PDA

View Full Version : After Midnight....

04-02-2008, 05:30 AM
Why is it when I transport someone to the jail after midnight all the people working OVERTIME are so unhappy and upset to see me?

They all have such miserable looks on thier faces and don't even say hi back to me when I say "Hello"

I didn't unrinate in thier Cherrios.....

04-02-2008, 04:44 PM
no but the bums you keep bringing in for trespassing and open container did.

04-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Why is it when I transport someone to the jail after midnight all the people working OVERTIME are so unhappy and upset to see me?

They all have such miserable looks on thier faces and don't even say hi back to me when I say "Hello"

I didn't unrinate in thier Cherrios.....
You see officers staffing the jail after midnight???

04-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Why is the city using overtime to staff the jail. I thought years ago they closes the jail to save money?????????????????

04-03-2008, 04:45 AM
no but the bums you keep bringing in for trespassing and open container did.

I don't arrest people for such nonsense. I guess you didn't catch the part where I said I work midnights and not dayshift nor do I plan to signout the Blackhawk for the secret strike force.

Why is the city using overtime to staff the jail. I thought years ago they closes the jail to save money?????????????????

After 3 it's closed which is wonderful on a Friday and Saturday night when we are as busy as we are with the 7 people working the district not including the delta units shagging calls.

I enjoy making a 3 hour project out of a 1-2 hour arrest especially going down to BSO Mail to drop my 15's off. It reminds me of the DMV.

04-09-2008, 04:07 PM
You are the one deciding to take them to jail. My suggestion is to give them an NTA or criminal citation, if you dont want to go to BSO. Face it when they get to BSO, they give them an NTA and push them out the back door.

04-09-2008, 07:53 PM
You are the one deciding to take them to jail. My suggestion is to give them an NTA or criminal citation, if you dont want to go to BSO. Face it when they get to BSO, they give them an NTA and push them out the back door.
To reiterate the point one of the "Guest"s made: On midnights, there are real bad guys out. I doubt BSO will NTA for possession w/intent, 21, 41/0, or any of the quality arrests that are made when it's dark & scary out. Most of us would never go 10-31 for jaywalking, so having a staffed jail when real crime occurs would be pretty nice. Like PSA's, a staffed jail keeps more of us on the street to do our jobs, but I guess if we're going to work safely, that's not what we want, so whatever.

Oh, and can someone who has smiled once in his life work the jail for once? I'm tired of the sneers every time I go 15/19 (hello, GM). You'll have to miss maybe 10 minutes of a Cold Case rerun while you print & photograph my guy. Notice I didn't mention property, because most of the time, I have to do that myself to get the ball rolling.

04-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Hey Mickey McFinnigan, what flavor is the FLPD Kool-Aid these days? You should know.....sounds like you drink it by the gallon.
Do you really think your saving the world out there? Screw up just once making a "quality arrest" and the powers that be will drop you like a hot potato. :D

04-10-2008, 02:30 AM
The City is about to cram a sh!t sandwich contract down our throats; take five and five or we're going to strip even more benefits from you. Anyone who is still doing even a modicum of proactive work needs a blanket party. Violence and striking are denied us, so do like Ghandi did; non-compliance. Wait til you're ordered to do something then do it. Then wait for the next order. Do nothing proactive. Bare minimum. That's what they're paying you, and you get what you pay for.

04-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Hey Mickey McFinnigan, what flavor is the FLPD Kool-Aid these days?

We don't drink kool-aid on our shift, we drink Jungle Punch.

04-10-2008, 04:05 AM
Blah, blah, blah. Piss, ***** and moan. Moan, ***** and piss, Blah Blah Blah, Complaining about everything. This place sucks. Yadda, yadda, yadda!!!

Yea, that about covers it.

Blah!

04-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey guys, I know it sucks but you don't have to fill out an application to quit! Trust me, the grass IS greener!!!!

04-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey guys, I know it sucks but you don't have to fill out an application to quit! Trust me, the grass IS greener!!!!

Actually you do need to fill out an application to quit, of course, that application would have to be for another department. Or you could just quit, go bankrupt, become homeless, get addicted to crack, hangout in 207 zone, and have MRTA nuts chase you with guns and chainsaws.

04-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey Mickey McFinnigan, what flavor is the FLPD Kool-Aid these days? You should know.....sounds like you drink it by the gallon.
Do you really think your saving the world out there? Screw up just once making a "quality arrest" and the powers that be will drop you like a hot potato. :D

If someone is a real a$$ hole to an officer and it becomes an officer safety issue I'll take my chances and lock someone up. As far as I know, MOST of the officers on Mids, and I stress MOST because I know not everyone is on board, only make misd. arrests under that circumstance.

As far as the midnight jail guys being pissy, if you hate it so much, don't take an overtime shift that makes you have to deal with the 10-15's. There is plenty of OT out there. It's like a waitress going....great....customers...... What did you think was going to happen, you're working a jail for god's sake.

04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Actually you do need to fill out an application to quit, of course, that application would have to be for another department. Or you could just quit, go bankrupt, become homeless, get addicted to crack, hangout in 207 zone, and have MRTA nuts chase you with guns and chainsaws.
Now that you mention it, that is exactly what Hey-Bear suggested we do after he scraps our pension.

04-11-2008, 05:17 AM
The guys in the jail don't mind felony arrests, they actually encourage it. But 98% of the time it is misdemeanor arrests for city ord or traffic. The best is the 51 arrests from city hall. Hello we are in a contract year, city hall employees should be walking and jumping over those bums in the morning. City hall should be calling the chief asking why there are 50 bums on their front steps in the morning!

But drink you Kool-Aid, served fresh at briefing everyday. And go out and make a difference, because the city counts on your 18 arrests a month at COMSTAT.

The same guys will be working the jail, so my suggestion if you dont want to be greated with, "what city ord did this homeless man violated." Just go sit underneth a tree and relax. You get paid by the hour, remember?

Also FYI to all officers working midnight. The jail's last transport is around 1:30am sun-thur. Since we leave at 3am, we want to be out at 3am. And remember by policy the jail doesn't have to do the property, it is a courtesy.

04-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Jailer,

Well said but the Kool Aide drinkers and rah rah's will rag on you for it.

04-11-2008, 07:02 PM
[quote="Jailer"]The guys in the jail don't mind felony arrests, they actually encourage it. But 98% of the time it is misdemeanor arrests for city ord or traffic. The best is the 51 arrests from city hall. Hello we are in a contract year, city hall employees should be walking and jumping over those bums in the morning. City hall should be calling the chief asking why there are 50 bums on their front steps in the morning!

But drink you Kool-Aid, served fresh at briefing everyday. And go out and make a difference, because the city counts on your 18 arrests a month at COMSTAT.

quote]

Its not the junior officers making those BS arrests either. Its senior guys who should know better. Thats the worst thing. Yet that same officer will scream and cry when a junior officer does something and he has to answer a call outside of his area.