PDA

View Full Version : PBA

03-16-2008, 06:19 AM
I would like to get an opinion from everyone. I have some LEO friends from other agencies that have PBA, and they are really happy with them. Lately I havent been too thrilled with the FOP. I dont have a problem with the individual guys that represent our agency, I just am not impressed with FOP as a whole. It just seems like they dont have enough power. My buddies from other agencies keep pushing PBA and I think it might be a good change for us. Also, I heard that our dues would possible go down.

So what does everyone think? :?: Give a shout if you think we should go PBA.

03-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Screw PBA if we switch lets go TEAMSTERS! They have a great program and are used all over the state. I saw a Volusia contract and it was unreal what they got!

03-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Ok I have an open mind. I forgot about Teamsters whe I was thinking of unions. Youre right, we should keep all options open.

What can Teamsters offer us? What did Volusia get? Can u get more 43 for us? Thanks!!!

03-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Actually, I think we were better off before any union. What have they done for us that we didn't already have? Except now we pay dues...

03-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Don't even bother with the PBA! I have never seen a bigger waste of money than what I waste with the PBA.

We tried IUPA a few years ago, and it was no difference.

My opinion, go with the teamsters. They seem to have the most pull and gonads to get things done.

State Officer

03-16-2008, 10:57 PM
we can get jesus to represent us not going to matter, we arent going to see anything in the area of money not with all this budget junk and the county comissioners wanting the boss to have a zero percent increase. hopefully 09 is a little brighter for us.

03-17-2008, 12:27 AM
WE WORK FOR A SHERIFF,HE GOING TO DO WHAT HE WANTS TO DO.IF YOU DONT LIKE IT,THEN LEAVE AND GO TO A UNION P.D.

03-17-2008, 12:37 AM
I do not know what contract you saw but I was over in Voluisa County for a class and their contract was not all that great. We start more than them and we max out more then they do.. The PBA is not all that great also.. Hillsbourgh S.O. is dumping them because they are not impressed with the collective bargaining skills. Think about it we have something right now and I believe we have another year in the contract ..

03-24-2008, 01:18 AM
i would like to explore other options other then the f.o.p. i think there is a conflict of interest when you have deputies that work for the sheriff as board members. i think there needs to be an outside person that will go to bat for us when we have to go against the sheriff or have other problems. i understand that the guys are not going to stick there necks out to go to bat for me thats why i think it would be nice to have people that do not work for the sheriff go to bat for us. i pay 38 some odd $ out of may paycheck and i do not see where it is going that past couple months there has been some disiplines going out from above and it has been a chance for the f.o.p to show that they are for US and not working for the man.i also wish that we would recieve more info from the board members (e-mails px calls) . it seems to me the meetings are the same old stuff things need to change . the f.o.p can make a name for themselves and have alot more people join if they stood up for people when things go bad. please please please keep the immature crap to yourself. we are out of high school. so please only comments that are either going to improve my thoughts on the f.o.p or suggestions for other unions that will go to bat for the guys and gals with out fear. also mnothing against the board members i understand why you dont stick your necks out to many heads are rolling as it is.i just would like more action.

03-24-2008, 03:13 AM
Hey Patrol deputy: I like the way you think. good post

Maybe we should try to set up a poll or something like that.

03-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I agree.We should have board members who are outsiders instead of deputies who are under the control of the sheriff.Lots of agencies have that including your bigger agencies.But again,they will not change it.(the fop)

03-25-2008, 12:28 AM
i see my statement has not made it through someones head about talking crap i would stand up for myself, and i do. however i know when to keep my mouth shut when it comes to career suicide.as i said before i think that the f.o.p would accomplish alot more if we had some outside members going to bat for us.i do not expect my fellow deputes who are on the board and who i work along side put there necks on the line for me or anyone else right or wrong. and for the guys that gave good mature feedback thank you . i look forward to hearing more.