PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on "The North Zone"?

03-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Will it create more work then we need? Will it stretch our resources even thinner? Will it increase the amount of on campus drafts? Will it be a good thing for our agency? Curious what everyone thinks.

03-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Why don't you ask the people you work with? Stop trying to stir the pot and lets leave our laundry at work.

03-26-2008, 07:16 AM
I think the new zone will create more work for the two mid night shifts. Day shift not so much. I think the calls will quickly overwhelm the two units working there. It will probably increase the draft on campus because officer's will be more inclined to sign up for the 12 hour overtime in the north zone rather than the 4 hour overtime event on campus. More than likely the majority of officers signing up for the overtime will be the midnight shift that is on their RDO's. I don't see too many dayshift people signing up for it. I don't see any of the 8-5pm officers signing up for it. In my opinion the cons out weigh the pros, but I could be wrong, time will tell.

03-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Why don't you ask the people you work with? Stop trying to stir the pot and lets leave our laundry at work.

Terms and Conditions for LEO Affairs website.

Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate.

03-26-2008, 02:59 PM
From what I understand, this "North Zone" deal is about the most idiotic thing that has been implemented in a while. I see no benefit to the University or the University PD from taking on this extra workload, especially with the ongoing man power issues the UP has been faced with. It is extremely poor strategic planning in my opinion.

03-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Why don't we take on the Apartments east of 50th too? Wasn't that in the original master plan of this entire thing? Come on..? I like police work just as much as the next guy, but I signed on at USF to be a campus cop, not a deputy...with a high work load and less pay and raises, and less manpower to back you up. This entire thing is a bad idea and is not goinng to turn out good. It is just a feather in someones cap as far as I see, and its not going to be the USF patrolman on the street, who will take the brunt of this stuff.

03-27-2008, 12:30 AM
THE NORTH ZONE IS FOR PEOPLE THAT WANT TO DO REAL POLICE WORK!

03-27-2008, 02:41 AM
THE NORTH ZONE IS FOR PEOPLE THAT WANT TO DO REAL POLICE WORK!

OK SUPERSTAR, SO I GUESS YOU'RE A REAL COP.

But, lets look at reality, we will now be responsible for a greater juristiction, more calls, more danger, same shyt pay, oh I forgot we'll do it on overtime. So we will get an overtime rate that in some cases will match what a Sr. Hillsborough Deputy gets for regular pay.

The shine of doing "real police work" as you call it will soon dull with most after you get no support from HSCO (nothing against them, but they have enough problem covering their own area) and having to have units that should be Patrolling the University back you, this will prove to be the worst idea ever thought of.

Its a funny thing, everyone signed up to be a University Cop yet people ***** that we don't do real work. What the heck did you expect ????

03-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I wonder if we can send the AB clowns into the north zone?

03-27-2008, 02:01 PM
More problems than its worth.

03-27-2008, 08:05 PM
WE WILL BE THE AB CLOWNS !!!!! BUT ILL TAKE THE O.T. RATE !!!!!!!

LOL

03-28-2008, 02:43 PM
I dont see what the problem is with this idea. Most cities have an area that is higher call volume and more nasty people, and those who want to work there generally put in for it. I like the idea and plan to work this detail. Surely those who say its too much work load, not a good idea and too dangerous didnt become a University Cop to wear a badge but hide where they think its "safe". Come on bro!

03-28-2008, 05:04 PM
I dont see what the problem is with this idea. Most cities have an area that is higher call volume and more nasty people, and those who want to work there generally put in for it. I like the idea and plan to work this detail. Surely those who say its too much work load, not a good idea and too dangerous didnt become a University Cop to wear a badge but hide where they think its "safe". Come on bro!

Hey Superman, Where do you have your cape cleaned ????

03-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Taking on added responsibility doesn't make sense to me, especially when you still have Sgt's requesting units for overtime because they are short on the street.

03-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Hello my lil' clowns. I see that you will be patrolling some of the slums I rent! He he, I will be sure to irritate u wit' bs requests. It just keeps gettin' crappier for you guys, yet better fo' me. :oops: Wow, time and one half.....don't spend it all in one place :lol: :lol: I am sure my tenants will appreciate the doors you will unlock fo' dem' :lol:

Hey, in Nappa Valley the police/dep's make 3 x's more than you putz's :lol: :lol:

Put tyme and catnip in a tube sock and tuck it under the front seat of your cruiser...........acts as a :o natural deodorizer.

Have a wonderful shift