PDA

View Full Version : Hiring and benefits

03-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Good day!

I am moving to Tampa bay area and looking to change sheriff's offices! Are you guys hiring or are the new tax breaks beating you guys down also? How is the pay for a 15 year vet? Any experience pay?
How is morale?

03-24-2008, 04:15 AM
It SUCXS

Yes we are hiring. Yes the tax is killing us. Yes the moral is bad. Yes we are short handed . They will pay for relocation but no expierence pay.
If you smoke you need not apply. If you have tatoos you will wear long sleeve shirts with ties year round. We are one of the lowest paid in the area. You will have to go to a 2 week live in brain washing boot camp prior to being hired

Welcome Aboard

03-24-2008, 04:32 AM
Don't let this 3% scare you off. HCSO is a great place to work, I have been here over 20 years. I have been in patrol for over 15 years and love it. Like any place, it has things that could be better. We have an administration that does care and is trying to make things better. As for moral it is like any where it depends who you listen to. In the District that I work in, moral is great. Some of these folks will never be happy no matter what our Sheriff did for them.

03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
It SUCXS

Yes we are hiring. Yes the tax is killing us. Yes the moral is bad. Yes we are short handed . They will pay for relocation but no expierence pay.
If you smoke you need not apply. If you have tatoos you will wear long sleeve shirts with ties year round. We are one of the lowest paid in the area. You will have to go to a 2 week live in brain washing boot camp prior to being hired

Welcome Aboard

Ignore this guy. He would complain if he were hanged with a new rope.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t53/scoutckl628/Hanging.jpg

03-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Well I concur with both posts the morale is low but you make it out to be what you want. Unfortunately we are way understaffed and under paid, hence try tpd or ttpd before you apply to us. I do like my job and the sheriff is great but some of his administration picks make me wonder what he was thinking sometimes. If your trying to stay in frs then all means come and apply. Dont be surprised if they blow you off, we dont seem to hire many experienced deputies for some unknown reason. Might be the two week boot camp. Good luck

03-24-2008, 04:45 PM
RUN!!!! dont come here low pay Morale is at Zero, there is no hope on the horizon as the Sheriff won and will be doing NOTHING for us.

DO NOT APPLY AND DO NOT COME HERE you were warned.!

03-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I like my co workers but overall this is not a good place to come for a career. Do not apply do not bother you can do better a lot of other places. You will be consumed. This is not a place to be

Average Joe
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Like any other agency it is what you make of it. Keep out of the politics and keep out of trouble and you can have a very fun and rewarding career at HCSO. But remember the pay is not as good as agencies around and with the econonmy the way it is will not be getting any better for a while. In the mean time, get on board, get a car, do the job and just have fun.

03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
This place sucks for the line level deputy. You can do better, a lot better in other places.
The line deputies cannot be beat here a bunch of dedicated people who are good to work with. The policies and the sheriff and his staff are the worst.

Do what the other guy said RUN!!!

03-24-2008, 11:36 PM
"how is Morale"

Probably the worst in 15 years that i can remember. and Gee is the reason

03-25-2008, 01:52 AM
My zone partners are good my district co workers are great, my administration is CRAP. The leadership here stinks.

(The following said like Kanye West)

David Gee hates Deputies

HeyNow
03-25-2008, 09:23 AM
This place sucks for the line level deputy. You can do better, a lot better in other places.
The line deputies cannot be beat here a bunch of dedicated people who are good to work with. The policies and the sheriff and his staff are the worst.

Do what the other guy said RUN!!!

I suspect that the 'other guy' you refer to is you.

This is a great place to work if you ignore the doom and gloomers and come do the job that you are charged with doing.

Apply. Don't listen to the negative bullspit being strewn on this website.

We have a great agency.

HeyNow
03-25-2008, 09:34 AM
My zone partners are good my district co workers are great, my administration is CRAP. The leadership here stinks.

David Gee hates Deputies

If your leadership model is Kanye West then I expect you to have an ignorant opinion such as "David Gee hates Deputies (sic)."

My leadership role model is David Gee. Quite frankly, I don't think he has an opinion about Kanye West. But I KNOW that he cares about each and every deputy.

The leadership here expects you to be the best that you can be. In fact, they will help you do that.

If you are not comfortable with that, then you may run into problems. A majority of the people have finally been convinced that not everything has an evil plot behind it.

Good luck in whatever you want to do. The only reason I would ever tell you to run away from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is because of the negative nellies who are too afraid to see the forest for the trees.

03-25-2008, 12:55 PM

David Gee hates Deputies

If your leadership model is Kanye West then I expect you to have an ignorant opinion such as "David Gee hates Deputies (sic)."

My leadership role model is David Gee. Quite frankly, I don't think he has an opinion about Kanye West. But I KNOW that he cares about each and every deputy.

The leadership here expects you to be the best that you can be. In fact, they will help you do that.

If you are not comfortable with that, then you may run into problems. A majority of the people have finally been convinced that not everything has an evil plot behind it.

Good luck in whatever you want to do. The only reason I would ever tell you to run away from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is because of the negative nellies who are too afraid to see the forest for the trees.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh295/sleepymike1/11-1.gif (http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh295/sleepymike1/?action=view&current=11-1.gif)

03-25-2008, 01:00 PM

David Gee hates Deputies

<a .="http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh295/sleepymike1/?action=view&current=11-1.gif" target="_blank">http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh295/sleepymike1/11-1.gif</a>
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh295/sleepymike1/11-1.gif

03-25-2008, 03:16 PM
You act like its all chocolate and roses here, you must be one of those you got something for downing the union.

Try to pay your bills with a family and not work 30 hours of off duty. I'm talking the regular bills no extra ANYTHING. Then come back and tell me how great Gee is

It is simple we are underpaid and there now is no hope of catching up. You might have benefitted by selling out your buddies but most of us did not. I again like the job and I like most of the people but it is simple we do not factor in when Gee looks at what is important. He wants to further his future political career and we are the fuel.

It's a great agency, if you do not mind being paid the lowest, do not mind special favors to the people who sell out their co workers. do not mind the fact there is no hope of catching up in the next 10 years., If you do not mind working 2 jobs for basics, do not mind the administration cares NOTHING for you. If you do not mind any of those IT GREAT HERE

Hcso Deputy
03-25-2008, 05:40 PM
You forgot about needing to go to school and spend time away from your family, to have a chance at getting promoted or transfered. Oh ya you'll get a few bucks for your degree but does it equal the time you spend working on the degree (extra time away from family)

03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Again, try temple terrace or tampa police department first. They have better pay and benefits without the work load. THats not being negative mr. hey now that is stating a fact.

03-26-2008, 09:33 AM
You act like its all chocolate and roses here, you must be one of those you got something for downing the union.

Try to pay your bills with a family and not work 30 hours of off duty. I'm talking the regular bills no extra ANYTHING. Then come back and tell me how great Gee is

It is simple we are underpaid and there now is no hope of catching up. You might have benefitted by selling out your buddies but most of us did not. I again like the job and I like most of the people but it is simple we do not factor in when Gee looks at what is important. He wants to further his future political career and we are the fuel.

It's a great agency, if you do not mind being paid the lowest, do not mind special favors to the people who sell out their co workers. do not mind the fact there is no hope of catching up in the next 10 years., If you do not mind working 2 jobs for basics, do not mind the administration cares NOTHING for you. If you do not mind any of those IT GREAT HERE

1. It stands to reason that if we are pawns in 'Gee's' evil plot to further his political carreer, he would do his best to take care of us.

2. If you lived within your means, you wouldn't need to work two jobs.

3. I guess there are six hundred plus of us that are going to gain special favor for 'selling out our co-workers.'

GET REAL!

03-27-2008, 01:13 AM

1. It stands to reason that if we are pawns in 'Gee's' evil plot to further his political carreer, he would do his best to take care of us.

2. If you lived within your means, you wouldn't need to work two jobs.

3. I guess there are six hundred plus of us that are going to gain special favor for 'selling out our co-workers.'

GET REAL!

No but you did.

03-27-2008, 04:31 AM
I guess there are six hundred plus of us that are going to gain special favor for 'selling out our co-workers.'
Not all the 600+ that voted against collective bargaining campaigned on the Sheriff's behalf to have it de-certified.

Those that did have, are, and are going to be rewarded.

----

This is not a bad place to work. There are just many better places now to seek a career than when I started. It's too late for me start over but for others looking...well keep looking and compare the benefits and do what is right for you and your family.

03-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Same here I am in too deep to move on. Try somewhere else first and do the numbers to see where you will be in 10 years. I did not and regret it. I will be working another 10 years after I leave here because of it.

All this while Gee will be resting peacefully in some resort on his 3rd vacation that year. Docobo will be running to get ****tails for him.

If you are smart go somewhere else

03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Same here I am in too deep to move on. Try somewhere else first and do the numbers to see where you will be in 10 years. I did not and regret it. I will be working another 10 years after I leave here because of it.

All this while Gee will be resting peacefully in some resort on his 3rd vacation that year. Docobo will be running to get ****tails for him.

If you are smart go somewhere else

Clearly Gee and Docobo were a lot more skilled and intelligent than you since they rose to the top and you didn't. You will of course attribute it to sucking up to the brass and all of that other garbage that losers use to describe winners, but the fact is that they made it and you didn't --- and won't.

You can be jealous and discontented and post all the nasty posts you want, but it doesn't change the facts that you WILL still be working at a job that you consider drudgery at a time when the winners ARE enjoying their well-earned leisure time.

....................................http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/theyscreamlo12/jealous.jpg

03-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Clearly you are one of the ones who will or have received your pound of flesh for turning your back on your fellow deputies.

The administration has shown time and again they simply do not care about the deputies. Make Gee look good, make Gee seem like he is a prince and all is well. your problems Mr. road deputy? not our concern we must all worry how everything affects the image of the sheriff. We cannot waste time on how your job affects you it is all about US.

(and the sneaky little sellout punks who make things work)

03-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Clearly Gee and Docobo were a lot more skilled and intelligent than you since they rose to the top and you didn't. You will of course attribute it to sucking up to the brass and all of that other garbage that losers use to describe winners, but the fact is that they made it and you didn't --- and won't.

:twisted: I wonder where I would be today if my daddy had vacant office space that could be used for 3 different sheriffs campaign headquarters? :shock:

03-27-2008, 11:26 PM

:twisted: I wonder where I would be today if my daddy had vacant office space that could be used for 3 different sheriffs campaign headquarters? :shock:

We would be calling you MAJOR.

just like someone who mortgaged his house to give to the election....major

03-28-2008, 01:50 AM

We would be calling you MAJOR.

just like someone who mortgaged his house to give to the election....major

Have you ever heard this? --- "Whatever works!"

You are simply jealous that you don't have the brains, initiative, and resources to get to the top. Just continue to flounder around at the bottom, cry, whine and complain and keep reassuring yourself that the reason you are a miserable nobody is because you have kept your alleged "integrity" intact.

You are surely eaten up by the green-eyed monster of jealousy.

.................................................. ..http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z263/Marcelle28/mike.gif

By the way. I'm a slick sleeve. I'm just not jealous of those who get ahead so I don't have to make whining posts about them.

03-28-2008, 02:01 AM
No, I would hope my hard work and dedication would get me higher, not my parents "generosity" :wink: :wink: :wink:

Leo
03-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah that seems to be the new code of modern day "LEOs". Whatever works...even if it means stepping on your brothers to get ahead...even it means neglecting your family...even if it means telling a little lie...yeah whatever works!

I try my darndest have the attitude of the old school cop:
I am honest.
I will always stand by a brother that did no wrong.
I will always put God and family above my job.

I guess this means I will never live in the ivory tower but I can at least sleep peacefully in my humble abode knowing that at the end of the day I am a man that did my best.

03-28-2008, 03:36 AM
Yeah that seems to be the new code of modern day "LEOs". Whatever works...even if it means stepping on your brothers to get ahead...even it means neglecting your family...even if it means telling a little lie...yeah whatever works!

I try my darndest have the attitude of the old school cop:
I am honest.
I will always stand by a brother that did no wrong.
I will always put God and family above my job.

I guess this means I will never live in the ivory tower but I can at least sleep peacefully in my humble abode knowing that at the end of the day I am a man that did my best.

Exactly!

And taking that attitude, AND knowing how the system works but choosing not to participate, should give you a certain peace of mind that makes it unnecessary to be constantly carping, whining and complaining about those who have made a different choice and have chosen to "work the system." They will always be there and they will never change. (I realize YOU are not the one who made the whining posts.)

I know of at least one current major who I observed years ago being a suck up to Sheriff Heinrich and I said to myself that he would go far --- and he has. I never made rank and he is a major, but I have peace of mind and am content with my life. In fact I wouldn't change lives with him for a second. AND I don't whine and complain about it.

Once you choose your life course there is no benefit to you in complaining about the achievements of others who have chosen a style you consider personally demeaning or repugnant to your code of conduct.

So, wherever you are in life and on the ladder of success --- Enjoy!!!

...........................http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/livwhatever/enjoy.jpg

03-28-2008, 04:37 AM
If you lived within your means, you wouldn't need to work two jobs.

The "live in your means" is getting played out. I remember when the sign over the mirrors in the bathrooms read " This is the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office" it meant something. Because we were the best paid, best trained and best equiped in the state. We lost that pride the day Cal henderson was sworn in. I was hoping Gee was gonna bring that back, but 3 years later and nothing has changed, just blame games.

03-28-2008, 04:15 PM
If you lived within your means, you wouldn't need to work two jobs.

The "live in your means" is getting played out. I remember when the sign over the mirrors in the bathrooms read " This is the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office" it meant something. Because we were the best paid, best trained and best equiped in the state. We lost that pride the day Cal henderson was sworn in. I was hoping Gee was gonna bring that back, but 3 years later and nothing has changed, just blame games.

If your sense of pride is connected with your income rather than with your personal integrity and accomplishments you are indeed a pathetic individual.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/lowren34/loser.gif

03-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Well you would not know this (because of your alternative lifestyle) but when you have children, they grow, you can't stop it, it just happens. As they grow there needs increase. You cannot stop that either. You need to progress in your pay to accomidate these needs. If your employer fails to keep up with even inflation or the surrounding agencies, you have to work extra just to stay even.

So when you say live within your means, you truly do not know what you are speaking of.

Now go get your pound of flesh you were given for the screw job on your fellow deputies and buy another pair of chaps with no azz in them, be happy

03-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Well you would not know this (because of your alternative lifestyle) but when you have children, they grow, you can't stop it, it just happens. As they grow there needs increase. You cannot stop that either. You need to progress in your pay to accomidate these needs. If your employer fails to keep up with even inflation or the surrounding agencies, you have to work extra just to stay even.

So when you say live within your means, you truly do not know what you are speaking of.

Now go get your pound of flesh you were given for the screw job on your fellow deputies and buy another pair of chaps with no azz in them, be happy

How typical of a person who cannot articulate a cogent argument! You simply launch an ad hominem attack. You imply that the person who disagrees with you is homosexual and has no children. You assume that the person who disagrees with you has no family and growing expenses.

And, as always, you assert that the person with whom you disagree took a position that was intended to harm his fellow deputies.

There is no room in your pathetic constrained little world to allow for the FACT that other people can have opinions that conflict with yours without having some self-serving motive.

It's a shame that you are so intellectually and emotionally limited.

When I look at you ................................

.......................................http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff95/Xparanoid_girlX/dumb.jpg

03-29-2008, 01:18 AM
It's a shame that you have such a superiority complex, that you cannot see you are just another idiot.

03-29-2008, 09:48 PM
It's a shame that you have such a superiority complex, that you cannot see you are just another idiot.

Once again, no cogent discussion.

Just name calling.

Oh, by the way, your bumper sticker is here.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z207/pao-vang/dumb.gif

03-29-2008, 10:10 PM
It looks to me like you're the idiot "how sad" You must be getting something from our admin for your dirty work with the union. You come off as an arrogant idiot who is out of touch with front line deputies.

Go back to trying to win favor with the admin as you have no friends here.

03-29-2008, 11:03 PM
It looks to me like you're the idiot "how sad" You must be getting something from our admin for your dirty work with the union. You come off as an arrogant idiot who is out of touch with front line deputies.

Go back to trying to win favor with the admin as you have no friends here.

The unreasoning name calling continues.

I am a career slick sleeve who expects nothing from the administration for wanting to see the union out of our hair.

Actually, I AM the one with friends here. We outvoted the union supporters by an overwhelming majority. I am the one among friends.

I keep hoping you will see how this works. I give facts; you just call names. You lose........................

By the way, the full name is "How sad FOR YOU."

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/redhawk130/cid_00f401c6fcdc031832c093BA9F21joa.jpg

03-29-2008, 11:45 PM
SUUUUURE you are