PDA

View Full Version : Airport Wildlife

03-25-2008, 06:15 PM
They really need to do something about all these rabid raccoons in the airport! I tried to feed one granola, but he just tried to bite me. Good thing I rarely get out of my car.

03-25-2008, 11:08 PM
It's a good thing you only sign out on property checks of closed businesses. God knows if they were open, there might be criminals about.

03-26-2008, 02:13 AM
That's not true, I get out on alarms. Though I wear my tactical fluorescent green raincoat.

04-02-2008, 02:30 AM
Yes, this is all true. However he will be a raider soon, so why try?
Thats V-- to you sir.

04-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Thats V-- to you sir.
I don't think we're talking about the same person... I doubt s/he wants to do anything more than master his/her "low-light 10-50s."

04-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Thats V-- to you sir.

You obviously don't know of who we speak.

04-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow, you brand-spankin-new airport guys must be some real bad-@$$e$ to be able to talk about other new officers in patrol. FLPD is soooo lucky to have you guys here, what, with all of that expert experience that you've gotten up there in the airport already and all of that gggreat training you get in the academy these days... How did we ever survive without you guys??!!! No, no, let me guess.... some idiot manager let you go out in plain clothes two days off of FTO... and then you went out and pretended that you had some kind of idea what you were doing out there... and now you got this whole thing figured out and now you can talk about other new officers... Man, my 16 years as a police officer has just been a waste of time. I should have just waited, and worked with you guys up there in the airport so I didn't have to waste all of this time on my own. Well done!

04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Wow, you brand-spankin-new airport guys must be some real bad-@$$e$ to be able to talk about other new officers in patrol. FLPD is soooo lucky to have you guys here, what, with all of that expert experience that you've gotten up there in the airport already and all of that gggreat training you get in the academy these days... How did we ever survive without you guys??!!! No, no, let me guess.... some idiot manager let you go out in plain clothes two days off of FTO... and then you went out and pretended that you had some kind of idea what you were doing out there... and now you got this whole thing figured out and now you can talk about other new officers... Man, my 16 years as a police officer has just been a waste of time. I should have just waited, and worked with you guys up there in the airport so I didn't have to waste all of this time on my own. Well done!
Another who must not know of whom we speak. And no, we're not present or former "strike-teamers."

04-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Man, my 16 years as a police officer has just been a waste of time.

You got part of it right.

Which plain clothes plan are you referring to? There are 4 going on simultaneously. If you have an issue with someone doing more than sitting around pissing and moaning all day (night) at work you have a few options: Go talk to the person you have an issue with, look back upon your 16 years of service and help out some of these "new officers" that this joke of an academy is churning out, or just keep your mouth shut. Otherwise, taking offense to anonymous comments posted on the internet just makes you look lame. Or maybe you can turn your closed sign around to open and do some work yourself and you'll have less time to surf the net.

Just because someone has a high Lima number, doesn't mean they just got out of the academy. FLPD isn't the only department in the world.

04-03-2008, 09:10 PM

I assume your talking about the midnight guys because they seem to be the only ones who fit your profile. I know both of them and its clear that you have never spoken to them. They both came from other depts and didnt go to the academy here, and have a ton of time on the street. I have never heard them duck calls with bs and they even talk about writing ntas so they can stay avail to anser calls. Why dont you try talking to them personally before you assume they are the ones posting in here. They are both stand up guys and do good work.

04-03-2008, 09:51 PM

I assume your talking about the midnight guys because they seem to be the only ones who fit your profile. I know both of them and its clear that you have never spoken to them. They both came from other depts and didnt go to the academy here, and have a ton of time on the street. I have never heard them duck calls with bs and they even talk about writing ntas so they can stay avail to anser calls. Why dont you try talking to them personally before you assume they are the ones posting in here. They are both stand up guys and do good work.

Define "TON OF TIME ON THE ROAD".

04-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Over a decade

04-03-2008, 10:05 PM

WHO CARES? They're cops. They're working. Get a life. If you have such an issue with how long they've been doing what we all do for a living, effing ask them and get over it. This whole thing is retarded. If you wanted to work up at the airport so bad, I'm sure your shift pick would have reflected it.

04-03-2008, 10:32 PM
[quote="Super Cops":2612le86]Wow, you brand-spankin-new airport guys must be some real bad-@$$e$ to be able to talk about other new officers in patrol. FLPD is soooo lucky to have you guys here, what, with all of that expert experience that you've gotten up there in the airport already and all of that gggreat training you get in the academy these days... How did we ever survive without you guys??!!! No, no, let me guess.... some idiot manager let you go out in plain clothes two days off of FTO... and then you went out and pretended that you had some kind of idea what you were doing out there... and now you got this whole thing figured out and now you can talk about other new officers... Man, my 16 years as a police officer has just been a waste of time. I should have just waited, and worked with you guys up there in the airport so I didn't have to waste all of this time on my own. Well done!

WHO CARES? They're cops. They're working. Get a life. If you have such an issue with how long they've been doing what we all do for a living, effing ask them and get over it. This whole thing is retarded. If you wanted to work up at the airport so bad, I'm sure your shift pick would have reflected it.[/quote:2612le86]

You brought it up. You said "they both have a ton of time on the road". I am not the initial poster, I was just wandering what you consider a "TON OF TIME ON THE ROAD". 2 weeks, 2 years, 5 years? To me a ton of time would be 12 to 15 years minimum. I don't know of to many guys on midnights with that kind of time.

04-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I didn't bring it up, Super Cop did. I was just saying that his comments were ill-informed. He thought they were a couple of strike team castoffs and was taking a personal shot at them. I merely stated that he was wrong, they weren't on the strike team and that they are good guys. He would already know that if he wasn't just talking blindly out of his @ss. This whole post was started about something else, but got turned, by Super Cop, into slamming a couple of good officers. Having gone on many calls and eaten many breakfasts with both of the guys in question, I can tell you that I'll back them up on any call ever and have every confidence in the world that they have my back too.

The length of time you have on a department has ZERO to do with the quality of your work. There are officers in every department in the country with your standard of 12-15 yrs that are terrible. There are also officers that have 6-12 yrs that are great cops. Your arbitrary 12 year minimum is irrelavant.

04-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I didn't bring it up, Super Cop did. I was just saying that his comments were ill-informed. He thought they were a couple of strike team castoffs and was taking a personal shot at them. I merely stated that he was wrong, they weren't on the strike team and that they are good guys. He would already know that if he wasn't just talking blindly out of his @ss. This whole post was started about something else, but got turned, by Super Cop, into slamming a couple of good officers. Having gone on many calls and eaten many breakfasts with both of the guys in question, I can tell you that I'll back them up on any call ever and have every confidence in the world that they have my back too.

The length of time you have on a department has ZERO to do with the quality of your work. There are officers in every department in the country with your standard of 12-15 yrs that are terrible. There are also officers that have 6-12 yrs that are great cops. Your arbitrary 12 year minimum is irrelavant.

You still haven't answered the question. What do you consider a "TON OF TIME ON THE ROAD". I answered what I thought. And I never said that those with more than 12 years are automatically great cops. I have met useless cops with 20 + years and some guys who got it right out of the box. But I would say it takes 5 or 6 years in patrol before you really have the experience. Just look at those that have been promoted or sent to specialty units with little or no time on. But I am sure you have mastered everything there is to master in police work so why don't you give us all some pointers. Give us some of the golden rules that you have learned from your vast experience.

04-03-2008, 11:49 PM
As a final note, I don't know who the officers are that work midnights. I am glad you have confidence in them and I hope they are as good as you say. I will say that most of the officers in this deparment are very good. This site is a cancer that breeds hostility toward each other. I was asking you a simple question to gage what you thought was a ton of time on the road. Most people who post on here are disgruntled. I always wonder why anyone would get so angry about the crap people say on here when as you say, you know the truth.

04-04-2008, 05:54 AM
I'm not sure of the dates but if your still talking about the midnight india units, one has close to 10 years and the other close to 5. And, for what its worth, both of them are very humble and would help anyone out with any problems or questions. After reading all the prior posts, I'm not really sure how this got turned onto them.

04-04-2008, 07:34 AM
I think his point was that new officers shouldn't be talking crap about other new officers. And to that point I agree. We should be focusing our gripes and grones on the people who deserve. And they're in the building over on Andrews Ave.

04-04-2008, 06:26 PM
If you spend 12 years on the road, you either lack the drive or the ability to get into a specialty unit. Sure, we need "Career Patrolmen," but it's not something you should aspire to. Furthermore, this whole thread was a way to vent & make light of some officer safety issues that could get one of us hurt or worse. Why does anyone take anything on this site seriously?

04-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Let me chime in with a famous quote by my friends the Buddy Bears.

"if you ever disagree, it means that you are wrong Oh, we are the Buddy Bears; we always get along"

Nuff Said.

04-04-2008, 08:45 PM
If you spend 12 years on the road, you either lack the drive or the ability to get into a specialty unit. Sure, we need "Career Patrolmen," but it's not something you should aspire to. Furthermore, this whole thread was a way to vent & make light of some officer safety issues that could get one of us hurt or worse. Why does anyone take anything on this site seriously?

You are so way off. I know alot of 12 year vets that are excellent cops but were passed over for specialty units because they continue to do the right thing. They don't rat on their buddies, they don't kiss butt and they stand up for what they believe in. I have seen others that were skipped because of their allegiance to the union and defending the rights of their brothers and sisters and that includes you. There are alot of stupid comments on this thread but yours is the worst. Enjoy your career in a specialty unit while the "career patrolman" do the heavy lifting.

04-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Furthermore, this whole thread was a way to vent & make light of some officer safety issues that could get one of us hurt or worse. Why does anyone take anything on this site seriously?

I looked on this whole thread and didn't find a serious discussion about officer safety, which I agree would be a good topic. Here's an idea... How about instead of trying to ***** about another officer's tactics here, how about pulling them aside and having a discussion with them. I bet you haven't done that. WE ALL could use some positive criticism every once and a while, new and old. I can GUARANTEE that many could find something wrong with the officer's tactics who started this post. I've been in law enforcement for some time and always welcome criticism, especially when it comes to tactics and safety.

04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of 12 year whining *****es. It is scary that you post on here back and forth like kids. YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

04-05-2008, 02:07 PM
12 year old (sorry I forgot the old)

04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I looked on this whole thread and didn't find a serious discussion about officer safety, which I agree would be a good topic...
That's a great idea! Instead of just publicly displaying how dysfunctional we are (like most work places), let's put our tactics in a public forum! Brilliant!

04-06-2008, 11:12 PM
I looked on this whole thread and didn't find a serious discussion about officer safety, which I agree would be a good topic...
That's a great idea! Instead of just publicly displaying how dysfunctional we are (like most work places), let's put our tactics in a public forum! Brilliant!

How about reading the whole post idiot. He said, "Instead of *****ing about the officer here, take the officer aside and discuss the possible officer safety issues." Man, you people ***** just to *****... and just FYI, although I agree they should not be discussed here, lay-people could go to one of any thousands of LEO sights on the web and learn police tactics. I'm sure this is the last place they would come to learn.

04-13-2008, 07:21 PM

You got it 16 years 4 arrests a month = bullsh*t !!!!!!!!!
4-5 years 25+ arrests a month in worse areas than D-2, thats ton of road time. D-2 doesn't make good cops anyone can go to a 22/0 and drive by like many of the new scaredy cats do, or go 10-31 on the 13 year old whos out there to lead you away from the stash, doesn't make you a good cop. HOW MANY GUNS DID YOU GET OFF THE STREET LAST YEAR ?

IF YOU THINK THATS B.S. THEN WAIT UNTIL ONE OF THE D2 FOLKS BRINGS IT TO YOUR KIDS SCHOOL DANCE FOOTBALL GAME WHATEVER IN CORAL SRPS OR WESTON. OR IF YOUR A YOUNG GUY ROBS YOUR MOM AND PISTOL WHIPS HER OF FIRES A ROUND CUZ SHE TOOK TO LONG TO HAND OVER AN NEARLY EMPTY PURSE. THATS WHY SOME OF US BECAME COPS, SO STOP BITC*ING WHEN WE SHOW UP AT THE JAIL WITH FELONY ARRESTS

04-13-2008, 09:04 PM
You got it 16 years 4 arrests a month = bullsh*t !!!!!!!!!
4-5 years 25+ arrests a month in worse areas than D-2, thats ton of road time. D-2 doesn't make good cops anyone can go to a 22/0 and drive by like many of the new scaredy cats do, or go 10-31 on the 13 year old whos out there to lead you away from the stash, doesn't make you a good cop. HOW MANY GUNS DID YOU GET OFF THE STREET LAST YEAR ?

IF YOU THINK THATS B.S. THEN WAIT UNTIL ONE OF THE D2 FOLKS BRINGS IT TO YOUR KIDS SCHOOL DANCE FOOTBALL GAME WHATEVER IN CORAL SRPS OR WESTON. OR IF YOUR A YOUNG GUY ROBS YOUR MOM AND PISTOL WHIPS HER OF FIRES A ROUND CUZ SHE TOOK TO LONG TO HAND OVER AN NEARLY EMPTY PURSE. THATS WHY SOME OF US BECAME COPS, SO STOP BITC*ING WHEN WE SHOW UP AT THE JAIL WITH FELONY ARRESTS
Kudos, Mucho Kudos. It just seems to be in style lately to be lazy. I'm as "safe" as the next guy, never 66'ing my 94, but what makes calls hold longer than self-initiated work? A 1-hour arrest (2+ if it's after 0100) maintains solidarity as much as milking a 22MI for an hour. And yeah, in many cases, the dirtbag is going to get out in two hours after BSO NTA's him. Then, he'll be free to create even more part one dots for the compstat maps and paper calls for you to milk. So what's it matter, really? Might as well try to catch some real bad guys and have some fun. There's no policy saying you can't go 10-50/10-31 when you're holding 24 calls. They'll just have to wait.

Oh, and one more thing about career patrolmen: After considering some of the great cops I've worked with, I have to partially retract my earlier statement. Being a beat cop is an admirable profession, and if that's as far as your aspirations take you, I say, "Run, do not walk," to that life. As far as those stuck in patrol who want to do other things, I can't feel sorry for those who can't refrain from speaking their minds when tact makes more career sense. I almost feel for the guys who just don't realize how political this career is.

06-07-2008, 08:35 AM
I really appreciate the airport guys/girls that DO any work out there - especially in Palm Air Village where about 20 FLPD officers (along w/other depts) live with their families. The typical airport slugs find it an inconvenience to do a S21 of a home or vehicle - even if it belongs to an FLPD member. Maybe these things wouldn't happen if you drove through those neighborhoods instead of parking at Lockhart or the Chevron all night long. If you don't want to help Joe Citizen out - how about your own brothers??? I think most have time could do a drive thru once in a while - right?