PDA

View Full Version : Charlie knows how to pick them

03-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Broward County sheriff candidate under FDLE investigation
By Scott Wyman and Sofia Santana | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
March 29, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share
Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Fark Google Newsvine Reddit Yahoo Print Reprints Post comment Text size: Agents with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are investigating a state Human Relations commissioner who is running for Broward County sheriff.

FDLE spokeswoman Kristen Perezluha said the agency is looking into "an allegation" against Shahrukh "Shak" Dhanji, but she declined to provide further details. Dhanji is among eight candidates seeking to take charge of the Broward Sheriff's Office in this year's election.

Dhanji, a 40-year-old resident of Coconut Creek, said he was not aware of any investigation and had not been contacted by law enforcement officers.

"I don't know what they're looking at, but they're welcome to look because I have nothing to hide," Dhanji said.

Dhanji is chief executive of Counter Balance Investments and founded a group called Human Relations Council of Florida, an organization that partners with government agencies to alleviate discrimination through dialogue, education and outreach programs. He's also an appointee to the state Commission on Human Relations by two Republicans, Gov. Charlie Crist and former Gov. Jeb Bush.

In addition to Dhanji, the other Democratic candidates for sheriff are Scott Israel, Billy Davison, Richard Lemack, Pat Aahara, Bruce Udolf and Wiley Thompson. The sole Republican candidate is incumbent Al Lamberti, who was chosen last year by Crist to fill the remainder of Ken Jenne's term after Jenne's conviction and imprisonment in a public corruption case.

Scott Wyman can be reached at swyman@sun-sentinel.com or 954-356-4511.

Charlie knows how to pick them..
Just like the one we have as sheriff...

04-01-2008, 10:38 AM
March 29, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share
Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Fark Google Newsvine Reddit Yahoo Print Reprints Post comment Text size: Agents with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are investigating a state Human Relations commissioner who is running for Broward County sheriff.

FDLE spokeswoman Kristen Perezluha said the agency is looking into "an allegation" against Shahrukh "Shak" Dhanji, but she declined to provide further details. Dhanji is among eight candidates seeking to take charge of the Broward Sheriff's Office in this year's election.

Dhanji, a 40-year-old resident of Coconut Creek, said he was not aware of any investigation and had not been contacted by law enforcement officers.

"I don't know what they're looking at, but they're welcome to look because I have nothing to hide," Dhanji said.

Dhanji is chief executive of Counter Balance Investments and founded a group called Human Relations Council of Florida, an organization that partners with government agencies to alleviate discrimination through dialogue, education and outreach programs. He's also an appointee to the state Commission on Human Relations by two Republicans, Gov. Charlie Crist and former Gov. Jeb Bush.

In addition to Dhanji, the other Democratic candidates for sheriff are Scott Israel, Billy Davison, Richard Lemack, Pat Aahara, Bruce Udolf and Wiley Thompson. The sole Republican candidate is incumbent Al Lamberti, who was chosen last year by Crist to fill the remainder of Ken Jenne's term after Jenne's conviction and imprisonment in a public corruption case.

Anyone heard the status on Shak's arrest???

04-02-2008, 02:49 AM
March 29, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share

Yeah, Governor Christ should have known about this, why? You liberals love to paint with a broad brush when a republican is even investigated for something....Need I remind you it was a democrat sheriff that was just found guilty and sent to prison.

I don't see anybody spouting about how former Governor Chiles appointed Jenne and saying, boy, that Chiles can sure pick em!!!!

Now, because someone is appointed to some obscure panel....it is Christ's fault?

Oh, by the way.....Shak is running on the Democratic ticket!!!! Moron

04-02-2008, 09:18 AM
March 29, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share

Yeah, Governor Christ should have known about this, why? You liberals love to paint with a broad brush when a republican is even investigated for something....Need I remind you it was a democrat sheriff that was just found guilty and sent to prison.

I don't see anybody spouting about how former Governor Chiles appointed Jenne and saying, boy, that Chiles can sure pick em!!!!

Now, because someone is appointed to some obscure panel....it is Christ's fault?

Hey Moron, the point was that Charlie picked Shak and also picked the female for PERC as well as our current CARETAKER who will never be a Sheriff. Charlie really knows how to pick em...

04-02-2008, 10:11 PM
March 29, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share

Hey Moron, the point was that Charlie picked Shak and also picked the female for PERC as well as our current CARETAKER who will never be a Sheriff. Charlie really knows how to pick em...

NO, the point was, you were blaming Christ for this guy being suspected of being a crook. Read the story again.....He was APPOINTED by Bush.....which means he was retained by Christ when he made those appointments to this committee. He was not PICKED by Christ. That is your personal, SLANTED view on it.

But since you brought up the appointment of the lady for PERC.....you will never know if that was a good or bad selection, since she turned down the offer after the public scrutiny.

Hey, McFly....news flash....Lamberti is our SHERIFF, the fact that you fail to recognize, and show respect to his current rank, is part of the problem with this agency. But you only do it away from him. You would never, never in a million years, say that to his face.....that makes you another keyboard toughguy......PU$$Y

Finally, WHO GIVES A RATS A$$ when it has nothing to do with our agency, our contract, our future (please tell me, you didn't think this guy Shak had a chance did you??). It is just more juvenile rhetoric from you anti-Lamberti's that has nothing to do with anything.

Go hit a Lemack or Israel fundraiser and make sure you put a breathmint in before you smootch Brickman, Carney and Auer's collective asses.

04-02-2008, 10:23 PM
[quote=Anonymous]Broward County sheriff candidate under FDLE investigation
March 29, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share

NO, the point was, you were blaming Christ for this guy being suspected of being a crook. Read the story again.....He was APPOINTED by Bush.....which means he was retained by Christ when he made those appointments to this committee. He was not PICKED by Christ. That is your personal, SLANTED view on it.

But since you brought up the appointment of the lady for PERC.....you will never know if that was a good or bad selection, since she turned down the offer after the public scrutiny.

Hey, McFly....news flash....Lamberti is our SHERIFF, the fact that you fail to recognize, and show respect to his current rank, is part of the problem with this agency. But you only do it away from him. You would never, never in a million years, say that to his face.....that makes you another keyboard toughguy......PU$$Y

Finally, WHO GIVES A RATS A$$ when it has nothing to do with our agency, our contract, our future (please tell me, you didn't think this guy Shak had a chance did you??). It is just more juvenile rhetoric from you anti-Lamberti's that has nothing to do with anything.

Go hit a Lemack or Israel fundraiser and make sure you put a breathmint in before you smootch Brickman, Carney and Auer's collective asses.[/quote:nlytq9vj]

I don't know who you are, but man Thank you! You knocked that one out of the park.

Nice response!

Go Lamberti!

04-02-2008, 11:55 PM
[quote="And your point????":p0sflw9c][quote=Anonymous]Broward County sheriff candidate under FDLE investigation
March 29, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share

Go hit a Lemack or Israel fundraiser and make sure you put a breathmint in before you smootch Brickman, Carney and Auer's collective asses.[/quote:p0sflw9c]

I don't know who you are, but man Thank you! You knocked that one out of the park.

Nice response!

Go Lamberti![/quote:p0sflw9c]

Lets take a look at the good sheriff's claim to fame since his appointment:

1. Hired Werder (Alf's dad) at 165,000
2. Hired Wheeler(I need a coat hanger to keep my jacket on my shoulder) at 165,000
3. Hired the great Santucci(I swear I will at least pay my family back the money I owe them) at 130,000
4. Hired Berkowitz ( the worm) at 100,000 in an effort to gain the condo support.
5. Still hasn't given us a raise (says the money isn't there, I wonder why? see above it might be a clue).
6. Hired Dave Ericks to negotiate our contract( I guess we don't have anyone inside and we have plenty of money for outsiders, just not for a raise).
7. Drops bait to raccoons that have rabies from the most expensive helicopter in the fleet ( That was a fiscally sound decision!!).
8. Appointed Kim Kisslan as chief Legal Counsel knowing that she handled all of Jenne's real estate transactions between him and Procarro (this was an excellent choice).

I think you might want to check your facts, before you blindly throw your support behind what you have. Again Al has always been a great Caretaker but doesn't have what it takes to be the top cop..
Always a brides maid, but never a bride......

04-03-2008, 02:14 AM
[quote="And your point????":mb227oz6][quote=Anonymous]Broward County sheriff candidate under FDLE investigation
March 29, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share

Go hit a Lemack or Israel fundraiser and make sure you put a breathmint in before you smootch Brickman, Carney and Auer's collective asses.

Nice response!

Go Lamberti![/quote:mb227oz6]

2. Hired Wheeler(I need a coat hanger to keep my jacket on my shoulder) at 165,000
3. Hired the great Santucci(I swear I will at least pay my family back the money I owe them) at 130,000
4. Hired Berkowitz ( the worm) at 100,000 in an effort to gain the condo support.
5. Still hasn't given us a raise (says the money isn't there, I wonder why? see above it might be a clue).
6. Hired Dave Ericks to negotiate our contract( I guess we don't have anyone inside and we have plenty of money for outsiders, just not for a raise).
7. Drops bait to raccoons that have rabies from the most expensive helicopter in the fleet ( That was a fiscally sound decision!!).
8. Appointed Kim Kisslan as chief Legal Counsel knowing that she handled all of Jenne's real estate transactions between him and Procarro (this was an excellent choice).

I think you might want to check your facts, before you blindly throw your support behind what you have. Again Al has always been a great Caretaker but doesn't have what it takes to be the top cop..
Always a brides maid, but never a bride......[/quote:mb227oz6]

You sound like Michael Mayo....just make shiit up with your theory as you go for filler...

04-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Always a brides maid, but never a bride......[/quote]

You sound like Michael Mayo....just make shiit up with your theory as you go for filler...[/quote]

Sound like someone on the 5th floor has finally started to tell us the truth...

04-05-2008, 12:38 PM
anyone know what they are talking about?