PDA

View Full Version : OT Wallpaper

03-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Anyone know where I can get the cool overtime themed wallpaper the city used to re-model the hallway outside briefing? I figure it will only cost me about 150,000.00 to do my bathroom.

03-23-2008, 04:23 PM
If we wanted to send a message then nobody would sign up for the BS action plans, but since people jumped on the OT like flies on a turd, I don't think the city will ever take us seriously. All they have to do is dangle BS action plan OT in front of us and people will take it. Why give us a raise when they can get "more with less." So much for the raise we b!tch about, so much for the COLA. Its obvious the money is there the city is just choosing to piss it away on action plans that do not make any difference what-so-ever.

03-23-2008, 05:00 PM
If we wanted to send a message then nobody would sign up for the BS action plans, but since people jumped on the OT like flies on a turd, I don't think the city will ever take us seriously. All they have to do is dangle BS action plan OT in front of us and people will take it. Why give us a raise when they can get "more with less." So much for the raise we b!tch about, so much for the COLA. Its obvious the money is there the city is just choosing to piss it away on action plans that do not make any difference what-so-ever.

Whores have no loyalty and sell themselves for money; keep signing up and undermining the union boys!

03-23-2008, 09:31 PM

Tell that to the detectives and sergeants who are apparently the only ones eligible to work that OT because they have at least 5 out of the 7 days of the week. I'm sure there will be a marked dip in the 41 numbers next month. Great plan. Why don't we, as a union, just take the $30+ that is going to be flushed down the toilet each month and buy 30,000 lottery tickets and divide the winnings amongst the members. At least then the rest of the dept can have a glimmer of hope of ever seeing any money.

03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Signing up for overtime in no way undermines the union. Who the f*uck are you to tell a guy he can't work OT. The fact that guys are working a crap load of OT just to break even and pay their bills shows you how much they need that raise. Times are tough so if you are rolling in the dough, then good for you, but please just shut it deusch bag.

03-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Whatever genius, someone is still going to get mandated to work that crap anyways. Might as well sign up for it, and have some control over the amount of O.T you work.

The sorry a$$ city isn't going to give us a raise right. I might as well make some extra money on the side, as I plan my next move out this dump.

03-23-2008, 10:53 PM

Whatever genius, someone is still going to get mandated to work that crap anyways. Might as well sign up for it, and have some control over the amount of O.T you work.

The sorry a$$ city isn't going to give us a raise right. I might as well make some extra money on the side, as I plan my next move out this dump.

The idea is noncompliance. Don't volunteer. Do not sign up for O.T. . Do not volunteer for calls holding. Do not volunteer for HOA meetings.Do not volunteer period. Let everything be ordered. If you're ordered to work OT on an inconvienient day someone will switch with you, but by voluneering they use the "ample oportunity for overtime" as a selling point during the year and they use the money earned by overtime as a weapon showing why we don't need a raise. You are all a bunch of ball less sheep, obviously newbies, who know nothing of solidarity and will allow the City to win. Selfish Children grabbing all they can on the backs of the Union.

03-24-2008, 12:07 AM

The idea is noncompliance. Don't volunteer. Do not sign up for O.T. . Do not volunteer for calls holding. Do not volunteer for HOA meetings.Do not volunteer period. Let everything be ordered. If you're ordered to work OT on an inconvienient day someone will switch with you, but by voluneering they use the "ample oportunity for overtime" as a selling point during the year and they use the money earned by overtime as a weapon showing why we don't need a raise. You are all a bunch of ball less sheep, obviously newbies, who know nothing of solidarity and will allow the City to win. Selfish Children grabbing all they can on the backs of the Union.

Talking all that big game, but I guarantee this guy drops those 10 standby cards in the Sgt's box every pay period.

03-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey guest 3,
Can you help me out? I tried to pay my mortgage with your self-righteousness, but the bank said I need actual money. I told them I couldn’t pay because I’m not an anti-union overtime working whore, so they foreclosed on my house. Can I stay with you?

03-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Hey guest 3,
Can you help me out? I tried to pay my mortgage with your self-righteousness, but the bank said I need actual money. I told them I couldn’t pay because I’m not an anti-union overtime working whore, so they foreclosed on my house. Can I stay with you?

If you were stupid enough to base your mortgage payment on the possibility of future overtime, you're probably too stupid to be on the job. And as far as the other poster commenting on standby, if you're ordered to do it (as by subpeona) then go ahead and do it. I can't believe how dense some of you are. Non-Compliance. Don't volunteer. If you're ordered, then fine do it. But don't cooperate with the b@st@rds.

03-24-2008, 01:12 AM
so thats a no?

03-24-2008, 04:45 AM
so thats a no?

What did you do before the Action plan OT dance at Johnny's?

03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Guest3,

Did I miss a meeting? Was there a memo I didn't see? I believe solidarity means moving as a cohesive unit, working as one. We all have to be on the same page, and I don't recall the E-board saying anything about foot-dragging on the spiteful scale of which you speak. Maybe I did miss it, but I've been to all but one meeting in the last 2 years, and haven't heard of it. Until I hear it from the union, I'll keep doing what I can to pad my deferred comp. (Since it's painfully obvious a cola won't happen until the commission, city mgrs, and mayor have all been replaced. I'm not holding my breath.)

03-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Can patrol officers start working overtime in the detective division? The detectives seem to scarf up all of the patrol overtime before we can sign up. I just hope they remember how much they wanted to work patrol next time they get ordered in for a special event and then complain that it should be patrol staffing it.

03-25-2008, 12:50 AM
so thats a no?

What did you do before the Action plan OT dance at Johnny's?

Hey.... I do details there on Fridays, they tip well.

03-25-2008, 03:13 AM
So...Sgts shouldn't be allowed to work OT now?? Where are all the Sgts signing up?? Gimmie a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Signing up for overtime in no way undermines the union. Who the f*uck are you to tell a guy he can't work OT. The fact that guys are working a crap load of OT just to break even and pay their bills shows you how much they need that raise. Times are tough so if you are rolling in the dough, then good for you, but please just shut it deusch bag.

Ecellent pay list in the Sh*t-Sentinel today. That O.T. really helped our cause. Kiss this contract goodbye.

04-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Sh*t man I got 8 beagles and 1 coonhound to feed. I need all the OT I can get! :shock: