PDA

View Full Version : New payplan should be based upon inflation

03-19-2008, 12:41 PM
I propose the new pay plan be based upon the economy (inflation and deflation). Here is my proposed hourly rate:

(7 * average price of 87 octane gasoline) + (average price a single family home sold for/ 10,000) /2 + number of years of service

The average cost of 87 octane gasoline, and the average price of a single family home sold in Hillsborough county will be recalculate every three months. The average of these two factors will be a major factor in the hourly rate. And recalculating this formula every three months will allow for some stability in income, while also allowing our income to pace inflation and deflation more than once a year.

This formula will allow our salary to fluctuate along with the costs of real estate and gasoline. As the price of gasoline goes up, so will our hourly rate. As the price of gasoline goes down, so will our hourly rate. The same is true with the average price of a single family home.

Example:
July 01 - Sept 30
Average price of 87 octane gas $2.79 (example only)
Average price of single family home in Hillsborough county: $200,000. (example only)

(7 * 2.79) + (200,000 / 10,000) =
(19.53) + (20) =
(39.53)
Now divide this by 2 to get the average = (19.765) and add the number of full years you’ve worked here (we’ll use 3 and 9 as examples)

A deputy who has worked 3 full years will have an hourly rate of $22.76
A deputy who has worked 9 full years will have an hourly rate of $28.76

Top out will be 15 years, an hourly rate of $34.76

If gas goes up $.50 in the next quarter your pay based upon this equation will go up $1.75 an hour. If the average prices of the single family homes sold in Hillsborough county goes down $25,000 then your hourly pay goes down $1.25.

Any suggestions on how to improve this formula are welcome. Please, discuss it and improve it!!!

03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Base our salary on the fluctuation in gas prices? I don't think so Mohamed! You and your idea are retarded. Have you recently suffered blunt trauma to the head?

03-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Whoever posted the above comment just had turn this into a racial issue by calling someone Mohamed :roll:

Basing our salary on inflation is an interesting idea. Also making our salary FLEXIBLE in reltion to inflation is intresting as well. Gas and real estate are two areas which reflect wether our economy is facing inflation or deflation, and they are prices that change daily. I'm sure other area could be factored in as well.

03-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Whoever posted the above comment just had turn this into a racial issue by calling someone Mohamed :roll:

Basing our salary on inflation is an interesting idea. Also making our salary FLEXIBLE in reltion to inflation is intresting as well. Gas and real estate are two areas which reflect wether our economy is facing inflation or deflation, and they are prices that change daily. I'm sure other area could be factored in as well.

What race is Mohamed?

03-19-2008, 05:37 PM

Typical liberal democrat response! You pretend to want race to not be an issue, but you are always the first ones to bring it up.

03-20-2008, 12:28 AM
At least he/she had a suggestion on allowing take home pay to match the rate of inflation. Geeeeeez, from these responses you'd think everyone is happy with the 2005 pay scale. How dare he/she try to improve on it.

03-25-2008, 08:20 AM
YOU ARE NON-UNION EMPLOYEES. YOU WILL NOT GET TOP WAGES. YOU IDIOTS SHOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT WHEN YOU VOTED THE UNION OUT. SHUT UP AND TAKE YOUR LOW PAY. BUT REMEMBER YOU ARE STILL INVITED TO THE PICNIC.

HeyNow
03-25-2008, 08:57 AM
I propose the new pay plan be based upon the economy (inflation and deflation). Here is my proposed hourly rate:

(7 * average price of 87 octane gasoline) + (average price a single family home sold for/ 10,000) /2 + number of years of service

The average cost of 87 octane gasoline, and the average price of a single family home sold in Hillsborough county will be recalculate every three months. The average of these two factors will be a major factor in the hourly rate. And recalculating this formula every three months will allow for some stability in income, while also allowing our income to pace inflation and deflation more than once a year.

This formula will allow our salary to fluctuate along with the costs of real estate and gasoline. As the price of gasoline goes up, so will our hourly rate. As the price of gasoline goes down, so will our hourly rate. The same is true with the average price of a single family home.

Example:
July 01 - Sept 30
Average price of 87 octane gas $2.79 (example only)
Average price of single family home in Hillsborough county: $200,000. (example only)

(7 * 2.79) + (200,000 / 10,000) =
(19.53) + (20) =
(39.53)
Now divide this by 2 to get the average = (19.765) and add the number of full years you’ve worked here (we’ll use 3 and 9 as examples)

A deputy who has worked 3 full years will have an hourly rate of $22.76
A deputy who has worked 9 full years will have an hourly rate of $28.76

Top out will be 15 years, an hourly rate of $34.76

If gas goes up $.50 in the next quarter your pay based upon this equation will go up $1.75 an hour. If the average prices of the single family homes sold in Hillsborough county goes down $25,000 then your hourly pay goes down $1.25.

Any suggestions on how to improve this formula are welcome. Please, discuss it and improve it!!!

Won't the inflation rate effect the Sheriff's budget and therefore take away the possibility of the fluctuating salary theory?

The budget is effected by inflation as well and you can only plan for X amount of variation when you are planning a budget.

Great to see someone is thinking outside the box, but in my opinion, this proposal has some flaws.

Hcso Deputy
03-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm glad somebody is thinking about our pay. Still nothing from the office other than a memo stating that the iceman is working on it. They have had how long to work on it now? When did negotiations start? They should have been working on it since the begining of negotiations if they cared about it.

03-26-2008, 04:59 PM
IT APPEARS SOME OF YOU MORONS STILL DON'T GET IT. YOU WILL, IF YOU'RE LUCKY, GET A VERY SMALL RAISE. THE SHERIFF HAS BEEN WORKING ON HOW TO DEFEAT THE UNION, NOT ON YOUR PAY RAISE. YOU PUNKS FOLDED WAY TOO EASY. YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT STATEWIDE. IF YOU ARE STILL LIVING IN YOUR DREAM WORLD THEN THE SHERIFF WILL HOOK YOU UP WITH A NICE RAISE. WAKE UP MORONS. ENJOY YOUR LOW WAGES.

03-26-2008, 05:57 PM
IT APPEARS SOME OF YOU MORONS STILL DON'T GET IT. YOU WILL, IF YOU'RE LUCKY, GET A VERY SMALL RAISE. THE SHERIFF HAS BEEN WORKING ON HOW TO DEFEAT THE UNION, NOT ON YOUR PAY RAISE. YOU PUNKS FOLDED WAY TOO EASY. YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT STATEWIDE. IF YOU ARE STILL LIVING IN YOUR DREAM WORLD THEN THE SHERIFF WILL HOOK YOU UP WITH A NICE RAISE. WAKE UP MORONS. ENJOY YOUR LOW WAGES.

We are sick of your union garbage. You were soundly trounced in the vote.

You've heard this many times --- if you don't like it here just go away. We decided we didn't want the union, no matter what. Get it?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l14/el_boxer/Go-Away-Dont_go_mad.jpg

03-27-2008, 12:44 PM
[quote="ONCE AGAIN":rou5kb3z]IT APPEARS SOME OF YOU MORONS STILL DON'T GET IT. YOU WILL, IF YOU'RE LUCKY, GET A VERY SMALL RAISE. THE SHERIFF HAS BEEN WORKING ON HOW TO DEFEAT THE UNION, NOT ON YOUR PAY RAISE. YOU PUNKS FOLDED WAY TOO EASY. YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT STATEWIDE. IF YOU ARE STILL LIVING IN YOUR DREAM WORLD THEN THE SHERIFF WILL HOOK YOU UP WITH A NICE RAISE. WAKE UP MORONS. ENJOY YOUR LOW WAGES.

We are sick of your union garbage. You were soundly trounced in the vote.

You've heard this many times --- if you don't like it here just go away. We decided we didn't want the union, no matter what. Get it?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l14/el_boxer/Go-Away-Dont_go_mad.jpg[/quote:rou5kb3z]

If YoU dO nOt LiKe It LeAvE, gReAt OrIgInAl IdEa. I gUeSs ThE tRuTh HuRtS? gEe CoUlD nOt HoLd HaRrY'S jOcK.

03-27-2008, 04:00 PM
WhAt ThE h, oH mY gOSH, i thOUghT yOu wEnT aWAy. i sEE yOu StILl hAVe a nASty aTTiTuDe. yOu aRe pATheTIc!

03-27-2008, 04:46 PM
WhAt ThE h, oH mY gOSH, i thOUghT yOu wEnT aWAy. i sEE yOu StILl hAVe a nASty aTTiTuDe. yOu aRe pATheTIc!

Yo MaMa, I gUeSs If I Do NoT tHiNk LiKe YoU, tHeN i Am PaThEtIc? LoVe Ya!

03-30-2008, 01:48 AM
interesting idea.... but that means if gas decreased in price, your wage would go down, and you are good with that?

maybe a concrete base pay, and some type of "housing/living allowance" or something that could fluctuate

03-30-2008, 07:35 AM
"interesting idea.... but that means if gas decreased in price, your wage would go down, and you are good with that? "

This theory is based upon pay matching inflation/deflation. Gas and Real estate are just two areas that reflect inflation/deflation, but these are probably the two areas the affect us the most.

So if the prices of gas and/or real estate go down, I'm good with our pay going down, because we will not have as much comming out of our pockets.

This idea is reflected in the fact that areas in th U.S. with higher costs of living (i.e. New York http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=nypd+po ... York%2C+NY (http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=nypd+police+officer&l1=New+York%2C+NY)), havie higher salaries, for the same job.