PDA

View Full Version : Thread subject matter

03-06-2008, 04:16 AM
Just tuned in and see where Mod got out his censor controller again and “locked down” a thread because, “it got off subject”. “So this thread is titled what difference does it make what subject is discussed on any thread”. “Thread subject matter” for short.

Where is it written that a thread can’t branch off into other areas, what’s the difference of what is blogged under one thread or another.

Seems to me that a person who would want to make a point would want it titled with some name that gave some idea of what the subject was about.

Other wise as in the case where bloggers deviated from being critical and discussing the PIO, and started being critical and discussing officers getting free groceries at fast food joint what they blogged stood a chance of not being read by the person who is surfing by and using the main index to decide which tread to open. Those who are no longer interested in what anyone has to say about the PIO wont open the thread and the persons point about the free groceries won’t be read.

In other words if someone post thoughts not pertinent to the title of the thread they could be mostly writing to them selves accept mostly or to those who want to complain about any and everything.

I for one was still interested in comments about the PIO but my computer didn’t blow up when I did read what was posted bout the free food and I found it informative and entertaining. After all isn’t that what one of the many purposes of LEOA is?

03-06-2008, 05:01 AM
There are those who will post anything just to get attention away from the posting about who should be Sheriff. Especially since their pick is not getting any positive post. It's called misdirection.

MOD 353
03-06-2008, 05:48 AM
Just tuned in and see where Mod got out his censor controller again and “locked down” a thread because, “it got off subject”. “So this thread is titled what difference does it make what subject is discussed on any thread”. “Thread subject matter” for short.

Where is it written that a thread can’t branch off into other areas, what’s the difference of what is blogged under one thread or another.

Seems to me that a person who would want to make a point would want it titled with some name that gave some idea of what the subject was about.

Other wise as in the case where bloggers deviated from being critical and discussing the PIO, and started being critical and discussing officers getting free groceries at fast food joint what they blogged stood a chance of not being read by the person who is surfing by and using the main index to decide which tread to open. Those who are no longer interested in what anyone has to say about the PIO wont open the thread and the persons point about the free groceries won’t be read.

In other words if someone post thoughts not pertinent to the title of the thread they could be mostly writing to them selves accept mostly or to those who want to complain about any and everything.

I for one was still interested in comments about the PIO but my computer didn’t blow up when I did read what was posted bout the free food and I found it informative and entertaining. After all isn’t that what one of the many purposes of LEOA is?Can you not read or do you just read into things. If you want to talk about the PIO then start a new thread. If it gets off topic I will handle the people that get it off topic in an attempt to cause PROBLEMS.

If I let a thread continue after it is off topic people complain. If I lock a thread because it has gotten off topic people complain. Well guess what? I will do whatever is necessary to make sure this forum runs as smoothly as possible. You are always welcome to start up your own website and moderate it as you see fit. Otherwise...........

03-06-2008, 01:47 PM
MOD 353, you did the right thing. That was out of control.

03-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Mod 353 you did the right thing. Meet you later at Whataburger.

03-06-2008, 03:40 PM
If I let a thread continue after it is off topic people complain. If I lock a thread because it has gotten off topic people complain. Well guess what? I will do whatever is necessary to make sure this forum runs as smoothly as possible. You are always welcome to start up your own website and moderate it as you see fit. Otherwise...........

Yep, I can read can you?
"Where is it written that a thread can’t branch off into other areas, what’s the difference of what is blogged under one thread or another."

Not "your" rule but the rule by the owners of this web site?

Don't eat to many free burgers.

03-06-2008, 08:09 PM

Yep, I can read can you?
"Where is it written that a thread can’t branch off into other areas, what’s the difference of what is blogged under one thread or another."

Don't eat to many free burgers.Why don't you just shut your mouth jackass! You are probably not even LEO and therefore shouldn't have a say in what is posted here anyway. People like you try to derail this site with your garbage. How about just go away.

03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Agree. You are a nut and you should be more worried about your mental state and the type of person you are than who gets a free whopper. You are a bit unstable .

MOD 353
03-07-2008, 12:50 AM

Yep, I can read can you?

Don't eat to many free burgers.Yep, my rule, not the site's rule. Don't like it, post elsewhere. Mods are given a ton of discretion in what we do with our respective forums. Don't like that then send Mod1 a complaint email. Until some of you can post accordingly I will lock threads that are hijacked. I also started sending posts to the Abusive Post section in the moderator forums so that the Admin staff can take appropriate action with trouble makers. If you are not a registered user then your posts carry no protection from deletion etc. As unregistered users I have no way of knowing who the constant trouble makers are and therefore you may get banned for a first offense if you are in fact trying to cause problems.

I hate to have to baby sit but I will do what I must. Again, if you don't like it post elsewhere or start your own website.

03-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Wow, This is getting ridiculous, it brings a site to memory Abusivepower.com.

03-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Like he said, go post someplace else then. Nobody is forcing you to be here. We deal with enough crazies every day and don't need to run in to them here too.

03-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Maybe we need this guy to send us his address so we can stop by and check on him. Apparently someone is twisting his arm badly making him come to this website even though he really don't like it.

Again, just go away.