PDA

View Full Version : COMING FOR YOU NEXT LEOAffairs.com

03-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Case law almost in place to destroy this putrid website LEOAffairs.com. Just a little longer and many are going to sue LEOAffairs.com for the embarassment it has caused them, BSO and Broward County. Be careful what you write! IPS Address will be public soon!

TRENTON, N.J. - New Jersey prosecutors subpoenaed records of JuicyCampus.com, a Web site that publishes anonymous, often malicious gossip about college students.

Language on the site ranges from catty to hateful and offensive. One thread, for example, on the "most overrated Princeton student" quickly dissolves into name-calling, homophobia and anti-Semitism.

JuicyCampus may be violating the state's Consumer Fraud Act by suggesting that it doesn't allow offensive material but providing no enforcement of that rule — and no way for users to report or dispute the material, New Jersey Attorney General Anne Milgram said Tuesday.

Milgram said she believes New Jersey is the first state to investigate the site.

The investigation began last month when a student came forward who had been terrorized by posts on the Web site that included her address. Prosecutors have subpoenaed information from JuicyCampus on how it is run, citing concerns about "unconscionable commercial practices."

"There's an unbelievable amount of offensive material posted and absolutely no enforcement," said Milgram, noting insults about students' appearance, race and sexual history as "just the tip of the iceberg."

JuicyCampus referred a request for comment to its public relations firm, which said a response was forthcoming.

The attorney general has also subpoenaed the Web site's advertising agency, Adbrite, to determine how JuicyCampus represented its operation and what advertising keywords the site requested.

Milgram said Adbrite has offered full cooperation with the investigation and canceled its contract with JuicyCampus.

The site launched last fall on seven college campuses and recently expanded to 50 more, including Princeton University. Free to use and supported by advertising, JuicyCampus promises total anonymity to people who post on it. Many of the postings indicate they've been viewed thousands of times.

Students at many schools have responded with outrage and disgust at seeing peers smeared. The student government at Pepperdine University in California voted overwhelmingly to request a ban on the site, although the university has a policy against censoring Web sites.

JuicyCampus founder Matt Ivester has expressed little concern in the past about backlash from colleges.

"Like anything that is even remotely controversial, there are always people who demand censorship," he told The Associated Press last month. "However, we believe that JuicyCampus can have a really positive impact on college campuses, as a place for both entertainment and free expression."

The site seems designed to shield its users from the threat of libel claims.

03-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Go check this video link at MSNBC.com about the JuicyCampus.com. People are getting tired of this type moronic behavior. Be warned LEOAffairs.com! Your day is coming!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 4#23719834 (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23719834#23719834)

03-25-2008, 02:25 AM
News flash this is NOT the state of New Jersey.............. Hey idiot are you going to post on every thread?????????

03-25-2008, 03:31 AM
News flash this is NOT the state of New Jersey.............. Hey idiot are you going to post on every thread?????????

I agree with you. He also forgot that in that blog there is no enforcement. WE DO have a moderator that when things get to hot, he takes them out and bans the writer. PEOPLE PLEASE, DO READ.

03-25-2008, 03:38 AM

Go f___ yourself! I'm not the idiot! I don't work for BSO! You do! And you're calling me the idiot! Go beg for your raise you POS!

03-25-2008, 03:42 AM

Go f___ yourself! I'm not the idiot! I don't work for BSO! You do! And you're calling me the idiot! Go beg for your raise you POS!

first, we're so happy you don't work FOR US ! second, YOU ARE an idiot.

03-25-2008, 03:44 AM

Hey scum bag how many times have you visited are county hotel!!!!!! Is that why you hate so much.. Let met guess you are using the jail computer. Your mommy is the POS for having you on tax payers expense it's called welfare.

03-25-2008, 03:50 AM

Hey scum bag how many times have you visited are county hotel!!!!!! Is that why you hate so much.. Let met guess you are using the jail computer. Your mommy is the POS for having you on tax payers expense it's called welfare.

I got your welfare a hanging between my legs!

03-25-2008, 03:59 AM

I got your welfare a hanging between my legs!

You must be a transvestite. Got get your hormone shot.

03-25-2008, 04:07 AM

I agree with you. He also forgot that in that blog there is no enforcement. WE DO have a moderator that when things get to hot, he takes them out and bans the writer. PEOPLE PLEASE, DO READ.

I agree with you! There is no moderator or enforcement on this site! What type of owner of a site like this does not have controls in place? The guy who ownes LEOAffairs.com has done no justic to law enforcement! His creation of this site has exposed BSO to the public for it truly is! A Disgrace! Not having controls in place is the thing the article speaks about. That's the one thing that will bring this site or any others like it down! The key word in the article and video is FRAUD! If you read the article and watch the video, any website that does not have controls in place will be the first sites to go when the laws are put in place. The laws are coming and the sites will be sued for FRAD! It's New Jersey and juciycampus.com today, but, it will be Florida and LEOAffairs.com tomorrow. And, tomorrow is not soon enough!

03-25-2008, 06:04 AM

I agree with you! There is no moderator or enforcement on this site! What type of owner of a site like this does not have controls in place? The guy who ownes LEOAffairs.com has done no justic to law enforcement! His creation of this site has exposed BSO to the public for it truly is! A Disgrace! Not having controls in place is the thing the article speaks about. That's the one thing that will bring this site or any others like it down! The key word in the article and video is FRAUD! If you read the article and watch the video, any website that does not have controls in place will be the first sites to go when the laws are put in place. The laws are coming and the sites will be sued for FRAD! It's New Jersey and juciycampus.com today, but, it will be Florida and LEOAffairs.com tomorrow. And, tomorrow is not soon enough!
Yeah, like stuff posted on an anonymous internet website where ANYONE can post ANONYMOUSLY is indicative of a 6,300 + strong agency? Have you ever worked with John or Jane Q public? For the most part, the public is not very smart. Who cares. :roll: :roll: :roll:

03-25-2008, 03:35 PM
you talk about banning a website? when Joe-blow can call IA anonymously and make a false statement against a LEO, and IA will entertain it? in the meantime, the LEO goes through hell trying to defend himself, when you know half of the time the LEO is not going to sue back its accuser. Now, can we BAN IA? what's more dangerous? can IA answer that? OH, I guess that's OK !

03-25-2008, 04:17 PM
you talk about banning a website? when Joe-blow can call IA anonymously and make a false statement against a LEO, and IA will entertain it? in the meantime, the LEO goes through hell trying to defend himself, when you know half of the time the LEO is not going to sue back its accuser. Now, can we BAN IA? what's more dangerous? can IA answer that? OH, I guess that's OK !

Whats more dangerous than IA ? The director of external affairs! He is trying the old fear and intimidation approach! The statement about people being criticized on this site having money and the ability to litigate is untrue. Is that not right, Sanntuci. The alleged law suits in New Jersey cost money. Sanntuci may be from New Jersey, But can he borrow the money. I think not. Sue me Sanntuci my number is 954 325 57FU

03-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Iceman, you crack me up every time!