PDA

View Full Version : IT'S YOUR MIND USE IT!!!!!!

03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
After being at the Friday meeting, I left feeling the same way as when I got there. The only thing that changed was that someone was taking it upon themself to seek out Officers and try to change their mind on the actions being taken by the PBA. After the vote from Friday a week ago, which showed that almost 90% of the Officers that voted were in favor of the action that the PBA has and were taken. Sgt Lammie and Det Walton did a wonderful job stating the facts and what would happen if we decided to cut and run at this point. Not to mention that Kaz advised that PBA would basically be done with us.
There was a Union person who took it upon them selves to want us to retreat, stop the actions, fliers and any furture actions planed. They advised that this was ''not a good time'' for this to happen when money was so tight.
I have to think that it's not tight money that drives this person, but the fact that a Commander postion is going to open up with Commander Snow taking a new job. You should remember, that after all, this person was the same one who was at at our first contract meeting, and had called for a ''NO CONFIDENCE VOTE IN REGARDS TO CHIEF KELLY'', and ''HAD A FRIEND THAT COULD GET HIM BILLBOARDS AT A DISCOUNT RATE TO RUN LARGE ADDS''. It's hard for me to believe that now after 90 minutes he spent listening to Chief Kelly answer questions that he has had this total change of heart.

I WILL TELL YOU OR ANYONE THAT ASK, I'M NOT FOR ANYTHING NOR WOULD I AGREE TO ANYTHING THAT WOULD PUT CHIEF KELLY IN A BAD POSITION. I HAVE STATED BEFORE AND I WILL STATE AGAIN THAT TILL YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A WHILE YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE THE JOB HE DOES AND HAS DONE FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS. CHIEF KELLY HAS ALWAYS TREATED ME WELL AND WITH RESPECT. AND, I TREAT PEOPLE IN RETURN HOW THEY HAVE TREATED ME. HE IS NOT THE PBA TARGET NOR WILL HE BE AS LONG AS I AM ONE OF THE P.B.A. REPRESENTATIVES.

We must keep our eye on the prize, and focus on the issues at hand. This battle is not over, nor is it going to be any time soon, as our last meeting has indicated. The benefits of our current actions and voting may not be seen for at least 3 to 5 years. But, if we listen to a few people, who for their reasons and rationale have made an attempt to change our minds, it will KILL THIS DEPARTMENT. We will never see our Agency at full staff, nor will the salaries ever be at the standard and comparison they should be. There is a lot of knowledge and experience within the Department's Officers, we should never sacrifice quality and quantity.
This battle is for respect where there has been none for far too long. If we cut and run now they will laugh and KNOW we don't have what it takes for the long haul.
We must stay united and follow the lead of Sgt. Lammie and Det. Walton and not have people act as a "sniper", picking off our team one at a time.
As alway feel free to call me if you need to speak to me.

"GOOD MANAGERS TAKES CARE OF THEMSELVES....GOOD LEADERS TAKE CARE OF THEIR PEOPLE."

04-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Great Post. I understand the issue in reference to money being tight, but what about in the past? I have not been here long, but it appears that the police have always been put on the back burner. This is a pattern, not an isolated incident. I hope we do not retreat, but keep on trucking along. I would also like to comment on an issue brought up to me by another Officer. This Officer stated he was assigned to deliver a message to the "young ones". Apparently she/he was given the job to pass along to the "young ones" that they need to go elsewhere if they are looking for more opportunity...........This message originated from the top brass and really makes me think less of them. This action shows me that the higher ups dont care about retention of officers at all, and thats sad. Great morale booster there.

04-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Well, I have just fallen vicitm to this person too!! He has attempted, and is attempting to pursade numerous Officers to change their minds on our main objective. AINT GONNA HAPPEN! His true colors are showing, and we are all aware of his motive. Dont give in, we need to stand tall and continue our fight. AJ needs to understand, we dont back down, we fight back (just like he does, and I respect that).

04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I WILL TELL YOU OR ANYONE THAT ASK, I'M NOT FOR ANYTHING NOR WOULD I AGREE TO ANYTHING THAT WOULD PUT CHIEF KELLY IN A BAD POSITION. I HAVE STATED BEFORE AND I WILL STATE AGAIN THAT TILL YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A WHILE YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE THE JOB HE DOES AND HAS DONE FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS. CHIEF KELLY HAS ALWAYS TREATED ME WELL AND WITH RESPECT. AND, I TREAT PEOPLE IN RETURN HOW THEY HAVE TREATED ME. HE IS NOT THE PBA TARGET NOR WILL HE BE AS LONG AS I AM ONE OF THE P.B.A. REPRESENTATIVES.

I've had nine Chiefs in my time. I'd rate Chief Kelly as my #2 all-time. Chief Kelly runs the 2nd or 3rd largest dept in the County and probably in the top 50 in the State when you throw in the 14 frozen positions. The problem is that in departments we all came from, the police were about 45% of the workforce and Fire was about 25% and we could rule when we weren't bickering with each other. Here, we're about 1%. Think about the nice glossy public relations propaganda that our previous employers put out. On the front we found some combination of police vehicle, fire engine, traffic motorcycle, K9, mobile command post, bicycle cop, HazMat truck, etc. I don't expect to see us on the District's anytime soon. My #1 chief had clout because he had the biggest army, most visible part of the organization, and reported directly to either the city manager or strong mayor. Our chief has a bunch of people between him and our mayor (AJ). He also has principals and others that insert themselves either directly or by proxy into the chain-of-command, just like we have to put up with in the schools. We are also stuck with a bunch of one-size-fits-all rules that govern us because we're part of the District. In counties where the locals are the the school cops, they all carry Tasers. We'll probably get them when we had to skip the non-existant Taser and just shoot. We once had a rule that we could not exceed the speed limit - period. I don't believe that when rival gangs are squaring off that you want your backup coming at 25mph.

04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Sounds like someone is being framed!

04-02-2008, 02:22 AM
anyone have any idea what the PBA's next move is, when and what? I hope this guy gunning for Commander doesnt foil our plans.

04-02-2008, 02:34 AM
The PBA's next move is simple. But you guys in the road, so I can run you over.

04-02-2008, 03:59 AM
Its a shame but I see it comming already..its going to take a Columbine type tragic horrible incident, to really prove that School Board Officers are an ASSET and are NEEDED no matter what in our schools.
When the Superintendant says that he can hire a security guard firm to come in..and compares trained Officers with a Security Guard, its sad.
I dont work for the School Board Police but I wish you all well..be safe and stay strong..you are respected.

04-02-2008, 12:40 PM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SUPPORTSCHOOLPOLICE (http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SUPPORTSCHOOLPOLICE)

04-02-2008, 12:54 PM
The PBA's next move is simple. But you guys in the road, so I can run you over.

Why would you say such a horrible thing? You have serious issues. Post your name and I can show you the ramifications of those actions ;)

04-02-2008, 11:26 PM
What ramifications? You wanna piece of da Busdriver? You’re gonna need some help! You’ll look real tough with my tire marks on you’re head!

04-04-2008, 04:11 AM
What ramifications? You wanna piece of da Busdriver? You’re gonna need some help! You’ll look real tough with my tire marks on you’re head!
niiiiiice... you drive the children? really?

04-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Instead of guest, can we call you the "Boy Wonder"...

Well, I have just fallen vicitm to this person too!! He has attempted, and is attempting to pursade numerous Officers to change their minds on our main objective. AINT GONNA HAPPEN! His true colors are showing, and we are all aware of his motive. Dont give in, we need to stand tall and continue our fight. AJ needs to understand, we dont back down, we fight back (just like he does, and I respect that).

04-15-2008, 12:22 PM
NORMALLY I WOULD STICK TO MY TASK AT HAND....WHICH IF FULLY SUPPORTING OUR SCHOOL OFFICERS, (WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SUPPORTSCHOOLPOLICE (http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SUPPORTSCHOOLPOLICE)), HOWEVER, I COULD NOT PASS UP ON YOUR RUDE COMMENTS.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR POSITION AS A BUSDRIVER THEN LEAVE IT. I DON'T REALLY RECALL ANYONE ASKING YOU YOUR OPINION ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO GIVE IT BUT TO BE NASTY IS UNCALLED FOR. THESE OFFICERS SHOULD BE PULLING YOU OVER AND TICKETING YOU. YOU PULL OUT IN FRONT OF PARENTS TAKING THEIR CHILDREN TO SCHOOL. YOU PUT YOUR STOP ARM OUT SO OTHER BUS DRIVERS CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF NOT WAITING FOR TRAFFIC. TALK ABOUT ABUSING THE SYSTEM!!!! SINCE WHEN DID YOU OWN THE ROAD?? YOU HAVE NO REGARD FOR ONCOMING TRAFFIC. YOU DO NOT FOLLOW ANY OF THE TRAFFIC LAWS. YOU SPEED IN SCHOOL ZONES, YOU DRIVE RECKLESSLY. WHY DO YOU THINK I DRIVE MY CHILD TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY???

GROW UP AND FOLLOW THE RULES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. YOU ARE NO MORE SPECIAL THAN ANYONE ELSE!!!! SEE YA ON THE ROAD IN ABOUT TWENTY MINUTES, SO YOU CAN CUT ME AND ALL THE OTHER PARENTS OFF AGAIN JUST LIKE EVERY MORNING.

04-15-2008, 06:08 PM
OMG. What is up with the busdriver. This is so off the topic and has nothing to do with drivers. I have nothing but appreciation for u guys. But to be nasty and to know this kind of person is driving a bus with our children. You are talking about running people over. It's people like you that give other bus drivers bad reputations. Please get off he road before you hurt someon.

04-15-2008, 09:46 PM
MOD should delete this crap ASAP