PDA

View Full Version : A "No Vote"

03-17-2008, 08:06 PM
FLPD did a No Vote of Confidence on the Mayor and the City Manager.* See the link below for the article.http://www.miamiherald.com/466/story/459919.htmlDoes anyone think we will be in that same position if the Sheriff and the union (Us) do not come to an agreement about the contract before Nov 2008 (election).* In reality if the sheriff does not agree or come to a descent contract for us it would mean....?* let me know what everyone thinks.* I think an impasse doesnt do a damn think...it makes our contract issue public and I dont think that would do a thing...unless we (PBA & members) make it ugly, billboards, pickets, ralleys near the port/airport/county commision meetings, etc.........

03-17-2008, 08:32 PM
DISAGREE!!!!!

I assume you are talking about a vote of no-confidence. While I would love to get a raise already, What does not getting a raise have to do with the employees of B.S.O. having no confidence in the Sheriff to perform his duties as Sheriff????? One thing has nothing to do with the other.

On a further note where was the vote of no confidence when Ken Jenne was our Sheriff, he was committing felony after felony, and no-one ever asked for a vote of no confidence.

03-17-2008, 08:57 PM
DISAGREE!!!!!

I assume you are talking about a vote of no-confidence. While I would love to get a raise already, What does not getting a raise have to do with the employees of B.S.O. having no confidence in the Sheriff to perform his duties as Sheriff????? One thing has nothing to do with the other.

On a further note where was the vote of no confidence when Ken Jenne was our Sheriff, he was committing felony after felony, and no-one ever asked for a vote of no confidence.

At least Ken gave us raise!!!!

03-17-2008, 10:20 PM
I think alot of people would think you are wrong. If the Sheriff continues to tell the members he cant give us 5% because he has no money...and his budget (per his words) has money, it seems that him possibly, "possibly" not telling the truth, (I know say it aint so, a politician lying to his people), I would have no faith/confidence in him to do the job. IS that being greedy..maybe so......like in Jenne, where would it go from there and where would it end?

03-17-2008, 10:55 PM
I think alot of people would think you are wrong. If the Sheriff continues to tell the members he cant give us 5% because he has no money...and his budget (per his words) has money, it seems that him possibly, "possibly" not telling the truth, (I know say it aint so, a politician lying to his people), I would have no faith/confidence in him to do the job. IS that being greedy..maybe so......like in Jenne, where would it go from there and where would it end?

You f .. k i n g crybabies enough already. We make a lot of money and have great benefits. Yeah I would like a raise but how practical is that right now? You can't expect for the Sheriff to give you what he doesn’t have right now. Let’s assume the commission cut the budget by 75 - 100 million. How in the hell is he going to give you 5% next year? Where does he cut? Does he lay off deputies just so you can have your raise? I know we can cut a lot of the fluff positions around here but it won't come close to covering the 5% for deputies and sergeants. Why not just wait until after the budget process is done? Do you really think a no confidence vote or having another sheriff is going to make a difference? You were obviously not around for Cochran. And before you say at least he gave us a raise (3%) like Jenne, the work conditions around here totally sucked. At least we know with this guy that the environment is a good one.

“Show me the money” Grow the f up, do your job, stop crying, and you’ll get paid!

03-17-2008, 11:28 PM
FLPD did a No Vote of Confidence on the Mayor and the City Manager.* See the link below for the article.http://www.miamiherald.com/466/story/459919.htmlDoes anyone think we will be in that same position if the Sheriff and the union (Us) do not come to an agreement about the contract before Nov 2008 (election).* In reality if the sheriff does not agree or come to a descent contract for us it would mean....?* let me know what everyone thinks.* I think an impasse doesnt do a darn think...it makes our contract issue public and I dont think that would do a thing...unless we (PBA & members) make it ugly, billboards, pickets, ralleys near the port/airport/county commision meetings, etc......... Definitely DISAGREE ! Listen, since 2008, 85000 additional pepole went on unemployment, I know pepole in other county, state and private sector jobs that don't make nearly what BSO makes with far less bennies. I know, we wear guns, but we CHOSE to wear guns. It is best to keep doing the job and win the support of the people, it wasn't that long ago that all the public read was we played with the numbers, false confessions, Hollywood cops going to jail, corrupt sheriff goes to jail, etc, etc and it isn't all fair or right but we all get painted with a broad brush and do you think the general public sees a difference between us, Miami-Dade cops getting busted, Hollywood cops, etc, they think all cops are corrupt anyway so don't come across as greedy, we will just ostresize the public, excuse the misspelled words, fat fingers.

03-18-2008, 12:41 AM
[quote="Agree or Disagree?":3c5og5pj]FLPD did a No Vote of Confidence on the Mayor and the City Manager.* See the link below for the article.http://www.miamiherald.com/466/story/459919.htmlDoes anyone think we will be in that same position if the Sheriff and the union (Us) do not come to an agreement about the contract before Nov 2008 (election).* In reality if the sheriff does not agree or come to a descent contract for us it would mean....?* let me know what everyone thinks.* I think an impasse doesnt do a darn think...it makes our contract issue public and I dont think that would do a thing...unless we (PBA & members) make it ugly, billboards, pickets, ralleys near the port/airport/county commision meetings, etc......... Definitely DISAGREE ! Listen, since 2008, 85000 additional pepole went on unemployment, I know pepole in other county, state and private sector jobs that don't make nearly what BSO makes with far less bennies. I know, we wear guns, but we CHOSE to wear guns. It is best to keep doing the job and win the support of the people, it wasn't that long ago that all the public read was we played with the numbers, false confessions, Hollywood cops going to jail, corrupt sheriff goes to jail, etc, etc and it isn't all fair or right but we all get painted with a broad brush and do you think the general public sees a difference between us, Miami-Dade cops getting busted, Hollywood cops, etc, they think all cops are corrupt anyway so don't come across as greedy, we will just ostresize the public, excuse the misspelled words, fat fingers.[/quote:3c5og5pj]7-1/2 months and Lamberti and the boys will be gone, CAN'T WAIT.

03-18-2008, 12:53 AM
DISAGREE!!!!!

Yeah right......Brickman was given permission by Ken to give us our last pay CUT.

03-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Who said the budget had to be cut $75-100 mil??? It was reported in the paper between $20-25 mil and we gave back $17 mil last year. I think we still have enough money in the budget for a raise.

03-18-2008, 02:15 AM
DISAGREE!!!!!

Are you F-ing crazy? He gave us what? He took away more than he gave. How many of your union brothers don't have a job because of that slimeball? You are twisted.