PDA

View Full Version : Gloom and Doom

03-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Well after that Department meeting I feel much better about the direction of our department NOT. I would have felt better if I was atleast told to hang in there, we will make it through these trying time. I dont understand how every year we have issues with the District, and this year the excuse of "times are hard money wise" is used. We have never gotten what we deserve, this isn't an isolated incident, its a pattern. THE POLICE always get the short end of the stick. It seems almost half the department is processing, or is thinking about applying elsewhere, this is terrible. In addition the Chief doesnt take a stand for us on anything, not even our pay check "pay for time work" issue. The bus drivers got this changed, they have way more pull than us. I have been anti-green from the get go, but it seems we will never get the respect we deserve where we currently stand. Might not be a bad idea after all.
The wonderful video to boost moral was a day late and a dollar short too.

03-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Good point, I agree with you. I too walked away with nothing positive from that meeting.

03-30-2008, 05:18 PM
I really just wonder what it's going to take. I would not want anything bad to happen, nor do I wish they would learn their lesson from a bad situation. I don't believe a visit from any board member or super intendant would show anyone how the school is really ran. Once AJ or any other "important" person walks on campus the principals and A.P.'s jump into action, and are visible; when any other day they would be in their office telling us to handle their problems. How many times have you heard AJ was coming, and the staff jump to make the campus look like it is smooth sailing? Everytime he shows up! Why can't the staff do this everyday? And think once he shows up at the school, the next schools will get a heads up call from someone (it always happens).

I work my arse off at my school. Not with the assistance of a partner, even though I have one, I think. Some of us really work hard, and I don't need a evaluation to show my worth. I still can't understand why we don't get longevity pay, instead of having to do a career ladder. Some of us do not have the time to go to school after work, because we are working overtime (to make up for the shortfall), or we really would like to see our families after work. Give us (the ones that have stuck it out five years or more) some benefit to being here. Give us a reason to stay.

I enjoy the time off, weekends, holidays, and summers. But don't you think you could get the same at another agency? I believe so, but you may have to use vacation time. Yeah, that's right you get and can use vacation time at different agencies. How many days do we work a year? Now look at PBSO for example, how many more days do they work, not that much more. Oh yeah one more thing they get raises. What is a raise you ask. I'm not sure, they say it's a bump in pay to satisfy the difference in the cost of living.

A change would be great for our department, and I don't mean a merge. I know one place they can make up for the $150,000.00 needed to give us our extra two percent. How about the administrative fees, the extra fifteen dollars they get per hour per detail. Let's see.... they charge the leases fifty dollars an hour.............Wow an eight hour detail on Sundays at one school for forty-four Sundays is $5280.00. How many schools have services on Sundays and Wednesdays? How many other leases thoughout the district do they have (not counting churches)? And you "can't" give us the raises needed. :evil: :evil:

03-30-2008, 06:45 PM
I really just wonder what it's going to take. I would not want anything bad to happen, nor do I wish they would learn their lesson from a bad situation. I don't believe a visit from any board member or super intendant would show anyone how the school is really ran. Once AJ or any other "important" person walks on campus the principals and A.P.'s jump into action, and are visible; when any other day they would be in their office telling us to handle their problems. How many times have you heard AJ was coming, and the staff jump to make the campus look like it is smooth sailing? Everytime he shows up! Why can't the staff do this everyday? And think once he shows up at the school, the next schools will get a heads up call from someone (it always happens).

I work my arse off at my school. Not with the assistance of a partner, even though I have one, I think. Some of us really work hard, and I don't need a evaluation to show my worth. I still can't understand why we don't get longevity pay, instead of having to do a career ladder. Some of us do not have the time to go to school after work, because we are working overtime (to make up for the shortfall), or we really would like to see our families after work. Give us (the ones that have stuck it out five years or more) some benefit to being here. Give us a reason to stay.

I enjoy the time off, weekends, holidays, and summers. But don't you think you could get the same at another agency? I believe so, but you may have to use vacation time. Yeah, that's right you get and can use vacation time at different agencies. How many days do we work a year? Now look at PBSO for example, how many more days do they work, not that much more. Oh yeah one more thing they get raises. What is a raise you ask. I'm not sure, they say it's a bump in pay to satisfy the difference in the cost of living.

A change would be great for our department, and I don't mean a merge. I know one place they can make up for the $150,000.00 needed to give us our extra two percent. How about the administrative fees, the extra fifteen dollars they get per hour per detail. Let's see.... they charge the leases fifty dollars an hour.............Wow an eight hour detail on Sundays at one school for forty-four Sundays is $5280.00. How many schools have services on Sundays and Wednesdays? How many other leases thoughout the district do they have (not counting churches)? And you "can't" give us the raises needed. :evil: :evil:

Good points. One correction since I saw the letter that went out. The schools are charged a flat rate of $50 per hour for OT, not the leases. They bill the church, etc (supposed to anyway per the letter) $43 per hour. One thing that you left out was all the administrators who lack radio skill and common courtesy. They jump all over everyone's transmissions; they don't answer the radio; go to lunch and leave radio in office; go to potty and leave radio in office; just waiting for a Code Red and no one in office has a radio or is listening so the announcement can be made and bells rung. I've already had one admin onview something and have to run to a phone because he left his walkie in his office, and another who got into a physical altercation with a student on the way to lunch and told me that he was just going to lunch and didn't think he'd need it. By the way, the meeting that the Chief alluded to happened two summers ago and was called Blending Perspectives. It was designed to break down the barriers and help the cops and admins understand each others problems better. You figure that each cop has at least one principal and an AP (even at the smallest school), so thay should have vastly outnumbered the cops. There were 2X the number of cops as there were administrators. We probaly got the ones that cared. Therein lies one big problem.