PDA

View Full Version : COLA

03-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Is there any word on if we will get a COLA this year?

03-23-2008, 01:43 PM
No, but I can pretty much guarantee you that there will not be one. There are plans in the works to possiblly fund a compression pay package that would come from increasing fees for certain services that FDLE provides but that is it. It is much like FHP's plan that they snuck past the PBA and has received support from the legislature thus far. Stay tuned.

03-24-2008, 01:11 AM
If we get anything I'd be surprised. What is it with the powers that be? They don’t care about anyone this state except for themselves. If things are so bad, why doesn’t the House and the Senate vote for a pay cut for themselves, and use that money for the true employees that run this state!!!

03-31-2008, 01:14 PM
If we get anything I'd be surprised. What is it with the powers that be? They don’t care about anyone this state except for themselves. If things are so bad, why doesn’t the House and the Senate vote for a pay cut for themselves, and use that money for the true employees that run this state!!!

Are you on drugs?

04-12-2008, 02:59 AM
No, but I can pretty much guarantee you that there will not be one. There are plans in the works to possiblly fund a compression pay package that would come from increasing fees for certain services that FDLE provides but that is it. It is much like FHP's plan that they snuck past the PBA and has received support from the legislature thus far. Stay tuned.

No its not the funding from that StateLEO/Corrections thing has only 500,000 a year coming in that comes out to about $ 50 per officer. The FHP one truly has the money to give raises of 10,000 etc.

now-now
04-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Is there a legal reason that $25 or $50 dollars could be added to Inmates who are being released on probation which must be paid before being released from probation?

In fact the fee could be adjusted related to the type of charge, or how many charges the inmate was convicted for. Someone convicted of Grand Theft over $100,000 would be fined $5,000 or $10,000, all of which would go to pay for cost outlay for all state LEO (except FHP since they have their own) and Assistant State Attorneys to reduce pay compression and increase pay in order for FDLE to recruit real investigators. If they didn't score out prison this fee, or investigative service charge would still be added NO EXCEPTIONS.

If the SAO had an incentive not to dropped charges, which this would give, maybe when you arrested someone for RICO, Money Laundering, Security Fraud, and so on they might keep some of the charges instead of dropping everything but theft.

If this could be set up like a rainy day fund, where it continues to grow when there's some $ left over from the previous year we might be able to compete with the Feds one day.

04-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Is there a legal reason that $25 or $50 dollars could be added to Inmates who are being released on probation which must be paid before being released from probation?

In fact the fee could be adjusted related to the type of charge, or how many charges the inmate was convicted for. Someone convicted of Grand Theft over $100,000 would be fined $5,000 or $10,000, all of which would go to pay for cost outlay for all state LEO (except FHP since they have their own) and Assistant State Attorneys to reduce pay compression and increase pay in order for FDLE to recruit real investigators. If they didn't score out prison this fee, or investigative service charge would still be added NO EXCEPTIONS.

If the SAO had an incentive not to dropped charges, which this would give, maybe when you arrested someone for RICO, Money Laundering, Security Fraud, and so on they might keep some of the charges instead of dropping everything but theft.

If this could be set up like a rainy day fund, where it continues to grow when there's some $ left over from the previous year we might be able to compete with the Feds one day.

The problem is 90% of these probationers cant even pay their restitution and basic court costs. That fund taking in 500,000 now would be taking in over 3 million if they all paid everything. The only way is something added on to basic fees that are usually paid like some type of citations like the FHP bill has with the drivers license reinstatement fees.

now-now
04-13-2008, 10:33 PM
My understanding is that the Governor refused to talk to the Commissioner about increasing fees for stuff like Criminal History checks. Our great Governor didn't want to because it might be considered a TAX. What a bunch of crap!

I wonder what is going to take FDLE, Insurance, DOT, FWC, DOC, and so on and so on to just not show up for work?

04-13-2008, 11:53 PM
someone should institute with FDLE that any arrest made restitution is ordered back to FDLE.... there has to be innovative ways to increase our share some how ! What about the money from money laundering task forces... forfeitures... etc... its a business guys and gals..lets come up with some ideas we could use for FDLE

04-14-2008, 12:01 AM
My understanding is that the Governor refused to talk to the Commissioner about increasing fees for stuff like Criminal History checks. Our great Governor didn't want to because it might be considered a TAX. What a bunch of crap!

I wonder what is going to take FDLE, Insurance, DOT, FWC, DOC, and so on and so on to just not show up for work?

Sounds like the only thing they will except is a surcharge on something for a violation and that only fits FHP well as their funding bill comes from a very large pool compared to their numbers.