PDA

View Full Version : Randle vs. Van Camp

03-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Ok since it was brought up in one of the other blogs I figured I would start this blog. The way I see it is this: Randle and Van Camp are the only two top contenders for Sheriff. Roper doesn't have a chance at all. So I want to know, professionally, who in your opinion is best for the job and why. Randle and Van Camp I know you read these posts so feel free to join in.

03-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Robert may be a nice guy, but come on. His entire career has been with a small department whose main objective has been to write as many tickets as they can jot down on a shift and make sure that the rich folks in GB don't get their yards toilet papered during homecoming. The PNJ published an expose about the dangers of TP'ing yards in GB a couple of years ago...get real.

Jeff might not have been a supervisor at ESO but he was a real cop. He probably worked more calls for "real" police service in a years time, ok, maybe 2 years, than Randall has worked in his 25 to 30 something years in GB. Jeff is well liked in the community because he treated citizens with respect, whether they were GB elite or grandmothers in the projects. Citizens like him. LEO's like him. That's a step in the right direction for a leader.

03-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Hall has got to go, so does his henchmen

03-20-2008, 07:03 PM
well, i think this thread should read Hall vs. Van Camp

Randle might have all these classes and FBI academy training,.. but then again, ive never worked with an FBI agent that could do any real police work... that being said, only support Randle might have is from Gulf Breeze, but all i see is Van Camp signs, so i think Randle gets beat in his own back yard...

it comes down to this.... Pace and Milton, in order for Jeff to win he has to carry Pace and Milton... and the Deputy vote. from what i have heard, Jeff has Navare, Gulf Breeze, and Jay, plus the Deputy vote...

Randle should start planning his retirement.. trust me, it isnt so bad!!! think the fish are biting... got to go!

03-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Halls day are numbered. If he has the deputies interests at heart why is he not out there making appearences huh? He wants to sit in that front office. He likes strut his stuff when he walks to that black and shiny car. Does he really care? No. All he thinks about his Otis. Since when is can he use his power and position to inlfuence the department to use a company where his wife works?

03-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Apples to apples comparison between the two of what they have listed on their websites... Maybe more should be listed or talked about, who knows... but this is what's published:

Education

Van Camp
High School graduate
A.S. in General Education from Troy State
B.S. in Criminal Justice with minor in Social Studies from Troy State

Randle
High School graduate
B.A. in Criminal Justice from University of West Florida and pursued Master's degree
F.B.I. National Academy
Florida Criminal Justice Executives Institute Class 16
Florida Executive Development Seminar
Numerous continuing education/training classes listed

Career

Van Camp
Officer, Pensacola PD, 3 years
Deputy, Escambia SO, since 1989. Numerous specialized units; SWAT, Field Training Officer, Patrol, Investigations, and Crimestoppers

Randle
Gulf Breeze Police Department since 1980. Undercover narcotics investigator, K-9 handler, patrol sergeant, patrol lieutenant, and Deputy Chief of Police since June of 2002.

03-21-2008, 09:43 PM
As far as Robert Randle not being a "real" cop, get real. I don't recall van Camp ever being in one?
However, either one is better than what we currently have.

03-21-2008, 09:45 PM
aww crap, I left out the part about Randle being in a shooting. He has been. Right at Pensacola Beach Road and Hwy. 98.
Robert's OK.

DDG
03-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Robert has a masters degree????

DDG
03-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Hmmmm looks like Sheriff Brown is back..... i could have sworn that Roberts web site said.. "was Pursuing" his Masters... well, i`m pursuing my law degree.. doesnt make me a lawyer now does it?

03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Yup and Brown lost his standards!

03-22-2008, 10:04 PM
hmmm lets compare the two,

Money Raised- Winner= Van Camp

Biggest a$$hole and a Rat- Winner- Randle

Straight shooter and Pro-Deputy- Winner-Van Camp

Person most likely to Goat F#&k the Department-Winner=Randle

tie ball game folks... gezzz Randle is this how you run your campaign or lack therefore of??? tard

03-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Where does that leave Wendell "Boss Hogg" Hall and Chris "Shot a Hog" Roper

03-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey guest...

It says Randle pursued his Masters... doesn't say he has one... Jerry Brown actually said and published he had the degree... get it right. At least it shows Randle continued on and did coursework. From your post, I'm curious how far past eighth grade you got?

As for your comment saying the amount of "money raised winner" being Van Camp... Well if I was running and had thousands of dollars in "in-kind" contributions and personal loans, I might could claim I was the money winner too. But look at the actual monetary contributions - cash and checks, not in-kinds. And who has to loan themselves almost $5K in money?

Look at the REAL published reports (not the fantasy numbers in your head):

Van Camp total MONEY (Cash & Checks): $20,281
Van Camp total IN-KIND: $4,938.74
Van Camp total LOANS (Personal Loans): $2,900.00

Randle total MONEY (Cash & Checks): $23,365.00
Randle total IN-KIND: $0
Randle total LOANS: $0

Or hey, let's break it down another way. Even with the in-kinds and personal loans figured in, Van Camp has averaged raising $2,163/month since he filed for candidacy. On the other hand, Randle has raised an average of $3,337/month since he filed.

So who's your money winner now? Van Camp entered the race on February 20, 2007. Randle entered on August 23, 2007. Van Camp has a six month lead on Randle for campaigning and Randle has still raised more CASH & CHECKS than him.

Your next comment about "biggest a$$hole and a Rat"... Honestly from your posting, it sounds like you could be in the running for that title. Your opinions of Randle are just that - opinions. You can bad mouth him in these forums, or in person, or anywhere you wish. But you obviously have some beef with him that you can't talk face to face with him about, so you must hide behind the anonymity of this board.

Your next comment about "straight shooter and pro-deputy"... Robert Randle has been a member of the FOP since about 1980. He has been on the officer/deputy side of the bargaining table and he's been on the administrator side of the table. He is 100% pro-FOP, 100% pro-deputy, and from knowing the guy, he'll do what's right. Unlike Van Camp, he has experience as an officer, sergeant, lieutenant, and now deputy chief of police. He's been there, and done all that. And not to insult veteran officers, but Van Camp has been a slick sleeve for 20+ years. He's got no admin/management experience and I'm sorry guys, right or wrong, that experience is crucial when it comes down to making tough decisions with personnel and this challenged budget we've got.

And your final comment about "person most likely to Goat F#&k the Department"... Well, that's just a stupid statement coming from a moron. You're uneducated, biased, and don't have your facts straight.

By the way, Randle is running a great campaign. He got all his petitions signed, submitted, and verified. When did Van Camp get his done? Oh, wait, he hasn't. None of the other candidates have gotten their petitions done. Yeah, that sure is some shotty campaigning Randle's doing!

I mean heck, he's raised more CASH in six months less time, he's loudly 100% pro-FOP, pro-deputy and has been for decades, is the first candidate to qualify all his petition cards, and his signs are popping up everywhere.

Your scared, idiot postings aren't doing any good for your boy Van Camp. If you want to play hard ball, bring it on. But come educated and informed - and bring a spelling/grammar checker too. You can't argue with a five year old and expect to win.

DDG
03-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Seriously, the Race is between Van Camp and Wendall.

Tell us what support outside of the elks lodge on Pensacola Beach does Randle have?

03-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Poor DDG. You will be sadly disappointed one day soon.

04-09-2008, 04:06 AM
If you ever had an experience with the hall team,you realize he has to go..his staff is not out to serve the public..only their own self interests..i would like to know who over-looks the spending at the jail..who has the food contracts..ect...its big business..our taxes..and no one knows what is going on..hall has to go..

04-09-2008, 08:22 AM
If you ever had an experience with the hall team,you realize he has to go..his staff is not out to serve the public..only their own self interests..i would like to know who over-looks the spending at the jail..who has the food contracts..ect...its big business..our taxes..and no one knows what is going on..hall has to go..

We deal with Hall every day and would like to keep it that way. Sorry but nobody wants your candidate. You are a Randle stooge grasping for anything. If what you are saying is true you would have gone to the SAO. You have got nothing so you post here because you are a stooge and the master told you do post here.

On a personal note, this is meant to be constructive: Go take a writing class and then come back so we can understand you.

04-09-2008, 08:24 AM

We deal with Hall every day and would like to keep it that way. Sorry but nobody wants your candidate. You are a Randle stooge grasping for anything. If what you are saying is true you would have gone to the SAO. You have got nothing so you post here because you are a stooge and the master told you do post here.

On a personal note, this is meant to be constructive: Go take a writing class and then come back so we can understand you.

Also, if we could not have Hall, we would want Van Camp. Nobody wants Randle. NOBODY!

DDG
04-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Wes Cummings does!!!

04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Why does Wes Cummings want Randle? Has he been pomised a job?

04-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Why does Wes Cummings want Randle? Has he been pomised a job?

Wes wants revenge however he can get it.