PDA

View Full Version : Sgt and Lt Exams

04-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know who did well on the sgt and lt exams? I keep hearing stuff but nobody seems to know.

04-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know who did well on the sgt and lt exams? I keep hearing stuff but nobody seems to know.

Van Camp got the highest score.

04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
does it really matter, they will promote who they want anyway.

04-05-2008, 03:25 AM
does it really matter, they will promote who they want anyway.

so you were last, huh?

04-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Good try, I know those that were screwed in the last go round. Get your head out of the sand.

04-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Good try, I know those that were screwed in the last go round. Get your head out of the sand.

you're right. take your facts and go file a law suit... yeah, i thought so.

04-07-2008, 12:52 PM

Van Camp got the highest score.

I don't think the question was which candidate got the highest score. Some of our people took the Lt and Sgt exam. Only a few really well and others did not. From what I hear most of the guys forgot to study. Thier scores were pretty bad. The ones that did study did good.

04-07-2008, 02:25 PM
SRSO allows someone to take exams for both Sgt and Lt in the same cycle?

04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Those eligible for the sgt's exam takes the sgt's exam. Those eligible for Lt. takes the Lt exam. Duh

04-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Well, Dep Dawg said "Some of our people took the Lt and Sgt exam." That looks like he said that some people took both. I just wanted clarification. Duh back.....

04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Duh he didn't know Dep George meant duh....which way did he go?

04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Some did so good the admin is scrambling to complicate the process. The super collosal stupendous admin don't want some of those people to be promoted

04-22-2008, 04:10 PM
The admin had finally come up wth a sgt and lt exam to weed out people. They have to handwrite their answers instead of using a computer. Some of those people are top notch candidates for promotion and can type well but some write like chicken scratch. Spelling, punctuation, grammer, all ot be "subjectivley" graded by three people. I'm sure that the two Marcs already know who to fix

04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Don't blame admin, blame Hall. He promised fair promotions. Now what do you get? You get what you vote for. Hall cares only about what makes him look good. Take a look at the main page of the SRSO website, its all about Hall.

04-23-2008, 02:26 AM
This is very interesting since FOP voted to change the exams but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Always look for someone else to blame. The policy was changed on how the test would be administered but then you probably didn't read the policies or you would have done better on the exams right? Why don't you ask who changed the policy? Wouldn't that be an intelligent question? Neither HR or training have any control over the policy which dictates the exam. But again don't let that sway your opinion, rumor is always better. You're just trying to demean those of us that studied. That way if you don't do well overall you will have a nice fat excuse to fall back on and critize those of us that did well.

04-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Good come back! Everyone knows that there is only a few people that really seem upset. Most of the ones that didn't study admitted it and were man enough to take their lumps. But there has been a few around that have continued to run their mouths! One even contacted the SAO we hear. The only thing they accomplished was that everyone got an extra point so it really didn't do them any good except to spread their name all over the SAO office when the SAO found out "why" they had been drug into it. A few others attacked the "bank of questions" issue but other than that everyone felt like the test was too d#$%M easy! I for one feel like that is a good thing! ***** any more and they'll find a way to make the next one harder! For the *****ers here, try earning your stripes and bars like everyone else!

04-23-2008, 02:37 AM
Amen brother!

04-23-2008, 11:47 AM
You seem sure that Hall will do the right thing. That is not Hall's promotion history. Look at the last go-round. Hall and his good-ol-boys promoted who they wanted for whatever excuses they wanted to make. There was no accountability and no avenue to appeal. Maybe you will be the next one passed over for no reason.

04-23-2008, 12:31 PM
i might be the next one passed over. can't argue about that BUT it won't be because someone fixed the exam. it will be because someone for whatever reason doesn't want me to get it and didn't pick me from the final list! everyone had the same test, the same opportunity to study, etc. etc. Everyone will walk into the next test and will be handed the same test with the same time limit etc. No one wants a subjective test and i would like to know who changed the policy but FOP had to agree to it for it to be in policy! Now you have people (and we know who the deputy is) trying to sling mud so that when one of us gets our stripes then it will be because its "fixed" and that particular deputy will say its because we're one of them and that's why we got it. If you look at some of the top contenders, there are definitely deputies up there who DESERVE to be there and I'm sure one of them most likely will get it and I don't want to see their name tarnished by someone trying to sling mud for their own personal beef! We know Nathan Hall is up there near the top and most of us can't think of a more deserving deputy to get their stripes and most of us will not take it kindly to see his name smeared by someone whining about a "fixed" exam!

04-23-2008, 04:47 PM
hhhmmmmm has that particular deputy's "connections" run dry?

04-23-2008, 05:18 PM
I made a good score on the test. I think I'll do well on the other exam. I doubt mine was fixed. I studied!

04-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Who is that particular deputy that slings the mud?

04-24-2008, 12:42 AM
i might be the next one passed over. can't argue about that BUT it won't be because someone fixed the exam. it will be because someone for whatever reason doesn't want me to get it and didn't pick me from the final list! everyone had the same test, the same opportunity to study, etc. etc. Everyone will walk into the next test and will be handed the same test with the same time limit etc. No one wants a subjective test and i would like to know who changed the policy but FOP had to agree to it for it to be in policy! Now you have people (and we know who the deputy is) trying to sling mud so that when one of us gets our stripes then it will be because its "fixed" and that particular deputy will say its because we're one of them and that's why we got it. If you look at some of the top contenders, there are definitely deputies up there who DESERVE to be there and I'm sure one of them most likely will get it and I don't want to see their name tarnished by someone trying to sling mud for their own personal beef! We know Nathan Hall is up there near the top and most of us can't think of a more deserving deputy to get their stripes and most of us will not take it kindly to see his name smeared by someone whining about a "fixed" exam!

If you would look back at the original FOP agreement, the promotion policy was the old one. After the agreement was signed, Hall slipped the new one in the back door without negotiations. Know what your talking about before spewing nonsense. The new policy was not ratified into the agreement until well after promotions were made. There was and still is no avenue for appeal for a promotion decision made by Hall's staff. If you think the FOP protects deputies, why is there no appeal process for those passed over for no reason. As for Nathan, no one could say he is not a good deputy; but, promotions should not be a popularity game. When there is no reason given for not promoting a person who has scored higher, it gives good reason for some to have no confidence in the organization. If Nathan is #1, then promote him first as he is a deserving deputy.

04-24-2008, 02:30 AM
i don't have the dates of when any particular agreement was signed so i want argue with you on that if you say its true but when Hall used to let the scores determine the promotion so now you have to ask yourself why this changed because he didn't change it. And where do you get off suggesting an appeal process for promotion? There has never been one and never be one in any agency! Do you think ECSO has an appeal process? We at least pick from the top five while ECSO picks from the list period! Nathan getting stripes would NOT be a popularity contest and i really think you should recant that statement. The implications have been that whoever gets it is FIXED and that is not true. of the thirty people taking the sergeant test that means 29 will think its fixed at any given time. And speaking of appeal who you going to appeal to? On what basis would you appeal? Who would have the final say on an appeal? If the sheriff picks within the top five which is what the officers wanted then whos going to appeal. when the sheriff picked strictly from the top score the guys *****ed that that wasn't fair because certain people got promoted that they didn't want. So are you going to go by top score, sheriff picks from top five, sheriff picks from entire list, who's dating who, gender, race, seniority, which?

04-24-2008, 02:34 AM
I studied too and i got a good score so i guess mine was fixed too! Tell her to quit whining!

04-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Who made the 5 highes scores on the first test?

04-24-2008, 05:49 PM
I dont know who but i can give you a hint of who took the test. "Ho"

04-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Was one of them Ho?

04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't think ho!

04-25-2008, 01:17 AM

Your right. Why should we even test. You seem to have all the answers; maybe Hall should let you select the "deserving" people. He can then give the names to his Major who will then sit behind a closed door and make selections using whatever secret criteria he wants. Hint, the real "fixed" part is a Major sitting behind closed doors.

I have read all the posts and do not recall anyone saying the test was "fixed" other than you. Why don't you read the Accreditation standard and see if the criteria SRSO is mandated to follow is being met. Hint, don't think so. Now look at the front of the promotion G.O. and see the standards follow Accreditation CFA.

Now, your tasks for today is to read and know what you are talking about before spewing your BS about a "fixed" test. Then go the the FOP and see why they allowed this abortion of a G.O. to be put up for ratificaiton. Hint, the FOP looks out for the FOP.

04-25-2008, 01:54 AM
There were several females who took the exam. Which one are you talking about?

04-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Good come back! Everyone knows that there is only a few people that really seem upset. Most of the ones that didn't study admitted it and were man enough to take their lumps. But there has been a few around that have continued to run their mouths! One even contacted the SAO we hear. The only thing they accomplished was that everyone got an extra point so it really didn't do them any good except to spread their name all over the SAO office when the SAO found out "why" they had been drug into it. A few others attacked the "bank of questions" issue but other than that everyone felt like the test was too d#$%M easy! I for one feel like that is a good thing! ***** any more and they'll find a way to make the next one harder! For the *****ers here, try earning your stripes and bars like everyone else!

How do you earn stripes when Hall's good-ol-boys sit behind closed doors and choose whoever they want for whatever reason. Talk to the ones that were passed over for no reason in the past and see how they felt (even if they were later promoted), Its degrading to be passed over and never given a reason. Get off your high-horse and ask why Hall doesnt have the balls to look his people in the face and tell them the truth about his good-ol-boy promotion system.

04-25-2008, 03:51 PM
i don't have the dates of when any particular agreement was signed so i want argue with you on that if you say its true but when Hall used to let the scores determine the promotion so now you have to ask yourself why this changed because he didn't change it. And where do you get off suggesting an appeal process for promotion? There has never been one and never be one in any agency! Do you think ECSO has an appeal process? We at least pick from the top five while ECSO picks from the list period! Nathan getting stripes would NOT be a popularity contest and i really think you should recant that statement. The implications have been that whoever gets it is FIXED and that is not true. of the thirty people taking the sergeant test that means 29 will think its fixed at any given time. And speaking of appeal who you going to appeal to? On what basis would you appeal? Who would have the final say on an appeal? If the sheriff picks within the top five which is what the officers wanted then whos going to appeal. when the sheriff picked strictly from the top score the guys *****ed that that wasn't fair because certain people got promoted that they didn't want. So are you going to go by top score, sheriff picks from top five, sheriff picks from entire list, who's dating who, gender, race, seniority, which?

Take a look at the accreditation standard, see that there is an appeal process required during promotions. Hall knows this and is still sticking it to everyone. By the way, who cares about ESCO. Stay on the east side of the bridge where it matters.

04-26-2008, 04:41 PM
The SO is no different than any other Sheriff's Office. Some are actually worse. All the candidates telling you that they would make it different are politicians and therefore they are liars. There is no Sheriff in history of Florida that did not run on promises and then break one or more of them once they were elected. There is 150+ years of tradition backing up this statement.

^^^^^

Don't fool yourself and don't listen to those that say "they are different" because they are not. They do it for the power and the money more than anything else.

Candidates, if you disagree and think you ARE different, then right now do this:

1) pledge the extra money you make if you become Sheriff, over your current salary, to a SRSO daycare or something similar that goes to help the deputies. (IF THAT IS CRAZY THEN DON'T SAY YOU ARE NOT DOING IT FOR THE MONEY).

2) pledge to fund and implement a "hand's off promotional policy" were a third party group of LE professionals from out of state or S. Florida that dont know ANYONE in SR, interview the officers, check their records and create and administer a promotional test -- all independent of the administration. It would take 2 weeks. As Sheriff, YOU agree to promote 1,2,3,4... etc., as they are ranked, until all openings are filled. The Sheriff or administrators would NEVER have contact with this group. That is the only fair way to PROMOTE!!!!!! Note: some will still complain!!!

^^^^^

The bottom line is we could elect another person but in four years you there would be a contigent that did not get what they deemed to be fair and would be complaining about it like the ones here are doing. Hall will be Sheriff one more term because there is nobody that can beat him and his public image is fairly good. The public does not care about the details of the SO. I don't care because the other candidates are not going to be any different.

^^^^^

You want to succeed? Adapt to the system because it will never change far from where it is today. Don't hate the people that already figured this one out... they have either been in it long enough to see the full cycle and understand the game or they are just driven to succeed in any situation instead of whine and complain...

Do what it takes or shut up.

04-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh wow. You could be crazy. You are definitely bitter. An SRSO daycare? Give salary money back? Allow outside people to determine promotions? You could be crazy.

04-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh wow. You could be crazy. You are definitely bitter. An SRSO daycare? Give salary money back? Allow outside people to determine promotions? You could be crazy.

I am not crazy and I am not bitter. I play the game and I understand you have to play the game to move up.

I state the cold hard facts of life:

1) Politicians: They tell lies. The main objective for all running for Sheriff is to get the money and the power. I have heard this "so and so wants the job to make a positive change" and that is just BS and we all know this to be the case. They want the money and power. They want to keep it as long as they can. The daycare was an example. Hell, pledge it to charity. Is that absurd? Yes, it is. However, so are the LIES of "I don't care about the money, I just want to do the right thing for the deputies and I don't really need the money" crappola. They are lies. The "give it to charity" is just to prove this point.

2) Promotions: How can you fairly determine promotions? I have seen agencies pick down the list in order. However, I have never seen an agency do that without manipulating the list. I have seen agencies also say they will pick out of the top X number and then pick selectively instead of fairly. So what do you propose to make it fair? A committee of LE professionals from outside the agency, with no ties to the agency, could take the supervisor reviews, a face to face interview and a knowledge test on policy, procedure and the law, put them all together and come up with a ranking. Then the agency could pick in order. What could be more fair? Make a proposal... I'm listening....

This is not crazy or bitter. If you think so then you are probably a supporter of one of the candidates looking for money and power.

Bottom Line:

You want to succeed? Adapt to the system because it will never change far from where it is today. Don't hate the people that already figured this one out... they have either been in it long enough to see the full cycle and understand the game or they are just driven to succeed in any situation instead of whine and complain...

These are the cold hard facts of life. This is how it is...

04-27-2008, 01:32 AM

You sound like the bitter one. You actually sound like one of Hall's surrogates, coming on the site to change the subject. The other guy (or gal) had some points to make about what they thought. Throwing out some ideas in an arena where there is no reprisal for an idea or opinion. Hey, a daycare may be an unrealistic idea but the point was that any Sheriff's agenda is a big paycheck or to serve their own ego.

04-27-2008, 01:39 PM

You sound like the bitter one. You actually sound like one of Hall's surrogates, coming on the site to change the subject. The other guy (or gal) had some points to make about what they thought. Throwing out some ideas in an arena where there is no reprisal for an idea or opinion. Hey, a daycare may be an unrealistic idea but the point was that any Sheriff's agenda is a big paycheck or to serve their own ego.

Agree the person making the "bitter" accusation is definitely linked to one of the candidates running. I don't think it was Hall because we know what Hall will do as Sheriff already. There is no "daycare" or a promotional policy that is as fair as fair can be... not bashing, just being factual.

What the point is that the other candidates who "want" to be Sheriff seem to be making promises.... I want to believe them!!! However, I have heard it all before.

Let's give them a chance to discuss some issues that we want to hear... otherwise, in supporting them, we are just replacing names (hall for randle, hall for van camp or hall for roper) and not making changes.... except for the new people in power who come in and restructure and cause turmoil for the first year or so.....

if we don't make changes for the whole, then we are just swapping out power bases... if we want things to be right, then we need to know the person running sees the office of sheriff as a position to do good and not to do good for themselves... saying it is one thing, having a plan and a list of objectives that you can be held accountable for are another.

The point being, the candidates (all of them) got called out on 2 issues.

1) Money and Power. If you are not in it for this, than prove it... I think you all are in and these are reasons 1&2. Prove me wrong? Ridiculous? So is your statement by the candidates that they are not in it for this....

2) Promotions: You say you will change things. You will be fair. If you are a candidate, tell us how you will make them fair. What is the plan?

04-27-2008, 04:54 PM
To the "guest" who is yelling about how to use campaign funds after an election.
I'd suggest that you take a good look at the SRC Supervisor of Elections website and go read the handbooks and then go to the state elections website and read the actual laws.
My gosh, anybody can go read those simple little handbooks and see that none of the candidates are allowed to do much of anything w/excess funds. They are required to do "something" and my understanding is either go thru the list of people who contribute and write them partial refund checks or donate the money to a registered charity (a 501-C) or a political party or a party of continuous existence..
So we have 4 candidates. Lets say that each has $2500 left over after the Aug Primary.
If you want to influence what happens w/that money then call the Gov. Every single one of these guys are severely restricted.

Please don't be naive about politics. There is no difference between corporate or public politics other than a voting process. Your major, your Cpt, your LT got there via politics as much as anything else.

The statements about everybody wanting the job for money and/or power are just ignorant.
According to your rationale, every single elected official is simply greedy and power hungry.
Then you will complain that nobody "good" will run.
Would you prefer to erase over 200 yrs of a democratic republic and go back to a monarchy?
Do you want an appointed sheriff where the people have no choice?

Or would you possibly consider that "good" people are trying to run and quit slinging mud long enough to look and listen?

04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
The statements about everybody wanting the job for money and/or power are just ignorant.
The primary reason is for the money and the power. Making that statement is not ignorant. That is an opinion. I hear nothing of substance from any candidate that will make things better.

According to your rationale, every single elected official is simply greedy and power hungry. Then you will complain that nobody "good" will run. Would you prefer to erase over 200 yrs of a democratic republic and go back to a monarchy? Do you want an appointed sheriff where the people have no choice?
That is just plain silly. You are making some wild ass assumptions. Nobody said anything close to what you are alledging. Stick to the facts.

Or would you possibly consider that "good" people are trying to run and quit slinging mud long enough to look and listen?
I am not the one calling someone else ignorant for stating their opinion... I did not attack anyone personally.

The Topic: How will you make promotions fair and unbiased?

ps: If you don't think anyone should have an opinion than that means you think we should erase 230 years of democracy and go back to a monarchy. That means whomever you support for Sheriff wants to be King of the County. (yeah, that is a wild ass assumption kind of like the one you made... get the point?)

04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
What I find ignorant is the original post on this thread was asking who did well on the Sgt and Lt exams, not who screwed who, which politician you want to lie in office, blah blah blah. Those posts were nothing but mudslinging and bashing. The post could be "Dump Truck Has a Flat Tire" and I'm sure somebody will say "The sheriff made me mad. He's a crook, he lies to us." You can't ask a simple quesiton without all this crap being thrown around.

04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
What I find ignorant is the original post on this thread was asking who did well on the Sgt and Lt exams, not who screwed who, which politician you want to lie in office, blah blah blah. Those posts were nothing but mudslinging and bashing. The post could be "Dump Truck Has a Flat Tire" and I'm sure somebody will say "The sheriff made me mad. He's a crook, he lies to us." You can't ask a simple quesiton without all this crap being thrown around.

You are absolutely right, that the way it should be. But the initial post opened a festering sore for many in the agency. What is the need for the Sheriff to do things in secret? Anytime things are done in secret, without any recourse on those making decisions and effecting the career of another gives reason for comment and change. The Sheriff does not know what is going on in his own agency. He only comes out when things are going bad for him. The Sheriff does not care that his deputies do not trust his senior leadership to make those kind of decisions. Trust has to go both ways. I do not know if the Sheriff doesn't care or if he just doesn't know how to be a good leader.

04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
He's both. Dont care and pisspoor leader. He just wants to pad his wallet

04-27-2008, 09:11 PM
He's both. Dont care and pisspoor leader. He just wants to pad his wallet

Agree. This will be the case with Randle, Van Camp or Roper. They will do the same.

Not one of the candidates has pledged anything different except they will bring "change." WTF is change? Define it... but don't come here bashing one Sheriff when they bring nothing but a name change on the SO signs.

Bottom Line:

These are the cold hard facts of life. This is how it is...

04-27-2008, 10:47 PM
(and I've given up on trying to number you guys).
It isn't even worth trying to get you to understand the original meaning. Nobody was personally attacked. "Ignorant" is not a personal attack. To say that somebody who advocates some of the things that have been advocated when it comes to campaign funds is ignorant of the law is nothing personal, it is simply a fact.

Nobody's name was used, nobody was called a name.

An educated person wakes up every day understanding that there will always be something they are ignorant off, something they will need to learn. A fool believes that ignorance is something they have magically overcome.

I didn't start this. I wasn't even going to respond because I agree w/the poster who said it was about the exams. But then it just turned into another bunch of attacks on guys who want to run the office. Notice again, I'm not using names.

All 4 men running for office are at least willing to go thru the process. I find it offensive to denigrate them by stating that all they care about is fattening their wallets.

By that rationale, taking the LT exam is nothing more than a power grab and an attempt to fatten a wallet. That is pathetic reasoning on the part of posters who are so bitter that they don't believe anything will ever change.

Extend that rationale, don't send your kids to college. Keep them from learning to read. Don't allow new ideas or change because all we really need is fire, water, and air right??

Come on. I applaud every single person who takes whatever actions are required to better their life, better their job, better their community. I'm not so hopelessly cynical that I beg to find the absolute worst in everything.

That is my point.

I'm not going to pull quotes out so I can attack anybody, I'm not going to try and twist words.

Talk to the FL legislature if you don't like the idea of a Sheriff having to be a politician. Until that is changed, show some respect for the men and women who are willing to go thru the process in order to hopefully make every single department better.

04-27-2008, 11:36 PM
oops.
forgot to answer one of the questions in one of the posts.
fair and balance promotion process.

ACCOUNTABILITY.

Come on. Every single adult on this planet knows that favoritism exists.
There isn't and never has been a completely fair and impartial process of promotion in ANY industry.

Remember ENRON? Uhm, managed by an outside board who defined who would be CEO and all of those good positions? World Comm? Bernie Ebbers who drove it straight into bankruptcy using people chose from "outside".

FEMA? Well, lets not even go there...

The way real life works is that you set very specific criteria. The test is a vetting point, service record another, supervisor recommendations, etc.

You need to shift focus and consider the test as the starting point, not the defining point. No other industry (that has survived) uses a single measure to define management skills.

The problem that exists in both agencies is that the other measures are ignored or either given too much weight.

Lets say the top 10 test score recipients move to round #2. Reasonable?
(and i'm just picking a number).
so you have a list where the person who scored the highest has a "10" and lowest has a "1" at this point.
now use their service record (complaints/commendations) to adjust that score in an objective manner (that nasty phrase, "citizen participation").

next take their annual performance reviews. can't release them because they are private but you can ask non-supervisors to grade w/all of the identifying information removed (it is called a peer-review).

you weight the results. every single person in this world has had a terrible boss. if you have had 10 yrs of bad reviews under a single boss then i would question your ability to lead or manage. if you have 3 out of 10 under 6 bosses then i would look at those 3 much differently. (i'd go back and look at theirs).

i know this post is long but it is very near and dear to my heart. a promotion process is supposed to find those people who are capable of being at the next level because their skillset will fit.

i have had to pass over promoting friends that I truly respected because the criteria was weighted where the position rankings happened to fall out where a minor weakness was the difference between #1 and #2.

i've been there, i've done it. i've sat eyeball to eyeball and explained exactly why it shook out. and i've also gone home feeling about as low as you can feel because i'm looking across at somebody who still was going to be my fishing buddy but i also knew that he understood that i had to be accountable and think about the big picture.

i've struggled with those decisions and choices because it is incredibly hard to leave your comfort zone. it is difficult to say "oh, heck, it is only 2-3 points". but that is the whole point. fairness comes from being willing to accept the outcome of an objective process.

and no, i'm not any of the candidates. i'm not a proxy, etc. Yes, I support Jeff but these are my thoughts/ideas. I don't consult w/Jeff when I write my posts
(BUT I BET HE WOULD WISH I DID!!! :D )

04-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Jeff should hire you as a political consultant. You are absolutely brilliant.

04-29-2008, 04:14 AM
Why is anyone getting worked up about this ? From what I’ve heard, there are no promotions anticipated anytime in the near or foreseeable future, thanks to our fine county leaders and their fiscal foresight.

04-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Jeff should hire you as a political consultant. You are absolutely brilliant.

Yeah. He is full of something.

05-02-2008, 11:59 PM
What is the matter guest?
"full of something" instead of complaints?
Ideas scare you?

I'm just telling you how I've been thru a process that worked. If you don't like it fine, post your process to address the issue.

Don't hide behind "It won't work".
At least I have the courage to put forth ideas instead of simply insulting people...

05-03-2008, 08:47 PM
What is the matter guest?
"full of something" instead of complaints?
Ideas scare you?

I'm just telling you how I've been thru a process that worked. If you don't like it fine, post your process to address the issue.

Don't hide behind "It won't work".
At least I have the courage to put forth ideas instead of simply insulting people...

Guest, you moron, J5 is brilliant. Ask him...

05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
I never once claimed to be brilliant or anything else. I don't even claim to have the right answer, I just claim to be willing to do more than complain and toss mud.
Children and tyrants attack the messenger instead of the message. Intelligent adults attack the message and provide an alternative message.

I believe the posts will shake out the various divisions along those lines.

05-03-2008, 11:14 PM
I never once claimed to be brilliant or anything else. I don't even claim to have the right answer, I just claim to be willing to do more than complain and toss mud.
Children and tyrants attack the messenger instead of the message. Intelligent adults attack the message and provide an alternative message.

I believe the posts will shake out the various divisions along those lines.

the world according to your rules. sounds brilliant.

05-03-2008, 11:59 PM
http://7.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/8/f/collegehumor.df900fe8ffc0349bebc1f8affe7371cd.jpg

BRILLIANT!!!!

05-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know if the list has been put out? Who's going to be in the top 5?

05-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Does it really matter? Hall will manipulate it. You need to take a look at the Collective Bargaining agreement, the Accreditation standard and the General Order to see how they are screwing over those that scored the highest.

05-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Seems like when folks are presented the facts they have nothing to say.

05-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Just a question: how can a sgt quit the SO, get re-hired in within a few months qualify to be sgr again?

05-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Easy..to qualify to take the test, you must have 5 years with the SO as a Deputy. There is nothing there about break in service. When it comes to longevity points for the final rating, that time must be consecutive, so very few, if any, points will be awarded there. It is a loophole in policy and I don't blame the person one bit on taking advantage of it. Anyone who feels this to be unfair needs to have the policy wording changed in order to prevent this in the future.

05-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Until I personally get promoted, the system sucks!

05-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Just a question: how can a sgt quit the SO, get re-hired in within a few months qualify to be sgr again?

I agree it may seem shady, but at least the guy to whom you are referring is a stand up officer. Loophole or not he got in and he couldn't turn it down. Can't say as I blame him.

05-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I worked for him in the past, and would have no problem working for him again. He knows his stuff. He is not afraid to take a call, unlike many of our current supervisors, and he will not stab you in the back.

05-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Other than he and NH, the top 5 leave alot to be deired. I dont know who else is in the top 10 but if the sheriff skipped a few he would be doing us a favor. For NH and JS I say slap some stripes on their arms!

05-11-2008, 02:42 AM
From now on I think promotions should be decided by anonymous guests on discussion boards!

05-11-2008, 02:39 PM
From now on I think promotions should be decided by anonymous guests on discussion boards!

I agree. I say we promote [Anonymous] immediately.

05-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Lets put everyone's name in a bowl and let the sheriff promote whover he picks. We can issue them a "seceret" number so there will be no chance of favortism. You need not worry about the golden children, butt kissers, brown nosers or pet#r puffers getting promoted before everyone else.

05-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Lets put everyone's name in a bowl and let the sheriff promote whover he picks. We can issue them a "seceret" number so there will be no chance of favortism. You need not worry about the golden children, butt kissers, brown nosers or pet#r puffers getting promoted before everyone else.

What about the whiners?

05-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Stripes and gold badges for everyone. If you can't make it up to purchasing, they will be sent to you by courier.

05-11-2008, 09:14 PM
What if they make exceptions for a certain deputy who was unable to attend the scenerio based to take the test when others were told "no exceptions?"

05-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I would first ask; Was anyone who was eligible to take the scenario test denied the opportunity because they did not show up on time ? and; Of those people, did any of them attempt to make prior arrangement due to prior obligations ?

05-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Stripes and gold badges for everyone. If you can't make it up to purchasing, they will be sent to you by courier.

all chiefs and no indians

05-12-2008, 11:15 AM
There's more *****ing on here than the lifetime channel.

05-12-2008, 12:36 PM

I agree with that comment. I also believe, based on what I actually hear people say, they did not study for one of the exams and/or they flopped on the scenerio based. Therefore they either scored low on the roster or was deemed ineligible to be on the roster. Either way someone is going to complain that it was fixed,or designed for a particualr officer, which is neither here nor there. As far as DB taking the test on another date what is the problem? He's a good officer and will make a good sgt.( I don't know where he is on the roster) I congratulate those who made it to the to 5, even if two of them should not be promoted, I still congratulate them. I don't know who is among the rest of the top 10 but congrats to them too. And finally, you may see 2, possibly 3 from the entire list actually get promoted in the next 2 years, so nobody gets their hopes up. In another 2 years, it will happen again. Next time study, work hard and you may find yourself in a position to be promoted. Maybe by then more openings may surface. Then you can get your stripes, tell everyone "I'm in charge" blah blah blah.

05-12-2008, 01:26 PM

I agree with that comment. I also believe, based on what I actually hear people say, they did not study for one of the exams and/or they flopped on the scenerio based. Therefore they either scored low on the roster or was deemed ineligible to be on the roster. Either way someone is going to complain that it was fixed,or designed for a particualr officer, which is neither here nor there. As far as DB taking the test on another date what is the problem? He's a good officer and will make a good sgt.( I don't know where he is on the roster) I congratulate those who made it to the to 5, even if two of them should not be promoted, I still congratulate them. I don't know who is among the rest of the top 10 but congrats to them too. And finally, you may see 2, possibly 3 from the entire list actually get promoted in the next 2 years, so nobody gets their hopes up. In another 2 years, it will happen again. Next time study, work hard and you may find yourself in a position to be promoted. Maybe by then more openings may surface. Then you can get your stripes, tell everyone "I'm in charge" blah blah blah.

You got that right...

05-12-2008, 09:50 PM
DB being a good boss, you got to be kidding. When has he ever made a decision? He will talk about other people in front of you and when he leaves he will talk about you.

05-12-2008, 09:51 PM
But he is one of the choen ones. One of the boyz.

05-13-2008, 01:04 AM
and so it goes...

05-13-2008, 02:39 AM
Can anyone tell me of one person promoted to sergeant at SRSO that was disceplined and demoted during their probation period? Since I know there are none, why the need to have a subjective policy for those now being promoted (and promoted during the last cycle)? Everyone has their opinions on who are good and bad candidates for promotion. If someone cannot score well enough to be promoted, why give them the good-ol-boy advantage. The standards for promotion for a first line supervisor job should never be subjective. Give the candidates the standards for promotion and let the stripes be awarded to those that meed the written standard.

05-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Don't let DB hear you say that or he'll kick your a-s-s. DB is the one who couldnt make it on test day but conveniently the admin allowed him to do the test on a separate date from everyone else. One of those in the sgt top 5 can't be trusted because she is a lying two-faced back stabber. If you don't believe me ask around. When she gets into trouble she runs to her boyfriend for protection. The other is a piss poor excuse for deputy and is the epitome of lazy. If that one's evaluation from last year was a factor she wouldnt have tested. Of course let's not forget about Wendell's golfing buddy. He a sure fire shoe in. There are 3 or four in the top ten that are excellent candidates. They all work hard and do thier jobs. All I can say is if those in the top 5 other than NH or JS get promoted, God Help Us All.

05-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Wow, how many people have you trashed in one paragraph? At least 7, 8 including the Sheriff? Seriously, who's the backstabber here? God help us??? God help you hypocrite! Doug should beat your a-s-s with a computer keyboard and shove the mouse where the sun don't shine.

05-14-2008, 11:37 AM
WOW--YOU SPEAK SO HIGHLY OF YOUR FELLOW OFFICERS. WELL THERE WAS ONE FEMALE YOU DIDN'T BASH ON YOUR BLOG (CR). Did you even test? Probably not, your just one of those cronic complainers that act like a two year old when something doesn't go your way.

05-14-2008, 01:55 PM
WOW--YOU SPEAK SO HIGHLY OF YOUR FELLOW OFFICERS. WELL THERE WAS ONE FEMALE YOU DIDN'T BASH ON YOUR BLOG (CR). Did you even test? Probably not, your just one of those cronic complainers that act like a two year old when something doesn't go your way.

Maybe because there is no reason to call CR out. She's excellent at her job and is reliable. She would also deserve the promotion. Since you wanted to make sure she was mentioned what is your point?

05-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I can only hope thay basher is not in the running. That person does not need to be promoted. I do not want to work for someone who talks trash about those who may save his/her ass. Would Doug kick that person's butt? Probably not. He's professional enough not to engage with a pissant. I would walk away with that funny grin and that shiny tooth showing.

05-15-2008, 04:03 PM
You have to be kidding, DB a professional? Do not turn your back on him. All he does is talk crap about everybody (and kiss a-s-s not kick a-s-s), aint that right "Sarge". But I have to say if he is the next in line to be promoted, then promote him. Just because I have no respect for him does not mean he has not qualified himself to be promoted. If he was given special treatment, a grievance should be filed with the incompetent FOP.

05-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I sure how these candidates go through a PSYCH TEST prior to being promoted. Ain't that right sarge.

05-15-2008, 07:03 PM

CR doesn't deserve bashing. She acutally does a good job and is reliable. Is this an "include all of the gender" thing?

I heard someone went to the SAO to get an answer changed. Then they typed up a four pager and went whining. Didn't change anything but I hope the opinion of the boss.

05-15-2008, 07:57 PM
It sucks knowing we have to work with the those who talk trash about other officers, about fleet, and anything they can find distaste in. The world is not perfect, neither is the SO. I do believe special treatment should fly but to disprepect others on this forum makes us all look stupid in the eyes of non-leo's and leo's from other agencies that venture onto this side. I heard Walmart is hiring everyday, go find something else to do.

05-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Speaking of Sgt Exams, rumor from across the river is that Van Camp failed the Escambia Sgt's exam. Anyone hear anything?

05-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Heard 125+ took the test at Esc, 28 passed.

05-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Who really cares about Van Camp not making Sergeant. We are better off with Hall (at least you know what you got) than another from across the river who has nothing vested in the county or agency. I am not bashing Van Camp, but is he what SRSO needs? Its like going from dishwasher to brain surgeon. If Hall has done anything it is to show that we never again need anyone from across the river.

05-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Who really cares about Van Camp not making Sergeant. We are better off with Hall (at least you know what you got) than another from across the river who has nothing vested in the county or agency. I am not bashing Van Camp, but is he what SRSO needs? Its like going from dishwasher to brain surgeon. If Hall has done anything it is to show that we never again need anyone from across the river.

I agree. We don't need Randall for sure, or another Trooper or a guy that can't pass the Sgt's test. We will have to wait 4 years for someone from the SRSO to run? Who?

05-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Here's my two cents about the Sgt. Exam, not the politics or bull. About the Sgt and Lt exams, I have heard comments and read some here on this thread. I agree that some in the top five don't belong there if personalities were an issue along with bad evaluations. But it is what it is, and the top five are the closest to have an ooportunity for promotion, except maybe for the guy at number 7. With that being said, promotions are not likely any time soon so this topic is moot. I am sure the admin knows who they want and don't want. Cry, whine, whatever, its not going to do any good when the admin makes up its collective mind to promote or who they want. I have heard and read some in the running may have some serious issues, such as work ethic (or lack thereof), integrity (or lack thereof) or leadership skills (or lack thereof). I'm not pointing out to any individuals by no means, but they are in the running according to the policy that sets forth the method of obtaining a promotional roster. Now having said all of that I disagree with bashing of those who made it fair and square. If the ones making those comments are in the running or on the roster, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your work ethic (or lack thereof), integrity (or lack thereof) or leadership skills (or lack thereof). The person who made those comments are likley to leave his/her deputies hanging out to dry when the crap hits the fan. Since I'm not in the running (I chose not to apply) I will say it does cause a concern to have certain individuals in a promotion setting that should not be promoted. Nothing can be done about it so why whine and complain? Also about DB testing on a separate date. Fair or not it happened and I doubt anyone will file a complaint or whatever. What will be done about it? Probably nothing. Lets move on, get on with our lives and deal with it if we arrive at that bridge.

05-17-2008, 08:52 PM
I know Jeff, he didn't take the test to pass/fail he took the test to show people he could hold his head high and has intergrity! Jeff has and will always do the right thing!! He has raised a family unlike the other candidates who have gotten a divorce (19year old) or never had kids (Randull) . So you what a candidate from inside, Hall was an outsider? and has done nothing to help out the deputies or civilians. Just give Jeff a chance! Listen to what he has to say! Jeff has several new ideas he would like to start. Text the word (LAW) to 41513 and get the a new message. Please visit his web site vanampforsheriff.org To date Jeff is the ONLY CANDIDATE that has NOT violated State law of by running his campaign! Hall has And Randull has!! Check out the forms yourself!!!

LH

05-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey LH,

No one here talking about Jeff. We are talking about the SRSO promotions. Go somewhere else to talk your politics about Jeff or whoever else. SRSO has its own problems with one of yours from across the river that was promoted to Sergeant.

05-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Dear GUEST,
someone brought Jeff's name into this forum. so I was posting for him. So go tell everyone else to stay out of the poltics.
LH

05-18-2008, 02:17 AM
LH, just one thing more about politics since you brought it up. There is nothing wrong with getting a divorce. I am sure Jeff would not want to turn off the tens of thousands that have been divorced in SR county. If that is your idea of slamming then you should reconsider. I believe it is weak, to say the least.

Also, your justification of his FAILING the Sgt's exam in Escambia is terrible. He should have passed. There is NO excuse.

Now, post a new thread if you want to debate Jeff failing the ECSO exam. Too many people that failed the SRSO exam need this thread to whine how it is not there fault either.

05-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Quoteed from previous: "Now, post a new thread if you want to debate Jeff failing the ECSO exam. Too many people that failed the SRSO exam need this thread to whine how it is not there fault either."

You just hit the nail on the head. The only ones that complained are the ones that didn't get high ranking handed to them. They think they are deserving. One deputy who does nothing at all but answers call (and avoids them when possible) threw a hissy fit because he had been here longer than some of those that scored higher than he did. He had been here for 10-11 years and thinks "promotions are based on senority." Ok lets see. You have an officer who has been here for 15 years plus but has no sick leave because he calls in sick everyday, does nothing but earn a paycheck. Lets go ahead and promote him because he's been here longer than all of those who actually put in for sgt. Makes alot of since right? :?

05-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Mr Guest

That is YOUR oipinion that a person is not pulling their weight. If that is the impression of their supervisor, then they should be counseled then if necessary disceplined in order to achieve more productivity. Thats how supervision works. I
f it is necessary to include productivity or good evals in the mix for promotions, then now is the time to talk to your FOP (for whatever they are worth as a bargaining organizaiton for SRSO) in order to change the Collective Bargaining agreement. The problem with the promotion standard at SRSO is that there is subjective criteria that somehow allows Hall to promote anyone, deserving or not.
Take a look at the Acreditation Standards, you will change your opinion on how the promotion policies are handled at SRSO. Those standards are meant to protect individuals from Hall's type of promotion policy.
Being deserving is subjective also. You could ask 100 people in the orgainzation about who was deserving and you would never get a 100% positive presonse for anyone. That is because everyone has different knowledge of each other. Promotions are not a popularity game; subjective criteria should be removed to ensure that those that score highest using the criteria agreed upon are promoted without any closed door meeting by Hall's staff.

05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
If Randall and Hall have violated campaign law, and you can prove it, report them. You idiots will spread it on here, but don't do jack about it. Cowards. Grow a set and stop hiding behind a computer screen to spread your BS. Cowards. I hope you're not an LEO. Cowards. If you are, I sure hope you don't work on my shift. Cowards.

05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
If Randall and Hall have violated campaign law, and you can prove it, report them. You idiots will spread it on here, but don't do jack about it. Cowards. Grow a set and stop hiding behind a computer screen to spread your BS. Cowards. I hope you're not an LEO. Cowards. If you are, I sure hope you don't work on my shift. Cowards.

That made post more sense than anything else in this thread. It all started when someone was asking if anyone knew about the sgt/lt exams and it turned into a political debate (Hall's a bad guy, Randall has no kids and Van Camp failed the sgt exam). A bunch of blah blah blah but no facts. Cowards!

05-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Watch and see who gets promted, It will be some bunghole washer

05-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Watch and see who gets promted, It will be some bunghole washer

Your just jealous that the salad tossing is not on the tip of your tongue :snicker:

DDG
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Great, here we go tossing salad... i`ll take the jelly please..

05-20-2008, 09:02 PM
I just heard they are promoting 5 within the next 2 weeks :snicker:

05-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I wont mention my name but why are people bad mouthing me when I when I got into the top 5 fair and sqare? It had nothing to do with the admin so get off my back!

05-22-2008, 03:48 PM
I wont mention my name but why are people bad mouthing me when I when I got into the top 5 fair and sqare? It had nothing to do with the admin so get off my back!

You worked for it so don't sweat it... you studied and where prepared.

Unfortunately, those that did or didn't but could not pass because they don't know policy (or for some other reason) will always hate those that are successful. They will look for any excuse (bad test, unfair stuff from admin, etc.) because they will not take responsibility themselves.

Don't worry about them now... you will have plenty of time to "worry" about them when they work for you.

05-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I second that. If you worked for it and got it, you earned it. I dont think the admin gave anybody anything.

05-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Mr Guest

That is YOUR oipinion that a person is not pulling their weight. If that is the impression of their supervisor, then they should be counseled then if necessary disceplined in order to achieve more productivity. Thats how supervision works. I
if it is necessary to include productivity or good evals in the mix for promotions, then now is the time to talk to your FOP (for whatever they are worth as a bargaining organizaiton for SRSO) in order to change the Collective Bargaining agreement. The problem with the promotion standard at SRSO is that there is subjective criteria that somehow allows Hall to promote anyone, deserving or not.
Take a look at the Acreditation Standards, you will change your opinion on how the promotion policies are handled at SRSO. Those standards are meant to protect individuals from Hall's type of promotion policy.
Being deserving is subjective also. You could ask 100 people in the orgainzation about who was deserving and you would never get a 100% positive presonse for anyone. That is because everyone has different knowledge of each other. Promotions are not a popularity game; subjective criteria should be removed to ensure that those that score highest using the criteria agreed upon are promoted without any closed door meeting by Hall's staff.

The people that complain about the way things are done around here are the SAME people that NEVER come to meetings and NEVER came to contract negotiations meetings. The FOP can't do anything unless someone files a complaint. Will it be you?????

05-22-2008, 11:41 PM

Some people were also in the top five last cycle and were not promoted. Hope Collier doesn't see your spelling, you will be history. Collier and Hall don't care about anyone but themselves. Remember that, it could be important.

05-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah man, it is a conspiracy against the people. Yeah....

They passed and are in the top five and nobody helped them get there but themselves. They have posted nothing wrong here. They should be proud of their accomplishments. Those that did not pass should go to those that did and ask them how and then work harder next time.

05-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Yeah man, it is a conspiracy against the people. Yeah....

They passed and are in the top five and nobody helped them get there but themselves. They have posted nothing wrong here. They should be proud of their accomplishments. Those that did not pass should go to those that did and ask them how and then work harder next time.

So they stuttured :snicker:

DDG
05-23-2008, 07:47 PM

Some people were also in the top five last cycle and were not promoted. Hope Collier doesn't see your spelling, you will be history. Collier and Hall don't care about anyone but themselves. Remember that, it could be important. why is Collier such a stickler for spelling... i mean i think this guy has Major OCD (no pun intended).. what gives with the Major?

05-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Collier is willing to say anything to get himself out of any situation. Hall will do nothing to him when he finds out Collier has done wrong.

05-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Why don't you guys lay off collier. He wife is seriously ill and he doesn't need your whining about your test scores and who should or shouldn't be promoted to deal with. If you a drop of christianity in your worthless souls lay off the guy right now and let him deal with his personal crisis the same as he would let you deal with yours if you were in his shoes! I'm sure there's a lost puppy out there somewhere for you to find and kick in the meantime!

05-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Major SC has "done wrong" and protected?? Buddy, you have just implicated the wrong Major. Just what has Major SC "done wrong" ? I really would like your explanation for that statement....Hummm. Beg to differ on Majors "done wrong". Wanna open THAT door or keep it closed??!!

You a Major KM fan??

And his coming at a time when Major SC's wife is VERY ILL?

05-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Beg your pardon, I meant to say since Major Collier a stickler for spelling...instead of his, I meant "THIS' coming at a time his wife is VERY ILL!

05-25-2008, 01:32 AM
amen brother!

05-25-2008, 04:40 AM
A discussion on promotional exams has turned into an attack on the Majors...what a spin.

05-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Yeah, Yeah... that's the ticket... let's find someone to blame because we are not going to admit we did not study and we were not otherwise prepared and we simply can't blame ourselves... we need a reason we failed the test... where is that puppy you said we can kick or something...

Quit whining and attempting to slam others because you can't pass a test and maybe the realization that you don't know everything is to bitter a pill to swallow... turn that energy into bettering yourself... nobody ever said the world was fair and would be easy. Deal with it! You bunch of losers!

05-26-2008, 01:21 AM
There is no pass or fail. There is a ranking. Then there is a good-ol-boy--behind closed doors selection based on no known criteria whatsoever. How can someone study for a closed door good-ol-boy meeting. Know what your talking about before you open your pie hole.

05-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Thought so. When someone puts up facts you have nothing to say. All the people that say this is someone who didnt do well or study, it is not. I just want to know how do you study for a closed-door good-ol-boy selection after you are ranked at the top of those being considered. Tell me how?

05-26-2008, 05:19 PM
So I guess all the recent promotions were non-deserving butt kissers. Lets go down the list.
54- May not have been number one, but can anyone argue his knowledge and experience ? He has probably forgot more than most people here have ever known.
53- Don't know him real well, but he seems to be squared away.
52- He has done patrol, narcotics, K9. Smart and working hard to become area K9 trainer.
51- Another smart person who seems to have the support of his troops. Never seen him golfing with admin.
50- Former FTO. Seems to know his stuff and never known to rub shoulders with admin.
49- Have to admit. This one was a surprise, but nobody can acuse him of butt kissing or not speaking his mind.
48- Another one I don't know well, but have not heard any negitives from the troops.
47- Does more work than most regular Deputies.
46- Been here forever, knows everyone in the County, will drive you crazy if you spend more than a few minutes alone with him, but he can and will make a decsion.
45- I'm going to pass on this one. Too many rumors and I don't know her well enough to form an opinion.

My point is; what set these people apart in the so called "good-ol-boy" meeting ? Nobody that I know of with recent stripes is a part of the good-ol-boy network. Is there a chance, even a small one, that the promotion committee looked at the records and histories of those eligible and picked the ones they felt would be best for the job ?

05-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Never inferred that any of those promoted did anything wrong. The wrong part is the way they were selected, a closed-door good-ol-boy meeting. This closed door type of selection process, along with no ability to appeal the selection process is what is wrong. Take a look at Accreditation Standards for promotion. Hall thinks he can do anything he wants, regardless of what he has promised his own people (fair and honest promotions) or signed up for with the Florida Accreditation.

05-29-2008, 09:30 PM
So I guess all the recent promotions were non-deserving butt kissers. Lets go down the list.
54- May not have been number one, but can anyone argue his knowledge and experience ? He has probably forgot more than most people here have ever known.
53- Don't know him real well, but he seems to be squared away.
52- He has done patrol, narcotics, K9. Smart and working hard to become area K9 trainer.
51- Another smart person who seems to have the support of his troops. Never seen him golfing with admin.
50- Former FTO. Seems to know his stuff and never known to rub shoulders with admin.
49- Have to admit. This one was a surprise, but nobody can acuse him of butt kissing or not speaking his mind.
48- Another one I don't know well, but have not heard any negitives from the troops.
47- Does more work than most regular Deputies.
46- Been here forever, knows everyone in the County, will drive you crazy if you spend more than a few minutes alone with him, but he can and will make a decsion.
45- I'm going to pass on this one. Too many rumors and I don't know her well enough to form an opinion.

My point is; what set these people apart in the so called "good-ol-boy" meeting ? Nobody that I know of with recent stripes is a part of the good-ol-boy network. Is there a chance, even a small one, that the promotion committee looked at the records and histories of those eligible and picked the ones they felt would be best for the job ?

Nope, they didnt look at any records or history. Try again. How about earning stripes instead of being picked. Nobody has ever blamed those promoted, just the system. Isnt there a probation period to weed out those not cutting the mustard.

06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
NH, JS and Db are about to get their stripes. The admin said no one else is getting promoted under Halls tenure. Better luck in 2 years!!

06-06-2008, 11:49 PM
NH, JS and Db are about to get their stripes. The admin said no one else is getting promoted under Halls tenure. Better luck in 2 years!!

If DB makes sergeant be sure to wear your plate in the back of your vest.

06-08-2008, 08:01 AM
NH is probably the only one on the whole list who truly deserves it.

06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
I HAVE A GREAT IDEA, LET'S CLOSE THIS TOPIC. I THINK MORE THAN ENOUGH WAS SAID IN THIS ISSUE.

Thanks I feel better now!

06-09-2008, 02:39 PM
I HAVE A GREAT IDEA, LET'S CLOSE THIS TOPIC. I THINK MORE THAN ENOUGH WAS SAID IN THIS ISSUE.

Thanks I feel better now!

Go ahead and start a new topic or shut your pie hole. If Hall would come out and talk to his people then there would be nobody here. But Hall is unwilling to talk to anyone but his YES-BOYS. Nothing else to do except talk about his promotion system that allows his YES-BOYS to promote people from behind closed doors.

02-04-2009, 12:10 AM
i hate to rehas this old thread but I have to offer my opinion in light of what's going on: Sheriff Hall really stinks.

02-04-2009, 12:22 AM
yep he stinks

02-04-2009, 03:54 AM
Wow, that's an intellectual statement

03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
i hate to rehas this old thread but I have to offer my opinion in light of what's going on: Sheriff Hall really stinks.

I doubt that. He wears a lot of purfume and powder. Now that #2 down #1 is having a bidet installed in the Executive $Hitter. Amendement 1 cause him to lay off the Wipers.

03-16-2009, 01:26 PM

Several months after the quoted post hit the thread "NH" did get his stripes. No one was more deserving. Will there be others? Hopefully, for those in the running, but somebody is going to complain.

03-17-2009, 03:28 AM

Several months after the quoted post hit the thread "NH" did get his stripes. No one was more deserving. Will there be others? Hopefully, for those in the running, but somebody is going to complain.

Just one. Only one. And the door will be closed. So those who were left on the list and didn't get it be proud. You ALMOST made it!