PDA

View Full Version : Alan Berkowitz

03-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting the sheriff and Alan Berkowitz at Century Village Pemboke Pines last week. I was unaware that according to Alan that he (Alan) is the new undersheriff.
I am surprised that the sheriff would pick a person with no police experience for such a powerful position. How many other people has he placed into positions that have no experience and bring nothing to the table and make huge salaries...
This is beginning to make us taxpapers wonder if the interim sheriff is giving political paybacks to his supporters, yet he states " I'm not a politician I'm a cop". Looks like he's a politician to me..

03-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Come up with something better than that.....

03-18-2008, 08:08 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting the sheriff and Alan Berkowitz at Century Village Pemboke Pines last week. I was unaware that according to Alan that he (Alan) is the new undersheriff.
I am surprised that the sheriff would pick a person with no police experience for such a powerful position. How many other people has he placed into positions that have no experience and bring nothing to the table and make huge salaries...
This is beginning to make us taxpapers wonder if the interim sheriff is giving political paybacks to his supporters, yet he states " I'm not a politician I'm a cop". Looks like he's a politician to me..

You're kidding right. Alan doesn't work for the Office of the Sheriff

03-18-2008, 08:16 PM

That's not what he's saying.. Maybe he does and you just don't know it..

03-18-2008, 11:32 PM

Is this the same clown from the 10-13 club?????

That's not what he's saying.. Maybe he does and you just don't know it..

03-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey I heard that Lemack and Isreal are working UC for BSO.... Brickman is the street ho CI.

03-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Hey I heard that Lemack and Isreal are working UC for BSO.... Brickman is the street ho CI.

Be nice ALAN!!!!!

03-19-2008, 12:25 AM

Ya right.

03-19-2008, 12:26 AM
LMAO..soooo true.

03-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Is this the same clown from the 10-13 club?????

Yes, he is the President who is about to get ousted..

03-19-2008, 09:45 AM
And you wonder were Lame-berti gets it from?
Take a look at this.. Like Father like Son....

Posted on Tue, Mar. 18, 2008
Crist names aide's wife to state post
BY GARY FINEOUT
Gov. Charlie Crist has appointed the wife of one of his top aides to a nearly $100,000-a-year state job, a move that is drawing charges of favoritism.
Crist named Sara Gonzalez earlier this month to take over the state office responsible for hearing state worker complaints and watching over Florida's public employee unions.

Gonzalez, the wife of Crist's recently hired general counsel, Jason Gonzalez, was working as a physician's assistant at a dermatology office in Tallahassee. Her appointment as the new chairman of the Public Employees Relations Commission breaks with a 33-year-old tradition of having an attorney in charge of the office.

Gonzalez's appointment has come under fire from one of her fellow commission members, who questions her experience as well as whether she will have a conflict of interest on many of the cases before the commission. For example, the union that represents most rank-and-file state workers has battled the governor's office in front of the commission.

''I am very upset with this appointment,'' said Charles Kossuth, a former union president and labor negotiator who was first appointed to the commission by former Gov. Jeb Bush in 2001. ``I cannot imagine, other than her husband's connection to the governor, the reason she was picked for the job.''

In February, Crist hired Jason Gonzalez, a lawyer with the Tallahassee firm of Ausley & McMullen and general counsel for the Republican Party of Florida, as his general counsel at a salary of $130,000 a year. On March 7, he appointed Sara Gonzalez to succeed Donna Maggert Poole, the wife of former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Van Poole, as commission chairman.

Sara Gonzalez said Tuesday that her ''job application'' and her husband's job with Crist are ''two totally separate matters.'' She said there is nothing in state law that requires the chairman to have a law degree and pointed out that her husband does not directly supervise any state employees who are allowed to take job disputes to the commission.

''I was appointed to this position because the governor values my private independent management experience,'' said Gonzalez, who said she oversaw eight employees at Dermatology Advanced Care.

The Public Employees Relations Commission is a somewhat obscure state office first set up in 1975. The three commissioners hear appeals from workers who have been suspended or fired, and the office also resolves disputes involving public employee unions.

State law says that those appointed to the commission should be ''known for their objective and independent judgment'' and that only one member can have a union background or have represented an employer.

On Tuesday, Kossuth wrote a letter to Crist asking that he ''reconsider'' Gonzalez's appointment to the job, which pays $97,744 a year. If confirmed by the state Senate, her term would last four years.

Erin Isaac, a spokeswoman for Crist, defended the selection.

''Governor Crist prioritizes integrity, honesty and character when making appointments,'' Isaac said. ``Sara is no exception, and the governor is confident she will serve the people well.''

03-19-2008, 01:22 PM
That appointment is as big of a joke as Tom Wheeler

03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Berkowitz? Son of Sam?

03-19-2008, 03:03 PM

"I am surprised that the sheriff would pick a person with no police experience for such a powerful position."

Hey balen, I mean murray, You need to do some research. First he was a police officer and he's helped many many police officers who have been severely injured on and off duty, not like your PBA or sheriff's office. Another thing he's not collecting a salary. Sad how you bash a real supporter of law enforcement officers.

03-19-2008, 06:07 PM

Hey balen, I mean murray, You need to do some research. First he was a police officer and he's helped many many police officers who have been severely injured on and off duty, not like your PBA or sheriff's office. Another thing he's not collecting a salary. Sad how you bash a real supporter of law enforcement officers.

03-19-2008, 07:52 PM

Too bad you guy's really don't know Alan. Alan is a retired Police Detective and the President of the Broward County 10-13 Club. This club is made up of retired NYPD officers. Ousting Alan as their President is a joke! Please don't make us laugh. If Alan was a BSO Deputy believe me, he could run against Brickman and beat him! I for one would vote for him. BSO is lucking to have a guy like him associated with the Sheriff's Office. Alan has helped many members of our agency when the PBA stood by and did nothing! He is the real deal an honest and a caring person. I hope Sheriff Lamberti makes Alan his Under Sheriff. This would be one of the finest days in BSO history! This would be one of the smartest moves Sheriff Lamberti could make!

03-19-2008, 08:31 PM

Too bad you guy's really don't know Alan. Alan is a retired Police Detective and the President of the Broward County 10-13 Club. This club is made up of retired NYPD officers. Ousting Alan as their President is a joke! Please don't make us laugh. If Alan was a BSO Deputy believe me, he could run against Brickman and beat him! I for one would vote for him. BSO is lucking to have a guy like him associated with the Sheriff's Office. Alan has helped many members of our agency when the PBA stood by and did nothing! He is the real deal an honest and a caring person. I hope Sheriff Lamberti makes Alan his Under Sheriff. This would be one of the finest days in BSO history! This would be one of the smartest moves Sheriff Lamberti could make!Another New Yorker who forgot where they came. 10-13 club is a fraud just like its president. they back the wrong people for a benefit. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he destroyed the nypd. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he gave several years of zeroes for heroes. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he stole from our pension and medical fund to a point that we had to take him to court. for special favors thats why. sound familiar. back lamberti for a bso appointment. back lamberti for future special favors. don't forget why we left new york. to get away from the lamberti's of the world. go ahead, bash me, but those are the facts. and don't forget giuliani's great appointment as police commish. BERNARD KERIK. or is that a lie? oh forgot, its ken jenne's fault that kerik was second in charge.

03-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Alan is for Alan.. As long as he has something to gain, he will be standing next to Lame-berti like a tick on a dog...
We all know that Alan is trying to sell the 10-13 club on Lame-berti but that will never happen, as long as I have memories of my dear friend and partner Sonny in my heart, I will do what ever I can to stop this piece of sh#t Alan and support the real man for Sheriff Scott Israel..

03-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Too bad you guy's really don't know Alan. Alan is a retired Police Detective and the President of the Broward County 10-13 Club. This club is made up of retired NYPD officers. Ousting Alan as their President is a joke! Please don't make us laugh. If Alan was a BSO Deputy believe me, he could run against Brickman and beat him! I for one would vote for him. BSO is lucking to have a guy like him associated with the Sheriff's Office. Alan has helped many members of our agency when the PBA stood by and did nothing! He is the real deal an honest and a caring person. I hope Sheriff Lamberti makes Alan his Under Sheriff. This would be one of the finest days in BSO history! This would be one of the smartest moves Sheriff Lamberti could make![/quote]

Too bad you guy's really don't know Alan. Alan is a retired Police Detective and the President of the Broward County 10-13 Club.

Know him??? He was a transit cop that everyone called the WORM, I see why he got nickname now...

03-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Another New Yorker who forgot where they came. 10-13 club is a fraud just like its president. they back the wrong people for a benefit. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he destroyed the nypd. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he gave several years of zeroes for heroes. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he stole from our pension and medical fund to a point that we had to take him to court. for special favors thats why. sound familiar. back lamberti for a bso appointment. back lamberti for future special favors. don't forget why we left new york. to get away from the lamberti's of the world. go ahead, bash me, but those are the facts. and don't forget giuliani's great appointment as police commish. BERNARD KERIK. or is that a lie? oh forgot, its ken jenne's fault that kerik was second in charge.[/quote]

Obviously you have no idea what the 10-13 club does, 10-13 club actual has helped more active and retired NYPD and Florida LEO's then your great PBA and Sheriff's Office has ever in the history of the PBA or the Sheriff's Office. That's a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
I met Mr. Berkowitz at the PSB cafeteria and he treated all of us new hires with respect. The man really was kind and considerate. I don't what smear campaign this is or witchhunt.

03-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Alan is for Alan.. As long as he has something to gain, he will be standing next to Lame-berti like a tick on a dog...
We all know that Alan is trying to sell the 10-13 club on Lame-berti but that will never happen, as long as I have memories of my dear friend and partner Sonny in my heart, I will do what ever I can to stop this piece of sh#t Alan and support the real man for Sheriff Scott Israel..

I agree, Alan should hang his head in shame..

03-19-2008, 09:08 PM
[quote="Murray Schmeckel":3ldn95ax]I had the pleasure of meeting the sheriff and Alan Berkowitz at Century Village Pemboke Pines last week. I was unaware that according to Alan that he (Alan) is the new undersheriff.

Too bad you guy's really don't know Alan. Alan is a retired Police Detective and the President of the Broward County 10-13 Club. This club is made up of retired NYPD officers. Ousting Alan as their President is a joke! Please don't make us laugh. If Alan was a BSO Deputy believe me, he could run against Brickman and beat him! I for one would vote for him. BSO is lucking to have a guy like him associated with the Sheriff's Office. Alan has helped many members of our agency when the PBA stood by and did nothing! He is the real deal an honest and a caring person. I hope Sheriff Lamberti makes Alan his Under Sheriff. This would be one of the finest days in BSO history! This would be one of the smartest moves Sheriff Lamberti could make!Another New Yorker who forgot where they came. 10-13 club is a fraud just like its president. they back the wrong people for a benefit. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he destroyed the nypd. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he gave several years of zeroes for heroes. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he stole from our pension and medical fund to a point that we had to take him to court. for special favors thats why. sound familiar. back lamberti for a bso appointment. back lamberti for future special favors. don't forget why we left new york. to get away from the lamberti's of the world. go ahead, bash me, but those are the facts. and don't forget giuliani's great appointment as police commish. BERNARD KERIK. or is that a lie? oh forgot, its ken jenne's fault that kerik was second in charge.[/quote:3ldn95ax]

Actual Dinkins ruined the NYPD with R. Kelly get the truth out

03-19-2008, 09:14 PM

I 2nd that...

03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
[quote="Murray Schmeckel":njjnzfwk]I had the pleasure of meeting the sheriff and Alan Berkowitz at Century Village Pemboke Pines last week. I was unaware that according to Alan that he (Alan) is the new undersheriff.

Too bad you guy's really don't know Alan. Alan is a retired Police Detective and the President of the Broward County 10-13 Club. This club is made up of retired NYPD officers. Ousting Alan as their President is a joke! Please don't make us laugh. If Alan was a BSO Deputy believe me, he could run against Brickman and beat him! I for one would vote for him. BSO is lucking to have a guy like him associated with the Sheriff's Office. Alan has helped many members of our agency when the PBA stood by and did nothing! He is the real deal an honest and a caring person. I hope Sheriff Lamberti makes Alan his Under Sheriff. This would be one of the finest days in BSO history! This would be one of the smartest moves Sheriff Lamberti could make!Another New Yorker who forgot where they came. 10-13 club is a fraud just like its president. they back the wrong people for a benefit. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he destroyed the nypd. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he gave several years of zeroes for heroes. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he stole from our pension and medical fund to a point that we had to take him to court. for special favors thats why. sound familiar. back lamberti for a bso appointment. back lamberti for future special favors. don't forget why we left new york. to get away from the lamberti's of the world. go ahead, bash me, but those are the facts. and don't forget giuliani's great appointment as police commish. BERNARD KERIK. or is that a lie? oh forgot, its ken jenne's fault that kerik was second in charge.[/quote:njjnzfwk]

Actually Giuliani appointed Bratton, Safir and then Kerik but what does that have to do with the 10-13 club? we're in Florida and it's a club that assists retired members of the service. what the hell you talking about? zeros for heros look what bloomberg and every other mayor has done to the job. This is crap propaganda to bash ex-nypd guys, you're a real fraud, that's not what ex-nypd guys do.

03-19-2008, 09:17 PM

I 2nd that...

good job scott, but you were never a cop in ny.

03-19-2008, 09:20 PM

I 2nd that...

good job scott, but you were never a cop in ny.

obviously you weren't either, because if you were you would understand the post, nice try Al....

03-19-2008, 09:23 PM
[quote="Murray Schmeckel":1l0g3ijx]I had the pleasure of meeting the sheriff and Alan Berkowitz at Century Village Pemboke Pines last week. I was unaware that according to Alan that he (Alan) is the new undersheriff.

Too bad you guy's really don't know Alan. Alan is a retired Police Detective and the President of the Broward County 10-13 Club. This club is made up of retired NYPD officers. Ousting Alan as their President is a joke! Please don't make us laugh. If Alan was a BSO Deputy believe me, he could run against Brickman and beat him! I for one would vote for him. BSO is lucking to have a guy like him associated with the Sheriff's Office. Alan has helped many members of our agency when the PBA stood by and did nothing! He is the real deal an honest and a caring person. I hope Sheriff Lamberti makes Alan his Under Sheriff. This would be one of the finest days in BSO history! This would be one of the smartest moves Sheriff Lamberti could make!Another New Yorker who forgot where they came. 10-13 club is a fraud just like its president. they back the wrong people for a benefit. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he destroyed the nypd. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he gave several years of zeroes for heroes. why did the 10-13 club back giuliani after he stole from our pension and medical fund to a point that we had to take him to court. for special favors thats why. sound familiar. back lamberti for a bso appointment. back lamberti for future special favors. don't forget why we left new york. to get away from the lamberti's of the world. go ahead, bash me, but those are the facts. and don't forget giuliani's great appointment as police commish. BERNARD KERIK. or is that a lie? oh forgot, its ken jenne's fault that kerik was second in charge.

Actually Giuliani appointed Bratton, Safir and then Kerik but what does that have to do with the 10-13 club? we're in Florida and it's a club that assists retired members of the service. what the hell you talking about? zeros for heros look what bloomberg and every other mayor has done to the job. This is crap propaganda to bash ex-nypd guys, you're a real fraud, that's not what ex-nypd guys do.[/quote:1l0g3ijx]ITS BLOOMBERGS FAULT, ITS DINKINS FAULTS, ITS THE PBA'S FAULT, AND ITS JENNE'S FAULT. DID GIULIANI STEAL FROM OUR PENSION OR NOT? WHY ELSE WOULD THE 10-13 CLUB BACK THIS CRIMINAL?

03-19-2008, 10:48 PM
[quote=RetiredNYPDActiveBSO][quote="Murray Schmeckel":1bnk9x2v]I had the pleasure of meeting the sheriff and Alan Berkowitz at Century Village Pemboke Pines last week. I was unaware that according to Alan that he (Alan) is the new undersheriff.

Actually Giuliani appointed Bratton, Safir and then Kerik but what does that have to do with the 10-13 club? we're in Florida and it's a club that assists retired members of the service. what the hell you talking about? zeros for heros look what bloomberg and every other mayor has done to the job. This is crap propaganda to bash ex-nypd guys, you're a real fraud, that's not what ex-nypd guys do.[/quote:1bnk9x2v]ITS BLOOMBERGS FAULT, ITS DINKINS FAULTS, ITS THE PBA'S FAULT, AND ITS JENNE'S FAULT. DID GIULIANI STEAL FROM OUR PENSION OR NOT? WHY ELSE WOULD THE 10-13 CLUB BACK THIS CRIMINAL?[/quote:1bnk9x2v]

Hey sister get your facts straight. The 10-13 club was holding an event and Rudy requested to be there to speak just like so many Democrat and Republican candidates do.

03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Know him??? He was a transit cop that everyone called the WORM, I see why he got nickname now...[/quote]

Was he really a TRANSIT cop? is that the same as a housing authority cop?
My how he forgets to mention this great achievement in his life.
Maybe thats why he is always with Al, He must be coordinating the transportation aspect of campaigning...
Nice touch Alan...

03-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Know him??? He was a transit cop that everyone called the WORM, I see why he got nickname now...

Maybe thats why he is always with Al, He must be coordinating the transportation aspect of campaigning...
Nice touch Alan...[/quote]

Alans a great guy! Where does this bashing come from?

03-22-2008, 12:56 AM

Nice touch Alan...

Alans a great guy! Where does this bashing come from?[/quote]

He's a Toilet that won't flush..