PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Team...

03-13-2008, 12:42 AM
A tactical team at USf is a joke periold. By the time it takes to get together a USF tactical team, it's would be too late. A real practiced tactical team, with a lot more practice could be called out...TPD or HCSO .

We have new rifles, why not train everyone in the use of them as oppossed to the antiquated shotgun used to train for a heavy response situatation?

This USF tactical team is BS, compared to what would really happen, in a real on campus shooter situation. It seems to be just another police- elite force, popularity contest, as oppossed to what would really happen on this campus.

Has the first person shooter gone by the wayside for the delay of a generic tactical response squad, that would in reality never be brought together in time of respones, but looks good on paper and prestige?

03-13-2008, 02:38 AM
I agree, what about the active shooter situation that we have been somewhat trained for? We are expected to go into an active shooter situation when there are rifles available, but not to the person working the shift (probaby a day shift) , when the incident occurrs? Only to call in a generic USF tactical response team (how much time would that take?), when by that time a professional tactical response team could be called in? It doesnt make sense.....someone help me out here? Everyone working the dayshift should be trained in the use of the rifles.

03-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Why not UCF has a team....

03-14-2008, 11:27 PM
All of these questions asked were cleared up by the training Sgt.'s departmental email.

03-15-2008, 12:17 AM
From what I understand, UCF has a good K9 too? Not just a scruffy poodel sniffer dog, but an actuall police K9? USF needs this too.

03-18-2008, 04:55 PM
From a LEO who is in the trenches and a daughter at USF... all of you on every shift need to be trained on an active shooter scenario. Waiting for others to respond in this day and age will not work. The threat must be neutralized immediatly ! I also talk from 30 plus years experience in South Fl Law Enforcement and a current crisis negotiator. Kill the threat now not later ! The idea of just wait for the tactical team on active shooter cases does not work and just gets people killed. I have always carried additional legal guns, plus aditional ammo in a carry case with back straps. Good luck guys.. USF is also a soft target and planning for the worst case scenario should be on going !

03-19-2008, 03:36 AM
Everyone should be trained in the use of the rifles, not just a select few. If USF does not want to buy more, let the Officers do what TTPD did and let the Officers purchase them.

03-19-2008, 05:15 AM
Everyone in the department WILL be trained in usage of the rifles. A select few, ( those that put in for it) will be additionally trained to higher standards.

So to clarify EVERYONE will be trained in usage of the rifle and those FEW officers that submitted their names for consideration into the tactical program will recieve additional training.

03-22-2008, 01:56 AM
I heard Chief Longo definately has his favorites, as compared to the when I left under Cheif Johnson's Admin. Moral was low then, but I heard it has gotten worse. New people will probably get out just like I did, its a never ending cycle at USF PD, just like when I was there, not matter who the Chief is probably. It was a good place to start, thats all I can say.

03-22-2008, 03:40 AM
You can run all the chubby guys through a certified course, as long as their giving it 100% and their the head trainers buddy, they're going to pass, even if they fall down and drop they're rifle and it skids across the grass. The main important thing, is that they come back with some knowledge and pass it along to the people they are working with. It's a new era, period. Shotguns are out, rifles are needed, and training with those rifles are needed....period. Negelct to train everyone with rifles ASAP, is....that,...pure Neglect...in these times. Clean the bubble gum and the cigarette butts out of the shotgun barrels, and train your people in the use of a weapon of the needed 20th centruty weapon against a major incident...ehh.., too late for that,..... so lets train for the 21st centruty in what police will face.

People it's not that hard. In the 1930's the gangsters had the weapon advantage of automatic weapons against the police. It's the 21st centrury and they have it again...Train...Train...Train. Don't lag behind. Study history, and don't let it repeat itself.

03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I dont know if the chief has his favorites but those who were picked for the tactical team were the only ones who applied. So if you are whining about it why didnt you apply? To much effort? Maybe like usual on this blog you dont even work here? And if you do work here stop your crying because you are nothing more than a barnacle on a ship that others move forward.

03-28-2008, 04:06 AM
Is being able to shoot, one of the qualifications for the being a member of the "team" ???

Just asking :wink: