PDA

View Full Version : New Chief

03-04-2008, 04:41 AM
I keep hearing some guy name Maddux, possibly applying for chief. Anyone else hear that.

03-04-2008, 10:45 AM
He used to be a captain here, 1993-1996?, he ran for sheriff up north somewhere, don't know if he ever won or not.

PIG30
03-04-2008, 11:27 AM
From what I have heard he is a good guy, but if he does get it DON'T SPEED. He will run radar and if he catches you speeding in your car on your way to work he will write you a ticket!

03-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Now thats a "real cop".. its called A$$ HOLE.. how about just dont speed or write someone up on paper.. but a TICKET.. NICE !

03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
rumor has it the next chief will be a guy from Golden Beach.

03-11-2008, 08:03 PM

Hopefully who ever he is, He will get rid of the current command staff, and start from scratch. All they have done is lie to us.

03-13-2008, 02:55 AM
I definitely think that our command staff sucks and their little workers, you cant trust any one the the south side of the building, especially that cindy back ground chick. Every look out, she may smile and even say good morning, she will find ways of backstabbing someone just to make her self look good.

I only one I like is the Major

03-16-2008, 09:53 PM
you better hope that one doesnt get back in and he was there at least in 1992 ....god help you all

03-17-2008, 02:18 AM

Hopefully who ever he is, He will get rid of the current command staff, and start from scratch. All they have done is lie to us.

AND JUMP AHEAD OF SENIOR OFFICERS TRYING TO ADVANCE IN THEIR CAREERS.

03-24-2008, 12:13 AM

AND JUMP AHEAD OF SENIOR OFFICERS TRYING TO ADVANCE IN THEIR CAREERS.

Chalfant put in for chief......Then clean house.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

03-24-2008, 01:24 AM
JACK WOULD BE A GREAT CHIEF.

03-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Jack should have been the LT in brighton. Yates was given preference by Latchford.

03-24-2008, 03:12 AM
Yates is a really good guy and a good LT despite whether or not he was "given preference", and I'd work for him anytime over Jack. Jack's a nice guy, but not cut out to be a LT.

03-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Yates is a really good guy and a good LT despite whether or not he was "given preference", and I'd work for him anytime over Jack. Jack's a nice guy, but not cut out to be a LT. JACK IS LUCKY TO BE A POLICE OFFICER , LATCHFORD HIRED HIM. JACK WAS A SECURITY GUARD GUARDING PRISONERS IN GLADES. HE HAS NOT DONE A GOOD JOB AS A POLICE OFFICER, THE ONLY REASON HE WAS HIRED HE IS SEMINOLE. HE HAS NO EXPERIENCE AS A SUPERVISOR AND WOULD BE WORSE THAN CHARLIE. YES HE MIGHT BE A NICE GUY. WE JUST DON'T NEED THAT.

03-24-2008, 04:15 AM
"YES HE MIGHT BE A NICE GUY. WE JUST DON'T NEED THAT."

Umm....I'm pretty sure that's what I said in the post that you quoted.

03-24-2008, 07:34 PM
4,000 troops have now died in Iraq.The economy sucks.

Be gald you are alive and that you have a job.

03-25-2008, 01:51 AM
We are thankful we are alive and have jobs. We were discussing the Lt.s in the department and pondering who our next chief will be. Do you have Tourette's Syndrome or did you just post in the wrong thread??

03-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Yates is a really good guy and a good LT despite whether or not he was "given preference", and I'd work for him anytime over Jack. Jack's a nice guy, but not cut out to be a LT. JACK IS LUCKY TO BE A POLICE OFFICER , LATCHFORD HIRED HIM. JACK WAS A SECURITY GUARD GUARDING PRISONERS IN GLADES. HE HAS NOT DONE A GOOD JOB AS A POLICE OFFICER, THE ONLY REASON HE WAS HIRED HE IS SEMINOLE. HE HAS NO EXPERIENCE AS A SUPERVISOR AND WOULD BE WORSE THAN CHARLIE. HE HAS A GED NOT VERY BRIGHT, YES HE MIGHT BE A NICE GUY. WE JUST DON'T NEED THAT.

Guest 101, For your information, Jack was a Correctional Officer for Martin CI for ten years. Which is a very dangerous facility to work. I can tell you from experiance it takes a more than a security guard to survive in Martin CI. Working at SPD is a security job. Dont disrespect Jack. If you thing working in a max correctional facility is easy, try it some time.

03-25-2008, 03:00 AM
Yates is a really good guy and a good LT despite whether or not he was "given preference", and I'd work for him anytime over Jack. Jack's a nice guy, but not cut out to be a LT.

You must not know Yates very good, He gives many of us the impression he would burn any Officer here to get ahead. I have known both of them for awhile and Chalfant would give his life for any Officer here, if it came down to it. Yates I just wouldnt bet on it. Both are good people, but Chalfant is real. Yates is a fake. He has proven that since he started here. He is nice to everyones face and then talks behind the same person back ten minutes later. Ive seen it myself and others to. He needs to be real, and respect his co workers.

03-27-2008, 12:51 AM

You must not know Yates very good, He gives many of us the impression he would burn any Officer here to get ahead. I have known both of them for awhile and Chalfant would give his life for any Officer here, if it came down to it. Yates I just wouldnt bet on it. Both are good people, but Chalfant is real. Yates is a fake. He has proven that since he started here. He is nice to everyones face and then talks behind the same person back ten minutes later. Ive seen it myself and others to. He needs to be real, and respect his co workers.

I agree with the above post.

03-27-2008, 12:52 AM

I agree with the above post.

So does 3/4 of the Brighton employees

03-27-2008, 01:31 AM
Yea the other 25% havnt decided yet.

03-27-2008, 04:34 AM
I will gurantee that none of you here can say that you've never spoken ill of one of your co-workers behind their back. As a matter of fact....you just did. At least he has good manners and doesn't call you a moron to your face. I never said Yates would make for a good friend. I said he is a good LT. So, aside from the fact that he may be nice to you even though he doesn't like you what discredits him as a LT?

03-27-2008, 04:38 AM
Maybe you have a point.

03-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Lt Yates is one of the least problems this dept. has right now.

No retirement, other than a 401k that loses money daily.
No job security. Look what just happened to the Chief. And more soon to follow Im sure.

Moral at rock bottom because the above issues and many more are never addressed by the admin, other than a "Were looking into IT"

If the Lt is in a bad mood all the time can you blame him, So are most of the officers.

03-28-2008, 01:02 AM
I will gurantee that none of you here can say that you've never spoken ill of one of your co-workers behind their back. As a matter of fact....you just did. At least he has good manners and doesn't call you a moron to your face. I never said Yates would make for a good friend. I said he is a good LT. So, aside from the fact that he may be nice to you even though he doesn't like you what discredits him as a LT?

I wonder where we get this from???????????????