PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointing show of brotherhood and teamwork by MDPD Nside

03-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Ima blueshirt from a municipality and was on a traffic stop outside my jurisdiction last night when a fight erupted in a club right behind me. Shots were fired inside and a victim was hit. i called for 3-15's on a county radio even though i was in the city cause we dont have the city's frequency. Two of my guys got there in a minute or two so there was 3 of us and about 50-60 irrate, belligerent, drunk thugs around us. County sent 3-15's from Airport n Northside. Meanwhile, the patrons started directing their anger towards us and we were suddenly in a mob situation. Some people dragged the victim outside to the sidewalk and is was apparent he was hurt bad. we couldnt get to him cause he was surrounded by the mob of mostly mid -20's black males who were becoming increasingly mad at us 3 white cops....im sure u can get the picture from there. Anyway, we needed to get the victim outa there so we decided to move in and try to extract him to a safer place. Immediately, the crowd swarmed around us and after a minute or so I looked up to see what.....about 6 county brown clowns standing around with their hands in their pockets watching us from behind some cars. There were still fistfights going on around us and drunken idiots yelling and screaming at us. The scene was still hot and we got no help from the brown clowns. It wasnt till i yelled at them to ****ing help us that they decided to move their asses and get people off our backs. ****in sad. Is this what the brotherhood is supposes to be like? Let your fellow officer get ****ed up because you dont wanna write a report? Seriously, i have contemplated making a complaint to the supervisor of that shift. That situation coulda went bad real quick while the northside team sat and watched.

04-03-2008, 06:28 AM
THATS ****ED UP BRO!!

04-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Ima blueshirt from a municipality and was on a traffic stop outside my jurisdiction last night when a fight erupted in a club right behind me. Shots were fired inside and a victim was hit. i called for 3-15's on a county radio even though i was in the city cause we dont have the city's frequency. Two of my guys got there in a minute or two so there was 3 of us and about 50-60 irrate, belligerent, drunk thugs around us. County sent 3-15's from Airport n Northside. Meanwhile, the patrons started directing their anger towards us and we were suddenly in a mob situation. Some people dragged the victim outside to the sidewalk and is was apparent he was hurt bad. we couldnt get to him cause he was surrounded by the mob of mostly mid -20's black males who were becoming increasingly mad at us 3 white cops....im sure u can get the picture from there. Anyway, we needed to get the victim outa there so we decided to move in and try to extract him to a safer place. Immediately, the crowd swarmed around us and after a minute or so I looked up to see what.....about 6 county brown clowns standing around with their hands in their pockets watching us from behind some cars. There were still fistfights going on around us and drunken idiots yelling and screaming at us. The scene was still hot and we got no help from the brown clowns. It wasnt till i yelled at them to ****ing help us that they decided to move their asses and get people off our backs. ****in sad. Is this what the brotherhood is supposes to be like? Let your fellow officer get ****ed up because you dont wanna write a report? Seriously, i have contemplated making a complaint to the supervisor of that shift. That situation coulda went bad real quick while the northside team sat and watched.

I hope you did make a complaint, did you?

04-03-2008, 08:44 PM
why were you making a traffic stop OUTSIDE your jurisdiction?

04-03-2008, 11:54 PM
A 19 outside of your jurisdiction. Well my man, you looked for trouble and got it. That's the county's problem, not yours. You are very fortunate to be alive (especially in that part of town) after being so foolish.

04-03-2008, 11:57 PM

MY JURISDICTION IS THE STATE OF FLORIDA!!!!

04-04-2008, 04:29 AM

After reading that story, that is what you got out of it? Not the point that he didn't get timely back up that actually did something. Real nice

04-04-2008, 03:16 PM
A 19 outside of your jurisdiction. Well my man, you looked for trouble and got it. That's the county's problem, not yours. You are very fortunate to be alive (especially in that part of town) after being so foolish.

That is a Fukced up comment to make, so because an officer tried to do the right thing but was a little off of his zone you would let him get hurt or even worse? Obviously your not a LEO you comepinga if you are consider a career change maricon go open up a flower shop. You give a bad name to the brotherhood.

04-04-2008, 04:24 PM

really, are you a state trooper?

04-04-2008, 04:36 PM

really, are you a state trooper? NO, i am not a state trooper .Is just that i am certified by the state of Florida and i enforce state laws,how about you.

04-04-2008, 05:56 PM

really, are you a state trooper? NO, i am not a state trooper .Is just that i am certified by the state of Florida and i enforce state laws,how about you.

just stay in your city so you don't have any problems. make it easy on yourself man. Be safe

04-04-2008, 09:34 PM
[

That is a Fukced up comment to make, so because an officer tried to do the right thing but was a little off of his zone you would let him get hurt or even worse? Obviously your not a LEO you comepinga if you are consider a career change maricon go open up a flower shop. You give a bad name to the brotherhood

Hey don't knock the flower shop man they make more cheese than making mid 40s and getting shot at.

04-04-2008, 11:53 PM

YOUR JURISDICTION IS THE AREA COVERED BY YOUR EMPLOYING AGENCY. YOUR JURISDITION IS THE STATE OF FLORIDA?, YO U MUST WORK FOR FDLE.

04-05-2008, 12:19 AM

YOUR JURISDICTION IS THE AREA COVERED BY YOUR EMPLOYING AGENCY. YOUR JURISDITION IS THE STATE OF FLORIDA?, YO U MUST WORK FOR FDLE. Apparently you have never co-signed an A form or UTC for a brother ofc from another jurisdiction because that is all it takes.Put your ego in your pocket,either help other ofc's or get the hell out of the way.

04-05-2008, 02:39 AM
Who cares what his damn jurisdiction is... If a brother calls for a 3-15, you better show up mother****er. I work in Hialeah and every time there's a call near or in the city by another agency, we all show up as soon as we hear someone being dispatched. If you ain't got the balls to show up at any kind of call, then demote yourself and become a PSA.

04-05-2008, 02:54 AM
to add to my comment on top:
The 19 had nothing to do with the incident for all those idiots who asked.

04-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Who cares what his darn jurisdiction is... If a brother calls for a 3-15, you better show up mother****er. I work in Hialeah and every time there's a call near or in the city by another agency, we all show up as soon as we hear someone being dispatched. If you ain't got the balls to show up at any kind of call, then demote yourself and become a PSA.

hialeah got a pd?

04-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Who cares what his darn jurisdiction is... If a brother calls for a 3-15, you better show up mother****er. I work in Hialeah and every time there's a call near or in the city by another agency, we all show up as soon as we hear someone being dispatched. If you ain't got the balls to show up at any kind of call, then demote yourself and become a PSA.

Hialeah's got a pd?

Yes! Just like the Miccosukees! :snicker:

04-07-2008, 01:59 AM

X2

04-10-2008, 12:44 AM

just stay in your city so you don't have any problems. make it easy on yourself man. Be safe

Shows the PSD/Metrodade/ Miamidade mentality. If it means helping another agency, forgetaboutit Yet they wonder why everyone else in L E in the county call them the brown gown clowns. And Hialeah backs up cops anyway they can, but you county clowns need permission to pee in your pants and watch cops in need of help. Hialeah you have had my back on many incident where the city and Hialeah meet. Thank you and don't listen to these LEO wannabes.

04-10-2008, 01:55 AM
[quote="Anonymous":3o6ogyd4]why were you making a traffic stop OUTSIDE your jurisdiction?

Shows the PSD/Metrodade/ Miamidade mentality. If it means helping another agency, forgetaboutit Yet they wonder why everyone else in L E in the county call them the brown gown clowns. And Hialeah backs up cops anyway they can, but you county clowns need permission to pee in your pants and watch cops in need of help. Hialeah you have had my back on many incident where the city and Hialeah meet. Thank you and don't listen to these LEO wannabes.[/quote:3o6ogyd4]

He started it by calling us brown clowns

04-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Been away on leave and vacation a bit and just got a chance to read some of the posts regarding my initial one. Thanks to all those who posted positive responses and genuine concern....and a big **** you to those who felt i did something wrong by taking a 19 outa my city. If you must know, I observed the infraction in my city, which also could of been a subject vehicle fleeing from a 3-32 at a nearby club in Doral. I finally caught up to it and 19'd it in front of that club i mentioned. Anything wrong with that........not a ****in chance. So all you who said i did wrong must have just let people go once they left your jurisdiction? Wow, hope you never have to come to my aid, or chase down the subjects that just hurt me, killed me, or any of my brothers. I'll bet those who said that are soft *****es and come to work to do nothing more than collect a paycheck

04-11-2008, 06:30 PM
The conuty might have all the perks....take homes, new equipment etc.... but their back-up sucks. Maybe its because they're such a big organization. You tend become a number. I worked for the county 5 years and had to leave. I was tired of being just another number.

04-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Aww poor baby wanted some attention. You must have felt like the the forgotten step-child with the county huh? Grow the fuk up. It's a job just like anything else. If you do this job for recognition-which obviously you're seeking, you're in the wrong damn proffession. Go find another career if you feel like people should be kissing your ass.

04-11-2008, 09:14 PM
The county might have all the perks....take homes, new equipment etc.... but their back-up sucks. Maybe its because they're such a big organization. You tend become a number. I worked for the county 5 years and had to leave. I was tired of being just another number.

Few leave MDPD for the reason you are giving. More likely you left because you could not handle our calling, or better yet, you left ahead of being fired! No one at MDPD is a number, whether you work north, south or special ops, you are a family member at your base of operation. Stop lying to yourself!

04-12-2008, 11:27 AM
The county might have all the perks....take homes, new equipment etc.... but their back-up sucks. Maybe its because they're such a big organization. You tend become a number. I worked for the county 5 years and had to leave. I was tired of being just another number.

Few leave MDPD for the reason you are giving. More likely you left because you could not handle our calling, or better yet, you left ahead of being fired! No one at MDPD is a number, whether you work north, south or special ops, you are a family member at your base of operation. Stop lying to yourself!

you are full of it....................brown clowns are a FAT BROWN ZERO "0"

04-13-2008, 01:15 AM
why do you post on here if you don't work for the county? Go post on your little municpal section. U fuking clown

04-17-2008, 07:01 PM
THIS PLACE SUCKS..........YOU HAVE TO WATCH YOUR BACK AT ALL TIMES FOR THE BIG BROWN WEENIE. POOR 15'S. I CAME HERE FROM CITY AND NOW I REGRET IT. I GUESS THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE.

04-17-2008, 07:02 PM
THIS PLACE SUCKS..........YOU HAVE TO WATCH YOUR BACK AT ALL TIMES FOR THE BIG BROWN WEENIE. POOR 15'S. I CAME HERE FROM CITY AND NOW I REGRET IT. I GUESS THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE.

04-18-2008, 03:55 AM
what a mess this thread is...

04-22-2008, 04:08 AM

How do u figure? If u r a city officer?

04-22-2008, 06:02 PM

Just because you are certified under Florida State Statute 943, it does not mean you have statewide jurisdiction! Your authority ends at your municipal boundaries!

04-22-2008, 09:19 PM

Just because you are certified under Florida State Statute 943, it does not mean you have statewide jurisdiction! Your authority ends at your municipal boundaries!

I guess then that if your getting your BUTT kicked and i am on my way to court i cant help you because ACCORDING to you i have no jurisdiction,what a stupid as*^$.All ego,no brains.

04-23-2008, 04:26 AM

I guess then that if your getting your BUTT kicked and i am on my way to court i cant help you because ACCORDING to you i have no jurisdiction,what a stupid as*^$.All ego,no brains.

You wouldn't have the guts to stop and help anyways!!

04-23-2008, 05:30 PM

Your comment was: "MY JURISDICTION IS THE STATE OF FLORIDA!!!!" Clearly to this moronic statement, one must retort with an equally absurd repartee! For nothing illustrates absurdity best than being absurd. Obviously, under the countywide mutual agreement, signed by MDPD and most county municipal police agencies, should a municipal officer observed a malfeasance outside his/her jurisdiction, he or she would have the authority intervene. The question is, would you? Now go back to insignificant municipal boundaries and let the real police work to the true law enforcement professionals, like MDPD!

04-24-2008, 04:51 AM
I came here from the City of Miami and I regret the day I left. Most of our officers (county) are not proactive at all. They just wait around to be dispatched or sleep all night. Another thing I've noticed thatmy 15 here is not as great as it was in the City. Maybe its because we are so big of a Dept or maybe its just the station I work out of. I like this dept but like anything else it can be improved.

04-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I came here from the City of Miami and I regret the day I left. Most of our officers (county) are not proactive at all. They just wait around to be dispatched or sleep all night. Another thing I've noticed thatmy 15 here is not as great as it was in the City. Maybe its because we are so big of a Dept or maybe its just the station I work out of. I like this dept but like anything else it can be improved.

Stop whining you little piece of crap!

04-28-2008, 02:53 AM
I don't know what his problem is but in District 6 the County and neighboring cities work together as 15s for each other. Miami Shores and the County 15 together often and Sunny Isles has as well at times when the county needed help at Haul Over as they are closer than other County officers would be. NMB has also 15ed together with the County on many occassions. Even District 6 (Intracoastal) and District 2 (Northside) have 15ed together many times.

04-28-2008, 03:02 AM

I agree with the stop whining. the City of Miami is a joke. I watch the First 48 on A&E and often get a good laugh watching their homicide detectives at work. I loved the episode where they needed help and called the County in. It was regarding the murder of a gay guy who practiced santaria. I loved it when the Miami Dade guy told the City of Miami guy the liquid in a bowl that was in the closet was piss. I wish I could recall his exact wording as it was funny. I also did not appreciate when I was with warrants out at 5am and had every City of Miami cop in the area drive by in marked vehicles to check me out. They would even stop and ask me if I was QRU.

04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't understand why the City of Miami PD and MDPD are putting each other down and talking bad about each other. They are both great departments with great officers. All departments have bad apples and lazy officers.

Whenever I hear or read about an incident involving MPD and MDPD, it's usually a professional job. I don't believe for a minute that a police officer from MDPD or MPD would not respond or help another officer. When you work for an elite department, and this includes Hialeah PD, you can't help but get involved.

Whoever is posting this BS is just a jealous officer trying to start trouble between departments. Anyway, I know someone will reply by saying something stupid about my post.

04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't understand why the City of Miami PD and MDPD are putting each other down and talking bad about each other. They are both great departments with great officers. All departments have bad apples and lazy officers.

Whenever I hear or read about an incident involving MPD and MDPD, it's usually a professional job. I don't believe for a minute that a police officer from MDPD or MPD would not respond or help another officer. When you work for an elite department, and this includes Hialeah PD, you can't help but get involved.

Whoever is posting this BS is just a jealous officer trying to start trouble between departments. Anyway, I know someone will reply by saying something stupid about my post.

No your post is a very sensitive and caring one -- BUT!

You would not understand, unless you done your time in the Brown Gown! It's nothing more than sibling rivalry, the smaller brother always trying to "one-up" the much bigger, stronger and intelligent brother! Sadly Miami PD has always been afflicted with delusions of grandeur. It's a City thing, one has to experience it to know it! Still, when the chit hits the fan, we put aside our bantering and back each other up! Is what cops do!

04-29-2008, 01:11 AM

You would not understand, unless you done your time in the Brown Gown! It's nothing more than sibling rivalry, the smaller brother always trying to "one-up" the much bigger, stronger and intelligent brother! Sadly Miami PD has always been afflicted with delusions of grandeur. It's a City thing, one has to experience it to know it! Still, when the chit hits the fan, we put aside our bantering and back each other up! Is what cops do!

couldnt have said it better myself.........all cops talk a lot of shit about each other and dawging one another out, but as u said, when the 3-15 goes out, we all bond together regardless of the color of the uniform and kick some ass.

04-30-2008, 01:18 AM

But you failed to mention the fact that MDPD has always been the last department to catch up with Miami P D. The most glaring was PSD being the second to last police agency to get hand held radios in this county, FHP being last. And 26 years after Miami P D had the finger print ID computer invented, the mighty big MIAMI-dade, get's a finger print ID computer. But the mighty big brother had to have the little brother save their headquaters from being burned down, that angers the legends in their own minds, wearing the brown clown gown. Another thing that makes the big brother lash out, is the fact that the citizens keep firing them, and starting their own police depts. Sunny isles,Pinecrest, Doral, Adventura, Miami Gardens all fired the mighty MDPD wanting better service and safety. Imagine living with the fear that more & more will do the same. And then the mighty MDPD issues wheel guns as the firearm of choice for keeping the citizens safe. This time, they are the last department to issue revolvers in the county. Did I leave anything out big brother?

04-30-2008, 03:22 AM

I agree with the stop whining. the City of Miami is a joke. I watch the First 48 on A&E and often get a good laugh watching their homicide detectives at work. I loved the episode where they needed help and called the County in. It was regarding the murder of a gay guy who practiced santaria. I loved it when the Miami Dade guy told the City of Miami guy the liquid in a bowl that was in the closet was piss. I wish I could recall his exact wording as it was funny. I also did not appreciate when I was with warrants out at 5am and had every City of Miami cop in the area drive by in marked vehicles to check me out. They would even stop and ask me if I was QRU.

YOU WERE SERVING WARRANTS IN THE CITY!!!! LOL!!!! YEAH! OUR OFFICERS WERE COMING BY TO CHECK ON YOU BECAUSE YOU GUYS WERE PROBABLY LOST AGAIN LOOKING FOR A QTH IN THE CITY. CAN'T TELL U HOW MANY TIMES I'VE HELPED OUT A BROTHER BROWN LOST LOOKING FOR A OFFENDER. TRY THIS ONE NEXT TIME YOUR IN THE CITY. IF U ARE SERVING WARRANTS LET US KNOW YOU ARE CONDUCTING THAT OPERATION FIRST BEFORE YOU BEGIN. UNLIKE U BROWNIES, WE ACTUALLY PATROL OR AREAS AND LIKE TO KNOW WHEN SOMETHING IS OUT OF PLACE. SO, IF WE SEE VEHICLES PULLING UP TO A QTH, DRESSED IN BLACK AND CARRYING GUNS, WE ARE GOING TO INVESTIGATE. IT'S WHAT POLICE DO! MAYBE THEY DON'T TEACH THAT IN YOUR 12 MONTH ACADEMY! LOL!

04-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Damn, I think The Fools In Blue are mad; poor babies

04-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Did I leave anything out big brother?[/quote]

YES! All the shortcomings you cite are dated by about 28 years! As to the incorporated cities, well, as it has happened in Broward County, they eventually will return to the County for police service. It has something to do with a concept called Economy of Scale. Sooner or later these municipalities will come to the fiscal realization that policing is a very expensive governmental venture, and that it is cheaper and more effective to hire the County. As it is now, these newly formed municipalities still retain our Investigative Services for major crimes, wonder why? We know is painful, but you must come to the sad conclusion that no matter how you paint it, the city of miami police is what it is, and getting worse under your current "leadership" team. Hey, who knows, if the economy continues to tank, maybe we might assume your major crimes investigations too? Perhaps them, for example, we will solve who shot at your officers at the parking lot of Saint Michael's Church and who was the multiple rapists that accosted and raped four females in the area of NW 79 Street and 7 Avenue more than a year ago. You haven't solved those cases yet, have you? Face it, your less than a 800 person, and getting smaller, "police department" led by the sot and the dolt, serves a 34.5 square mile city with a seemingly opulent facade and a decaying inner city. Sooner or later this house of cards will come tumbling down and the County will be there to rescue you . . . cause we love you man! In the interim do your best and try not to imitate MDPD, you cannot and never will! Again, thank you for rescuing our old headquarters building at 1320 NW 14 Street from the rioters in May of 1980!

04-30-2008, 05:05 PM
oh boy

05-02-2008, 03:21 AM
Did I leave anything out big brother?

YES! All the shortcomings you cite are dated by about 28 years! As to the incorporated cities, well, as it has happened in Broward County, they eventually will return to the County for police service. It has something to do with a concept called Economy of Scale. Sooner or later these municipalities will come to the fiscal realization that policing is a very expensive governmental venture, and that it is cheaper and more effective to hire the County. As it is now, these newly formed municipalities still retain our Investigative Services for major crimes, wonder why? We know is painful, but you must come to the sad conclusion that no matter how you paint it, the city of miami police is what it is, and getting worse under your current "leadership" team. Hey, who knows, if the economy continues to tank, maybe we might assume your major crimes investigations too? Perhaps them, for example, we will solve who shot at your officers at the parking lot of Saint Michael's Church and who was the multiple rapists that accosted and raped four females in the area of NW 79 W Street and 7 Avenue more than a year ago. You haven't solved those cases yet, have you? Face it, your less than a 800 person, and getting smaller, "police department" led by the sot and the dolt, serves a 34.5 square mile city with a seemingly opulent facade and a decaying inner city. Sooner or later this house of cards will come tumbling down and the County will be there to rescue you . . . cause we love you man! In the interim do your best and try not to imitate MDPD, you cannot and never will! Again, thank you for rescuing our old headquarters building at 1320 NW 14 Street from the rioters in May of 1980![/quote]

3 THINGS TOO ADD -

1. WE THE CITY OF MIAMI POLICE DEPT. HAS BEEN HERE LONGER THAN THE COUNTY OF DADE.....10X LONGER THAN MIAMI-DADE POLICE DEPT, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE LONG AFTER YOUR STRONG MAYOR CONTRACTS U TO WHACKENHUT!

2. WE HAVE MORE THAN 800....MORE LIKE 1200 AND GETTING BIGGER!

3. THE ONLY THING WERE FORCED TO USE IS YOUR CRIME LAB, AND WE WOULDN'T USE THAT IF IT WERE NOT STATE MANDATED

THAN YOU.

05-02-2008, 04:19 AM
You aren't very smart, are you? Based on your idiotic assertions, it is obvious that you failed your American history classes! But don't fret, here's a brief review:

Founded on January 18, 1836, Dade County, Florida was named after Major Francis Longhorn Dade, killed during the 1835 Seminole Wars. Miami was founded 61 years later, when Henry Flagler brought the East coast Railroad to Dade County in 1896. Of course, being its first city, Miami was selected as the County's seat of Government.

A bit of advice, seek help for your inferiority complex, it's harmful, for it blinds you to the reality of County Government. As to Miami PD having 1200 sworn members, in your dreams! If so, why then must the Sot and the Dolt constantly resort to drafts to field minimum patrol staffing?

05-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey blue fool, maybe you were cracked out when you made that ridiculous statement, or maybe you actually believe believe your own bull-s---t. Who knows? However, how in the hell is your department growing if the city limits remain the same? Don't you guys still police the same 34.5 square miles?
The county will always be here and so will you guys-if your city doesn't f-up the budget.
Just know one thing if you guys call for help, I'll risk my ass to save you and know you would do the same for your county brothers and sisters as well as other municipalities.

I wonder if the same brotherly fued exist between LASD and LAPD

05-02-2008, 11:56 PM
You aren't very smart, are you? Based on your idiotic assertions, it is obvious that you failed your American history classes! But don't fret, here's a brief review:

Founded on January 18, 1836, Dade County, Florida was named after Major Francis Longhorn Dade, killed during the 1835 Seminole Wars. Miami was founded 61 years later, when Henry Flagler brought the East coast Railroad to Dade County in 1896. Of course, being its first city, Miami was selected as the County's seat of Government.

A bit of advice, seek help for your inferiority complex, it's harmful, for it blinds you to the reality of County Government. As to Miami PD having 1200 sworn members, in your dreams! If so, why then must the Sot and the Dolt constantly resort to drafts to field minimum patrol staffing?

My son, you may need to read a real book instead of quoting things you googled on the internet. If you did you would realize that dade-county was considered a large territory of land that bordered up to what we now know as West Palm Bch. Miami on the other hand, just like Coconut Groves has been established town long before they were incorporated. Miami since 1842 was established with settlers and incorporated by 1896. 95% of Dade-County was wilderness territory, like the rest of Florida. It wasn't until after the early 1900, when Broward & West Palm Bch was created, that Dade-County officially became a established goverment body.

Here is a quote I thought you might find amusing................

While the modern history of Dade County begins with the arrival of the first permanent white settlers, in the early part of the 19th century, the remoteness of the area limited its development to a handful of farms and plantations, plus a few small settlements, until the arrival of the railroad in 1896. The city of Miami was incorporated in the same year. :twisted: :twisted:

05-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Hey blue fool, maybe you were cracked out when you made that ridiculous statement, or maybe you actually believe believe your own bull-s---t. Who knows? However, how in the hell is your department growing if the city limits remain the same? Don't you guys still police the same 34.5 square miles?
The county will always be here and so will you guys-if your city doesn't f-up the budget.
Just know one thing if you guys call for help, I'll risk my ass to save you and know you would do the same for your county brothers and sisters as well as other municipalities.

I wonder if the same brotherly fued exist between LASD and LAPD

No we are no fools, and no we only wear blue..lol!
If u check the sensus from 2006, you would realize that we are 55.6 sq miles. 35.4 of it being land. If you have not heard already, we are also the 4th largest populated city with almost 2,000 people per square mile. Because we are growing every year we have to keep our police officer ratio equal to that growth, therefore we are budgeted for more officers. Our dept. is budgeted for 1400 sworn, but currently like your self, we can not hire fast enough to make those numbers. We are only at 1,072 sworn.
They, meaning the politicians anticipate we will need 1800 sworn in the next 5 to 7 years to keep up with the population growth with all the new construction. Also we are aware that the county would like to give up some territory to the city, mostly propblem areas that you guys don't like to patrol.

05-03-2008, 02:27 AM

My son, you may need to read a real book instead of quoting things you googled on the internet. If you did you would realize that dade-county was considered a large territory of land that bordered up to what we now know as West Palm Bch. Miami on the other hand, just like Coconut Groves has been established town long before they were incorporated. Miami since 1842 was established with settlers and incorporated by 1896. 95% of Dade-County was wilderness territory, like the rest of Florida. It wasn't until after the early 1900, when Broward & West Palm Bch was created, that Dade-County officially became a established goverment body.

While the modern history of Dade County begins with the arrival of the first permanent white settlers, in the early part of the 19th century, the remoteness of the area limited its development to a handful of farms and plantations, plus a few small settlements, until the arrival of the railroad in 1896. The city of Miami was incorporated in the same year. :twisted: :twisted:

Then we agree! Long before Miami ever existed, there were Dade County Deputy Sheriffs patrolling the area known as Dade County, including Miami! It must be sad to see a once promising municipal police agency erode and crumble like the inner core of Miami. Don't worry, Dade County will always be here to take over!

PS: Don't deride Google, it's the 21th Century virtual library, unfathomable information at the click of your mouse!

05-03-2008, 10:05 PM

Then we agree! Long before Miami ever existed, there were Dade County Deputy Sheriffs patrolling the area known as Dade County, including Miami! It must be sad to see a once promising municipal police agency erode and crumble like the inner core of Miami. Don't worry, Dade County will always be here to take over!

PS: Don't deride Google, it's the 21th Century virtual library, unfathomable information at the click of your mouse!

Dude you have been riding around in some of those old 86 Crown Vic that you brownies still drive around too long. The only dept. that is eroding is yours, as more cities incorporate and start their own p.d.'s. It must be sad to see a once sub-par dept. erode under your strong mayor and deputy dog director.

06-11-2008, 10:25 PM
The really sad part is a duplication of services, multiple agencies, lots of jurisdictions. In many countries they police regionally, for example MDPD, BSO and PBSO would be the only police agencies in southeast Florida. This means that when terrorists and really hard-core criminals pull a job in Miami Lakes, then out in Aventura, and then down in Coral Gables, the same agency is aware of the problem. Its personnel are all on the same page. To keep you all from jumping all over me, yes a BOLO goes out as things are now and technically, Agency A talks to Agency B. And the bad guys get caught because Uniform Patrol is more available at municipal then county level, that's the theory at least. But some of these dirtbags are smart and learn, and while politicians talk and cops argue, some criminals and terrorists will pick-up this learning curve. Thankfully, MDPD runs the Airport and Seaport, and with the exception of MPD, they provide helicopter support to local agencies (so does CBP, but BlackHawks tend to stick out). At least specialized services like the Aviation Unit, Homicide, Robbery and Special Response Team will continue to be provided to these new agencies. It is better to have the heavy funding required to operate these units go to one agency and not get divided up. Experience and training for these units is also better, bigger agencies have bigger budgets and can allocate more personnel to specialized funtions. Unfortunately, Local Law Enforcement Block Grants and Urban Area Security Initiative Grants get diluted sometimes between competing agencies. My hat goes off to all officers, regardless of uniform, because crooks don't give a damn what uniform they shoot at, fight with or murder. And to the original poster, thank God you are unscathed, they really need to issue C/S to patrol, lol. Stay safe.

06-12-2008, 06:39 PM
The really sad part is a duplication of services, multiple agencies, lots of jurisdictions. In many countries they police regionally, for example MDPD, BSO and PBSO would be the only police agencies in southeast Florida. This means that when terrorists and really hard-core criminals pull a job in Miami Lakes, then out in Aventura, and then down in Coral Gables, the same agency is aware of the problem. Its personnel are all on the same page. To keep you all from jumping all over me, yes a BOLO goes out as things are now and technically, Agency A talks to Agency B. And the bad guys get caught because Uniform Patrol is more available at municipal then county level, that's the theory at least. But some of these dirtbags are smart and learn, and while politicians talk and cops argue, some criminals and terrorists will pick-up this learning curve. Thankfully, MDPD runs the Airport and Seaport, and with the exception of MPD, they provide helicopter support to local agencies (so does CBP, but BlackHawks tend to stick out). At least specialized services like the Aviation Unit, Homicide, Robbery and Special Response Team will continue to be provided to these new agencies. It is better to have the heavy funding required to operate these units go to one agency and not get divided up. Experience and training for these units is also better, bigger agencies have bigger budgets and can allocate more personnel to specialized funtions. Unfortunately, Local Law Enforcement Block Grants and Urban Area Security Initiative Grants get diluted sometimes between competing agencies. My hat goes off to all officers, regardless of uniform, because crooks don't give a darn what uniform they shoot at, fight with or murder. And to the original poster, thank God you are unscathed, they really need to issue C/S to patrol, lol. Stay safe.

you think that is bad the state has like 80 agencies

07-14-2008, 05:50 AM
I agree about it being pathetic that you didn't get help but it is true that you were out of your jurisdiction and had no authority to enforce traffic laws and make the 19. FSS 316.640 limits your jurisdiction to make a stop to within your municipal limits. If things would have gotten really bad with shots fired and or a 32 on you, you would have been screwed because you had no right to make the 19.

07-16-2008, 11:27 PM

08-19-2008, 11:45 PM
sound to me that your a fuking rookis snitch that complaind to supervisors you nothing but a fuking blue shirt... so get another job you fukin rookie a ***** like you i would never back up

08-20-2008, 01:11 AM
At least use spell check you idiot! A typical dumb, stupid uneducated Northside officer. May I suggest getting your GED? Get back to the hood where you belong!

08-20-2008, 04:40 AM
Opa-Locka PD #1 :devil:

09-24-2008, 12:01 AM
theres no city like city of miami.....

09-28-2009, 10:39 PM

Stop whining you little piece of crap! He is lying, he didn't come from the city of miami. the last person to leave the city for the county left 8 years ago. and he left as soon as he made probation. He was not happy here, now he is very happy with the county. so stop bull shitting you did not come from the city. its rare for a city cop to leave here, unless its to the feds. and i am sure its not to go to the county. the same is true of county po's leaving to come to the city.

09-28-2009, 10:58 PM

You would not understand, unless you done your time in the Brown Gown! It's nothing more than sibling rivalry, the smaller brother always trying to "one-up" the much bigger, stronger and intelligent brother! Sadly Miami PD has always been afflicted with delusions of grandeur. It's a City thing, one has to experience it to know it! Still, when the chit hits the fan, we put aside our bantering and back each other up! Is what cops do! yea like the time last year, when the city cleared ALL units from all of there calls city wide , in all 3 districts and sent them on a 315 to north side district lincoln field projects , to save the bigger, stronger, brother dumb ass, because one of your units got on the radio shouting that they were being shot at . when in fact they were not!!!!! we were the only agency there...... not miami beach not fhp nmbpd no one but us. so get over it.

10-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Saw a city Sgt stop to 15 a county guy around 1 or 2 am in Kendall the other day...didn't see much but I did see a handshake

There's more respect between us real LEOs than all you young wannabes will admit

10-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Did I leave anything out big brother?

YES! All the shortcomings you cite are dated by about 28 years! As to the incorporated cities, well, as it has happened in Broward County, they eventually will return to the County for police service. It has something to do with a concept called Economy of Scale. Sooner or later these municipalities will come to the fiscal realization that policing is a very expensive governmental venture, and that it is cheaper and more effective to hire the County. As it is now, these newly formed municipalities still retain our Investigative Services for major crimes, wonder why? We know is painful, but you must come to the sad conclusion that no matter how you paint it, the city of miami police is what it is, and getting worse under your current "leadership" team. Hey, who knows, if the economy continues to tank, maybe we might assume your major crimes investigations too? Perhaps them, for example, we will solve who shot at your officers at the parking lot of Saint Michael's Church and who was the multiple rapists that accosted and raped four females in the area of NW 79 Street and 7 Avenue more than a year ago. You haven't solved those cases yet, have you? Face it, your less than a 800 person, and getting smaller, "police department" led by the sot and the dolt, serves a 34.5 square mile city with a seemingly opulent facade and a decaying inner city. Sooner or later this house of cards will come tumbling down and the County will be there to rescue you . . . cause we love you man! In the interim do your best and try not to imitate MDPD, you cannot and never will! Again, thank you for rescuing our old headquarters building at 1320 NW 14 Street from the rioters in May of 1980![/quote]

Hey DUFUS. Your so f-ing great, why did the crime rate DROP when Miami-Gardens P D took over? Why did they just form their own homicide unit because yours showed up at homicides when it suited them? Why did it take the big bad MIAMI-dade 8 years to have AFIS? And why did a retired Miami cop have to call back the big bad MDPD when they left a bullet in a wall and shell casings at a HOMICIDE? Why did the MDPD not put out a bolo on the victims stolen car to only have it found by the victim's family? And your great homicide detective had to have the fact explained that the victims's car was in view of three, that's 3, video cameras, was important? And non of this,is 28 years ago A_HOLE. Keep talking the talk, but MDPD, does not walk the walk. 8 years to get AFIS, yeah, your the best alright. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. And do not worry, Doral has plans on how to save your new building, when THAT one has thousands trying to burn that one down too.