PDA

View Full Version : OFFICER RATING SYSTEM

03-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Check this out!!! www.ratemycop.com (http://www.ratemycop.com)

03-21-2008, 10:49 PM
GREAT, THEY HAVE EVERY OFFICER FROM TPD LISTED. I'M SURE THE PIO OFFICE GOT THAT TO THEM VERY QUICKLY.

03-21-2008, 11:41 PM
It must of been the PIO Office. I guess they have access to all of the other agencies on the site and released their officers names too? Wow, they are really evil. I can't believe they have access to every other agency's info. They have way too much power to have all of that information at their disposal. Evil B!t(hes :twisted: :evil:

03-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Why in the hell would the department release our ENTIRE name including middle initial? Do you realize that with info they can find out your date of birth and a bunch of other crap????

03-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Not for nothing, but before you bash the PIO office look around the site. This was on the FAQ page,

Q: Where did you get this information?

A: The lists of officers were provided by the agencies themselves after a Public Records request was made by RATEMYCOP.com.

If the Public Records request was made, it went through Legal and not PIO. And if they asked for officer's first name, middle initial and last name that's what gets provided under Florida Statute 119, aka the Sunshine Law.

X

03-22-2008, 01:34 AM
Not for nothing, but before you bash the PIO office look around the site. This was on the FAQ page,

A: The lists of officers were provided by the agencies themselves after a Public Records request was made by RATEMYCOP.com.

If the Public Records request was made, it went through Legal and not PIO. And if they asked for officer's first name, middle initial and last name that's what gets provided under Florida Statute 119, aka the Sunshine Law.

X

Under the exemption section:

Any information revealing undercover personnel of any criminal justice agency is exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution.

I see a TON of names of undercover officers on there.
Couldn't our department have said any officer could be working undercover at any time and at LEAST refused to give full first name?

03-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Not being an expert on 119 I don't know. But my response was for folks not to direct such energy at the PIO Office. The names of all officers are a public record and could have been obtained from FDLE out of Tallahassee through CJSTC; they hold your LE certificate; or any number of other public record sources. Welcome to the digital age; the age of the public right to know...

03-22-2008, 01:35 PM

X

They gave them my full middle name, not just my initial.

03-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Our public records law is way too liberal. The problem isn't with the PIO Office, it's with the law. Something needs to be done to change the law.

03-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Luckily for everyone except one of us has not been rated yet.