PDA

View Full Version : Is he one of us?

03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Just curious, does it bother anybody else when Glen Austin say's "We" on the news everyday? Has he been there, done that, does he have the T-shirt? On this mornings news he said "We" almost got ran over and fired at the suspect veh....

03-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Maybe he means him and RM........It's probably the "editorial" description that so many news professionals use.......Think of him as a NW Florida Peter Jennings.............

03-04-2008, 04:53 PM
It bothers me. He hasn't earned the right to say "we"; nor can he write a press release.

03-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow... you guys amaze me. All the problems we ahve, and you are worried about Austin's vocabulary.

Get over it. We have bigger things to deal with than if the PIO feels like he is "one of the boys." Good grief.

03-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Let me guess Dooley you're not the least bit concerned with public image as long as you can order larger uniforms every year and get free whataburger?

I heard Austin was a reporter before. Now he's on the new's saying we are doing investigation's etc. Ted and Mike never did that. Just doesn't sit right is all. Public image should be important to all of us. Sorry if you think it's not.

03-05-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm not even going to justify such a stupid post with an argument.

03-05-2008, 04:28 AM
Read your press releases, Dooley. Maybe you aren't concerned with the SO's image; some of us are. If you expect to be thought of as a professional, expect, no demand, that those who work with you to be professional, too. His press releases on the SO website are embarassing.

03-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Oh, and at $45,000 a year he should at least be able to paraphrase instead of copying directly from officer's offense reports.

03-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Mr Austin is personable and could be a helluva good guy for all I know. I think he does a good job on the news. The "we" thing has always kinda bothered me though. Not sure if it's proper sentence structure either. just wondered if I was the only one. Sorry Dooley wasn't trying to amaze you. I thought this was a forum.

DDG
03-05-2008, 03:26 PM
i thought whataburger was 3/4 off... when did they go back to free?

03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
what? whataburgers are free? since when? they used to be and now they are again. cool.

can we get a press release on that?

03-05-2008, 06:47 PM
I now see why there are so many police cars parked at Whataburger. I think the Sheriff should make a policy that no restaurant can give a discount to a police officer. maybe this would get yall out of whataburger and back on the streets doing your job. I have been at the whataburger by kmart and watched some of yall sit there for hours. Now I understand why, you eat for free. Sheriff McNesby please enact the policy I mentioned so your deputies will go back to work.

Take your retired ass back to your disfunctional trailer park and do your *****ing there. Oh yea and, Whataburger wants there nickle coffee cup back you have over stayed your welcome.

03-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Lol

03-05-2008, 08:02 PM
[quote="just and observer":38ot16vm]I now see why there are so many police cars parked at Whataburger. I think the Sheriff should make a policy that no restaurant can give a discount to a police officer. maybe this would get yall out of whataburger and back on the streets doing your job. I have been at the whataburger by kmart and watched some of yall sit there for hours. Now I understand why, you eat for free. Sheriff McNesby please enact the policy I mentioned so your deputies will go back to work.

Take your retired ass back to your disfunctional trailer park and do your *****ing there. Oh yea and, Whataburger wants there nickle coffee cup back you have over stayed your welcome.[/quote:38ot16vm]
I guess your one of the over paid lazy a$$e$ who are always sitting there. That being said;
I am retired so it does not matter how long I sit there.

I do not live in a trailer park and therefore my taxes pay your salary.

I do not drink coffee and therefore I do not have a nickel coffee cup. I will say this about the coffee cup, the guy who does have one is paying more for his coffee than your paying for your free food. With out him as a paying customer, whataburger could not afford to feed you for free. So the next time you see him, say thanks :!:

03-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Hey uneducated guest.Here's a muppet news flash. These same cops you see sitting in Whataburger, may even be at the end of their shift and have worked all night. Not all but maybe some. So don't assume you know , it makes you look stupid. Also Guess what? Whataburger is not free. It's a 50% discount. So some money is paid. Lastly another big surprise, Cops also pay taxes and I would be willing to bet i pay enough to cover my own friggin salary and some other folks too. Maybe your taxes went to pay for some worthless crackhead living in a HUD house , thats causing all of us to miss our damn Breakfast on a bun.....When you need us to come babysit your family, call 911 will even respond to your house!

03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]

I do not live in a trailer park and therefore my taxes pay your salary.

[quote]

Actually I pay my taxes too so I like to consider myself self employed. Once again the one and only Morgan supporter hijacks a thread to bash deputies and Mod 353 lets him continue to post...

DDG
03-05-2008, 09:14 PM
i say good for the guys in green. they bust their ass all night long and deserve to get a break when they can. take your retired ass and get a job to find something worth *****ing about...

03-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey Moron,

For your information, Whataburger is a 24hour a day establishment and they give free food to cops so they can get FREE security.

Next time you see a cop say thank you to them for putting their life on the line every day and being the thin blue line that keeps you safe at night. You want us on that wall. You need us on that wall. We deal with things you don't want to have to think about. Without cops, there would be anarchy. With anarchy, the bad people rise up and hurt the good people but first they would probably kill all the dumb arse people. Ergo, thank them for saving your life.

How you doing?

03-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Well it seems that someones opened up a can of worms with there little comments. Next time you see a group of deputies eating together approach them with gratittude instead of guessing that they are just wasting your tax dollar. I know several deputies that just go eat together to wind down after a long shift protecting you from what your scared of. Its never a thank you or anything to us. We, and I say that because I am one too, always read about all the *****ing and moaning you "tax payers" do and it is dis-heartning. Well guess what, we pay taxes too, we probably pay more than most do to us haveing to work extra side jobs to keep our family afloat. So stop being so critical of us all the time. And just because an establishment chooses to give us a discount when we eat there does not mean a damn thing. What about your senior citizen discount that so many of you demand or better yet the employee discount? Not *****ing about that are you? Oh but you ***** if you don't get it. We don't ask for nor do we expect this type of gratittude offered to us. But we are very greatfull, every little bit counts especially now.

03-05-2008, 11:13 PM
O I C in order to get you to do your job, ie free security, I have to give you something 4 free, ie lunch. Lord help the citizens who don't have something to give to the deputy who has to leave whataburger to come catch the burglar that broke into his house. And by the way, I'm not David Craig and I'm not a Morgan supporter.

Remember vote Larry not Harry

03-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey Moron,

For your information, Whataburger is a 24hour a day establishment and they give free food to cops so they can get FREE security.

Next time you see a cop say thank you to them for putting their life on the line every day and being the thin blue line that keeps you safe at night. You want us on that wall. You need us on that wall. We deal with things you don't want to have to think about. Without cops, there would be anarchy. With anarchy, the bad people rise up and hurt the good people but first they would probably kill all the dumb arse people. Ergo, thank them for saving your life.

How you doing?What a joke! If I remember correctly, in that movie the person who used that line was arrested. i guess that shows what kinda cop you are.

I just want you to do your JOB and follow the law as set out by the Constitution, nothing more nothing less.

03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Lastly another big surprise, Cops also pay taxes and I would be willing to bet i pay enough to cover my own friggin salary and some other folks too.

Another joker showing his intelligence. Your salary comes from property taxes, so I guess you pay more than 35k in property taxes. Me thinks not :!:

03-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Wow it is such an honor to be in the presence of greatness. I am glad to know that you work every minute of every hour of every day and never stop to eat lunch or use the bath room. I am sure you have made McDonald’s employee of the month a dozen times.

Ps. This is probably another “grateful” citizen who complains when he is stopped for speeding i.e. “doing our job”.

Another Whatabuger eating, Home owning, Tax Paying Deputy

03-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Well it seems that someones opened up a can of worms with there little comments. Next time you see a group of deputies eating together approach them with gratittude instead of guessing that they are just wasting your tax dollar. I know several deputies that just go eat together to wind down after a long shift protecting you from what your scared of. Its never a thank you or anything to us. We, and I say that because I am one too, always read about all the *****ing and moaning you "tax payers" do and it is dis-heartning. Well guess what, we pay taxes too, we probably pay more than most do to us haveing to work extra side jobs to keep our family afloat. So stop being so critical of us all the time. And just because an establishment chooses to give us a discount when we eat there does not mean a darn thing. What about your senior citizen discount that so many of you demand or better yet the employee discount? Not *****ing about that are you? Oh but you ***** if you don't get it. We don't ask for nor do we expect this type of gratittude offered to us. But we are very greatfull, every little bit counts especially now.You don't ask for it or expect it. More BS, I see yall at Whataburger andPopeyes but never at Wendy's. I guess Wendy's doesn't get any"FREE SECURITY" because they don't give a discount. Let me guess, if Whataburger gets robbed, you get there alot faster than Wendy's. I guess if Wendy's wants quick response time, thay should give a discount. You tell me!

03-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Wendy's sucks thats why I don't eat there.

03-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Who are you kidding, you got caught and now you want to blame it on bad food. I bet you even put the uniform on, on your day off, just to get a discount :!:

03-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Remember vote Larry not Harry, he will get the deputies out of Whataburger and back on the streets :!:

03-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Scapecchi not Lucas
Morgan not McNesby

Get it right.

03-06-2008, 02:29 AM
David, can you tell me what Morgan's position is on deputies sitting in Whataburger and getting a discount for free security?

03-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Wendy's sucks thats why I don't eat there.

Bet if they gave free chow you'd eat their "sucking" food.

03-06-2008, 02:36 AM
You know I think the IRS should look into this free security thing. It seems to me that if the deputies are getting a discount in exchange for providing free security, they are actually being paid. If that is the case I think Whataburger should give them a 10-99. Also, if they are being paid by the Sheriff's Office and Whataburger for security at the same time, is this a problem???

03-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Fellas, Ignore the Troll.

Mod 353 how much longer is this crap going to continue. This topic was about our PIO and now this troll is talking about 10-99's for discounted meals at What a burger. WTF??????

MOD 353
03-06-2008, 03:56 AM
When you people argue back and forth who decides who is right and who is wrong? You all contribute to the thread going down hill. I am not going to even tell you what I think about the bickering over a freaking What A Burger discount.

I also find it ironic how some of you complain when I do get involved and others complain when I don't. You can't win for losing around the bunch that posts here.

MOD 353
03-06-2008, 03:58 AM
OFF TOPIC AGAIN. THREAD LOCKED. I AM GOING TO SCAN THROUGH SOME OF THESE TOPICS AND START SENDING POSTS TO THE ADMIN OF THIS SITE SO THAT THEY CAN START BLOCKING TROUBLE MAKERS. END OF STORY.