PDA

View Full Version : Why Bother?

03-10-2008, 01:33 AM
I don't know why I'm surprised by the latest non-assessment upstairs, but come on! HOW is THAT NOT a specialty? We can't find good recruits, the passable ones stay for a few years and go where there is actual opportunity. How 'bout some limits on the upstairs rotations? In a department our size having over 10 years as a detective is ridiculous. I know it makes them fat and happy, who could still fit in their uniform? Beano and Chan? But for the rest of us its a real morale killer. A chance at something besides copying a call is really all we can offer and we're not doing it.

03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I will agree with much of what you said. I really think the wrong person got that position, he couldn't interview someone with a guilty conscious that got caught red-handed, and has all the character of a block of wood. But....did you go out for the last ISD assessment? Just think, they are already onto the fifth person on the list. The first two are now permanent, the third is up there on rotation, and the fourth just got POP. That essentially means everyone on that list is going to get a shot up there before they have to do another assessment.

03-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I think that position is a specialized one and should have a seperate assessment only because it is not for everyone. That is going to be a difficult task I hope he is up for it.

03-11-2008, 12:13 AM
IF you want more specialty positions or a shot a isd then go somewhere else. Ask PPark how their "term" limits in isd have worked out. People can barely complete a simple report and you want to put limits on isd.

You spend a few years in burg/eco then move on to cap's, etc.....

quit complaining and do your job!!

03-12-2008, 08:40 PM
who got the new ISD spot??????????????????????????

03-14-2008, 07:39 PM
What do you have there, a couple of burglary people, a robbery/homicide person or two, an economic crimes fighter or two? Why not trade your blue, or black, in for green? PCSO has more people assigned to burglary/pawn than your entire ISD? The number of people assigned to CID, CAP, CAC, Criminal Intell. and Narcotics at PCSO is greater than your entire department.

Give it up. There's not enough spots there. Small agency, small opportunity. The alternative is to work your own cases all the way through to prosecution, or seek transfer to your traffic unit, which by the way is the same size it was when it started in the 1983-84 budget year. Wow! Six traffic guys, maybe seven next year, huh?

03-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Re-he-he-he-heally?! The Sheriff's Office is cutting their budget by $25 miillion. People are losing their jobs. Robbery sergeant? Seeya. DV deputies? Back to the street! SPOT deputies? 10-65 a Sig 38. Not filling jobs in CID burglary? Happened last year. Oh, yeah, you guys are doing just great. Easier for us to cut a half million than you guys in green to ax 50 times that.

03-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I don't know why I'm surprised by the latest non-assessment upstairs, but come on! HOW is THAT NOT a specialty? We can't find good recruits, the passable ones stay for a few years and go where there is actual opportunity. How 'bout some limits on the upstairs rotations? In a department our size having over 10 years as a detective is ridiculous. I know it makes them fat and happy, who could still fit in their uniform? Beano and Chan? But for the rest of us its a real morale killer. A chance at something besides copying a call is really all we can offer and we're not doing it.

Don't be jealous.

03-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Small agency, small opportunity? At least we fill our officer positions with people who are cops. Your Chief Deputy isn't even certified.

By the way, was the road not getting it's 3% part of the budget cuts? Oh, no, that's right, it was your choice to make less than the jailers! Haaaaaaaaa! Get out of here and go take a look at your own board full of misery.

03-15-2008, 02:23 AM
Why would the, all mighty, oh so better then every other department in Pinellas County, godly, perfect, PCSO deputy come onto our lowly departments forum and grace us with his awesome words of wisdom?!?! I mean come on, I know you think your god in heaven but give it a break. There is not a single agency in Pinellas County that has the superiority complex that some of you deputies do. I do not see Clearwater, Pinellas Park, St Petersburg, Largo. Tarpon springs, or any other department that constantly goes onto other peoples boards and starts the same lame, brainless, factless, and boring statements. Pick up a book, watch a movie, search the internet....do something to expand your brain and come up with something new to spam on our boards.

All departments have something to offer someone. Yes your department has 4 times the deputies/officers we do. Guess what? That means that for every specialty position open you have at least 4 times the number of people trying out for it. I have been in Largo less then 3 years and I can have weekends off, my choice of the zone and beat where I work and the flexibility to really be there for my family. Also based on the rapport and reputation I am building with my fellow officers, supervisors, and detectives... when I DO try out for a position, I will at least be seriously considered...as opposed to just another number at PCSO.

Also, look at your own forum..the moral there seems to be REAL high.... So high that maybe you want to go onto our forum and try to start some dissent among the troops? Go back to your own little forum and spread that love of your agency you obviously have..they seem to need it.

Every officer that cares to try will eventually get into the specialty position of his choice. All they have to do is wait for it and keep trying. 90 percent of us are happy and I believe moral is at an all time high here....can you say the same Mr Deputy? I think not!

..and THAT...is my two cents....

03-15-2008, 06:06 AM
THEN WHY ARE OFFICERS LEAVING LPD TO COME TO PCSO.....I DONT KNOW OF ANY LEAVING PCSO TO GO TO LPD.

ENOUGH SAID..................

03-15-2008, 06:46 AM
thats cause we're fully staffed little guy. Enjoy your 5 8's

03-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Take a good look at the ones you are hiring from us and you'll realize that you've been a dumping ground for us for quite a while. And thank you.

03-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Take a good look at the ones you are hiring from us and you'll realize that you've been a dumping ground for us for quite a while. And thank you.

03-15-2008, 10:12 AM
was getting a little boring, underused. Just trying to liven things up. Guess I succeeded. Did you mean morale? Wow, three years on and going through the john wayne syndrome. Three years makes a veteran at lpd, huh? No, seriously, if you're happy, by all means, don't expand your knowledge base, forget what was posted about opportunity at another agency. Won't be long before three year guy is a lieutenant there.

03-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Last time I checked, we all do the same job and face the same risks. Knock of this ridiculous bickering and take care of one another out on the street.

Watch out for manbearpig while you're out there. He's half man, half bear, half pig. Very dangerous.

04-08-2008, 11:57 PM
[was getting a little boring, underused. Just trying to liven things up...[/quote]

Is that how you spend your time off? Going on other agencies boards to pick out their spelling errors and try to "liven things up" by talking crap? I feel sorry for you dude. Get a girlfriend....or at least a life.

04-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks for your sympathy dude. You just assumed I am a male, I guess. I thought my posts were gender neutral. Do you know what that means honey? Sounds about right for a sexist porker. Anyway, you must be bored yourself if you are first reading my post, then responding to it. Perhaps you need to get a significant other dude. Ok, now back to your petty, insignificant job checking pawn slips, or writing expired tags, or catching a glimpse of yourself in the mirror or your reflection in the glass. Let's see, two guaranteed breaks and lunch everyday. What an interesting and dangerous life you lead.

04-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey! You can't use that word.

04-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I love it. The madder you get the more I post.