PDA

View Full Version : PBA Meeting

03-26-2008, 06:10 PM
MODS, PLEASE KEEP THIS UP!!!!!!!

Hello to everyone:

I have read some of the previous posts about switching unions, and I have given it a lot of thought. I have no hard feelings about the FOP, and I have nothing but respect for the FOP board members that serve us, but I think I need a change. Maybe some of you need a change as well.

I have decided research things with the PBA, and I found out some interesting info. Rickie Nelson from Central Florida PBA will be having a meeting at the Country Kitchen in Brooksville on Thursday April 3rd (time will be announced later). He will discuss matters about membership and what the PBA can offer. Rickie will also talk about how Central Florida PBA wishes to take the Hernando and Citrus district from Pinellas PBA. The reasoning behind the takeover is simple; Pinellas PBA does not have anywhere near the resources that Central Florida PBA has, and we would have better service with Central Florida PBA.

Rickie also told me that that PBA dues will be lower than what we pay now for the FOP. General membership with Legal is just $15.00 a month. Collective bargaining is $32.00 monthly, still less than what we pay for FOP. And, if you switch to PBA, you will still get all the benefits from our FOP contract, but you will pay much less monthly.

So if you are on the fence about switching unions, or just want to hear what the other side has to offer, then drop by on April 3rd. The PBA will be paying for our dinner at the Country Kitchen, so you really have nothing to lose.

I will be updating this when I hear about the exact time for the meeting. If you plan on attending, please reply to this post. You can do it anonymously, since we just need a head count.

If there are any other questions, Rickie said you are more than welcome to call him on his cell: (386) 330 4298.

Hope to see you guys there!!!

03-27-2008, 01:37 PM
You guys at HCSO really need to consider going with Florida PBA. Mr. Nelson actually works for the Florida PBA, not Central Florida PBA. It's a common mistake since there are multiple chapters of the PBA throughout the state.

I have known Rick for a long time. He is a field Rep with PBA and a former Law Enforcement Officer. If you had any discipline issues, Rick would be the one to help you out. I can promise you that you would not be able to find a better Rep than Rick. He works constantly to help out officers. He answers his phone at 3am on a Sunday and is always willing to meet with the officers regardless of the time or day of the week.

I was a member of another union prior to joining PBA. At the time, I couldn't stand PBA, but I'm awfully glad we have them now. Even if you don't want to kick out FOP, I would recommend attending the meeting anyway just to listen to what he has to say. If you don't like what he has to offer, at least you get a meal out of it!

03-27-2008, 04:02 PM
I will be there....lets hope pba doesnt allow working deputies at our agency to be on the board.

03-27-2008, 05:34 PM
please let me know the times i have to work that day but i am in for a change

03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Change sounds so good!

03-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Can anyone tell me what other agencies are with pba??

03-28-2008, 02:19 AM
There are a bunch of agencies that use the Florida PBA. Among them are FHP, DOT, Alachua S.O., Orange County S.O., University PD's, FDLE, Levy County S.O. and a bunch of others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Remember, Florida PBA is kind of the "mother" of the other PBA's throughout the state. There are also West Central PBA, Coastal PBA, and Big Bend PBA, and Pinellas PBA. It gets kind of confusing, but I would recommend going with FL PBA since they are the biggest one.

03-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Hey everyone...just wanted to give you a quick update. The meeting will be held at 1300 hours on Thursday, April 3rd, at the Country Kitchen in Brooksville. I will be getting more 43 on the exact agenda very soon; probably this afternoon. I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks for all the support! It's good to see some positive posts on this board for a change.

03-28-2008, 11:35 PM
traffic girl get me the 43 please i am working that day and cant make but need a change

03-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Maybe pba get do some different meetings so different squads can attend.

traffic girl
03-31-2008, 12:39 AM
Good evening to everyone!

Just an update on the PBA meeting...The Q&A session for people interested in going PBA will be from 1300 hours to 1400 hours. Rick Nelson will have additional personnel on hand to help answer your questions. If you are interested in going PBA, we ask that you stay a little past 1400 hours, because we will need your support for the switchover from Pinellas PBA to Florida PBA (basically it means more union power for us). There will be a lot of out-of-county people showing up at that time. FYI, Citrus S.O. is also maybe planning to go PBA, so they may be there too.

Those of you that cannot make it, either post your questions/concerns or PM me (I registered so you can do this) and I will be sure to ask them. Or you can get me on the cell or home phone (please call after 1300 hours since I sleep during the morning). Also, if you are interested in the switchover from Pinellas PBA to Florida PBA but can't make it to the meeting, please contact me and give me your name so I can pass it along to Rick Nelson.

Also, Rick Nelson will probably be having another meeting within the next month or so for the Squad One guys and girls. I will keep everyone updated on that, too.

Once again, thank you for all the support! I look forward to seeing you all there!! :D

03-31-2008, 03:20 AM
MODS, PLEASE KEEP THIS UP!!!!!!!

Hello to everyone:

I have read some of the previous posts about switching unions, and I have given it a lot of thought. I have no hard feelings about the FOP, and I have nothing but respect for the FOP board members that serve us, but I think I need a change. Maybe some of you need a change as well.

I have decided research things with the PBA, and I found out some interesting info. Rickie Nelson from Central Florida PBA will be having a meeting at the Country Kitchen in Brooksville on Thursday April 3rd (time will be announced later). He will discuss matters about membership and what the PBA can offer. Rickie will also talk about how Central Florida PBA wishes to take the Hernando and Citrus district from Pinellas PBA. The reasoning behind the takeover is simple; Pinellas PBA does not have anywhere near the resources that Central Florida PBA has, and we would have better service with Central Florida PBA.

Rickie also told me that that PBA dues will be lower than what we pay now for the FOP. General membership with Legal is just $15.00 a month. Collective bargaining is $32.00 monthly, still less than what we pay for FOP. And, if you switch to PBA, you will still get all the benefits from our FOP contract, but you will pay much less monthly.

So if you are on the fence about switching unions, or just want to hear what the other side has to offer, then drop by on April 3rd. The PBA will be paying for our dinner at the Country Kitchen, so you really have nothing to lose.

I will be updating this when I hear about the exact time for the meeting. If you plan on attending, please reply to this post. You can do it anonymously, since we just need a head count.

If there are any other questions, Rickie said you are more than welcome to call him on his cell: (386) 330 4298.

Hope to see you guys there!!!
Be very careful with PBA. They have a history of telling you what you want to hear and not delivering.

03-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Guys and girls.We are in bad financial times for governments due to them over taxing citizens and then cutting back with amendment 1.So ,we need to be patient whoever we select.

04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
You people must be crazy. The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office just decertified the PBA after only three years. The PBA could not and did not provide the service we needed or the contract we hoped for. The PBA leadership was self serving their own interests and in bed with Sheriff Gee.
The cost of dues was not worth the lack of representation. Even the Tampa Police just voted out their old PBA leadership and separated from the West Coast PBA to start their own PBA charter to get away from the infighting and incompetence. The State PBA kept the lions share of the treasury. Our dues money did little more than keep the Board members paid and happy spending on themselves.

No way we would ever go back to the PBA. Good riddance! If you have the FOP now, keep it. They are much better at representing you in IA's and in contracts. Don't let a few small minds convince you to switch.

Talk to the Melbourne Police officers who were PBA for years. They also just dumped the PBA and switched to the FOP. They can tell you horror stories.

traffic girl
04-03-2008, 04:19 AM
Just a reminder...the PBA meeting will be on 04/03 at 1300 hours at the Country Kitchen on the Truck Route in Brooksville. We will be in the enclosed meeting room in the back. I hope to see some of you there.

One more thing...I noticed that there are some dissenters that have posted some negative things about the PBA on this thread. Those of you that ARE considering going PBA, please consider the sources of those posts. Certain people (not necessarily everyone) with the FOP are probably upset about this meeting, and they will do their best to keep you from attending. Don't let the claims of faceless, anonymous people talk you out of investigating other options if you are looking at other unions.

So if you are on the fence, or even remotely considering a change, give it a chance and stop by. Obviously you have no obligation to join, but at least you will have the opportunity to make an informed decision.

-traffic girl

04-03-2008, 05:17 AM
Bladerunner2 is only half right about Hillsborough, TPA and Melbourne PD. Those agencies were with PBA's Charters, not the State or Chapter ran by the State PBA (the mother ship). This is exactly why Rick Nelson is coming to talk to everyone. If we were to join the PBA right now, we'd have to join the Pinellas PBA (a Charter). The Charter's are smaller, have fewer resources and they don't have the legal, political clout and backing of the Florida PBA. They are stand-alone charters ran by themselves.

Rick Nelson is given you guys the opportunity to change that if we want it. Just as Go PBA mentioned, Rick Nelson is known by most of us State guys. You may have read about him representing the Officers at UFPD that started the national "Don't Taz Bro" slur. The University wanted the officers fired...Rick stopped that and they kept their jobs. Or maybe the deputies in Alachua that had to kill a doctor for trying to kill his wife...and Rick was there.

The guy has been cop, he's been in our shoes and knows how to play the game. I don't care who you select, but give the guy a chance. He's the last guy management wants on their case. I know this because, I read the Inspector Generals Report he filed on management which lead to getting one Captain fired, a Lieutenant Colonel a three day suspension and a Director of a State agency terminated.

If you have doubts about what I'm saying, feel free to read the report on FLStateCop.com or call and or/do a public records request at:

Office of Inspector General
605 Suwannee Street, MS 44
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Attention: Howard Greenfield
Phone: (850) 410-5800

There's even other documents filed through the Florida Ethic's Commission, the Governor's Inspector General's Office on review for Management Misconduct and unethical violations. He truly is managements nighmare. If there's wrong doing, he'll find it. He doesn't work for the SO, no deputy has to put their job on the line and problem solved!

Just something to think about....knowledge is power!

04-03-2008, 01:07 PM
As a state officer I would like to give those of you who are considering the PBA a few personal thoughts of my dealings with the PBA.

Rick Nelson is an outstanding person who works very hard for the rights of all officers/deputies. He is available for questions when ever the need arises. It doesn't matter what agency you work for, he will get the information you need.

As for the rest of the PBA staff, I won't give them the time of day. I don't ever receive any representation from them, and since I work for a smaller state agency, they feel that my issues aren't worth their effort. I have been fighting an issue with my agency for almost a year and I still can't get it resolved because the PBA doesn't feel it is worth the time for Rick Nelson to get involved.

This past year FHP has elected to start their own chapter of the PBA which is removed from the other state agencies. Since this has happened, FHP is receiving most of the lobbying power from the PBA and the other state agencies have been pushed aside. Granted that FHP is the most well known agency within the state and in the publics eye, but this has not allowed the other state agencies to receive equal representation from the PBA.

I realize that working for a county agency things can and will get resolved quicker and with more attention than working for a state agency. I am very supportive of Hernando S.O. and I have met and worked with many fine deputies in the county. All agencies have problems and turmoil, but overall I feel HCSO has a great group of people.

I want to stress a few points for all to think about. First, Florida is a right to work state. Unions can only do so much for you. Second, Rick Nelson is only one person and does not represent the entire PBA staff. Third, HCSO is a smaller agency compared to other S.O.s that PBA represents. As I stated in my above comment, the larger agencies will and do get better representation from PBA.

Please consider what I have posted here before you make the switch to PBA. I am very disappointed with the PBA and would not recommend them to anyone. I need the $32.00 a month to feed my family on my state salary.

Best of luck to all at HCSO and keep up the great work.

04-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm going to chim in this discussion also as I have known Rick Nelson a many of years. He is a STRONG supporter of us and without his guidance, knowledge and determination, I wouldn't be a member of the PBA. If you guys are lucky enough to get him as your represenative, you'll have a strong advocate on your side. The question I would ask the PBA is..."will we have Rick Nelson as our representative or not." If not, think twice about switching, if so, then you couldn't ask for a better person in your corner when your butt is hanging out in the wind.

Now I'm pretty sure he doesn't work in Hernando County, he works the Northern Counties. Ask him yourself, he will give you a straight answer, beware asking someone else from PBA. If he doesn't work your area, think about the teamsters...FOP has always been friendly and supportive of management. After all, the FOP are members from within your own agency. Who's feathers are they going to ruffle when the crap hits the fan? Their bosses...I doubt it.

As Hernando State Officer said "As for the rest of the PBA staff, I won't give them the time of day. I don't ever receive any representation from them, and since I work for a smaller state agency, they feel that my issues aren't worth their effort." Rick Nelson is just the opposite...he will fight as hard for a Trooper as he would a Juvenile Justice Officer.

Get him or go to Teamsters...and that's my 2cents worth!

04-05-2008, 12:51 PM
This has been some good info.Thanks Guys

04-05-2008, 03:46 PM
What happened at the meeting onThursday? how many people showed

traffic girl
04-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Hello to everyone:

I just wanted to share some of the events of the PBA meeting for those that were unable to attend this past Thursday. As far as Switching from Pinellas PBA to Florida PBA, I believe we made it clear that we were supportive of going to Florida PBA. The head of Pinellas PBA was there, and he was receptive to our feelings. We may still need to have a vote, however, so there may be another meeting in the works.

Now for some good news: Several of you posted concerns about how our FOP president, VP, etc. work at our office, so there is a question about impartiality and fairness for us since our FOP elected officals have a vested interest in keeping the brass happy. Well, Florida PBA does NOT work that way. Since it is FLORIDA PBA, the union elected officials are picked from a large group of agencies...not just ours. For example, Rick Nelson and Jim Wiggins told me that the current PBA president is employed with Osceola (or Alachua County--I don't remember which), the VP is a Vice cop from somewhere else, etc... The bottom line here is that the elected officials are not from our agency, unless someone from our agency runs for office, but he or she still has to win the popular vote from all those other agencies.

Now, we will still have representation present from our office. Florida PBA allows us to elect officers from our office to represent us at the state level. I believe we get to pick 1 officer per every 50 cops we have. So we should have like 3 1/2 officers.

I guess the best way to understand all that is to compare it to our House of Representatives. Everyone in the country gets to send reps, but only a few of those reps get to have the top spots.

I feel it is important to have upper-level representation from other agencies, since they cannot be pressured by our administration to make decisions that maybe aren't in the best interests of the rank-and-file.

Another important tidbit I heard at the meeting was about potential collective bargaining: If we were able to get PBA for collective bargaining then the bargaining board would not consist of anyone from our agency. PBA has a set group of people that do all the arbitration for everyone in Florida PBA. Again, this is SO important, since the arbitrators will be immune from any pressures our administration wants to exert. They will be able to make decisions in OUR best interests.

Lastly, dues will be cheaper if you decide to switch to PBA.

So, if you are interested in a change, I have numerous PBA applications here at the house. Either PM me or call me at the house (after 2PM please) and give me your home address and I will get an app out to you ASAP. PM me to get my home number and home email addy. If you get my voice mail, just be sure to leave me your full address, since I know better than to use the agency intranet to get your address for "non-official" business. Also, please don't ask me about this while I'm (or you're) on-duty, for obvious reasons. Don't use the agency email either.

I hope to hear from some of you soon! :D

04-06-2008, 02:24 PM
This sounds good.I like the way the pba doesnt have the deputies who work for the agency as a board memeber or president.Fop is influenced by brass.It would be whoever is president as we are under there influence.Pba sounds like a very impartial and better way.Thanks Traffic girl

04-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Did you forget what the PBA did for you in Inverness????? Nothing

Thanks I will stay with what we have

04-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Inverness is a small pd and did good for its size.Its no tampa or miami...

04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
What about Tampa P.D. and Hillsborough S.O. They DUMPED the PBA Chapter and started their own....So your telling me that if you are a small P.D. or S.O. the Pba won't help you.. That's NICE

traffic girl
04-08-2008, 05:55 AM
Did you forget what the PBA did for you in Inverness????? Nothing

Thanks I will stay with what we have

Nice to see someone with a good memory. There aren't many people in Hernando that heard about that, so I believe I know who you are. Irregardless, you don't know the whole story, because you obviously weren't there.

When I started with the infamous IPD in 2000, they were in the process of voting between PBA and FOP. Morale was bad because we were only making $8.81 per hour, regardless of how long we had been working there. No step plan whatsoever OR merit raises. Some of the officers complained because the PBA rep that was redoing the contract (I don't think he is still with PBA) was not listening to their input. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. So it went to a vote, and I voted for FOP, since everyone was recommending it and I didn't know any better. I soon regretted my decision, because in subsequent collective bargaining meetings, I was told that I would not be allowed to partcipate in contract discussions, or to give my input as to the content of the new contract. I found that quite unfair, since I was paying FOP dues, just like everyone else. Kind of like taxation without representation (for those of you that are history buffs).

Anyway, the bargaining board eventually hashed out a contract in 2001/2002, but it sucked because I don't think the FOP really stood up to our jerk of a city manager. Basically, the only benefit was that we went from $8.81 per hour to $10.50 per hour, which was roughly 22 grand yearly. Of course we got screwed into having to go to 84 hour pay periods, where we didn't get OT until the 85th hour. Since IPD was always shorthanded, we normally got a lot of overtime. But we were on eight hour shifts when the contract was completed, so we essentially lost that extra 4 hours of OT every pay period--it was straight time. I think they screwed us on insurance, too, but I don't remember the details. Also, I'm pretty sure that they did not institute a step plan, and I don't remember them adding merit raises either. Bottom line, it wasn't much of an improvement.

So that is the story. Take it or leave it. Now, if you feel compelled to remind me fo how PBA allegedly did nothing in Inverness, keep the above paragraphs in mind. And, I will remind you that it is because of the FOP that I have to work these sucky 85 hour pay periods for straight time. It is because of the FOP that I lose 130 extra hours with my family each year. When it came time to vote for the contract in 2006, I voted against the contract. I thought we could do better.

Now, I still think we can do better. I have given the FOP over seven years, but they are not living up to my expectations.

Don't find fault in me for wanting to fight for something better.

Regards,

traffic girl

04-09-2008, 04:55 AM
"Ok" has missed the point...read the entire thread next time.

What about Tampa P.D. and Hillsborough S.O. They DUMPED the PBA Chapter and started their own....So your telling me that if you are a small P.D. or S.O. the Pba won't help you.. That's NICE

They DIDN'T dump the PBA Chapter. They dumped the West Coast PBA Charter....a CHARTER, not Chapter! That's why their is decision to be made and soon! If we decided to go with PBA, as it stands today, we'd have to go with the Pinellas PBA Charter. And the Charter's have very limited resources...whereas; the Chapters have the political backing and unlimited resources of the Florida PBA in their pockets.

Now that's a BIG difference!

So the question is...if we decide to go to PBA, do we want a Charter (Pinellas PBA) from as far south as St. Pete to represent us, or the muscle of a Chapter backed by the Florida PBA with representatives in our back yard, not to mention the support of surrounding County Deputies as a force to be reckon with? We've seen how well a Charter did for Tampa and HCSO...my vote is to have a Chapter to represent us.

There is a difference between the two!

04-09-2008, 08:14 AM
They still DUMPED the Charter/Chapter The PBA DUMPED the PBA That sez a lot. It is in house fighting Tampa P.D. is a 1800 man unit you just don't throw that away....

MOD 332
04-11-2008, 04:05 AM
To Quest:

I have preached repeatedly about not entering slanderous posts, and most have listened. It is very important that we keep this site PRODUCTIVE since it is a means for us to effect change. Unfortunately, you have forced me to take action since you did not heed my numerous warnings.

Quest, just because you don't agree with what someone is posting, it doesn't give you the carte blanche to resort to what you posted. The person you replied to was responsibly exercising free speech. You chose to use libel, and that is unacceptable. I have deleted your post from the thread, and have contacted MOD 1 about banning your IP address.

MOD 332

04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
They still DUMPED the Charter/Chapter The PBA DUMPED the PBA That sez a lot. It is in house fighting Tampa P.D. is a 1800 man unit you just don't throw that away....

Again, you are incorrect. It wasn't the PBA dumping the PBA. It was the Tampa Officers dumping their own Tampa Officers that created the West Coast Charter under PBA's banner. Tampa PD has switched from being a Charter to being a Chapter. Again, I'll say it....there is a BIG difference between the two.

A little history (http://www.tampapba.org/about/history/) - in 1975 sworn members of the Tampa Police Department unionized with the PBA and originally established The Hillsborough County PBA Charter. With plans to expand and absorb more agencies, the name was changed in 1986 to The West Central Florida PBA Charter. Eventually the WCFPBA grew to include a number of agencies in Hillsborough, Polk and Pasco counties.

As a result, the Tampa Police Department (and some smaller agencies) were grouped into one of four Chapters under this Charter organization.

In 2008 the Tampa Police Department withdrew from the WCFPBA Charter and once again established a sole Charter under the Florida PBA as the Tampa PBA. The Tampa PBA Charter only represents members of the Tampa Police Department.

The Florida PBA's Chapter is the way to go....get away from stand-alone Charter's. Nott that there is anything wrong with the Pinellas Charter, but why not get the full backing and support of the Florida PBA as a Chapter?

04-13-2008, 11:50 PM
The PBA Dumped the PBA

04-14-2008, 03:02 AM
The PBA Dumped the PBA If that were the case, then why would we still be under the Florida PBA banner Mr. KnowItAll?

I figured you'd notice my point about - In 2008 the Tampa Police Department withdrew from the WCFPBA Charter and once again established a sole Charter under the Florida PBA. We're still with PBA (duh), we just dumped those officers that were out for themselves, namely the West Coast Brotherhood Representing Themselves For Promotions. I'd think you guys have had enough of that with the FOP. The Florida PBA has no one working for us or you, so when they represent you, they represent your interests, not the Sheriff's or Chief's nor their hench men.

Get your facts straight before you start posting about someone elses agency.

traffic girl
04-14-2008, 03:27 AM
[quote="NOPE your in correct":rfabujsv]They still DUMPED the Charter/Chapter The PBA DUMPED the PBA That sez a lot. It is in house fighting Tampa P.D. is a 1800 man unit you just don't throw that away....

Again, you are incorrect. It wasn't the PBA dumping the PBA. It was the Tampa Officers dumping their own Tampa Officers that created the West Coast Charter under PBA's banner. Tampa PD has switched from being a Charter to being a Chapter. Again, I'll say it....there is a BIG difference between the two.

A little history (http://www.tampapba.org/about/history/) - in 1975 sworn members of the Tampa Police Department unionized with the PBA and originally established The Hillsborough County PBA Charter. With plans to expand and absorb more agencies, the name was changed in 1986 to The West Central Florida PBA Charter. Eventually the WCFPBA grew to include a number of agencies in Hillsborough, Polk and Pasco counties.

As a result, the Tampa Police Department (and some smaller agencies) were grouped into one of four Chapters under this Charter organization.

In 2008 the Tampa Police Department withdrew from the WCFPBA Charter and once again established a sole Charter under the Florida PBA as the Tampa PBA. The Tampa PBA Charter only represents members of the Tampa Police Department.

The Florida PBA's Chapter is the way to go....get away from stand-alone Charter's. Nott that there is anything wrong with the Pinellas Charter, but why not get the full backing and support of the Florida PBA as a Chapter?[/quote:rfabujsv]

Great post!! I cannot reiterate enough how important it is to join Florida PBA over Pinellas PBA; and you have summed it up quite nicely. Thanks for the support!

traffic girl

04-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Now before I change from FOP to PBA I have some questions and concerns. And by no means am I picking a fight, there were times I had my concerns about the FOP.

Will the PBA have a lodge, monthly meetings that include meals, prizes?
Will members and outside parties be able to request donations for charities, little league, etc..?
Will they proivde donations for suspensions or family emergencies?
Will PBA sponsor xmas parties for the kids, easter egg hunts?
Will PBA have charity football, softball games?
Will PBA provide instant legal guidance during a critical incident or will we have to wait 4-5 hours like a D1 deputy did in a fatal car crash? I also believe the FOP provided a free attorney for the 4-5 hours he was waiting.
*********************EDITED BY MOD 332 PER REQUEST OF traffic girl******************

The one thing I rememeber when it was between FOP and PBA was going to dinner after a meeting that had both FOP and PBA reps. At that dinner a PBA rep joined and had nothing nice to say about the PBA and made it clear he did what he did for a paycheck. That was when I decided to vote FOP.

And no union in Florida is going to tell a Sheriff what to do, so a working relationship is better.

What also concerns me is talking to past PBA members who were promised the world and got nothing after choosing them. And I believed the PBA dues are $ 32 for legal only where FOP is $ 25 for legal and $ 12 for lodge fees that support the meals. prizes, charity events and etc..

Thats my two cents I am sure some people will make crude remarks, oh well if the nasty commenters are supporting the PBA all the more reason I wont change.

04-16-2008, 05:42 AM
Maybe we should be thankful for what the FOP has done for us. ALways got to be a few disgruntled people that will ruin it for the rest of us. The only thing I wish we had with the FOP is our own lodge to hang out at, but that is being worked on.. If you guys want PBA so bad maybe you should quit here and go somewhere that has PBA.

04-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Mod

********************EDITED BY MOD 332---PM ME WITH AY QUESTIONS******************The part you deleted was dues.. the information that was up on this board was correct.. The PBA doesn't have monthly meetings so again was was it taken down. and TWO deputies that had the PBA and involved in fatal crashes did not the represented like they should.. This is fact and we can prove it.>>>Mod all we ask is to be fair

04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
all I said is that*********************EDITED PER MOD 332--PM ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS*************and it got deleted at her request. I respect her choice for change just isnt my choice.

MOD 332
04-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Hey guys and girls,

I see there is some confusion as to why I edited a line out of of the "Making the choice" post as per a request from a registered user. Basically, the intended target PM'ed me and provided me with a valid reason as to why the line should not have been posted on a public forum. I agreed with her reasoning, and deleted the specific line, nothing else. Becuse of the circumstances surrounding her explanation (privacy reasons), I cannot post the exact reasoning on a forum open to the public, but if you feel that you really must know, PM me and I will explain it. Make sure you register with an email address so that I can verify that you are a Hernando cop. That should lay the matter to rest. If you still are losing sleep over this, please feel free to contact MOD 1 or Sysop and plead your case to them.

Now, since then, it has been necessary for me to edit out a few lines of recent posts because they refer back to the above deletion. If you have any issues with these, please take the steps I have outlined in the above paragraph.

Also, there were some recent comments that violated the terms of use since they consisted of "SLAMMING". If you don't know what that word means, refer to the Terms of Use.

Let's summarize the Terms of Use together: If you post responsibly WITH A REGISTERED NAME, then your post will not be deleted by me. If you post recklessly AS AN ANONYMOUS USER, then your post is likely to be deleted.

And for those of you that think that a particular registered user is "running this board", please keep in mind that the registered user's posts were never deleted because they NEVER VIOLATED THE TERMS OF USE. They do incite debate, yes, but that's one of the reasons this board was established-- for intelligent debate. I don't necessarily agree with everything that user is posting, but none of it violates...you guessed it...the Terms of Use! I'm not playing favorites here; I'm just following the rules.

Thanks and Regards,

MOD 332

04-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Traffic Girl posted on this site that the FOP has not done much for her in the past 7 years.. ********EDITED BY MOD 332...YOUR CLAIM IS BASED ON SUBJECTIVE OPINION THAT I'M SURE THE TARGET WILL REFUTE.****************
She opened that door, and yet she never posted her name... We have the proof And according to MOD 1 as long as it is not defamation then it can be posted....

And as far as Terms and Conditions have you gone thru all the post(s)

04-18-2008, 12:35 AM
speaking of other posts below is part of the terms of use and some allegations in other posts are not proven. ********EDITED BY MOD 332*****************

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

04-30-2008, 02:29 AM
Ok, back to the topic at hand. I see there was a PBA meeting. I understand we are needing another. When and where is this being planned?

05-02-2008, 11:34 PM
This issue ran out of gas.... Thanks to traffic girl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

05-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Yes you are right,, This issue ran out of gas... Traffic Girl is applying at TAMPA P.D. Thank God..... let her go there Citrus and other agencies do want her....... Neither do we...

05-08-2008, 06:20 AM
maybe traffic girl would get a little more support from her fellow deputies to join the PBA if she didn't write family members of deputies tickets...

05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I think i will apply with her to tampa pd ...great pay and real police work...the security guard/sales person is getting old.later taters

05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
I-75 South Bound.... Seeeeee Yaaaa :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

05-14-2008, 06:51 PM
In case you guys missed that...TRAFFIC GIRL WROTE A FELLOW DEPUTIES DAUGHTER A TICKET !

05-15-2008, 06:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: after your fired for not citing a barking dog complaint.Then the next day,your in trouble for citing someone for it.thats me laughing as im southbound I-75

05-16-2008, 02:02 AM
DON'T GO AWAY MAD JUST GO AWAY..... :D :D :D :D :D :D

05-17-2008, 12:01 PM
If you do your job and don't worry about anyone else you will be fine.... But the 2%ers have to worry about what everyone else is doing... GROW UP If you don't like it here than LEAVE... And if you do and go to another agency you are the type that will be crying about something else when you get there. The grass is not always GREENER on the other side MAN or WOMEN up and SHUT -UP If you want to leave then JUST DO IT,, you will not be missed. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: