PDA

View Full Version : I'm interested in joining NPPD

03-08-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm an unemployed cop with a scratch on my record from my previous agency (I wasn't fired). How does the administration usually look upon officers in my situation coming aboard? I can't get into detail on a public board, but my discipline had nothing to do with girls, booze, drugs, or stealing. I am looking for a change, but I really don't want to have to go to S. Fla. or the panhandle. NPPD seems like it'd afford me the chance to start fresh, do my traffic stops, hump calls, and stay out of the political BS. Comments? Thoughts? Criticisms? Thanks, guys and girls. Be safe

03-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Don't do it!!! Run far far away from NPPD!!! Chief Lewis is not to be trusted nor are his cronnies who do his dirty work! If Lewis were not there, it would be a great place to work!!!

mod 352
03-09-2008, 01:46 AM
Don't listen to that garbage, we have a good agency. Send me a personal message and I will answer some of your questions without the public scrutiny.

03-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Ahhh, now I understand the real reason why things have been deleted on this site! The MOD is a company man who can't stand to hear the truth about his fear(clue)less leader and his robot cronnies. Unless of course he is one of them...which is highly possible!

03-09-2008, 12:36 PM
YUP JUST LIKE OUR DEPT OUR OWN BOARD IS LAME , WHY WELL A COMPANY MAN FROM OUR SILLY LITTLE PD RUNS THE BOARD, WOW WEE :shock: :shock:

mod 352
03-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Since I do work for the NPPD I would not air my frustrations or complaints in public. There is a thing called professionalism which is lacking by any poster that actually works here and posts these types of comments. Call me or anyone else what you wish it will do not good.

03-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Don't bother waisting your time. North Port is not a good agency and is not well respected by any of the other surrounding departments. That whole agency is full of liars. Check into the stories and you will find out for yourself. They are HORRIBLE and most likely will be falling under the county in the next couple of years. Try SSO or Charlotte. As long as you are honest, there should be no problem.

03-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Since you are one of NPPD finest...One would hope that you would learn to write a complete sentence and use proper punctuation. Guess those "four year college" degrees are only as useful as the paper that it is written on.

guest45
03-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Don't bother waisting your time. North Port is not a good agency and is not well respected by any of the other surrounding departments. That whole agency is full of liars. Check into the stories and you will find out for yourself. They are HORRIBLE and most likely will be falling under the county in the next couple of years. Try SSO or Charlotte. As long as you are honest, there should be no problem.

It appears that chicken little is back crying that the pd is going to SSO. It's like one of the old records that the needle would get stuck in the same grove repeating the same thing. NPPD is a great place to work. I won't get into the other agencies.

03-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Rah Rah sis boom bah! Let's all cheer for TL and his team. They are really making a difference. It takes three NPPD cars to make one traffic stop. It happens daily. Not to mention all the "boys" hanging in at the 7-11 or Publix. Ten guys having lunch at Applebees. Ohhh! Yeah! Look around. City is going down fast. How many city employees were laid off last week? Home foreclosures and no taxes, equals cutbacks. It's called reality and TL does not have the political power since he has burned and lied to so many. Like a cheap house of cards it is slowly diminishing. Tsk! Tsk! No chicken little here. Keep beating your chest and telling yourself that all is great in "Mayberry."

03-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Heck come on down and join us good old boys here in Hazzard County. We'll take all the failures from everywhere else. We offer a great package. We will provide you with a brand new car (that you never have to get out of apart to issue at traffic citation) you dont have to be polite to any citizens of the town and you can harrass everone you want to.

03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Once more we have Non-NPPD'ers on this site to bash the Agency and it's officers. You people are getting to the point of pathetic! A few non-contents come on here to act like they are talking for the citizenry of North Port. Just what do you think you are saying here that any one of us will ever pay attention to? Like any Agency, there will be problems. When they are recognized, they are dealt with. We don't have people coming here and leaving for other departments, unless family matters dictate a move. We have people coming here from other Agencies because it IS a good place to work. So save your hatred for Bin-Laden.

03-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh trust me when I say I speak for the majority of the citizens. Our PD our one of the most embarrassing useless bunch of Hazzard County rejects there ever was. THE ONLY THING THEY ARE GOOD AT IS WRITING TICKETS. This doesnt take any brain power to do this. GOD help us if we ever really needed them to do anything positive or useful.

03-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Once more we have Non-NPPD'ers on this site to bash the Agency and it's officers. You people are getting to the point of pathetic! A few non-contents come on here to act like they are talking for the citizenry of North Port. Just what do you think you are saying here that any one of us will ever pay attention to? Like any Agency, there will be problems. When they are recognized, they are dealt with. We don't have people coming here and leaving for other departments, unless family matters dictate a move. We have people coming here from other Agencies because it IS a good place to work. So save your hatred for Bin-Laden.

Well you paid attention to it... Didnt you?????

03-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh trust me when I say I speak for the majority of the citizens. Our PD our one of the most embarrassing useless bunch of Hazzard County rejects there ever was. THE ONLY THING THEY ARE GOOD AT IS WRITING TICKETS. This doesnt take any brain power to do this. GOD help us if we ever really needed them to do anything positive or useful.
Well you paid attention to it... Didnt you?????

Paying attention? NO! Addressing the fact that you always come on here to slam everyone on this Department? You got it!

03-10-2008, 08:09 PM
None of the other sites have such a strong opinion. People are speaking from thier experiences regarding NPPD. North Port is in the business of burning people. When mistakes happen, which happen daily, they are not held accountable for thier actions. I bet if you did a thorough background and included a polygraph, many that are at that department would not have a job including TL. Facts versus opinions! Stay away from NPPD. You do not not see this in other agencies.

03-10-2008, 08:25 PM
when things go bad in our city we call upon scso not nppd. :D

03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Another liar has spoken! :roll:

03-11-2008, 03:15 AM
No...that is the truth!

03-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Please give examples of YOUR calls to SCSO, I'd love to hear this! :lol:

03-11-2008, 04:48 PM
This is really kind of funny. People are proud that they work in a place that has a higer call volume and more crime. That is just brilliant! Keep your high crime and call volume. I like working in a city that does not have crack heads and prostitues walking up and down 41. I like the fact that we have been able to maintain a City that has a population of over 50,000 people. Look at City's like Bradentona and Sarasota. Riddled with violent crime and drug abuse on the streets. Going shopping is a task in those citys. Keep believing that you are superior, it means nothing. Oh but i guess you are unable to realize the reason we do this job and what our goals are. Sorry that there are some that hate the Police, all that shows is that we do our job, like it or not. So all of you outsiders that hate the NPPD, sorry, we are here and that is that.

03-11-2008, 04:58 PM
BORING TOWN LOOK ELSEWHERE :wink:

MORE OPPORTUNITES ELSEWHERE IF YOUR YOUNG.

03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
BORING TOWN LOOK ELSEWHERE :wink:

MORE OPPORTUNITES ELSEWHERE IF YOUR YOUNG.

What you meant to list your name as there is probably due to dyslexia! It should listed as A NON NPPD!

n

03-12-2008, 04:14 AM
agree traffic thats all we have :cry:

03-12-2008, 04:16 AM
we have a sweet web site :D :arrow: :shock:

03-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Lets be real! North Port doesn't have a major GANG problem? North Port does not have prostitution? I would hate to mention the drugs that are here in North Port. Those weed houses are never found here, right? Burglary and theft never happens here in North Port, right? DUI's don't happen in North Port, right? Murders? You have the same problem that Sarasota has. The problem is that NPPD is so focused on BS charges and arrests, that is makes them look desperate. Big picture is important and NPPD severly lacks good judgement. They are all a bunch of Barney Fife/Reno 911 lackies. Pull up them duty belts boys we have a traffic stop to make.

03-12-2008, 12:39 PM

No this guy is right. We call SCSO as well. There is no point calling North Port. Total vote of no confindence. I have to friends who live in North Port and they both work for SSCO as they even both have said they would never work for North Port as the reputation is so bad.

03-12-2008, 02:04 PM
North Port is a great City with a great Police Department. They are aggresive and that is a plus. We do have crime in North Port, I think that comes with having citizens. The difference is that North Port deals with it and does not pull the rug over it. I have been stopped by North Port for speeding a I received a warning. They were polite and non aggresive. I have no issue with them.

03-12-2008, 04:44 PM
North Port is a great City with a great Police Department. They are aggresive and that is a plus. We do have crime in North Port, I think that comes with having citizens. The difference is that North Port deals with it and does not pull the rug over it. I have been stopped by North Port for speeding a I received a warning. They were polite and non aggresive. I have no issue with them.

The only reason you didnt get a ticket was they were in a hurry to get to Applebees

03-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I happen to like North Port as well. I am a proud citizen who thinks that the city is doing fine. I keep up with the Commision meeting and activities here. I have encouraged family and friends to move here and they have. They all love it here.

03-13-2008, 02:00 AM
All we see are ignorant people bashing a great young City. I love the growth and hope to see North Port continue to move forward as it has over the past few years. What you young people do not understand is that you are witnessing a great thing here, the birth of a City. Most people do not get to see this in their life time.

03-13-2008, 07:57 AM
your joking right? please north port is far from a city. north port is no city come on stop it will ya.

03-13-2008, 11:58 AM
your joking right? please north port is far from a city. north port is no city come on stop it will ya.

Yes genius, it IS a City! That's why it's called the City of North Port. Got some bad news for ya rookie, whatever pd it is you're working for, you won't get past the FTO program. This is a good example of your mentality and lack of intelligence.

03-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Nice try Jw................

03-13-2008, 08:54 PM
If I say anything on this site, I put my name on it. I can't say that for you, obviously. If you want to bash me for whatever reason it is you have, go to town, just know that if it doesn't have my name on it, it isn't me.
To the unemployed officer looking to go to North Port, it is a good agency and a good city to work in. All agencies have their issues, North Port has theirs, just make sure you go by the book there and keep your nose clean as long as you are there.

J.W.