talking about someone who for fired after many years, and was planning on moving, but couldnt sell her townhouse. Now she wants to be mayor again. NOT

So whats wrong if at one time she wanted to sell here house??? Why do you keep writing this? Do you think it is going to deter someone for voting for her. She is not under investigation like Joe A and not a child hater like Nick B. Didn't sell the city out to line her pockets like the current Administration. Knows about property taxes. Knows that the current administration has been telling lies to the Community. What Else????????

05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
[quote="NEW DAY":3f1cl9pw][quote="Anonymous":3f1cl9pw][quote="Anonymous":3f1cl9pw][quote="Guests":3f1cl9pw][quote="Anonymous":3f1cl9pw][quote="Anonymous":3f1cl9pw][quote="Anonymous":3f1cl9pw][quote="Bama Slammer":3f1cl9pw]People need to question the 21 % increase as reported in the Sun Sentinel. It is much, much higher but certain crimes were being changed to non reportable to FDLE or the FBI. Credit JK for sticking to her guns and principles. She has lost her hook a couple of weeks ago but retains her credibility as it pertains to the current position she holds.

Not sure who you think you are talking too...just an outsider w/ a different point of view than you. So, what are you doing to correct this??[/quote:3f1cl9pw][/quote:3f1cl9pw]
Look at the most recent ISLAND CITY NEWS. Resick has announced he is running for Mayor along with SANDY STEEN. Resnick will split the gay vote with Joe Angelo, who faces a huge uphill battle with all the baggage he has. Looks like Sandy has a great shot to bring some sanity back into city goverment. She will have the backing of the general employees.[/quote:3f1cl9pw]

thank goodness most of the employees dont live in the city...Sandy is a has been old bag...shes hasnt a chance to make a come back...been there and didnt do it :D[/quote:3f1cl9pw]

She was a much better Mayor than the 1 we have now. Did F--- u- the whole city.[/quote:3f1cl9pw]

Did F--- u- the whole city.[/quote:3f1cl9pw] yup, she did...but wont get a chance to this time around!!, lol[/quote:3f1cl9pw]
Don't be so sure. The current Mayor is a Idiot and Angelo is being investigated. The 2 of them have made a mess of the city. So I welcome someone that knows their way around and knows when the commission is Bull Sh-t--g the residents.[/quote:3f1cl9pw]

well....guess we will see..we are talking about someone who for fired after many years, and was planning on moving, but couldnt sell her townhouse. Now she wants to be mayor again. NOT[/quote:3f1cl9pw]

So whats wrong if at one time she wanted to sell here house??? Why do you keep writing this? Do you think it is going to deter someone for voting for her. She is not under investigation like Joe A and not a child hater like Nick B. Didn't sell the city out to line her pockets like the current Administration. Knows about property taxes. Knows that the current administration has been telling lies to the Community. What Else????????

Why do you keep writing about an investigation that is over..and NB??? Where is your proof that anyone has lined their pockets? What lies are being told to the community? As usual throw crap in the air and see if anyone graps.it on the way down...at least it can be proven that Ss was no longer interested in wm and was leaving town and now wants to be mayor again. NOT IN HER LIFETIME WILL THAT EVER HAPPEN