PDA

View Full Version : V.I.N.

03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
With all of the removals from V.I.N. we can finally have a unit with integrity and professionalism. R.C. leading C.A. will make me proud to have a vice unit again...ROCK ON ROB & CRAIG!!!

03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
It's about time !!!!

03-20-2008, 02:35 PM
With all of the removals from V.I.N. we can finally have a unit with integrity and professionalism. R.C. leading C.A. will make me proud to have a vice unit again...ROCK ON ROB & CRAIG!!!

I'm guessing this is sarcastic.

03-20-2008, 04:11 PM
What should be of great interest the next few weeks is how on earth they're going to find uniforms that fit for P.W. Does such an article of clothing exist?

03-20-2008, 11:15 PM
What should be of great interest the next few weeks is how on earth they're going to find uniforms that fit for P.W. Does such an article of clothing exist?

Who is PW?

04-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Craig did one of your many girlfriends write that for you? You integrity? Now, thats so funny!!! Matt Drake and Paul Williams were excellent detectives. Craig, you could of learned a thing or two from them if you werent to busy cheating on your wife!

04-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Craig and integrity in the same sentence, now thats a joke.
Craigs to busy sleeping with probies and so many others to even know what goes on in Vin. Craig your a joke to the unit! You should of been the one removed, the chief made a horrible choice by removing Drake and Williams.

04-08-2008, 09:32 PM
The last 2 posts were the funniest I've heard... Drake and Williams. LOL... You have got to be JOKING! Or your Drake and Williams posting. Way to go Chief! IT'S ABOUT TIME! What has VIN done since Bamford and Johnston left ? NOTTA

04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Who lost their wedding ring at Gary's sports bar.... I dont think it was CA.
I think we need to stop this before a scandal is started!

04-08-2008, 10:35 PM

CA doesnt wear a ring, according to him...Hes leaving his wife. Whatever!

04-08-2008, 11:08 PM

Just drop all this.... its childish!

04-09-2008, 03:15 AM

Just drop all this.... its childish!

I THINK THATS VIN'S MOTTO "IM LEAVING MY WIFE!"

04-09-2008, 04:32 PM
No - it was CA that lost his phone at a strip club, and got beat up there a few times also..... way to go tough guy....

04-09-2008, 04:33 PM
VIN hasn't been the same since Kilpatirck left.......

04-09-2008, 10:15 PM
VIN hasn't been the same since Kilpatirck left.......

I actually agree with this, but unless you are one of the half dozen people who worked with him, your opinion doesn't mean all that much. Everyone wants to give an opinion on VIN, but unless you were over there with those guys or these guys you really don't know what you are talking about. It is one of those places in the Department that most of us just don't get to work with very much. If you hear that VIN is doing a great job, the feedback probably came from VIN. If you hear they are doing a bad job, it probably came from someone who just wasn't happy with them. Just because someone gets caught stepping on their d*** a few times doesn't mean they are the department f-up.

Also all of the people writing crap about CA need to look around a little more. Yeah, he's the only guy in this house who has ever cheated on their spouse.

04-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I actually agree with this, but unless you are one of the half dozen people who worked with him, your opinion doesn't mean all that much. Everyone wants to give an opinion on VIN, but unless you were over there with those guys or these guys you really don't know what you are talking about. It is one of those places in the Department that most of us just don't get to work with very much. If you hear that VIN is doing a great job, the feedback probably came from VIN. If you hear they are doing a bad job, it probably came from someone who just wasn't happy with them. Just because someone gets caught stepping on their d*** a few times doesn't mean they are the department f-up.

Also all of the people writing crap about CA need to look around a little more. Yeah, he's the only guy in this house who has ever cheated on their spouse.

So, no one knows what they're talking about (ref. vin) unless they worked vin? Most of us don't get to work with very much? Huh? How's that? In the past 10 years, I've had a lot of interaction with VIN. I think most of us have. Unfortunately, most of the interactions left a very negative "taste in my mouth" (no pun intended ref. the sexual jokes).

If they're actually doing their jobs, almost ALL of us SHOULD work with them ALL the time. A real VIN unit interacts with the road patrol. They SHOULD receive information from guys/girls on the road and act on that information. Likewise, they SHOULD pass information on to the road and have it acted upon. I think that the fact that there is SO little interaction between the road and VIN (and the DB for that matter) is a HUGE part of the perception that they're a bunch of jerks/idiots/losers/f-ups/etc. Our road patrol SHOULD see our VIN guys all the time and there SHOULD be a lot of communication there. But there is not (and has not been) any communication between the road and VIN. When a road guy (or sergeant) cannot get a hold of ANY vin detective or supervisor in the middle of the night, that's a problem.

Finally, just because someone get's caught stepping on their ****s a few times, they're not a f-up, you write. Well, if they repeatedly make poor decisions over and over again, what exactly does that make them? Do you think the department should have people with such poor decision making skills in a unit with such a high potential for corruption? Should people who continue to "step on their ****s" be afforded the opportunity to put the department in serious liability and not be considered an "f-up"??? Please, please, explain yourself.

04-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Maybe someone should tell CA that you cant make CI contacts when your at the Rounup drunk with your girlfriend (opps! I forgot your married..SHH!). Way to work undecover.
CA is a highrisk not only to himself but every officer he works with. What was the chief thinking removing Drake and Williams and leaving CA in Vin?

Drake and Williams made VIN. Its the Departments lose!

GREAT DECISION THERE CHIEF!!!!

04-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Learn how to spell...its loss.

04-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Why is everyone focusing on CA?
The real issues should be that Drake and Williams should be assigned back to the unit.

CA is a cheater, thats a fact, but focus people!

Everyone knows that MD wasnt faithful either,but thats not the issue. The issue should be the chief made a poor decision. And how MD and PW can get back to the unit where the belong.

Lay off CA. He has enough issues to deal with besides this message board

Ca, try working a case....

04-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Anybody put in for the open (now closed) Sgt. spot in VIN?

04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
yup i hear labelle did

04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
All of the Sergeants stood together and no one put in for the position

04-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Thats great everyone stood together and didnt put it.

Did RC get the sgt spot?

04-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Interesting? We do not have a 566 at the PD

04-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Whos 566?

04-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I want to sign up for VIN.
I would love to get paid to cheat on my wife.
See my girlfriend during work hours, sounds great!
CA when you leave VIN, I so want your spot.

04-11-2008, 03:42 PM
The fact that the guy up above thinks that the VIN unit should be touching every member of the Department, shows that he has no idea what a VIN Unit does. Yes, VIN should interact with some of the members of the Department that provide good intel. Trust me when I tell you that they are in the minority.

However, if you think you should see a VIN unit every day, you clearly don't know what makes a VIN unit successful. The goal is trafficking arrests. That leads to the elephants. If you have a guy on the road who snags someone with an eight ball and that leads that fifteen to snitch on a bigger guy, then, yes, the officer should find out about that. However, the hope is that you keep climbing the food chain to get bigger and bigger deals. The bigger the deal is, the less likely that the Unit will use Road Patrol at all, unless they want to do a Carroll Stop - a pretextual stop.

When the deals get big, they usually bring in undercovers. If the deal is really big, then they use federal agencies. A VIN unit that constantly interacts with the road is probably not very successful unless the Road is handing them half kilos left and right. It happens, but its not that common.

I was also here when Kilpatrick was in VIN. If you weren't on K-9 or SWAT, you may have seen him in the hall, but you weren't used for deals. Right or wrong, that is how it was. You need to tone down your rancor, when you don't know what you are talking about. It's embarrassing.

04-11-2008, 04:24 PM
The fact that the guy up above thinks that the VIN unit should be touching every member of the Department, shows that he has no idea what a VIN Unit does. Yes, VIN should interact with some of the members of the Department that provide good intel. Trust me when I tell you that they are in the minority.

However, if you think you should see a VIN unit every day, you clearly don't know what makes a VIN unit successful. The goal is trafficking arrests. That leads to the elephants. If you have a guy on the road who snags someone with an eight ball and that leads that fifteen to snitch on a bigger guy, then, yes, the officer should find out about that. However, the hope is that you keep climbing the food chain to get bigger and bigger deals. The bigger the deal is, the less likely that the Unit will use Road Patrol at all, unless they want to do a Carroll Stop - a pretextual stop.

When the deals get big, they usually bring in undercovers. If the deal is really big, then they use federal agencies. A VIN unit that constantly interacts with the road is probably not very successful unless the Road is handing them half kilos left and right. It happens, but its not that common.

I was also here when Kilpatrick was in VIN. If you weren't on K-9 or SWAT, you may have seen him in the hall, but you weren't used for deals. Right or wrong, that is how it was. You need to tone down your rancor, when you don't know what you are talking about. It's embarrassing.

AMEN TO THAT ONE!!

04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Trust me when I tell you that they are in the minority.

That's great. It's this attitude that lead you guys to where you are today. Obviously since your way is so successful (haha), you keep thinking like this.

[/quote]A VIN unit that constantly interacts with the road is probably not very successful unless the Road is handing them half kilos left and right. It happens, but its not that common. [quote]

Are you that nearsighted to see that your arguments contradict each other? You talk about building a big case from small informants at first, then you talk about the road handing you kilos. Don't you see how much more successful you would have been if you would have had a good relationship with the road? Instead of locking up every guy with a nickle bag of weed or cocaine, guys would be A LOT more likely to contact you and let you work the small CI's (which lead to big busts). There have been NUMEROUS times where I've seen a guy lock someone up for a small amount of substance and heard other Officers on scene say something like, "you gonna call VIN?" Almost every time I've heard it asked, the response is the same: "No, why would I do that?"

If you don't understand that, then there's no use wasting my time here....

04-11-2008, 09:13 PM
I was not part of the most recent VIN Unit, but unlike you, I did work in VIN. When you are busy make trafficking arrests and you have a four man unit, you don't have time to interview every nickle and dime weedsmoker, who wants to flip. I'm sorry, but what you are describing is what the Special Ops unit should be doing. Not VIN. You work small cases to get to big cases. When you are already on big cases, the small cases get pushed to the side. You have to work smart, when you have four people. The last month this most recent VIN unit was working, they had something like 20 trafficking cases. I doubt that there was one trafficking case produced on the road in the same amount of time. There have probably been 20 trafficking cases on the road in the past 2 years. You really don;t know much about working dope. It's obvious. I am also telling you that unless you were one of five or six people, half of whom were gone, you didn't get to work with Kilpatrick as a road officer either. When you have a stable of informants and a full list of viable targets, you don't have time to talk to every would be snitch.

People will agree with you around this Department because less than 10% of them have ever been in VIN. I have. What you are describing is what a street crimes unit might do. You can be the biggest 57 cop on the road, but until you have spent a year or two in there, you are only guessing as to how it works.

Answer this question honestly. You don't have to tell me who you are to answer this. You have never been in VIN, have you? I know the answer, because you have the same opinion as everyone who hasn't worked the unit. Also, the objective in this game is to lock up bad guys. If you are withholding information because your feelings were hurt the last time you talked to a VIN guy, you really aren't much use to this Department are you?

04-12-2008, 02:56 AM
If you are withholding information because your feelings were hurt the last time you talked to a VIN guy, you really aren't much use to this Department are you?

You just don't get it. But, that's fine. You're right, I've never been in the VIN unit. However, I have enough experience as a cop to understand the function and interaction between VIN and the road. You act like VIN is some secret society of super-special ideas and techniques that can only be understood by those in the unit. Give me a break.

Just a few points before I go:

I'm not talking about withholding information. I'm talking about guys encountering someone who COULD POSSIBLY become an informant, but not even mentioning this to the detainee because of the absolutely horrible relationship between our VIN unit and the road. That's been the same EVER since I've been here. Frankly, there are a ton of people who are arrested for minor drug charges that could become VERY useful informants. However, these people aren't ever approached by the road patrol Officer that arrests them because of the poor relationships between detectives and officers. The same thing can be said for our detective bureau, as well. With a greater focus on interacting with the road, the VIN unit could be infintely more successful.

And finally, our VIN guys did not make twenty self-initiated trafficking arrests in their final month. They maybe averaged one or two trafficking arrests a month. They may have been INVOLVED in more cases, but these cases were initiated through their interaction with multi-agency task forces. They VERY VERY VERY rarely initiated trafficking cases on their own, and they certainly didn't ever work one without an informant. Now, imagine how many actual cases they could have worked if every road patrol officer out there asked their detainees/casual contacts/arrestees/etc. if they wished to speak with a detective?? Wow, wouldn't that be nice. But, with your attitude, and with the pervasive attitude among past vin detectives, this won't happen.

Oh, well. You keep thinking what you do. It's obviously working very well.............. :roll:

04-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I am glad that you responded. I am sorry if I wrote with any sort of air of superiority about VIN. I certainly don't believe that detectives are any better than officers. My number of twenty was a ball park, but it was accurate. VIN is not supposed to work soley on self-initiated activity. When you are slow, you can drive around and hit a few targets and maybe make some pops, but you need informants.

The days when you could walk into a bar unintroduced and ask to buy a kilo ended with Miami Vice. Probably earlier. You need informants. However, you might be an excellent road patrol officer with very good discretion about how to discern who would and wouldn't make a good informant, but I can tell you that most of the officers on the road aren't. I used to get called in a number of times to talk to people that were "willing to work," that couldn't. Juveniles, people on probation, people that their friends just saw get thrown in the back of the police car, etc. It is a waste of time. I used to get called in for people that were willing to wear a wire and go to a doctors office to set up unscrupulous doctors. I'm assuming that you know what is wrong with all of these scenarios, but in case some people don't: all of these leads are worthless.

Not all leads that come from the Road are of this quality, but your lets all hold hands and work together to fight the war on drugs smacks of inexperience. By the way, my information on VIN's trafficking arrests was lock solid. Who cares if the trafficking arrests were self-initiated? How many self-initiated THI's does the traffic unit have? When the mission changes, so does the metric by which it is measured. VIN's success is measured by trafficking arrests and informants working substantial assistance. In some cases it is on sheer volume of a single arrest or impact. It is not measured on "on-views" or how many leads from the Road they can work.

Before you go, I was wondering if you couldn't cite a specific example of why VIN has a bad rapport with Road Patrol. I used to hear the same thing about the old K-9 unit and it mostly about attitudes.

04-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Before you go, I was wondering if you couldn't cite a specific example of why VIN has a bad rapport with Road Patrol. I used to hear the same thing about the old K-9 unit and it mostly about attitudes.[/quote]

DONE!

When certain VIN guys cried about alpha shift officers setting up buy's and working intel in 15 zone, that was with a supervisors approval. Seems some are sensitive when an officer can make just as many quality arrests all while handling a zone too! Kinda snaps up your job security I guess.

This particular officer didn't even need to tie up three other road units to do his job. I would have been mad too, this threatens a VIN detectives way of life, forces them to come to work. It actually forced them to come to work when the drugs are out, at night! Strange, I know.

04-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Before you go, I was wondering if you couldn't cite a specific example of why VIN has a bad rapport with Road Patrol. I used to hear the same thing about the old K-9 unit and it mostly about attitudes.

DONE!

When certain VIN guys cried about alpha shift officers setting up buy's and working intel in 15 zone, that was with a supervisors approval. Seems some are sensitive when an officer can make just as many quality arrests all while handling a zone too! Kinda snaps up your job security I guess.

This particular officer didn't even need to tie up three other road units to do his job. I would have been mad too, this threatens a VIN detectives way of life, forces them to come to work. It actually forced them to come to work when the drugs are out, at night! Strange, I know.[/quote]

I appreciate the example. This would explain why VIN might not care for Road Patrol, but not why Road Patrol would care for VIN. Assuming that the arrests caused any bad feelings at all. Years ago the Chief Mackey decided that the focus of VIN was to be "drugs in Davie," so at that time you would see and hear VIN a lot more. However, to get bigger arrests, you have to go beyond the boundaries of this city. That means interacting with other cities and trading information.

If the Road Patrol is able to shut down a crack house or weed hole then that is excellent work and that officer should be commended. That just furthers the point though, that the VIN unit shouldn't be concentrating on things of that nature. The multi-agency task forces were set up so you could go after bigger fish. VIN could shut down three or four weed holes or they can go after the guy that is bringing it in.

You will never arrest everyone in the drug trade. Most people know this. However, if you take out the bigger guys it could set of a chain reaction that could do some damage. If you concentrate on the little guys, you will always make arrests, because when you lock them up, they are right back out. I'm not saying to forget about those things. It's important to suppress everyone, but with a small VIN unit, you have to get the biggest bang for your buck.

This isn't about the infallibility of VIN. I'm sure they make mistakes, but how would you know if they were making a lot of arrests or few? How would you know how many people are working substantial assistance for them. You can't judge their productivity by the radio. It is not the Road. Things work differently.

04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
They have beem moved form vin so its time to move on. If you want o put in or vin, do so, its your career no one elses. If you think that anyone cared if you put in for vin in the past and they didnt like you, now is your chance(no relation).

04-13-2008, 08:16 PM
They have beem moved form vin so its time to move on. If you want o put in or vin, do so, its your career no one elses. If you think that anyone cared if you put in for vin in the past and they didnt like you, now is your chance(no relation).

This is the kind of ego-centric thinking that consistently gets us nowhere. If you put in for VIN, you are the person that is empowering the administration to breach the contract. They know that some opportunist will jump out of their seats and run up to lick their boots to get whatever bauble is offered.

Three people were thrown out of a unit without being given a reason. This is not an isolated incident. It is a precedent. A grievance has been filed that will probably go nowhere. The only recourse available to us as a body is to refuse to put in for the position.

There are people who will write things like "the Chief did the right thing" or "its time to move on." More than likely this is a person who wants the position and fears negative backlash from the rest of the officers. The Union took a stance on this. No one put in for the Sergeant's position. They had a small modicum of backbone.

If you want to take this persons advice, that is between you and your conscience. However, unlike this venue, a position in VIN is not anonymous. It's not easy to go through ten or fifteen years of you career knowing that everyone in your agency despises you.

There is not a job in this department that you should step over the body of another person to get. I am not a VIN person, but I may like to have the job, someday. Not this time around. Whoever wrote this: try to conduct yourself with a little honor and encourage others to do the same.

Also remember that if you work outside the contract you are being a scab. There is a lieutenant on midnight shift who loves to encourage people to adjust their hours without proper compensation. This practice has to be stopped.

04-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Drake and Williams should go back to Vin. They did anAwesome job and worked long hard hours. As for CA, hes just a joke no matter where he works. As for all the rumors, unless you know Drake and Williams you shouldnt comment. Who cares about there numurous affairs. The guys on the road have them also. That doesnt make them less of a dectective, it just makes them cheaters. Oh well, we have all been there, havent we?
The real issue is the previous topics, we should all stick together. If it happened to them, it could sur happen to you.

If you apply for Vin, just remember, CA will be your partner, that should be enough of a reason not to out it for the spot.

Good luck Vin guys with the grievence!!!

04-13-2008, 11:50 PM
If MD and CA had there affairs while working, that is reason enough to be removed from the unit, isnt it?

Alot of the guys here think so. I want to get paid to sleep around and goto bars.

04-14-2008, 01:36 AM
If MD and CA had there affairs while working, that is reason enough to be removed from the unit, isnt it?

Alot of the guys here think so. I want to get paid to sleep around and goto bars.

Have you guys ever thought that innocent people might be hurt by this crap? Not the people to whom you are referring, but their spouses. I don't think any of you meant to do that, but remember that anyone can log onto this website.

04-14-2008, 01:51 AM
If they cared what there spouses though or felt, they wouldnt be sleeping around. If they cared about their spouses they wouldnt have gitlfriends.What about the girlfriends they had , and the promises they made to leave their wives? Before , I dont know, we left our husbands!
MD and Ca are low life cheaters. They didnt give a damn about there wives when they were F**KING around. So, please dont stick up for the wives.... CA, was that your wife writing for you???
The wives werent the only ones screwed over.

04-14-2008, 01:53 AM
I bet their wives already know>>>>

04-14-2008, 02:01 AM
HEY CA, DIDNT I MEET YOU AT ROUNDUP? YOU SAID YOU WERE LEAVING YOUR WIFE... BUT, I THINK YOU WERE THERE WITH YOU GIRLFRIEND!!!LOL

MD PLAYS SO QUIET, BUT HE CHEATS LEFT AND RIGHT.
CA AND MD MADE GREAT PARTNERS!!!

THEY SHOULD GOTO IA, THAT WOULD BE A GREAT JOB FOR THEM. LIARS AND CHEATERS.

04-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Do you guys actually think MD and CA cared if they got caught?
They flaunted there girlfriends and took them out. So please dont feel sorry for there wives, they chose to accept there affairs. They are stupid, they know that they are cheaters...
Didnt MD invite is girlfriend to one of his superbowl parties? No, thats funny.... :D

04-14-2008, 06:10 AM

Have you guys ever thought that innocent people might be hurt by this crap? Not the people to whom you are referring, but their spouses. I don't think any of you meant to do that, but remember that anyone can log onto this website.

Is this Vins groopie Angela sticking up for them?

04-14-2008, 06:16 AM
The fact of the matter is very few really big cases get initiated via local contacts... IT does happen sometimes but not often. The really big cases get referred by feds and other larger agencies such as dea who want the locals to handle it so they (feds) get the credit but the locals get the benefits (forfetures).. it's a good deal from both sides. The Feds have the bigger money to pay off the informanats who will lead you to the bigger deals.. It does not mean the VIN unit is not working.. The problem with all VIN Units is the supervisors are reluctant to chastise questionable personal behavior because many of the VIN placements were directed by a cheif or captain that will not appreciate a sgt that tries to reign in a "buddy" he put in the VIN UNIT. Politics are always involved and always get in the way unforturnately!

If you are withholding information because your feelings were hurt the last time you talked to a VIN guy, you really aren't much use to this Department are you?

You just don't get it. But, that's fine. You're right, I've never been in the VIN unit. However, I have enough experience as a cop to understand the function and interaction between VIN and the road. You act like VIN is some secret society of super-special ideas and techniques that can only be understood by those in the unit. Give me a break.

Just a few points before I go:

I'm not talking about withholding information. I'm talking about guys encountering someone who COULD POSSIBLY become an informant, but not even mentioning this to the detainee because of the absolutely horrible relationship between our VIN unit and the road. That's been the same EVER since I've been here. Frankly, there are a ton of people who are arrested for minor drug charges that could become VERY useful informants. However, these people aren't ever approached by the road patrol Officer that arrests them because of the poor relationships between detectives and officers. The same thing can be said for our detective bureau, as well. With a greater focus on interacting with the road, the VIN unit could be infintely more successful.

And finally, our VIN guys did not make twenty self-initiated trafficking arrests in their final month. They maybe averaged one or two trafficking arrests a month. They may have been INVOLVED in more cases, but these cases were initiated through their interaction with multi-agency task forces. They VERY VERY VERY rarely initiated trafficking cases on their own, and they certainly didn't ever work one without an informant. Now, imagine how many actual cases they could have worked if every road patrol officer out there asked their detainees/casual contacts/arrestees/etc. if they wished to speak with a detective?? Wow, wouldn't that be nice. But, with your attitude, and with the pervasive attitude among past vin detectives, this won't happen.

Oh, well. You keep thinking what you do. It's obviously working very well.............. :roll:

04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
If they cared what there spouses though or felt, they wouldnt be sleeping around. If they cared about their spouses they wouldnt have gitlfriends.What about the girlfriends they had , and the promises they made to leave their wives? Before , I dont know, we left our husbands!
MD and Ca are low life cheaters. They didnt give a darn about there wives when they were F**KING around. So, please dont stick up for the wives.... CA, was that your wife writing for you???

It doesn't matter whether or not they care about their wives. You should. They are innocent people, presumably. The people that aren't innocent are the cheaters and the enablers. I don't think anyone in this department as a right to be angered by marital infidelity. You guys all act so stand up about not breaking the code of silence when it comes to walking into IA, yet you will anonymously rat out a cheater on a public message board.

These guys may or may not care about their wives, but that doesn't mean that their wives are deserving of public humiliation. Also, unless their wives were the "only ones who were screwed over." If you are a woman and you sleep with a married man, because he feeds you a line of BS it is your fault too. Caveat Emptor.

I'm not sticking up for these guys. I'm just saying that families should be off limit as targets in here. Consider it a point of honor.

04-14-2008, 11:35 AM
[quote="Career Suicide"][. The Union took a stance on this. No one put in for the Sergeant's position. They had a small modicum of backbone.

Wow, you believe that the union took a stance? And that was what ?
They spoke at a meeting about it and.........hmmmm....

04-14-2008, 12:16 PM
[
. It's not easy to go through ten or fifteen years of you career knowing that everyone in your agency despises you.

I guess you havent spent any time working in the pd because as you walk the halls, you cant go far without seeing one of these officers and most high ranking bosses.

There is not a job in this department that you should step over the body of another person to get.
I agree with you but again, look at the above post

Also remember that if you work outside the contract you are being a scab. There is a lieutenant on midnight shift who loves to encourage people to adjust their hours without proper compensation. This practice has to be stopped.

Again I agree but he does that because people dont care about the fop because they dont really act like a strong union so they push the limits of the contract. Also, the lts dont fear any backlash because as members, they get all the benefits but ignore the board who is afraid to confront them because they can all be demoted.

04-14-2008, 12:22 PM
MD and Ca are low life cheaters. They didnt give a darn about there wives when they were F**KING around. So, please dont stick up for the wives.... CA, was that your wife writing for you???

It doesn't matter whether or not they care about their wives. You should. They are innocent people, presumably. The people that aren't innocent are the cheaters and the enablers. I don't think anyone in this department as a right to be angered by marital infidelity. You guys all act so stand up about not breaking the code of silence when it comes to walking into IA, yet you will anonymously rat out a cheater on a public message board.

These guys may or may not care about their wives, but that doesn't mean that their wives are deserving of public humiliation. Also, unless their wives were the "only ones who were screwed over." If you are a woman and you sleep with a married man, because he feeds you a line of BS it is your fault too. Caveat Emptor.

I'm not sticking up for these guys. I'm just saying that families should be off limit as targets in here. Consider it a point of honor.

Which wife are you talking about? I dought CA wife gives a DAMN!! At least she gets a break from the whining!!
And as for MD, well , I truly dought his wife cares. From what I understand around the department, she has her own thing going on.
Cheaters arent off limits when they are crying about why they got removed from VIN! Morals went out the window with those two....
Welcome back to the road MD, now your one of us again. Will you be calling CA on every drug arrest you make? We dought it.

Chang the subject if you want to get off MD and CA...everyones been on them anyway... ha ha

04-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Lay off of MD. And grow the HELL up. This messsage board shouldnt be for rumors. So unless you slept with MD...dont comment!
MD busted his ass in VIN. Instead of dogging him, take a look at all his hard work on his cases. He put in long hard hours for the unit.
I dought MD cares about this message board, but others might like the previous replies commented. Maybe not only the wives get hurt, but people who care about them also.

Focus on the issue.... how the deaprtment screwed them over. Not who they screwed!!

Great way to stand together as a department.

If you have an issues with MD, you probably dont really know him. Hes a great officer, and a great overall guy.

Lets change the subject....

04-14-2008, 01:34 PM

Which wife are you talking about? I dought CA wife gives a darn!! At least she gets a break from the whining!!
And as for MD, well , I truly dought his wife cares. From what I understand around the department, she has her own thing going on.
Cheaters arent off limits when they are crying about why they got removed from VIN! Morals went out the window with those two....
Welcome back to the road MD, now your one of us again. Will you be calling CA on every drug arrest you make? We dought it.

Chang the subject if you want to get off MD and CA...everyones been on them anyway... ha ha

Am I really working with someone who actually thinks "doubt" is spelled "dought"?? Not once, but twice?? My God...help me.

04-14-2008, 01:50 PM
fOR THE JACKASS WHO SAID JUST BECAUSE MD & CA CHEATED THEY SHOULD BE REMOVED ROM VIN - THEN THE LOGIC HERE WOULD DICTATE THAT IF YOU CHEATED ON YOUR WIFE, YOU SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM WHERE YOU ARE - WE WOULDN'T HAVE MANY COPS WORKING AT ALL, NOW WOULD WE ????

THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE.. IF YOU HAVE BEEF ABOUT THEM, TAKE IT UP WITH THEM....

CHIEF LYNN & ADMIN IS RAMMING SH*T DOWN YOUR THROATS, AND NASTA AND THE FOP AREN'T DOING A THING FOR YOU GUYS......

FROM HEART ATTACKS TO REASSIGNMENTS, GOOD LUCKS FELLAS !!!!!

04-14-2008, 02:02 PM
fOR THE jackarse WHO SAID JUST BECAUSE MD & CA CHEATED THEY SHOULD BE REMOVED ROM VIN - THEN THE LOGIC HERE WOULD DICTATE THAT IF YOU CHEATED ON YOUR WIFE, YOU SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM WHERE YOU ARE - WE WOULDN'T HAVE MANY COPS WORKING AT ALL, NOW WOULD WE ????

THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE.. IF YOU HAVE BEEF ABOUT THEM, TAKE IT UP WITH THEM....

CHIEF LYNN & ADMIN IS RAMMING SH*T DOWN YOUR THROATS, AND NASTA AND THE FOP AREN'T DOING A THING FOR YOU GUYS......

FROM HEART ATTACKS TO REASSIGNMENTS, GOOD LUCKS FELLAS !!!!!

I totally agree..stick to the topic.

04-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Lay off of MD. And grow the HELL up. This messsage board shouldnt be for rumors. So unless you slept with MD...dont comment!
MD busted his ass in VIN. Instead of dogging him, take a look at all his hard work on his cases. He put in long hard hours for the unit.
I dought MD cares about this message board, but others might like the previous replies commented. Maybe not only the wives get hurt, but people who care about them also.

Focus on the issue.... how the deaprtment screwed them over. Not who they screwed!!

Great way to stand together as a department.

If you have an issues with MD, you probably dont really know him. Hes a great officer, and a great overall guy.

Lets change the subject....

Sorry for the spelling mistake. My pooint was to lay off MD and talk about the real problem.

04-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Friend 3/17...you are an illiterate moron.

04-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Why do you continue to attack the Union and say they are doing nothing? The guys were removed from VIN, they filed a grievance. Members had their schedules adjusted to avoid paying overtime, they confronted this and had overtime paid or schedules changed. Members were fired; they filed a grievance and went to the Council meeting to show their support. At the last meeting the Board was very vocal on following the contract and informing them when members face violations.

Give the Union an example of what they should be doing differently?

04-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Better yet, why do you not go to them and tell them your issues? Maybe it is because your scared and would rather post here anonymously. Because as you say the Union is all bosses that intimidate you or just want to get promoted.

04-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Better yet, why do you not go to them and tell them your issues? Maybe it is because your scared and would rather post here anonymously. Because as you say the Union is all bosses that intimidate you or just want to get promoted.

Didnt you post anonymously or is your last name guest like mine?

04-14-2008, 10:21 PM
DROP ALL THE BULLSH*T ABOUT WHOS SLEEPING WITH WHO, AND WHO CANT SPELL. STICK TO THE IMPORTANT MATTERS.
DRAKE AND WILLIAMS GOT SCREWED OVER, AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE OF US.

04-15-2008, 01:40 AM
DROP ALL THE BULLSH*T ABOUT WHOS SLEEPING WITH WHO, AND WHO CANT SPELL. STICK TO THE IMPORTANT MATTERS.
DRAKE AND WILLIAMS GOT SCREWED OVER, AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE OF US.

Drake and Williams got screwed over and Chance Ransom got kicked out of his secret society just because he wrote a few stories. Let's stick to the topic people!

04-17-2008, 03:10 AM
VIN in Davie??? since when is cow dung considered an illegal substance? HEE HAWW HEE HAWWW!!! Stick to cattle rustling Hillbillies!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
HOLY SHIT THATS FUNNY :lol:

04-17-2008, 06:12 PM
We have steers, you have queers.

04-17-2008, 08:28 PM
VIN in Davie??? since when is cow dung considered an illegal substance? HEE HAWW HEE HAWWW!!! Stick to cattle rustling Hillbillies!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did anyone think this entry was really funny? I don't mean that I'm offended or that my feelings are hurt. I just think it is bad humor. I know that we are all a bit morally empty in here, but can we at least raise the bar on our jokes?

04-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Did anyone think this entry was really funny? I don't mean that I'm offended or that my feelings are hurt. I just think it is bad humor. I know that we are all a bit morally empty in here, but can we at least raise the bar on our jokes?

No, honestly, it wasn't very funny.... Not even remotely clever, either... Like you, I was not offended by it, nor do I think the writer intended to really insult anyone, but it was pretty stupid, honestly....

04-18-2008, 01:48 AM
That NMB guy is right, I think that the last VIN deal we had here involved an illegal shipment of Flintstone Vitamins. Let's face it guys, it is what it is.

04-18-2008, 01:11 PM
That NMB guy is right, I think that the last VIN deal we had here involved an illegal shipment of Flintstone Vitamins. Let's face it guys, it is what it is.

It's a serious problem. I once heard of a guy that overdosed on the "Wilma" pills.

04-18-2008, 06:46 PM
oh yeah you are so right old schooler - we don't have rime in Davie either.... or drugs, or anything illegal at all !!!! We are a perfect city!!! open your eyes if you can the wad of skoal out of em...

04-18-2008, 06:52 PM
oh yeah you are so right old schooler - we don't have rime in Davie either.... or drugs, or anything illegal at all !!!! We are a perfect city!!! open your eyes if you can the wad of skoal out of em...

Did they have spell check in the "older" days?

04-18-2008, 11:19 PM
What are the Vin guys gonna do now that they are back on the road? They cant get paid to sleep around>>>>

MD and CA shouldnt go back to VIN

04-19-2008, 12:27 PM
What are the Vin guys gonna do now that they are back on the road? They cant get paid to sleep around>>>>

NOW YOU GUYS HAVE TO SLEEP WITH YOUR WIVES...
CA DOES YOUR WIFE KNOW WHAT YOU DO WHILE YOUR WORKING?
THATS RIGHT...YOUR UNDERCOVER...LMAO

04-19-2008, 05:02 PM

Do we have to entertain anymore posts from this scorned woman? People, I implore you to see this for what it is: an embittered hag. Men do not care about other men's affairs. Have you ever heard a man get angry because another man cheated on his wife? These are the writings of a woman that has a direct interest in this.

04-19-2008, 08:16 PM

Do we have to entertain anymore posts from this scorned woman? People, I implore you to see this for what it is: an embittered hag. Men do not care about other men's affairs. Have you ever heard a man get angry because another man cheated on his wife? These are the writings of a woman that has a direct interest in this.

Unless it's your wife they are dipping into my voice of reason friend..... Now that is funny...

04-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Chance Ransom banged my wife. But I understand why she did it.

04-20-2008, 09:34 PM

Does anybody in these forums know how to properly use "YOUR" and "YOU'RE"? "YOUR" shows possession while "YOU'RE" is a contraction for "YOU ARE". They teach this in second grade. Let's try to sound somewhat intelligent when we make our posts.

04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
When your writing a post in reference to a fictional character why should they bother to proof read.

04-21-2008, 11:46 AM
When your writing a post in reference to a fictional character why should they bother to proof read.

"YOUR" should be "YOU'RE" (YOU ARE). I guess you haven't been paying attention either.

04-23-2008, 01:46 PM
you know its not just vin guys. didn't you hire two lame women recruits out of the academy that were foolin around with their advisors to get thru. Who you (insert verb) not what you know. Always has been and will be. It's not just DPD either, just the unfortunate nature of the business that every officer has to negotiate around if you want to stay happy in your marriage. T & A do rule the world today, any arguements?

04-23-2008, 10:13 PM
I'll tell you boys what!!!...quit yer *****in and get yer candy asses out there and fight some crime!!!...When I was a cop in Cuba back in the days, we kicked some ass and took some names. It seems that all you Davie cops do is complain...That NMB guy was right. PS "Those guys Rock"...plus alot of Cubans work there...another plus.

04-24-2008, 05:04 AM
We work in America..Thank you for your input but you are no longer needed

04-24-2008, 05:15 AM
Stop hating Jessy, I only banged you out of Pitty, now go get your flockin shine box honey!!!

04-24-2008, 12:31 PM
The new word is that the town denied the vin complaint so they had no choice but to use the pba.......stay tuned to your local am frequencies folks

04-24-2008, 03:07 PM
The new word is that the town denied the vin complaint so they had no choice but to use the pba.......stay tuned to your local am frequencies folks

Not entirely accurate. The Chief's ten day decision period expired on one of the grievances. The member then elected to turn the grievance over to the PBA. To quote Heavy Metal: 'Cute but dumb." I'm referring to the previous post.

The department is dragging their heals on the VIN Sergeants grievance in the hope that if they lose, it will be so close to the next bid that it won't matter. In case you aren't aware, his grievance was about being forced into a slot with days off that he didn't want on a shift that he didn't want. The timing of his forced exit from VIN made it impossible for him to bid, so the captain forced him to take Bravo shift instead of carrying an extra sergeant on midnights for six months.

04-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Another SMART decision by one of our Bobbleheads !!!! Go Captain Go Captain Go....... The three worthless bobbleheads that is........

04-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Has anything really changed with this new chief ?

We still have a chief who is listening to the three idiot captains (capt chaos, Capt personality, and Capt Fire Starter) and making stupid decisions based on their information.

We have no OT (other than the road, with the 4 hours built in),

We have 12 hour shifts,

We have no more training of any kind,

charo is now a detective,

but at least we have black and white cars and a new map book coming out in a week !

04-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Will the new map book have the new zone layouts?

04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Has anything really changed with this new chief ?

We still have a chief who is listening to the three idiot captains (capt chaos, Capt personality, and Capt Fire Starter) and making stupid decisions based on their information.

We have no OT (other than the road, with the 4 hours built in),

We have 12 hour shifts,

We have no more training of any kind,

charo is now a detective,

You wanted Lynn, you got Lynn, good luck, all of you will need it, he destroyed Pines and now he is yours.
but at least we have black and white cars and a new map book coming out in a week !

04-26-2008, 05:24 PM
You wanted Lynn, you got Lynn, good luck, all of you will need it, he destroyed Pines and now he is yours.

I love it. Lynn destroyed Pines? Wow! What a powerful guy to single-handedly DESTROY a department!?!?!

Sounds like you're pissed that you wound up with the Ferret and we got a real Chief (you know, one who makes decisions).

Quick story. I once encountered a young man in the area of Sheridan and I-75. He believed he was in Pembroke Pine's jurisdiction, when he was in fact located within the border of the Town of Davie. I was out of my car, on foot when I made contact with him. This young man had quite a poor attitude when he was encountered. A very short time later, my backup unit arrived on scene and pulled up in his/her vehicle. The young man read "DAVIE POLICE" on the side of the car and looked at me with an astonished look on his face. He begrudgingly asked, "Is this Davie?" I replied with a very nice and cordial response, indicating exactly where he was. Amazingly, his attitude changed from a rude one to one of practically begging for forgiveness. He told me that he was extremely sorry for talking to me the way that he did, that he believed he was dealing with a Pines cop and not a Davie cop... True story.

04-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Im confused, that post seems to be a slam of pl, pppd, or a kudos to davie (or all 3) .
Who really cares what he did in pines , it only matters what he does here, maybe he will be good maybe not....he wont be truly judged until hes allowed both time and his own bosses, not those he inherited and will soon fire...

04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
You must admit though, Lynn has a sweet pooper.

05-05-2008, 04:16 AM
I was talking to another officer today and he brought up Leo Affairs. I think this is probably my fifth time logging on this site. The reason I log on is usually when someone tells me about stuff that is said, and I just don't believe them. So I have to fins out for myself.
I understand that people are going to be unhappy about people and other things that they have no control over. I think it's okay to ***** about it they way you want...but only to a point.
I cannot believe that some of you are writting on here, a site that is open to the public about affairs officers/detectives are having. I can tell you from experience, not proud about it and I still regret it years later, causing marriage problems to another family is not a pleasent feeling. What if your comments cause them to divorce? Then what? What about their kids who have to live with the fighting, then separation, and missing out on a complete family.
I know a married person who cheats is wrong. That the cheater should have taught about his family first.... But unless its your spouse that the person is banging, then it really isnt your business. Then when you do post your message, you leave off your name? How fair is that? You start a fight/ marriage problem and walk away. I would have more respect for you if you leave your name. That way the spouse of the cheater can contact you and the truth can be brought out.... But to talk crap and then walk...Thats weak.
Just for the record, my issue isnt if you think the guys should be in VIN or not. God knows I wanted to go there... My issue here is that your comments could cause people their families, if not at least problems.... Trust me you dont wanna be the cause of that.. Peace out and yes this is really 502

05-11-2008, 02:46 AM
"Last night.....I couldn't even get a boner" :devil: