PDA

View Full Version : Removed Thread

MOD 1
03-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I have removed a thread that violated the Terms of Use. If it continues, the posters will be banned.

The following is an example of a hypothetical scenario with two postings; one acceptable and one not:

-----EXAMPLE OF UNACCEPTABLE POST BELOW-----
I heard that Sgt. Peter is having an affair with a female diver on the department. His wife, Julie, should sleep with AJ (he'll sack anything) on his squad to get back at him.
-----EXAMPLE OF UNACCEPTABLE POST ABOVE-----

The above post, totally fabricated, improperly names the Sgt. who is supposedly having the affair, essentially identifies the female by listing where she works, supplies personal information about the Sgt by stating he's married and supplying his wife's name, and identifies another officer in the light of misconduct by using his initials. These are ALL violations.

LEOAFFAIRS.COM is not the place for this stuff. If you were going to write about such things, here's what you could get away with:

-----EXAMPLE OF ACCEPTABLE POST BELOW-----
There are people of rank on this department who still haven't learned that it doesn't pay to sleep around with people on this department, especially if you are married. Some things will probably never change, but this really bothers me!
-----EXAMPLE OF ACCEPTABLE POST ABOVE-----

Mod 1