PDA

View Full Version : question

03-22-2008, 08:42 PM
I want to apply for this department... what are the chances of getting in? Also how does your polygraph system work... I hear at BSO you can tell the truth and still fail because they are very selective? Is it the same here?

03-22-2008, 11:29 PM
First off, don’t compare BSO with us. BSO hiring practices are out of whack. They hire fat burger king rejects and DQ certified officers with experience. FLPD polygraph is just like any other, so don’t go in that room with a chip on your shoulder cause you won’t pass. If I was you, I would be more concerned about passing the oral board interview, which is where most candidates wash out. If you are as sharp as a bowling ball, your chances of being hired are low. If you have nothing to hide, have average intelligence and can remain calm for more than 15 minutes, then you should have no problems…..Good luck

03-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the reply... yeah I applied with this department a year ago and scored an overall 78... I now just resubmitted my application and trying again... I know why I didn't do so well on the oral board but I think that will change this time around...

03-24-2008, 03:50 AM
That sounds good to me, I’m glad you’re not a quitter. I’m sure that you have worked out your kinks this time and you will improve your score.