PDA

View Full Version : CCA TAKING OVER THE JAIL

03-06-2008, 10:58 PM
WORD HAS IT THAT CCA WILL BE TAKIN GOVER THE JAIL JULY 1.GOOD LUCKY MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS.TAKE CARE

03-07-2008, 12:22 AM
WORD HAS IT THAT CCA WILL BE TAKIN GOVER THE JAIL JULY 1.GOOD LUCKY MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS.TAKE CARE

No BOCC is

03-07-2008, 01:07 AM
IS THIS ANOTHER RUMOR?

03-07-2008, 02:22 AM
IS THIS ANOTHER RUMOR?

It's worse than a rumor.

It's absolute nonsense.

Some people just enjoy stirring up the gullible..............

-----------------------------------------http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m146/bigandbald/remoteImage-3.gif--------------------------------------------------

03-07-2008, 04:56 AM
BOCC CANT HANDLE THE JAILS

03-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Wish someone would take it over. It is falling apart ever since Gee took Office

03-07-2008, 06:42 AM
It would be a great idea if the jail was ran like Orange and Volusia county.
BOCC not the Sheriff's office .

Please Keep CCA away !!!

03-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Yea CCA is coming in to take over one of the largest jails in the nation with 10 weeks notice, If you can't figure out that is BS then your brain dead!

CCA did an audit a couple years back and said the jail operation was to large for them to handle. The largest jail they ever ran was 1,000 inmates. Hillsborough county is 4 times that. They would strugle to staff it. They normally run rural jails where there are few jobs and people are forced to work there.

So quit with the lies! Not any being considered!

03-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Yea CCA is coming in to take over one of the largest jails in the nation with 10 weeks notice, If you can't figure out that is BS then your brain dead!

CCA did an audit a couple years back and said the jail operation was to large for them to handle. The largest jail they ever ran was 1,000 inmates. Hillsborough county is 4 times that. They would strugle to staff it. They normally run rural jails where there are few jobs and people are forced to work there.

No problem.

CCA can take it over and hire most (not all) of the current detention deputies. Of course everyone becomes a civilian employee of a civilian employer and loses all the benefits of being a county employee as well as participation in the Florida Retirement System. I'm sure they have some kind of health insurance program that you can pay to participate in. And the state requires workers' comp coverage. Don't know that they will provide free life insurance, short term disability and long term disability though.

But cheer up. You may make more money. Or maybe not. CCA is a private business and has to make a profit. They may raise your hourly wage, or may not. They don't have the taxpayer pocketbook to dip into. And of course the PBA doesn't represent civilian employees, so there they go.

And of course if an inmate assaults you he isn't assaulting an officer, just a citizen, so he may not feel as reluctant to do so.

So those earlier posters might be a little more careful about what they wish for. They may get it.

:shock: :snicker: :shock: :snicker: :shock:

03-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Factor this Polk County need deputies, Manatee needs deputies, Pinellas and Pasco. I gurantee you 300 plus deputies would get jobs there. Manatee, Pasco and Pinellas pay more than Hillsborough. Detention deputies are not property of the Sheriff, we just don't switch shirts one day because he goes private. We have to choose to work there. CCA would never be able to staff it. People would leave for the money or they would leave for other FRS jobs. Hell 150 leave ayear just because they don't like the job. So I hope CCA is hiring now, they have about 500 new people to hire and train.

This entire thread is BS started by someone to stir the pot. It is not being considered, CCA has not been to out jail in years and they have not submitted any interest nor has the Sheriff soliciated it. Stop the BS

03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
who the he-- are yo.keep the bull---- going you nimwit :lol:

03-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Factor this Polk County need deputies, Manatee needs deputies, Pinellas and Pasco. I gurantee you 300 plus deputies would get jobs there. Manatee, Pasco and Pinellas pay more than Hillsborough. Detention deputies are not property of the Sheriff, we just don't switch shirts one day because he goes private. We have to choose to work there. CCA would never be able to staff it. People would leave for the money or they would leave for other FRS jobs. Hell 150 leave ayear just because they don't like the job. So I hope CCA is hiring now, they have about 500 new people to hire and train.

This entire thread is BS started by someone to stir the pot. It is not being considered, CCA has not been to out jail in years and they have not submitted any interest nor has the Sheriff soliciated it. Stop the BS

With regard to how quickly our detention deputies could move to these other counties --- why don't they? Wow, they would get parity pay! There must be something that keeps them here.

Whatever it is shows that living here is more important to them than parity pay and all the other things that are supposed to make those other jobs so attractive. They don't want to move and they don't want to commute. So, on balance they prefer to stay here. If you have the option and don't take it then quit complaining.

With regard to your second paragraph, I agree. It was just someone wanting to stir the pot with a b.s. post.

03-08-2008, 02:34 AM

With regard to how quickly our detention deputies could move to these other counties --- why don't they? Wow, they would get parity pay! There must be something that keeps them here.

Whatever it is shows that living here is more important to them than parity pay and all the other things that are supposed to make those other jobs so attractive. They don't want to move and they don't want to commute. So, on balance they prefer to stay here. If you have the option and don't take it then quit complaining.

With regard to your second paragraph, I agree. It was just someone wanting to stir the pot with a b.s. post.

Why should any one have to move to get what was promised? Why should any one have to pack up? Most Every county in this state can figure out how to do it (parity). This is a reward issue, reward those that are loyal and stay. your suggestion to move is a typical HCSO brass statement. Do you understand that loyality should work both ways? If you relocate then you start out at the bottom, do you understand that? Pay grade one! You give up seniority, do you understand that?

03-08-2008, 05:38 PM
If parity pay comes our way, I am asking for a transfer to the jail. Detention deputies better be ready to come to the street. No hard feelings. I respect the heck out of the detention deputies and have never belittled them, but the job IS different. And if it pays the same, i will trade my street job for the same pay, anyday! :wink:

03-08-2008, 05:43 PM
If parity pay comes our way, I am asking for a transfer to the jail. Detention deputies better be ready to come to the street. No hard feelings. I respect the heck out of the detention deputies and have never belittled them, but the job IS different. And if it pays the same, i will trade my street job for the same pay, anyday! :wink:

We could use the help. We have more posts then Deputies.

03-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh no my friend, you must have misunderstood my intentions. When I bid to the jail, a dentention deputy will be bumped to the street. The ratio shall remain the same. We are short handed as well. You just might end up working where your seniority allows you to, detention or law enforcement. You may have enough seniority to remain in the jail, but those that won't will have to work the street instead of the jail if there is parity pay. While I repeat, I respect you and your job, I do not think that detention work is the same as law enforcement work!

03-08-2008, 11:19 PM

Why should any one have to move to get what was promised? Why should any one have to pack up? Most Every county in this state can figure out how to do it (parity). This is a reward issue, reward those that are loyal and stay. your suggestion to move is a typical HCSO brass statement. Do you understand that loyality should work both ways? If you relocate then you start out at the bottom, do you understand that? Pay grade one! You give up seniority, do you understand that?

Clearly you miss the point. The THREAT in the first-quoted post was that if the jail went private then most people would leave. The point was that if it were that attractive to leave those people would already be gone. The point was that it IS NOT that attractive to leave --- even for parity pay. There was no suggestion that anyone leave so it wasn't a so-called typical HCSO brass statement. It was pointing out that even without parity pay staying here is the option that most people have selected.

Hope you get it now.

03-09-2008, 02:01 AM

While I don't know whether the original poster is right or not, you keep posting this as the reason why they would not. You should verify your information before speak. First of all even if you were right, then maybe they would want to try a large facility.

Second, your posts are wrong and show your ignorance. We have two facilities with a total capacity of approximately 4,500 - assuming they are pretty equal means two facilities with roughly 2,250 capacity (I am not sure of the exact count at each facility.)

Here is a list of facilities they run close to that size:
La Palma Correctional Center - 3060 beds - http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility ... ?facid=185 (http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility_detailed.cfm?facid=185)
California City Correctional Center - 2650 beds - http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility ... ?facid=104 (http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility_detailed.cfm?facid=104)
Dawson State Jail- 2216 beds - http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility ... ?facid=175 (http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility_detailed.cfm?facid=175)
Diamondback Correctional Facility - 2160 beds
Mineral Wells Pre-Parole Transfer Facility - 2103 beds
Hardeman County Correctional Center - 2016 beds
Northeast Ohio Correctional Center - 2016 beds

Maybe you should check your facts before posting information.

03-09-2008, 02:36 AM

You ask too much!

Rumor mongers don't deal in facts.

:shock:

03-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Here is a list of facilities they run close to that size:
La Palma Correctional Center - 3060 beds - http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility ... ?facid=185 (http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility_detailed.cfm?facid=185)
California City Correctional Center - 2650 beds - http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility ... ?facid=104 (http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility_detailed.cfm?facid=104)
Dawson State Jail- 2216 beds - http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility ... ?facid=175 (http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility_detailed.cfm?facid=175)
Diamondback Correctional Facility - 2160 beds
Mineral Wells Pre-Parole Transfer Facility - 2103 beds
Hardeman County Correctional Center - 2016 beds
Northeast Ohio Correctional Center - 2016 beds

Those are long term prison centers, not local jails with pretrial inmates, a 72,000 inmate booking center per year, major daily transportations to court, etc...And none of them are anywhere near 4,000 inmates.

Go down to administration and ask to see the audit completed by CCA and Wakenhut, both said the operation was to big for them. After you read the report, come back and say your sorry. The Col. secretary can point you in the right direction.

03-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Those are long term prison centers, not local jails with pretrial inmates, a 72,000 inmate booking center per year, major daily transportations to court, etc...And none of them are anywhere near 4,000 inmates.

Go down to administration and ask to see the audit completed by CCA and Wakenhut, both said the operation was to big for them. After you read the report, come back and say your sorry. The Col. secretary can point you in the right direction.

Let's start with the basics of your faulty logic - your argument is that they won't do it because they have not done it in the past plus some audit they did several years ago. You lack the fundamentals of understanding business - maybe things have changed for CCA now. Companies grow over time, and their capabilities grow with them. Remember that one of the world's largest retailers was started as a single store in a very small town in 1962 - you may have heard of them as Walmart. Using your argument Walmart would not exist today because back in 1962 they only had one store, and they would not be able to have two or more stores since they never had more than one store at that point.

Now let's move on to the rest of your post - the difference between one and multiple facilities. HCSO has two facilities with a total of 4500 beds, not one facility with 4500 beds. On the links posted CCA would list each of our facilities separately. The first one on the list is La Palma - one of six facilities they own and operate in that one county (Central Arizona, Eloy, Florence, Red Rock, Saguaro are the others.) The total for the facilities they operate in that one county is 12,180 beds. You can use HCSO's per facility count of 2,250 to compare to the numbers in the original post. If you want to use your 4,000 inmates (4,500 bed) numbers of the facilities added together, then you should use the 12,180 bed count for CCA.

As for the differences between a jail and prison/correctional center, there are only a few: quantity of inmates coming into and going out of the facility on a daily basis, and quantity of transports to court. There are many options to handle that - maybe HCSO keeps booking and transportation, maybe they keep transportation, and maybe they outsource it all. HCSO has about 200 inmates booked in on average per day, and releases a similar number. If CCA can manage six facilities with 12,180 beds in one county, they can figure out how to handle booking and releasing 200 people per day. CCA could also probably figure out how to handle transportation to court.

03-11-2008, 01:01 AM
When CCA takes over the jail I will say I'm sorry, until then shut up. They are not coming. The Col came to roll call. The question was asked, and he replied they are not coming, it is not any a consideration. So this thread is dead. Fell free to confirm that with him.

03-11-2008, 01:38 AM
When CCA takes over the jail I will say I'm sorry, until then shut up. They are not coming. The Col came to roll call. The question was asked, and he replied they are not coming, it is not any a consideration. So this thread is dead. Fell free to confirm that with him.

Well that sucks, I was counting on the pay raise from CCA.

03-11-2008, 08:26 AM
You must be a rookie if you think the colonel would tell you in roll call that cca is being considered. Dude that is way above your pay scale. Do you really think he would come out and say oh yea we are definitely looking at eliminating you and your benefits because that is what it amounts too. Downsizing.

03-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Prove CCA ia taking over the Jails-Pretzel Boy! Til then shut your trap-Jackass!

03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
You must be a rookie if you think the colonel would tell you in roll call that cca is being considered. Dude that is way above your pay scale. Do you really think he would come out and say oh yea we are definitely looking at eliminating you and your benefits because that is what it amounts too. Downsizing.

We know, only you know the big secret! He told you, right? Go away troll! We are all over your lies. You do not have the character to be wearing a star on your shirt.

03-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Hey dip weed, I dont know shitzz and I didnt say I did. What I was saying is if there is something in the works do you think the colonel would actually address it in roll call. So cool your jets there knucklenuts.

03-12-2008, 10:31 PM
CCA is taking over July 1st, we are all getting fired from the Sheriffs Office in 8 weeks. Its a big secret, don't tell anyone. Only the guy who started this thread knows the big secret! The col is keeping it a secret to. You will all get your pink slip with an application attached from CCA next month. But please don't say anything, its a surprise.

GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK!

The Sheriff would have to pay out 20 million in sick and vacation time alone to all the jail deputies.

Stop the lies!

03-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Over ten years ago medical and food service were privatized in the jail. Next was going to be engineering, then Detention Deputies. In fact in the last twenty years I have heard many times that Detention Deputies were going to be laid off. Well, privatization brought about its own series of nightmares. If anyone can recollect, this is not the first food company that the jail originally accepted a bid from.

Further, I think the above comment about the vacation/holiday/sick time payout says more than enough about this issue! Give it a rest. It is an old, recurring, tiring rumor!