PDA

View Full Version : BSlawsuit

03-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Let's see, that's two confirmed law suits and one in staging! When is CIty Hall side going to put a stop to this madness? How much are these going to cost the taxpayers? AHH, business as usual at BPD I guess.

03-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Let's see, that's two confirmed law suits and one in staging! When is CIty Hall side going to put a stop to this madness? How much are these going to cost the taxpayers? AHH, business as usual at BPD I guess. The Sheriff's Office already has a plan for the day BPD goes under and they have to take over. It would probably be cheaper to just contract MSO and not have to deal with all the lawsuits etc etc

03-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Metro Manatee

03-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Metro Manateeumm no, bradentons not that big. The SO would simply expand it's current zones into the city and begin patroling the areas they already drive through all the time. Dont think your job would be secure if BPD went under, MSO would have no problem taking over with its current manpower :idea:

03-26-2008, 12:15 PM
That was funny the City police responded to over 90,000 call for service last year. To say that MSO could absorb that without an increase in manpower is the ranting of an uneducated individual. Not to mention that Bradenton Police has lowered the UCR crimes in the city for the past five years running. Since we are doing a better job with better outcomes we should take over as Bradenton Metro with Chief Razz leading the way.

03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
That was funny the City police responded to over 90,000 call for service last year. To say that MSO could absorb that without an increase in manpower is the ranting of an uneducated individual. Not to mention that Bradenton Police has lowered the UCR crimes in the city for the past five years running. Since we are doing a better job with better outcomes we should take over as Bradenton Metro with Chief Razz leading the way.

The UCR code drops were due to stat padding. Anyone can manipulate the data to make things look better.

03-26-2008, 11:59 PM
We don't pad. We go by what the UCR guidelines say.

03-27-2008, 01:01 AM
We don't pad. We go by what the UCR guidelines say.

LMAO!!!!!!! THAT is the funniest thing I have read all day!!!!! I suppose a Burglary can be changed to "Theft from a vehicle" by guidelines?? LMAO :devil:

03-27-2008, 02:41 AM
That was funny the City police responded to over 90,000 call for service last year. To say that MSO could absorb that without an increase in manpower is the ranting of an uneducated individual. Not to mention that Bradenton Police has lowered the UCR crimes in the city for the past five years running. Since we are doing a better job with better outcomes we should take over as Bradenton Metro with Chief Razz leading the way. At any given time there are between 5 and 15 Bradenton Police officers patroling the streets (an average of 6). MSO is already patroling east, west, north, south and right in the middle of the city. If you don't believe me then you've never looked at a map of Bradenton. Its silly to think an agency of over 700 could not fill in the gaps that 6 Officers patrol.... Crime is down... I'll save that post for later :wink:

03-27-2008, 02:51 AM
That was funny the City police responded to over 90,000 call for service last year. To say that MSO could absorb that without an increase in manpower is the ranting of an uneducated individual. Not to mention that Bradenton Police has lowered the UCR crimes in the city for the past five years running. Since we are doing a better job with better outcomes we should take over as Bradenton Metro with Chief Razz leading the way. You can say that at the indictment after FDLE and the FBI conduct their audits :lol: You'll have plenty of time to work on your education at the prison libary

03-27-2008, 05:55 AM
"We don't pad. We go by what the UCR guidelines say."
- says the supervisor as he rejects a report so it can be relabeled to a lesser crime

03-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Been done since day 1. Ask to see how many vehicle burglaries there are in the city. Amazing! How do they have all this other crime but have no (or very close to it) vehicle burglary crime? It must be good patroling techniques that they are keeping secret. Please pass the info to other departments as their vehicle "burglary" reports are up everywhere in the state.

03-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Been done since day 1. Ask to see how many vehicle burglaries there are in the city. Amazing! How do they have all this other crime but have no (or very close to it) vehicle burglary crime? It must be good patroling techniques that they are keeping secret. Please pass the info to other departments as their vehicle "burglary" reports are up everywhere in the state.

I reported....I mean this was reported to FDLE years ago and it was said to be "Investigated". Maybe we can bring back to light this and other "lies" that are going on with the BPD stat system as well as many other things.

03-27-2008, 10:11 PM
This is directly from the FDLE Guideline. Go to page 16 for the start of the burglary section. If you don't believe me, here's the link:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/datahi ... manual.pdf (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/datahistory_ucrmanual.pdf)

It's a PDF file so you can print it out and show that FDLE agent you called, jacka$$.

(Pg 16)
BURGLARY
The unlawful entry into a building or other structure with the intent to commit a felony or theft.
General Rule
Report as one offense any unlawful entry or attempted forcible entry to any dwelling, house, attached
structure, public building, shop, office, factory, storehouse, apartment, house trailer, warehouse, mill, barn,
other building, ship or railroad car. For UCR purposes, if there is apparent unlawful entry and the offender
has not completed an act or the actions or intent of the offender are unknown, it should be reported as a
Burglary. As a general rule, any time there is an uncertainty as to why entry was made to a structure, it
should be reported as a Burglary for UCR purposes. A structure for UCR purposes is defined as a
permanently affixed building, which has four walls and a roof and is capable of being closed. The
unlawful entry of a tent, camping trailer, mobile home on a sales lot, etc., should be classified as a Larceny.
This would also apply with a house under construction that is not capable of being closed.

(Pg 19)
Special Instructions
For UCR purposes, breaking into a vehicle is not scored as a Burglary to a structure (breaking and
entering). Code such an offense as Larceny.
Florida law states that breaking into a telephone booth coin box and certain other coin operated devices are
burglary (breaking and entering). For UCR purposes, this is classified as Larceny.
Each office, apartment, condominium, warehouse, etc. that is capable of being enclosed separately and is
rented, owned or leased by separate individuals will be considered an individual premise. A separate
Burglary should be counted for each premise.
Burglaries of hotels/motels and other places where temporary lodging is the main purpose, should be
counted according to the “hotel/motel rule”. This rule dictates that if multiple dwelling units are
burglarized, the Burglary should be scored as one offense, regardless of the number of individual
rentals burglarized or victims involved. (If the individual living areas are rented for a period of time,
which would preclude a temporary lodging status, the burglaries should be counted by the number of
premises entered. Examples of the latter would include apartments, offices in a business building, etc.).

(Pg 20)
Theft from Motor Vehicles (except Motor Vehicle Parts/Accessories).
The theft of articles from a motor vehicle regardless of whether the vehicle is locked or unlocked.
Note: Do not include thefts of items that are automobile parts/accessories in this category.
Florida statute may interpret thefts from motor vehicles as burglaries. For Uniform Crime
Reports, these thefts should be classified as larcenies.

(pg 22)
Note: An exception to the hierarchy is when a Larceny occurs in conjunction with a Motor Vehicle Theft
offense. These will be classified as Motor Vehicle Theft. The exception to this rule would apply when
the larceny is of such a magnitude that it is clearly evident that the Larceny was the main purpose of the
offense and that the Motor Vehicle Theft was an afterthought. Example: (Brinks truck full of money).

03-27-2008, 11:00 PM
90,000 calls for service?!?!? I hope that is not determined by the Event numbers being in the 90,000's because last time I checked a close patrol was not a call for service. Or a traffic stop or any other B/S call Officers show themselves on not to get hassled by a sup. Theres no way BPD RESPONDED to 90,000 CALLS from citizens. That would be almost two calls by every resident in the city last year

03-27-2008, 11:07 PM
The Sheriff's Office currently patrols over 750 sq miles of Manatee County. I think it can handle the extra 12 -15 sq miles that BPD covers.

03-27-2008, 11:24 PM
The only reason BPD is still here is so the little guys and gals on city council can play puppet master and tell their gang banger neighbors to turn the f@#kin music down. If the SO took over and councilman so and so was unhappy with the response, the Sheriff could tell him/her to go s@#K it (which by the way, is what they really need to hear).But as long as BPD is still around they can just email the cheif or treat him like a child in the next city coucil meeting.........And on that note, Chief R, what has your career come too when you have to sit there and take it from a little retired firecaptin in bradentucky??? You deserve better then that for your retirement and I hope you speak your mind when you finially give up on this place and move on! :evil:

03-28-2008, 02:52 AM
"Intheknow" is correct on The UCR Manual.

In Fact, Larceny and Burglary are both UCR Crimes so changing a Burglary to a Larceny does not change the number of UCR Crimes reported.

The UCR Crimes are down because crime is down.

Good Job BPD. You are a credit to Law Enforcement. The Citizens of Bradenton are fortunate to have officers who care.

03-28-2008, 04:55 AM
"Intheknow" is correct on The UCR Manual.

In Fact, Larceny and Burglary are both UCR Crimes so changing a Burglary to a Larceny does not change the number of UCR Crimes reported.

The UCR Crimes are down because crime is down.

Good Job BPD. You are a credit to Law Enforcement. The Citizens of Bradenton are fortunate to have officers who care.

WRONG! The UCR stats are broken down in to felony and misd. So changing them from a Burglary to a theft is a huge difference.

03-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Why is it that Bradenton is the only department that has this much trouble? Yes other depts have problems but those are departments with several hundred officers, not a small town rinky dink dept. What is the percentage of officers disiplined vs. un-disiplined?

03-28-2008, 05:54 PM
A$$es like the Herald Tribune is the only difference who hate law enforcement-- all corporations PD's and private have the same type personnel issues only difference is not EVERY ONE of theirs is not reported in the paper.

Go check Sarasota they have the same amount but get different press coverage.

03-28-2008, 07:58 PM
A$$es like the Herald Tribune is the only difference who hate law enforcement-- all corporations PD's and private have the same type personnel issues only difference is not EVERY ONE of theirs is not reported in the paper.

ANSWER: BPD hires the bottom of the barrel Officers as a rule. Then they always wonder why these people go bad and make them look bad! Just like the private sector. You get what you pay for.

03-29-2008, 12:18 AM

ANSWER: BPD hires the bottom of the barrel Officers as a rule. Then they always wonder why these people go bad and make them look bad! Just like the private sector. You get what you pay for. 100% correct

03-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Why is it that Bradenton is the only department that has this much trouble? Yes other depts have problems but those are departments with several hundred officers, not a small town rinky dink dept. What is the percentage of officers disiplined vs. un-disiplined? about 99 to 1

03-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Only after a potential applicant has been rejected by at least 5 local agencys may he/she move into the BPD hiring selection phase. Then the potential officer must sucessfully fail a polygraph (1), be found not fit for LE by Super (2), admit to recent felony use of narcotics(3), admit to stealing as an adult(4), get caught lying on the application(5) then arrive late to the interview (6). If an applicant has been found to be arrested by the agency, they are placed at the top of the selection list. Applicants whom are arrested during the aplication phase are awarded 20 bounus points. Only then after completing this rigrous process may an applicant earn the title of Bradenton Police Officer.

03-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Only after a potential applicant has been rejected by at least 5 local agencys may he/she move into the BPD hiring selection phase. Then the potential officer must sucessfully fail a polygraph (1), be found not fit for LE by Super (2), admit to recent felony use of narcotics(3), admit to stealing as an adult(4), get caught lying on the application(5) then arrive late to the interview (6). If an applicant has been found to be arrested by the agency, they are placed at the top of the selection list. Applicants whom are arrested during the aplication phase are awarded 20 bounus points. Only then after completing this rigrous process may an applicant earn the title of Bradenton Police Officer.

THAT IS FUNNY AND AWESOME!!!!! :devil: :evil: :devil:

03-29-2008, 03:29 PM
BS

03-31-2008, 02:17 AM
The SO's service sucks, the last thing any city wants is poor service from their police, hell ever try and call the SO to find out who is working your case? good luck. The SO can't even provide the level of service Lakewood Ranch wants. Lakewood Ranch would give anything to have their own PD, and in time they will. :wink:

03-31-2008, 06:17 AM
The SO's service sucks, the last thing any city wants is poor service from their police, hell ever try and call the SO to find out who is working your case? good luck. The SO can't even provide the level of service Lakewood Ranch wants. Lakewood Ranch would give anything to have their own PD, and in time they will. :wink: Your not up north your in Florida now, county sheriffs have deputys not county police... LWR, get over yourseves! now go get your own form and stay off ours

04-01-2008, 06:32 AM
The SO's service sucks, the last thing any city wants is poor service from their police, hell ever try and call the SO to find out who is working your case? good luck. The SO can't even provide the level of service Lakewood Ranch wants. Lakewood Ranch would give anything to have their own PD, and in time they will. :wink: Thats what COB residents say about BPD. Never fast enough, never nice enough, never good enough! No matter how good you do it will never be "good enough" for someone, somewhere

04-03-2008, 11:10 AM
BPD reports UCR correctly.....vehicle burglaries per FDLE are listed as larcenies...ask to look at the UCR manual. UCR is completely different than Fl. statues.

04-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I think the real question lies in the case closer rate

04-03-2008, 11:05 PM
BPD reports UCR correctly.....vehicle burglaries per FDLE are listed as larcenies...ask to look at the UCR manual. UCR is completely different than Fl. statues.

"Guestintheknow" is aparently another Born and Bred Bradenton Idiot? If there is a BURGLARY from a vehicle it should be listed as just that, a burglary! If it is a Larceny it should be shown also as such on the UCR'S. By changing a Felony Burglary to a Misdemeanor Larceny changes the way the truth of these stats are being reported! Thats a FACT!

04-04-2008, 12:18 AM
"Guestintheknow" is absolutely correct. Read the UCR manual or shut up.
You are obviously IGNORANT since you keep spouting "BU**$h*t".

I have read it and it details how to list many different crimes that's why there are so many UCR Crime Codes. Burglary is under the 0500 Codes. Theft is under the 0600 Codes.

The manual states that for UCR Purposes, a Burglary from a vehicle is listed as theft.

So keep your Dumb*$$, Ignorant comments to yourself.

Your records division must not trust you enough to code them yourself.

04-04-2008, 01:18 AM
"Guestintheknow" is absolutely correct. Read the UCR manual or shut up.
You are obviously IGNORANT since you keep spouting "BU**$h*t".

I have read it and it details how to list many different crimes that's why there are so many UCR Crime Codes. Burglary is under the 0500 Codes. Theft is under the 0600 Codes.

The manual states that for UCR Purposes, a Burglary from a vehicle is listed as theft.

So keep your Dumb*$$, Ignorant comments to yourself.

Your records division must not trust you enough to code them yourself.

WRONG!

04-04-2008, 02:03 AM

"Guestintheknow" is aparently another Born and Bred Bradenton Idiot? If there is a BURGLARY from a vehicle it should be listed as just that, a burglary! If it is a Larceny it should be shown also as such on the UCR'S. By changing a Felony Burglary to a Misdemeanor Larceny changes the way the truth of these stats are being reported! Thats a FACT!

I posted the link to the FDLE UCR Manual on the first page and cut and pasted the portion that this post is about. Read it then have a happy life. FSS's are different than the UCR guideline. If you have an issue with it, talk to FDLE, not BPD. We go by their rules and so do all the other agencies.

04-04-2008, 02:08 AM

I posted the link to the FDLE UCR Manual on the first page and cut and pasted the portion that this post is about. Read it then have a happy life. FSS's are different than the UCR guideline. If you have an issue with it, talk to FDLE, not BPD. We go by their rules and so do all the other agencies.[/quote ] Ok sure but what about the closed cases rate???? Open up that can of worms

04-04-2008, 03:02 AM
Ok sure but what about the closed cases rate???? Open up that can of worms

Again, by FDLE standards. We've got the sheet from them on what classified closes cases, inactive, etc...

04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
It is only a larceny, if there is no arrest, it is only considered a burglary if the suspect is wrong. Yes I was born in Bradenton but I am not a idiot.

It is an FDLE rule not BPD's rule. If you think I am wrong then go to your records dept or the person who does ucr and ask to look at the manual.

Until then SHUT UP, I would bet my years salary that I am correct.

04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
It is only a larceny, if there is no arrest, it is only considered a burglary if the suspect is wrong. Yes I was born in Bradenton but I am not a idiot.

It is an FDLE rule not BPD's rule. If you think I am wrong then go to your records dept or the person who does ucr and ask to look at the manual.

Until then SHUT UP, I would bet my years salary that I am correct.

You would bet that ENTIRE 18K on this...???? LMAO WOW