PDA

View Full Version : Homeless

03-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Will you guys ever do anything about this problem? It's getting out of hand, there's a billion of them now.

03-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Once it becomes illegal to be homeless, we will. Until then, shut your whining ass up!

03-14-2008, 10:17 PM
In case you didn't notice you idiot, they are the ones doing all the 26's and 29's in your City. Then again you guys are always on a 12... just the other day I reported a 29 in progress and the first Officer showed up 18 minutes later.

03-15-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm not a PO stupid, I'm a civilian that lives in MB.

03-15-2008, 06:45 AM
Long time PO.
Hey citizen, I feel your pain, but like the other officer said it is not illegal to be homeless. Also, they are not the ones doing ALL the 29s. Most of the 29s subjects come from across the water, City of Miami, Hialeah, or Opalocka area. Yes the homeless is an eye sore, but most choose to be there. Federal grants were used years back "homeless outreach" where we rounded them up and gave them shelters and the opportunity to better themselves. Maybe 2% did while the others CHOOSE to live that lifestyle. Until you have had contact with most of the homeless from 87st south to government cut and actually corresponded with them, STOP WITH THE NONSENSE ABOUT POLICE DEALING WITH THE HOMELESS. For better or for worse, a smelly dirty bum drinking in public (dip arrest) is no better than mr. lawyer/doctor/etc. drinking in public other than the bum being smelly/dirty.

03-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Excellent post. I must add that the "civilian's" of this country are the one's that have created and constantly cry about this thing called Constitutional rights. This is the same thing that bind officers from properly doing their jobs. If you'd like the Police to start violating these rights just so you can sleep good at night, start a movement you friggin hippie.

03-15-2008, 07:09 AM
In case you didn't notice you idiot, they are the ones doing all the 26's and 29's in your City. Then again you guys are always on a 12... just the other day I reported a 29 in progress and the first Officer showed up 18 minutes later.

Are you trying to say that all bums commit crimes? Or are you saying that all crimes are committed by bums?

03-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Move to the city we dont have a homeless problem :wink:

03-23-2008, 03:35 PM
happy mr. citizen? now you are rid of 2 homeless individuals. the one with the bullet in his head, and the other that put the bullet there. so be happy but realize this. when the new officers are brainwashed and praised to make D.I.P. (drinking in public) arrests, it is for the reason of making certain areas (ocean dr. and lumus park) LOOK/APPEAR better. the fact of the matter is MOST people in this area, tourists, professionals, families, students, upstanding citizens, etc, and yes HOMELESS, are doing the same thing, D.I.P. there is only so much one person can take, and i believe what goes around, comes around.
So Mr. concerned citizen, new Officer, or the usual salty RDA Officer, keep signaling out and arresting the SAME non-eye appealing HOMELESS and turn a blind eye to the PRETTY people doing the SAME thing. It has happened in the past here, and other cities with large populations of crazies and homeless, one day in the unfortunate future, another Police Officer is going to make the ultimate sacrifice by maybe just approaching a fed up crazy homeless. LAST WEEKS SHOOTING IN LUMUS PARK WAS A HOMELESS vs HOMELESS. THAT BULLET COULD OF BEEN MEANT FOR THE NEXT UNIFORM THAT ARRESTS THE SAME HOMELESS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR D.I.P. (sometimes not)!

03-23-2008, 04:31 PM
OK, then just ignore it. Thanks for trying though. Your speech brought a tear to my eye. Hey, lets just ignore anyone that "MAY" be dangerous. That will help also. From now on, never go to any call that may involve any chance of anything ever happening at all. You should never go to any call unless it is a lost teddy bear call. Get dressed for work - careful not to pinch yourself with the zipper, and then huddle in a corner because anything else is too scary. We make DIP arrests because it does make Ocean Dr. and Lumus park better - even if it's just for a few hours. Is it frustrating - yes. It is an excercise in futility - yes. Does it piss you off when they are let out after a few hours - yes. But it is our job to do what needs to be done. Someday the politicians will make the penalties harsher for these quality of life violators. Until then, we owe it to the people we protect to do the job, no matter how nasty it can get. Calling in scared is not an option.

03-24-2008, 12:11 AM
HEY THERE COMPANY BOY. IF YOU ARE SO INTO THE JOB, THEN DO IT 100%. BEING HOMELESS IS NOT A CRIME. DIP IS A COUNTY ORDINANCE. IF YOU ARE SO WILLING TO BEND OVER BACKWARDS AND MAKE THE CITY AND BRASS HAPPY THEN YOU BETTER DO IT ACROSS THE BOARDS AND ARREST "EVERY PERSON" THAT IS DRINKING IN PUBLIC. WHY PICK ON THE EVERYDAY 35 HOMELESS? BECAUSE MAYBE MOST OF THE TIME "YOU" ARE ALSO? AND WE ALL KNOW REFERING TO. SO GO AHEAD AND ARREST THE DIP's. BUT ALL THE ONES BEING BROUGHT IN ARE HOMELESS, SMELLY, FILTHY ONES. THERE BETTER BE SOME DIP's ARRESTS WHERE THE VIOLATORS ARE SUITS, DOCTORS, LAWYERS, PROFESSIONALS, MOMS, DADS, CITY OFFICIALS, ETC. THAT ARE AAAALLLLLLL OVER OCEAN DR. LUMUS PARK VIOLATING THE SAME COUNTY CODE.

03-24-2008, 04:28 AM
I hope you didn't wet yourself with that harsh response. It can be very scary typing in all capital letters. Summer is coming, you better get back in your rubber room quickly before a mosquito bites you. Hurry. BTW, DIP arrests are not for the brass, they are for the citizens and visitors to Miami Beach, dumbass. Have some pride in yourself and your job and make this community better, that is, if you can find your way out of your plastic bubble for more than a few minutes

03-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I hope you didn't wet yourself with that harsh response. It can be very scary typing in all capital letters. Summer is coming, you better get back in your rubber room quickly before a mosquito bites you. Hurry. BTW, DIP arrests are not for the brass, they are for the citizens and visitors to Miami Beach, dumbass. Have some pride in yourself and your job and make this community better, that is, if you can find your way out of your plastic bubble for more than a few minutes
Hey! hey, let's all get along :)
I think what the writer is trying to get across is DOUBLE STANDARDS. DIP arrests is a way of making Miami Beach entertainment area PRETTIER for the public.
I see bot points: 1st if my family is down there the last thing I would want them to see/smell is the eyesoar of the homeless. But 2nd, as a Police Officer I KNOW better. That PRIDE and YOUR JOB comment extends further than lil Miami Beach. It comes from within, and what is good for the goose is good for the gander. What it comes down to we as Police Officers, do have discretion, but SHOULD not be told by BRASS, to pick and choose who to 39 for DIP. By all means if they are acting up drawing attention, 39!

03-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Would someone please find me 3 Command staff members who were ever real street cops. I know we have 1 or 2 but the over all command staff has no clue about police work. And I think thats why we have most of the problems we have around here. Some of them make decisions and dont know what is even going on because they have never done the job.

03-25-2008, 07:06 AM
3!? you are asking much brother!

03-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Would someone please find me 3 Command staff members who were ever real street cops. I know we have 1 or 2 but the over all command staff has no clue about police work. And I think thats why we have most of the problems we have around here. Some of them make decisions and dont know what is even going on because they have never done the job.

You are an idiot.

Every command staff member has done the job. Some more than others, but they were all cops long before you were. It is you that have not been a command staff member, so you are in no position to judge them. They have a hard job of balancing the needs of the city with the needs of whining, *****ing cops who can't even find a need to arrest a homeless person for DIP. Further, people like you can't understand the reasons for certain decisions because you listen to the rumors and complaints instead of thinking about what is behind it. Just as your remarkably stupid comment about command staff never being cops is poorly thought out, so are your generalizations about the "problems" we have around here. Please be specific about what "problems" we have around here so that I can further examine your misunderstanding. The truth of the matter is that we have it better than almost any other department in the state. Do we have too many special events? YES, but that is not the fault of anyone in the department, and we are compensated handsomely for our efforts. A message to our leaders: please do not take this persons comments as representative of everyone in the department. I understand how difficult your job is. I have faith that you will do the best you can in your unenviable position of having to balance all of the competing interests around here.

04-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Forget about the DIP arrest for a sec because not everyone drinks and stays behind to sleep, piss, do 52, fight, 29/26 and more. Nothing against the homeless but it is a real problem in Miami Beach, who will argue that? Next time you 39 one of them, take them to TGK instead of DCJ... they might just go to Doral's golf courses next time.

04-05-2008, 05:04 AM
sorry, so does the many patrons/citizens that come to this city for the MIAMI BEACH LIFESTYLE/EXPERIENCE. work the 1st shift and experience the call after call of pissing in public, fighting, and fighting. i am not an advocate of the homeless by any means, but don't ell me to clean up lumus park ref homeless to make sobe PRETTIER, when every swinging d--k is doing the same thing, just that they don't smell as bad :)

04-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Go out and vote. The fed's tied our hands many years ago. The City of Miami got sued over arresting the homeless. You want change then vote and fight for change. Its not at our level. Crying to the Mayor won't save you either. She will blow smoke up your butt but can't change anything.