PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff lays off employees already

03-21-2008, 12:23 AM
What do you guys think about the sheriff laying off the few people he did with just a 3 day notice? I hear it was around 6 people and that they were student assistants. But you know what? Some of them have bills to pay and families to support also. What a moron. McNesby is looking better every day :?

03-21-2008, 02:27 AM
He should start looking at his fat staff salaries. Some of them actually do more harm then good. Look at our technology and look at what we spend for the people that attempt to manage it for us. What a waste and they have also wasted money on equipment they can't make work. Cut them.

03-21-2008, 02:55 AM
He cant cut those at the top. Those are his cheer leaders that are there to keep the rest of us peons in line and scared to death that the ax will fall on us next.

03-21-2008, 03:07 AM
He can't cut the admin pukes but we and the voters can. I'm supporting Larry November but my Republican vote will go to Morgan in August. We've got to make sure he is out of there so he can't do any more damage.

03-22-2008, 01:17 AM
He can't cut the admin pukes but we and the voters can. I'm supporting Larry November but my Republican vote will go to Morgan in August. We've got to make sure he is out of there so he can't do any more damage.

Even if he looses in the primary, he will still be the Sheriff until January and will be able to do plenty of damage, like make a bunch of undeserved promotions and allocate much of the new budget. Whoever wins the general election will have a huge mess to clean up.

03-23-2008, 12:05 AM

Even if he looses in the primary, he will still be the Sheriff until January and will be able to do plenty of damage, like make a bunch of undeserved promotions and allocate much of the new budget. Whoever wins the general election will have a huge mess to clean up.

A good Sheriff with a good staff can fix it quickly and put the agency back in good financial shape. If he makes unwarranted promotions after the election they can easily be rolled back. If he signs any contracts they can easily be voided if they span the term of two different sheriffs. If he does something malicious, well, that won't be very good. The new Sheriff could file a complaint with the SAO, and the old Sheriff could end up in front of another grand jury, this time as a private citizen with no friends.

A vengeful new Sheriff could sift through the previous 8 years with a good financial and ethics investigator and that could make quite a few McNuggets uncomfortable should they have anything to hide.

When McNesby loses the election, his best bet is to leave nice and quietly.

MOD 353
03-23-2008, 04:50 AM
Off topic comments deleted

03-24-2008, 10:19 PM
MOD 353 must be on Sheriff's staff.

The comment about equipment falls into the "fat staff salaries" topic

03-25-2008, 01:20 AM
> The Mod just wants to keep the topic threads intact. Go post your thoughts in the appropriate topic or create your own new one if you were deleted.

> Any thought that the Mod is violating your first ammendment right to free "legal" speech in a public forum would only be true if Mod was biased against you personally and blocked or censored you for that single reason (i.e, no history of bad posting), or, if you felt intimidated or fearful of undue punishment for speaking freely in this public forum -- like Mod giving your identity out to another person or entity to personally cause you harm, but again, you only have that first ammendment protection for "legal" posts (no slander, libel, threats, etc.). Difficult to prove from any direction.

> I don't see anything beyond management of the topics here.

> Mod has every right to direct, manage, etc., the posts as Mod sees fit within the operating guidelines of LeoAffairs.com.

> Yes, I do have a law degree.

MOD 353
03-25-2008, 03:21 AM
This thread is about what people think about the lay offs and nothing else. I do allow some leeway but completely off topic comments will be deleted. what part of that don't you understand? Too many people try to derail every topic with posts that belong in one of many threads that already exist here. If you don't see a topic that your post may fit and your comment pertains to ECSO business then please start a new thread.

03-25-2008, 03:24 AM
hear, here,---be sure to be very politically correct when posting on a anonymous blog!!!!!

03-25-2008, 12:54 PM
The Mod here axes comments like McNesby axes staff. And yes I like pecan pie. And no I don’t have a culinary degree.

03-27-2008, 09:39 PM
If it is true about some employees being laid off ( student assistants ) it certainly isn't about the money saved sinc ethey make minimum wage. Knowing Ronnie Mac it is probably an attempt to use that aspect to scare employees into line who don't want to support him in the up coming election. :wink:

03-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Former Deputy you are 100% correct, that is how McNesby and his administration operate; by fear mongering, intimidation, and straight up threats and if he thinks that won’t work then by bribing you with a promotion or a cushy job.