PDA

View Full Version : Union

03-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Like is was a strong union to start with?

03-18-2008, 03:43 PM
I believe it takes time to become a "strong" union so i personally am not worried how strong it is right this minute. But I i am wondering about tpd and the others separating, what are we in for ?

03-20-2008, 08:08 PM
what are we in for? High dues..........thats obvious.

Pitch Black
03-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Just to make sure I understand all the whiners correctly, you would rather work for 25 years or to age 52 (employees hired after Oct 2003) and only receive a 40% pension (+-)??? Thanks to LPD voting on our new contract we improved our salary and pension benifits. Be a little patient and things will work out.
We have not paid additional monthly dues yet. Don't be mislead by the negative minded nay-sayers. Dues may eventually increase a little anyway but it would be well worth the investment.
Keep informed with your PBA Reps, not the rumor mill!

03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Just to make sure I understand all the whiners correctly, you would rather work for 25 years or to age 52 (employees hired after Oct 2003) and only receive a 40% pension (+-)??? Thanks to LPD voting on our new contract we improved our salary and pension benifits. Be a little patient and things will work out.
We have not paid additional monthly dues yet. Don't be mislead by the negative minded nay-sayers. Dues may eventually increase a little anyway but it would be well worth the investment.

Yeah, I wonder how much the building rent, travel expenses, and Rep dining will go up?

03-21-2008, 09:57 PM
If you do not like it or want your meals paid for RUN FOR PBA REP.
Do not sit behind your computer and CRY and try to make everyone upset and miserable like you. Be a positive example of what LPD can be (and was) make the changes yourself.

The longest journey starts with the first steps.

03-22-2008, 04:56 AM
FOP

03-22-2008, 08:45 PM
If you do not like it or want your meals paid for RUN FOR PBA REP.
Do not sit behind your computer and CRY and try to make everyone upset and miserable like you. Be a positive example of what LPD can be (and was) make the changes yourself.

The longest journey starts with the first steps.

LPD will never rise to the top again until a lot of people retire and move on.

03-23-2008, 01:18 AM

Excellent suggestion. I did just that. I went to the WCFPBA site and there is NO information about how much the dues are going up. On member told one group at lunch that our dues were going to have to go up and we should monitor the web site for information.

WHERE IS THE INFORMATION.......

Why do we have to pay more because of HCSO?