PDA

View Full Version : whine whine whine

03-22-2008, 02:02 AM
the lowest paid school board police officer made 90000 plus last year. you have a captive amount of over time details that no one else can get if it is in your school. stop your whining and worry about our kids, you work a teachers schedule, and we all know what a bunch of junk that schedule is!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

03-22-2008, 03:52 AM
I can only hope this statement from Guest In Green is a joke

03-22-2008, 04:10 AM
GUEST IN GREEN GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, $96,742.69 WAS THE LOWEST PAID OFFICER LAST YEAR. THAT'S WITHOUT THE $1.00 A DAY TO DO UNIFORMS. YOU WANT AN APP.

03-22-2008, 04:37 PM
the lowest paid school board police officer made 90000 plus last year. you have a captive amount of over time details that no one else can get if it is in your school. stop your whining and worry about our kids, you work a teachers schedule, and we all know what a bunch of junk that schedule is!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Guest in Green, please get in your green and white and just drive, just drive far far away. Your input is not needed here and you have no idea what you are talking about. Stick to what you know, midnights, and eating dinner from the local seven 11! Enjoy your spring break! Oh nevermind you will be working.......

03-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Let me start by saying I don't for one minute think the original post was a Deputy. I personnally believe it is from someone in your agency that is trying to create a rift between PBSO and your agency. As deputies we all know the difficult job you guys have and we all know you are undercompensated for it. I have heard the rumors about a merger. Rest assured that if there is you guys will be welcome with open arms. It worked in Royal Palm (where I am from) and let me tell you it was the best thing that ever happened. As for spring break I have 8 days straight off. Four days regular and four days of what is called holiday comp that the Sheriff gives. In the end if you do merge I assure you it will be a good thing this sheriff takes care of you. If you want to stay in the schools, he leaves you there. Good luck and whatever happens know that your brothers at PBSO got your back.

03-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the info road toad ;), I am a firm believer that a merger would benefit EVERYONE! I know the level of servcie would be great too. The Sheriff over there is 10-8 and would make it a point to give the schools what they need. Its a liability!!!! He would not want an incident to occur and have egg on his face. If something happens today in a school we dont have the manpower, equipment or capability to handle the situation effectively. Look around, you can't say we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have nothing but our side arm and a radio that doubles as a paper weight! Thank goodness we atleast have mutual aide, because we will need it.

03-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Let me start by saying I don't for one minute think the original post was a Deputy. I personnally believe it is from someone in your agency that is trying to create a rift between PBSO and your agency. As deputies we all know the difficult job you guys have and we all know you are undercompensated for it. I have heard the rumors about a merger. Rest assured that if there is you guys will be welcome with open arms. It worked in Royal Palm (where I am from) and let me tell you it was the best thing that ever happened. As for spring break I have 8 days straight off. Four days regular and four days of what is called holiday comp that the Sheriff gives. In the end if you do merge I assure you it will be a good thing this sheriff takes care of you. If you want to stay in the schools, he leaves you there. Good luck and whatever happens know that your brothers at PBSO got your back.

I don't mean to be rude. but I hardly believe 97,000 dollars as the lowest paid officer is "undercompensation" for the work of School District Police officers. Don't get me wrong, I know many great School Police Officers but how can you consider $100,000 per year undercompensation?

03-26-2008, 12:31 PM
97000.00!!!! I WISH I HAVE BEEN A SPO FOR SIX YEARS AND I BARELY CLEARED 48,000. TRUST ME IF 97000 WAS THE LOWEST PAID OFFICER HERE, THERE WOULD BE NO ARQUEMENT. PLEASE DON'T TRY TO DISCREDIT US. WE ARE IN A FIGHT AND WONT GIVE UP.

04-15-2008, 05:57 PM
I worked in another state as a police officer. As Officers in uniform i never had to work with other departments that are so against one another. I dont believe name calling or putting one another down solves the problem. As a department we are fighting for what is right. This has nothing to do with any other deparments and I dont believe we are putting down other deparmtnets like we have been talked about. I worked my butt of last year just to make 60,000. that was working every weekend and 13hr days. so if we do make about 60-70 its because we work for it. Understand one thing this not an easy job there are so problems with these kids. it's hard work everyday and we go beyound the uniform.

04-16-2008, 03:42 AM
I don't give two shakes of a rat's ass how much money someone made last year, how many details they have, or if they get to spend the summer in Jamaica. If an Officer or group of Officers from another agency wants to jump on board, BIG DEAL. I personally wish every Law Enforcement Officer gets everything he/she can lay their hands on. This job has enough built-in stressors, the last thing we need is brothers biting at brothers.

I've been on the job far too long and have no tolerance for childish behavior. I am confident with my job, agency and abilities; so I'm not threatened or intimidated by any agency who desires to join PBSO. I wish the best for the School Resource Officers and if they want to come aboard, then so be it.

MOD 472
04-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Best of luck to you all. We'd love to have you join us!