PDA

View Full Version : Major Gary Hurst

04-02-2008, 04:45 PM
This post is in rememberance of Major Gary Lyle Hurst.

Around this time 3 years ago, we were going through our first accreditation. Our department had 2 Majors in the administration. The administration wanted to promote one of them to the rank of assistant chief and get rid of the rank of Major. Major Gary Hurst was high in senority, however they did not want him to be an assistant chief. The administration wanted the newly appointed Major for the rank of assistant chief.

During the accreditation process, Major Gary Hurst made a small, but fatal mistake with the help of a senior officer. This senior officer was nothing but a pawn used by the administration in Major Gary Hurst's demise. As a punishment for Major Gary Hurst's mistake, he was not written up, suspended or offered additional training. No, he was fired!

The new Major then became assistant to the chief. The assistant chief stayed with Lauderhill PD for oh, about 3 years. The assistant chief has since retired. Major Gary Hurst passed away from a heart attack within the month he was fired, probably brought on from the stress of being fired so suddenly. It hardly seems worth giving the man a heart attack for a temporary employee.

Major Hurst has not been forgotten. I offer my condolences to his wife Linda and his children. God will punish those who have caused the Hurst family this grief. Rest in peace Major Gary Hurst, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

04-02-2008, 08:12 PM
This post is in rememberance of Major Gary Lyle Hurst.

Around this time 3 years ago, we were going through our first accreditation. Our department had 2 Majors in the administration. The administration wanted to promote one of them to the rank of assistant chief and get rid of the rank of Major. Major Gary Hurst was high in senority, however they did not want him to be an assistant chief. The administration wanted the newly appointed Major for the rank of assistant chief.

During the accreditation process, Major Gary Hurst made a small, but fatal mistake with the help of a senior officer. This senior officer was nothing but a pawn used by the administration in Major Gary Hurst's demise. As a punishment for Major Gary Hurst's mistake, he was not written up, suspended or offered additional training. No, he was fired!

The new Major then became assistant to the chief. The assistant chief stayed with Lauderhill PD for oh, about 3 years. The assistant chief has since retired. Major Gary Hurst passed away from a heart attack within the month he was fired, probably brought on from the stress of being fired so suddenly. It hardly seems worth giving the man a heart attack for a temporary employee.

Major Hurst has not been forgotten. I offer my condolences to his wife Linda and his children. God will punish those who have caused the Hurst family this grief. Rest in peace Major Gary Hurst, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Extremely well written and agreed with.

04-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Rest in Peace Gary. We had a great time together at work and off duty.
Good luck to all my brother and sister officers past and present at Lauderhill PD.

David Farley
exLHPD Detective
1995-2000

04-24-2008, 02:24 AM
Gary had a a great, genuine sense of humor and cared about his fellow cops. He was a good guy who got the short end. He was a faithbased person and I am sure he is one of Gods Guardian Angels.

04-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Rest in Peace Gary. We had a great time together at work and off duty.
Good luck to all my brother and sister officers past and present at Lauderhill PD.

David Farley
exLHPD Detective
1995-2000

Thanks Dave...Dave remember to keep this line handy for sticky situations
"....Its OK I'm a Limo Driver...." (Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber Movie

MOD 1
12-24-2008, 07:54 AM
I just deleted an anonymous post that made allegations of wrong doing against 2 named persons without posting substantial proof. This is a violation of the Terms of Use.

Mod 1