PDA

View Full Version : Screwed Without a Reacharound

03-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Whats with Tallahassee now? everyone in FPP knew Peters was a sure win for LT. He certenly has the most qualifications and years. Don't help morale at all, you know? Bringin in BEI of all people. I heard there was a deal with BEI made. that's all makes sense. Why else hire oscar who had been turned down how many times now?? It ain't right.

03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah, man. Officers all over the state are in shock. That's Tally for you. I thought the new chief and AD were better people than to let that happen. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone. I know several people who are so pissed off about it that they're seriously seeking employment elsewhere. If we all left at the same time that would jab 'em all and break it off inside.

03-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. It's ridiculous and insulting to us all. How many FPP have applied to BEI and been turned down over the years? ALL OF THEM. Including the dip*^&% in Panama City. I have it on good authority he didn't get the job (go figure!!) and then all of a sudden they called back and gave it to him. Next thing we know BEI is the new FPP LT. Tell me that wasnt' politiccs and a bunch of bull. I don't know Peters, but I know he moved all the way up there from the Keys (from the Office of the Year blurb). That's a long way to uproot family and expensive to move if there wasn't a good reason. It seems because of someone's pet BOY, he got screwed. No matter what, that's not ok.

03-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, we all know how rumors are. Flying off at the handle doesn't help anyone. You're right about one thing, though. All over the state people are in shock.

03-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Let me get this right, since this happened in Tally., people are upset? Well, well, welcome to the rest of the state!

How many FPP Officers in the "rest" of the state have gone on numerous interviews with BEI and have gotten denied over and over again. How many FPP officers have more time and far more experience than the people that were "appointed" to Corporals? Why do 2 of the districts refuse to allow their officers to work with other agencies even after they were told to do so by Tally?

So now that people in Tally are upset that the good guy got screwed,and they are actively looking for other employment? Join the rest of us! Broken promises time and time again. Maybe I was just too gullible to actually believe what was being said by Tally. I still haven't met Director Barnet, Chief Griffin, or any of the support staff yet. I still haven't had any opportunity for schools, overtime, or off duty.

Long story short here boys and girls, life does exist outside of Tally. Let Tally deal with their mistakes, if they admit to them. Or better yet, they can just retire and everything will go away. After all it is all about them.

Put a fork in me....I'm done. :(

03-17-2008, 09:33 PM
There are no promotional opportunities in this agency. Not really. It really aggravates me that the corporals were all offered the senior leadership class in Tallahassee. Pair this with all of their ride alongs with the investigative units of the local S.O 's and you have a fast track to a LT's spot.
The corporals positon was touted as a "non supervisory" postion. They said it was administrative only. Guess that is another long line of bull passed down by Tallahassee. Why would the corporals need or be offered this class if they are not supervisors? Tell me that.

They are grooming them to step into the Lt.'s positions whenever they retire. We were fools to believe anything else.

So, you can add this to the list of things we have been screwed on.

03-18-2008, 02:18 PM
The reason the Corporals were hand picked for the position is simple: The brass wants this agency to stay status quo. No moving forward, no trying to make this agency anything more than what it is: Babysitting tourists at state parks.

The sad part is that this agency can be so much more. Even if we don't want to step any toes with our authority, we can work with county,city and other state agencies to help them better understand what exactly we do. If I had a nickel for everytime another offcier/deputy has asked me who I am and what I do, I would be very wealthy! Does it really have to be like that? No. Just another example of my agency verses your agency, instead of my agency working with your agency. AKA the good old boy system.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with the agency. I enjoy my job tremendously. I enjoy everyone I work with. I enjoy where I work. But, I don't enjoy micromanagement. I don't enjoy being treated like an idiot from the brass, I do in fact have a good head on my shoulders. I don't enjoy being treated like a park ranger from the brass, I will talk to the public, but don't expect me to be a park ranger.

I guess the old saying of "what they don't know won't hurt them" is very true here. "out of sight, out of mind" could be more appropriate.

03-18-2008, 11:02 PM
It's not about it just now happening in Tally so "everyone's upset". It is about us all constantly getting screwed while brass sits around

03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Look, I'm sorry what happened to your guy up there. I don't know him, but I Do know Oscar. And I know he's been passed along many times b/c he's so stupid. If a good guy did get pushed aside for him, something HAD to be done (a deal). Trust me. You should look into it. IG anyone?????

03-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Really? I do not know Oscar except in passing, but he only did what anyone else would have done(especially those of you bashing him) if you had been offered the position. There is precious little opportunity in this agency to move up the ladder. You have to take what you are offered. I doubt that if there was a deal( and there probably was) that he was even invited to the meeting.
Come on, do we really need to criticize each other that way? Those of us that actually have our "boots on the ground",including BEI, are all in the same boat. All of our fates rest in the hands of a chosen few in Tallahassee. Give the guy a break. We take enough criticism daily from the general public. Let's not attack each other.

03-20-2008, 10:56 PM
I thought we got rid of the old Elmer Fudd crap when people started disappearing (and for damn good reason!!). It appears not. I personally won't "give Oscar a break" b/c it's wrong and by now he HAS to know he couldn't possibly have honestly outshadowed anyone. A decent MAN would humbly step down. He doesn't have any REAL street experience (a few years at Quincy PD in no way stacks up--especially to Peter who has almost 30!!!!!!! Add it up, folks--military, SWAT, city, county, state....). Of course, the idiots who put him there (and yes, I mean PUT HIM THERE) weren't reall street cops, either. Fat Arkin wouldn't have even made LT if it weren't for Elmer Fudd and he NEVER should've made Capt. The new "chief" (in title ONLY) may have a few TPD years, but he's been sitting behind a desk so long at IG he forgot what real laws are and what can and can't be legally done (officer preference doesn't work for every case). He's rude, crude and doesn't deserve the position (esp as quick as it was GIVEN to him by guess who another IG person). What happened to promoting from within email??? That should mean FPP FIRST, then other bureaus. They've really made their bed now. This regime wont' go far with the troops. What few MAY have had any respect for them just jumped ship.

03-21-2008, 12:43 AM
I think Peters is an outstanding guy and a phenomenal officer. However, I agree with the statement that someone else made, that Oscar is taking what is offered because it was his only oprion to move up.
The part about being a "MAN" and stepping down sounds great in theory. Those of us with wives and children know how hard it is to feed them, cloth them pay for school field trips on the salary that we make. It is hard even for the people with no kids. So, you take it when it is offered.
I seriously doubt, that anyone, even you Dumbfounded,would not take a raise if offered because you thought someone else was more qualified.
If you are that kind of person, then you are one of the few that are left.

I feel awful for Peters, as well as, sad and infuriated about what that decision means for the direction of our agency. I really would have liked to have seen someone from patrol in those positions. I do think it is wrong.

With all that said, I do understand why Oscar took it.

03-21-2008, 02:31 AM
I think Peters is an outstanding guy and a phenomenal officer. However, I agree with the statement that someone else made, that Oscar is taking what is offered because it was his only oprion to move up.
The part about being a "MAN" and stepping down sounds great in theory. Those of us with wives and children know how hard it is to feed them, cloth them pay for school field trips on the salary that we make. It is hard even for the people with no kids. So, you take it when it is offered.
I seriously doubt, that anyone, even you Dumbfounded,would not take a raise if offered because you thought someone else was more qualified.
If you are that kind of person, then you are one of the few that are left.

I feel awful for Peters, as well as, sad and infuriated about what that decision means for the direction of our agency. I really would have liked to have seen someone from patrol in those positions. I do think it is wrong.

With all that said, I do understand why Oscar took it.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Your response is exactly the same way I feel.

I have been screwed for the last time with this agency. It isn't because of this particular incident, but what has happened to me and others in the short time that I have wasted, yes I said wasted, here.

Without going into specific details, I thought that things were going to change for the better with the last regime change,but alas, wrong again.

I'm done. :x

03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Whats with Tallahassee now? everyone in FPP knew Peters was a sure win for LT. He certenly has the most qualifications and years. Don't help morale at all, you know? Bringin in BEI of all people. I heard there was a deal with BEI made. that's all makes sense. Why else hire oscar who had been turned down how many times now?? It ain't right.

WAH!!!!! Crybaby. Wecome to the real world. Why izzit some folks think they're hot shit when the spouse gets a job with the IG's office? Take yer best one at CC but can't stand 2 to compete...enjoy the month vacation. The sense of entitlement is overwhelming, especially coming from an inveterate whiner. Show some respect and maybe you'll get some.

Good promotions.

03-24-2008, 11:18 PM
latin for nobody who and what are you talking about???

03-27-2008, 03:42 AM
ever notice those guys that go around telling people how they are going to get promoted never do?

it just illustrates humility and the importance of being earnest...

go blow smoke up someone elses' ass :|

03-27-2008, 10:31 PM
The whiners should leave as they are threatening. We would be better off without them. :twisted:

03-28-2008, 03:16 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. It's ridiculous and insulting to us all. How many FPP have applied to BEI and been turned down over the years? ALL OF THEM. Including the dip*^&% in Panama City. I have it on good authority he didn't get the job (go figure!!) and then all of a sudden they called back and gave it to him. Next thing we know BEI is the new FPP LT. Tell me that wasnt' politiccs and a bunch of bull. I don't know Peters, but I know he moved all the way up there from the Keys (from the Office of the Year blurb). That's a long way to uproot family and expensive to move if there wasn't a good reason. It seems because of someone's pet BOY, he got screwed. No matter what, that's not ok.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Did this guy REALLY up root his family to get a promotion that didn't happen??? Gee I wonder, if you checked hard enough you might find several forms from him looking to transfer up that way for the past few years, with out any hopes of promoting. Maybe he has family up there, maybe he just wanted out of the SED, coudn't hack it finacially or just got smart and got of this high dollar living area. So I encourage you to do your homework before you spout off at the mouth about things you don't know :lol:

03-29-2008, 01:07 AM
I heard Plywood always denied Peters his transfers to Tally! The current administration finally gave him the transfer he wanted/requested. So what is the truth here? Maybe we have some disgruntled employees because they did not get promoted? The old administration should have taken these whiners with them. Or maybe Scott should post on here, if he hasn't already, and tell his side. Wow, that would be a novel idea.

03-29-2008, 07:54 PM
An egg is but a promise, they should never be counted as chickens until they hatch.

03-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah, man. Officers all over the state are in shock. That's Tally for you. I thought the new chief and AD were better people than to let that happen. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone. I know several people who are so pissed off about it that they're seriously seeking employment elsewhere. If we all left at the same time that would jab 'em all and break it off inside.

Remember...if at first you don't succeed, suck suck suck till you do succeed! It works under bridges in Wakulla County.

03-31-2008, 11:40 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. It's ridiculous and insulting to us all. How many FPP have applied to BEI and been turned down over the years? ALL OF THEM. Including the dip*^&% in Panama City. I have it on good authority he didn't get the job (go figure!!) and then all of a sudden they called back and gave it to him. Next thing we know BEI is the new FPP LT. Tell me that wasnt' politiccs and a bunch of bull. I don't know Peters, but I know he moved all the way up there from the Keys (from the Office of the Year blurb). That's a long way to uproot family and expensive to move if there wasn't a good reason. It seems because of someone's pet BOY, he got screwed. No matter what, that's not ok.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Did this guy REALLY up root his family to get a promotion that didn't happen??? Gee I wonder, if you checked hard enough you might find several forms from him looking to transfer up that way for the past few years, with out any hopes of promoting. Maybe he has family up there, maybe he just wanted out of the SED, coudn't hack it finacially or just got smart and got of this high dollar living area. So I encourage you to do your homework before you spout off at the mouth about things you don't know :lol:

Homework? Several FPP people have been promoted into BEI - they include Martinez, Jones, Beacham, Kissack, one or two from Orlando and that fella that just got terminated for transporting unauthorized folks in his G car...AND there are more. Everyone wants to go to Hooterville - the cost of living is cheaper and you don't work as hard. If the person in question really uprooted his family to Tallahassee to get promoted, then he truly is an idiot. The lack of institutional memory here is really remarkable. :roll:

03-31-2008, 11:44 PM
An egg is but a promise, they should never be counted as chickens until they hatch.

You are a wise man, Confucius. Wisdom is in short supply around here.

04-01-2008, 12:18 AM
I thought we got rid of the old Elmer Fudd crap when people started disappearing (and for darn good reason!!). It appears not. I personally won't "give Oscar a break" b/c it's wrong and by now he HAS to know he couldn't possibly have honestly outshadowed anyone. A decent MAN would humbly step down. He doesn't have any REAL street experience (a few years at Quincy PD in no way stacks up--especially to Peter who has almost 30!!!!!!! Add it up, folks--military, SWAT, city, county, state....). Of course, the idiots who put him there (and yes, I mean PUT HIM THERE) weren't reall street cops, either. Fat Arkin wouldn't have even made LT if it weren't for Elmer Fudd and he NEVER should've made Capt. The new "chief" (in title ONLY) may have a few TPD years, but he's been sitting behind a desk so long at IG he forgot what real laws are and what can and can't be legally done (officer preference doesn't work for every case). He's rude, crude and doesn't deserve the position (esp as quick as it was GIVEN to him by guess who another IG person). What happened to promoting from within email??? That should mean FPP FIRST, then other bureaus. They've really made their bed now. This regime wont' go far with the troops. What few MAY have had any respect for them just jumped ship.

If he has "almost 30" years experience, how old does that make him? If he's not the one posting all this crap about his qualifications, then he obviously gives good head. Need to get over to that bridge in Wakulla County, Rambo!

04-01-2008, 01:49 AM
According to my calcualtions he started as a cop when he was 10 or 12, maybe an undercover kid LOL Who knows, but hey, everyone pads their resume right??????????? Wouldn't be a good supervisor anyway and is a terrible instructor, had him teach building clearing at rifle training, didn't make us unload or put away our glocks, oops, range saftey rules out the door. I am glad he is the NW's problem now, he is a whiner anyway. hey LT. C how many complaints did you squash on him???? Heard there were a few that slipped by you, nice try though :shock:

04-07-2008, 03:07 AM
There are no promotional opportunities in this agency. Not really. It really aggravates me that the corporals were all offered the senior leadership class in Tallahassee. Pair this with all of their ride alongs with the investigative units of the local S.O 's and you have a fast track to a LT's spot.
The corporals positon was touted as a "non supervisory" postion. They said it was administrative only. Guess that is another long line of bull passed down by Tallahassee. Why would the corporals need or be offered this class if they are not supervisors? Tell me that.

They are grooming them to step into the Lt.'s positions whenever they retire. We were fools to believe anything else.

So, you can add this to the list of things we have been screwed on.

There are promotional opportunities, often only if you are willing to move. Most people are so established where they are, they aren't willing to move to promote.

Also, in reference to your whining about the Corporals (and I am not one, believe it or not), have you ever read the job description of a corporal? There actually is some supervisory functions in it. Granted it refers to special details and events, it also states "assigned by the Lieutenant." It is up to each LT on how much the corporal does. That could be one reason they were offered the class.

Need another? How much do you know about the accreditation process? One of the stipulations is, one supervisor cannot supervise more than a certain number of people. Several of the districts exceed that number, and will need to add supervisors to fit the requirements. Now, how much do you know about adding positions? If there are no open positions, the agency cannot just "create" positions. That takes the legislature. How can they get around this if they need to add supervisors? The agency can upgrade entire classes of positions. You saw this with the promotions of Master Patrol Officers to Corporals. That was the reason there was not a competitive promotional process for the position. They had to upgrade those Master Patrol Officers to create Corporal positions. In order to meet the requirement for number of supervisors, they MAY have to upgrade positions again....this time from Corporals to something else (Sgt's maybe?) or possibly just give the Corporals assigned supervisory functions. I'm not arguing that this is right or wrong, but that is the way it works. If we want to become accredited, we may have to suck it up. If that is the case, at least they are trying to give the corporals some type of supervisory training.

As for the supervision class, officers can sign up for it too, believe it or not! I know officers (not corporals) from two different districts that are attending the Line Supervision class being offered in Tallahassee. How did they get to go? THEY ASKED! Novel idea ehh? Officers that want to move up putting in for the training as opposed to waiting for someone to ask you to go to a class.