PDA

View Full Version : TALK OF THE TOWN

03-02-2008, 09:50 PM
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh202/badapplesyndrome/Hammerschmidtz.jpg

Merely the tip of the Iceberg when it comes to Major Masington!! Tis post will be deleted by Moderator in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

03-03-2008, 03:10 AM
He should be fired or at least suspended with out pay for this, equal consequences across the board weather your brass or not.

03-03-2008, 03:13 AM
His punishement for this is going to equal the value of those crappy watches that he gave out...........NOTHING!!!

03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
The backstabbing conitnues. I am sure 2 or 3 of the other majors have some things in their closets that could make the papers.

03-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Cost of crappy Casio watches: $625.00
Pending IA Investigation: Thousands of dollars
Number of subordinates that would wear crappy watches: 0

Looking like an idiot in the Miami Herald's Talk of the Town column: PRICELESS

03-04-2008, 06:30 AM
The backstabbing conitnues. I am sure 2 or 3 of the other majors have some things in their closets that could make the papers.
Please share your info!

03-04-2008, 08:37 AM
We can no longer call ourselves Coral Gables Finest. Within the last couple of years this police dept has moved in a direction of the blind leading the blind. The new low being a misappropriation of money from a city issued credit card. Although I find this misappropriation a sure breach of rules and regs , I find the smear campaign amongst the upper staff to be of graver consequence. Complaints of misconduct being handed directly to the press for self serving reasons. Its obvious to me that those aspiring egos do not care about the honest cops who must face the public scrutiny. The reputation of the Coral Gables Police Dept. is being eroded by those committing the misdeeds and those who are supposed to be leaders and role models. I can see no redeeming reason why a young aspiring officer should want or see a future here. There is NO staff support for officers just doing their job. Any citizen complaint, rudeness, driving, tattoos, eating, ... laughing, are immediately written up without verification and placed in your file. You cannot defend your actions, their word is the last word. And then theres the micromanagement , we are being micromanaged down to the last peice of toilet paper we use. Micromanagement of personnel and job performance have become more important then people themselves. Why would someone want to be Coral Gables Cop ..for the money? Those making the most money broke the most rules. They dont care about the morale of their subordinates. They have lost the ability to see what Police work is about. Their elaborate plans on crime fighting only serve to give us the perception that nothing is ever going to be good enough because each time a citizen complains about their car being 26'd we must not be doing our job. What happened to the ability to trust your subordinates to do the job because they are adults earning a living for their family. What happened to the abilitiy to trust your superiors because they cared about your welfare. What happened to commen sense in the treatment of others you work with and those you dealt with on the street. What happened to discretion, all is not black or white. What happened to comraderie, es-sprit d'cour, caring about your brother police officer...........What happened to Coral Gables Finest?

03-04-2008, 01:04 PM
All the majors know that there will soon be an opening in the Assistant Chief position. They are all trying to make a name for themselves. There is a very small crew in patrol trying everything they can to discredit the other majors so they can get their guy in that slot.

Everyone below the rank of sgt are now experimental pawns for the new ideas that they are trying out. If the plan goes well, then great. If the plan fails, then it must have been the road grunts fault. Because of the budget crunch we will be seeing drastic cuts in our daily lives orchestrated by the staff. They won't lose anything, we will. This place is now NOT the place to work. It is just a matter of time before Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay becomes their own department. Pinecrest and FHP took hard hits from people leaving to go to Doral... Just wait and see what happens here when the 2 new agencies open up... See ya

03-05-2008, 08:01 PM
We can no longer call ourselves Coral Gables Finest. Within the last couple of years this police dept has moved in a direction of the blind leading the blind. The new low being a misappropriation of money from a city issued credit card. Although I find this misappropriation a sure breach of rules and regs , I find the smear campaign amongst the upper staff to be of graver consequence. Complaints of misconduct being handed directly to the press for self serving reasons. Its obvious to me that those aspiring egos do not care about the honest cops who must face the public scrutiny. The reputation of the Coral Gables Police Dept. is being eroded by those committing the misdeeds and those who are supposed to be leaders and role models. I can see no redeeming reason why a young aspiring officer should want or see a future here. There is NO staff support for officers just doing their job. Any citizen complaint, rudeness, driving, tattoos, eating, ... laughing, are immediately written up without verification and placed in your file. You cannot defend your actions, their word is the last word. And then theres the micromanagement , we are being micromanaged down to the last peice of toilet paper we use. Micromanagement of personnel and job performance have become more important then people themselves. Why would someone want to be Coral Gables Cop ..for the money? Those making the most money broke the most rules. They dont care about the morale of their subordinates. They have lost the ability to see what Police work is about. Their elaborate plans on crime fighting only serve to give us the perception that nothing is ever going to be good enough because each time a citizen complains about their car being 26'd we must not be doing our job. What happened to the ability to trust your subordinates to do the job because they are adults earning a living for their family. What happened to the abilitiy to trust your superiors because they cared about your welfare. What happened to commen sense in the treatment of others you work with and those you dealt with on the street. What happened to discretion, all is not black or white. What happened to comraderie, es-sprit d'cour, caring about your brother police officer...........What happened to Coral Gables Finest?

Well put my educated brother!

03-05-2008, 08:27 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-mw600e-2av-MW600E-2AV/dp/B0006MUPFW

03-05-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-mw600e-2av-MW600E-2AV/dp/B0006MUPFW(

03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
lol oh my god those are the crapiest watches i have ever seen. what a loser. he thinks he is going to make people forget all the sh*t that he's done with those f%cking ugly watches. HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!!!!

Some one need to do a 29 report and use the city as the victim.

03-06-2008, 01:16 AM
And then theres the micromanagement , we are being micromanaged down to the last peice of toilet paper we use. Micromanagement of personnel and job performance have become more important then people themselves.

VERY GOOD POINT SNOOP AND THE REASON FOR THE EXCESSIVE MICROMANAGEMENT IS TOO MANY LEADERSHIP POSITIONS. MAJORS RUN AROUND ALL DAY LONG JUSTIFYING THEIR EXISTENCE BY STICKING THEIR NOSE IN EVERYONE'S POSTERIOR. LIEUTENANTS ARE POWERLESS AND UNDER UTILIZED AND ARE IN FACT, IN A LIVING HELL BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO ACCEPT ALL THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR UNIT SCREW UPS BUT ARE POWERLESS TO MAKE ANY DECISION OR CHANGE WITHOUT A MAJOR GETTING IN THEIR BUSINESS.

03-06-2008, 06:10 AM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/GablesPD/simg_t_t20034247652003424765jpg110.jpg

Fixed that for ya!

03-06-2008, 07:12 PM

03-06-2008, 09:30 PM
what a beautiful watch :lol:

03-06-2008, 10:52 PM
EVEN MY 16 YEAR OLD KID WON'T WEAR A $20.00 WATCH!!!!

03-07-2008, 03:49 AM
The truth about the watches! The City was in the process of piggybacking a contract for the street light cameras. The deal was about to close and Major Masington contacted other vendors, so the City was left with no choice then to put the project out for bid. No Problem? Yes! The vendor that the City was selecting for piggy back is a close friend of the MAYOR! Maybe next time he gets into an accident you won't be so forgiving. :shock:

03-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Thats very interesting considering the flag of suspicion the purchasing dept was under reguarding their lack of a bid process. Ive always said there is no policing of city hall . There isnt even an assigned unit or investigator to keep watch on the official corruption. Every other police dept has it, our sis unit was however disbanded, and there really was never an assigned watch dog, wonder why that is???

03-07-2008, 08:39 AM
The truth about the watches! The City was in the process of piggybacking a contract for the street light cameras. The deal was about to close and Major Masington contacted other vendors, so the City was left with no choice then to put the project out for bid. No Problem? Yes! The vendor that the City was selecting for piggy back is a close friend of the MAYOR! Maybe next time he gets into an accident you won't be so forgiving. :shock:

I find that very hard, if not impossible to believe given Major Masingtons continued screw-ups through out his career. This was posted in another forum, and is a more likely scenario.:

Posted: 03/06/08 23:01:50 Post subject: Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately he might not be around to witness this new creation of his! I found out by the actual person that purchased the watches, that other items were purchased. More like a total of $2000.00 in purchases. Wow the things you hear in the basement restroom!

03-07-2008, 01:13 PM
holy sh it...................maybe the sis Lt. should bug the johns

03-13-2008, 12:28 AM

Last I checked there were plenty of bugs in the johns. One crawled over my foot the other day in the locker room shower.

03-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Found a watch that more closely fits the profile of the Department.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/GablesPD/mu2905-mickey-mouse-nurses-fob-watc.jpg

03-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Is there any truth to the rumor that the Major may have purchased Bicycles for the Bike Patrol at the same time as the "watch order"!?!?!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/GablesPD/PoliceBike.jpg

03-13-2008, 02:51 AM
I've been gone from UMPD for a couple of years now, but still keep in touch with some of you. I will admit, the morale is not the same as I remember it. I see some officers who want to get out of the city. It's sad how the mood has changed; CGPD was always THE dept. to be in, but has become another Pinecrest. Too political, too demanding, too micromanaging. What gets me is that the city's behavior will only serve to push out some very good officers. Being that I'm on the outside, I don't have all the details, but I can say that the PD's rep is not what it once was.

Good luck to you all.

03-15-2008, 05:59 AM

Last I checked there were plenty of bugs in the johns. One crawled over my foot the other day in the locker room shower.

LOL.................SO TRUE. I THINK THEY ARE CALLED CRABS

03-19-2008, 02:38 AM
I have been an officer here for a few years and can't believe how corrupt an institution can be. Since a little boy, I dreamed of being a cop and always knew it ran in my blood. I aspired to be a cop for two main reasons: to help save lives and be surrounded by fellow ethical and moral co-workers all striving to make a difference. But the reality is, a majority of my fellow peers are lazy, unmotivated, and robotic (09, sit under a tree, 06).

Before coming here, I was fortunate enough to engage in different professional fields opening my eyes to reality. Never did I come across such arrogant personnel, political persecution, big brother-minded managers, untrustworthy brotherhood, back-stabbing, poor management, and illegal operations like when SiS and the DEA put a good officer in hells way when they stole money from a drug dealer and set up my partner.

Everyday I enter CGPD, I find myself frustrated, sadden, lost, embarrassed, unmotivated, and the list continues. And, at the same time, I work with such cool guys with a hope for a change in a positive direction. If it weren't for a majority of my fellow level headed co-workers that don't complain when I take traffic stops or arrest felonies, I would have been long gone. Eventually, I will leave here once my application process to another department finalizes and will look back on all this and just realize it was another bump in the road. For the guys who are young like me...realize one thing, this place will only be as good as its supervisors and city officials.

There's such a dark rooted animosity amongst the brass bone heads that they will destroy themselves in the end. They will make their beds.

Papa One will destroy this place for as long as he is in POWER! For all the cool fellow officers that make going to work bearable, G-D Bless.

03-19-2008, 08:15 PM
well put!

Be carefull, papa 1 wount like it that you are talking about him! :lol:
he might make a new rule that will further ruin our lives!

03-20-2008, 04:23 AM
I have been an officer here for a few years and can't believe how corrupt an institution can be. Since a little boy, I dreamed of being a cop and always knew it ran in my blood. I aspired to be a cop for two main reasons: to help save lives and be surrounded by fellow ethical and moral co-workers all striving to make a difference. But the reality is, a majority of my fellow peers are lazy, unmotivated, and robotic (09, sit under a tree, 06).

Before coming here, I was fortunate enough to engage in different professional fields opening my eyes to reality. Never did I come across such arrogant personnel, political persecution, big brother-minded managers, untrustworthy brotherhood, back-stabbing, poor management, and illegal operations like when SiS and the DEA put a good officer in hells way when they stole money from a drug dealer and set up my partner.

Everyday I enter CGPD, I find myself frustrated, sadden, lost, embarrassed, unmotivated, and the list continues. And, at the same time, I work with such cool guys with a hope for a change in a positive direction. If it weren't for a majority of my fellow level headed co-workers that don't complain when I take traffic stops or arrest felonies, I would have been long gone. Eventually, I will leave here once my application process to another department finalizes and will look back on all this and just realize it was another bump in the road. For the guys who are young like me...realize one thing, this place will only be as good as its supervisors and city officials.

There's such a dark rooted animosity amongst the brass bone heads that they will destroy themselves in the end. They will make their beds.

Papa One will destroy this place for as long as he is in POWER! For all the cool fellow officers that make going to work bearable, G-D Bless.

I feel your pain. However, I want to share an old saying with you: "The grass is always greener over the septic tank". It doesn't matter where you go, there will always be issues. Agencies all have their ups and downs, and will undergo changes many times throughout your career. As has happened in CGPD, so will it happen elsewhere. The key to your happiness and success is to surround yourself with like-minded officers who will back you up. Learn to block out the stupidities and ego-tripped brass (Papa 1), and ALWAYS watch your six.

Good luck, stay safe, and don't sweat the small stuff. You can't change the world, but you can control your peace of mind.

03-21-2008, 01:55 AM
I agree with above. One thing you can always count on is that bad cops and supervisors will come and go. If you claim to be a "good cop" with integrity, good work ethics and some positive motivation, then stay with your department and all you should care or worry about is yourself. Eventually all the corrupt and slug cops will be weeded out and your department will reestablish itself as it has over and again for so many years.

03-26-2008, 06:24 PM
I read this on the Gazette Blog about the Manager buying liquor with his P Card. I guess this will clear the Major. Read below and tell me what you think.

City of Coral Gables
PERSONNEL RULES AND REGULATIONS
October 2007

http://www.coralgables.com/CGWeb/docume ... Oct_07.pdf (http://www.coralgables.com/CGWeb/documents/employee_relations_docs/Rules_and_Regs_Oct_07.pdf)

19.0 – DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE WORK PLACE
19.1 - Purpose [/b]- The City recognizes that the use and/or abuse of controlled substances, narcotic
drugs and/or alcohol has an adverse impact on the general health, welfare and safety of the
users, abusers and general public. In order to neutralize this adverse impact, and to maintain the
high standards of morale, productivity and efficiency in City’s operations, the City has instituted
a drug and alcohol free workplace program.
19.2– The City prohibits employees from engaging in the following conduct:
19.2.1 – Using, possessing, dispensing, distributing or receiving alcohol,
intoxicants, illegal drugs or other controlled substances on City premises, or while engaged in City business.
19.2.2 – Reporting to work under the influence of a prescription drug, unless the
employee’s physician determines that the use of the prescription drug will not
adversely affect the employee’s ability to perform in his or her position.
19.2.3 – Reporting to work under the influence or with any measurable amount of
alcohol, intoxicants, illegal drugs, or other controlled substances in their system.
19.2.4 – Consuming any amount of alcohol, intoxicants, illegal drugs or other
controlled substances while on duty or within four (4) hours of reporting for duty.
19.2.5 – Refusing to undergo or cooperate in any alcohol or drug testing required
by this policy.
19.2.6 – Deliberately misusing this policy in regard to subordinates.

Has David ever fired someone for Alcohol?

03-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey you forgot this!

Guess what, David bought liquor during a lunch meeting with yes Chip Withers and Don Nelson. Did you hear me? Lunch which means working hours and used his P Card!

Wow I bet Major Masington is happy right about now! That is what Volsky was doing today at the City Clerks Office.

I think David gets axed by the Mayor and Commission in the next 2 weeks and I'm takin bets!

03-28-2008, 03:06 PM
To the new officer who's complaining about the 09 go to the tree and 06,
you haven't been there long and from the sounds of things don't intend to
stay. I don't blame you at all, but please don't put the guys down who 09-06 cause there is good reason for that and some day you will learn. Just remember one thing that no matter where they are if you need them they will be there for you, as im sure you would for them, patrol blood is pure and true and runs deeper than you think. And also remember that they were all standing in your shoes at one time or another. Keep your work ethics just pay attention to your surroundings, don't become one of the people that caused these problems cause at one time they also stood where we did! It's amazing what promotions do to what used to be called human. Take care little brother and stay safe!!! Oh and one more thing for you Scott, you called me stupid one day and were not man enough to say to my face, I heard you as I was leaving your new Sgt's. office. I don't even have that word in my vocabulary especially for another P.O. I never confronted you about it , didn't want to lower myself to that level. I didn't have to though, im no longer there, but the old saying of what goes around comes around still exist! It appears now the shoe is on the other foot! You may or may not know who I am, cause God only knows how many people you said that about. Any way guess your seeing how it feels reference the "Big P-CARD" (etc) maybe some day you'll come back down to earth. Stop betraying your hard working officers and you wont have such issues!!!!!! Retired and loving it!!!!!! Tatoo's should be the last thing on your mind Scott!! STOP kicking everyone whats wrong with you??? You better realize that your officers Really don't appear to care too much for you, doesn't that mean any thing to you? How can so many people be wrong? Take a long look in the mirror while a few people can still call you brother. Not everyone is as nice as I am!!

03-28-2008, 03:12 PM
IN MEMORY OF LT. "SMOKEY" JOE REYNOLDS

His great big laugh will truely be missed! Promoted to Sgt. never changed the way he was with patrol. R.I.P. Always a brother

03-28-2008, 09:25 PM
To the new officer who's complaining about the 09 go to the tree and 06,
you haven't been there long and from the sounds of things don't intend to
stay. I don't blame you at all, but please don't put the guys down who 09-06 cause there is good reason for that and some day you will learn. Just remember one thing that no matter where they are if you need them they will be there for you, as im sure you would for them, patrol blood is pure and true and runs deeper than you think. And also remember that they were all standing in your shoes at one time or another. Keep your work ethics just pay attention to your surroundings, don't become one of the people that caused these problems cause at one time they also stood where we did! It's amazing what promotions do to what used to be called human. Take care little brother and stay safe!!! Oh and one more thing for you Scott, you called me stupid one day and were not man enough to say to my face, I heard you as I was leaving your new Sgt's. office. I don't even have that word in my vocabulary especially for another P.O. I never confronted you about it , didn't want to lower myself to that level. I didn't have to though, im no longer there, but the old saying of what goes around comes around still exist! It appears now the shoe is on the other foot! You may or may not know who I am, cause God only knows how many people you said that about. Any way guess your seeing how it feels reference the "Big P-CARD" (etc) maybe some day you'll come back down to earth. Stop betraying your hard working officers and you wont have such issues!!!!!! Retired and loving it!!!!!! Tatoo's should be the last thing on your mind Scott!! STOP kicking everyone whats wrong with you??? You better realize that your officers Really don't appear to care too much for you, doesn't that mean any thing to you? How can so many people be wrong? Take a long look in the mirror while a few people can still call you brother. Not everyone is as nice as I am!!

NICE

04-05-2008, 01:42 PM
If everyone would not kiss and tell the Dept. would be a smoother place to work. But since no one ever does and sooooo much goes on especially in dispatch, there's constant termoil. Keep your zippers home with your wife's and your legs crossed and you can have a normal I.A. investigation and chain of command. All the girls fight to see who is the best on the Dept. vise-versa. By the way who's in the lead now? :lol:

04-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Drinking by city officials could risk $250k insurance discount

By Sebastian del Marmol

sdelmarmol@cggazette.com

(CORAL GABLES) When the Coral Gables Commission votes on whether to renew its general liability, auto and worker’s compensation insurance with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. next week it will likely be told by city staff that the deal includes significant reductions in costs from last year.

What they probably won’t be told, however, is that a 5 percent reduction in the worker’s compensation insurance it pays – which means savings of as much as $250,000 annually – could potentially be in jeopardy as a result of the well documented alcoholic consumption City Manager David Brown and other city employees have engaged in and admitted to during lunches and other meals paid with city issued credit cards.

The reduction in worker’s compensation premiums is given to the city because Coral Gables qualifies for a 5% discount for implementing and maintaining an annually certified drug-free workplace program in compliance with state law.

But the city manager may have unwittingly revealed that the city is in violation of its own program when he told the Miami Herald last week that he and other appointed officials are not affected by the city’s alcohol and drug free policies.

Specifically, the Herald article quoted Brown as saying: “City policy provides for employees not to drink. It separates – at least past policy has been to separate – appointed officials,” he said.

Despite his assertion, the Gazette has not been able to find any documentation supporting Brown’s claim.

In fact, the city’s Personnel Rules and Regulations (which are available online at www.coralgables.com (http://www.coralgables.com)) make no distinction between appointed employees and others.

Rule 19, which puts forth the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace guidelines, does state: “The city prohibits employees from…Using, possessing, dispensing, distributing or receiving alcohol, intoxicants, illegal drugs or other controlled substances on city premises, or while engaged in city business; Reporting to work under the influence or with any measurable amount of alcohol, intoxicants, illegal drugs, or other controlled substances in their system; and consuming any amount of alcohol, intoxicants, illegal drugs or other controlled substances while on duty or within four (4) hours of reporting for duty.”

04-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Why are all of these so called appointed officials still around?
Do the tax payers condone whats happening with thier tax dollars?
These people are literally taking money from it's tax payers and spending it where they please. What are the tax payers getting in return????????
Must be some thing going on behind the scenes. It happens every where
and our economy is suffering as a result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no excuse for blaten illegal use of P-cards, tax dollars etc. These electees have been milking so much behind the scenes while watching gas-groceries-clothing go up! Also failures to societies working class as well as its homeless families and food banks. It may not seem as though the two are connected, but the combination of all of these alleged illegal activities
behind the scenes are part of whats happening in the City Bueautiful today and tomorrow. WAKE UP CORAL GABLES!!!!!!

CYA
04-17-2008, 01:25 AM
I left the PD when Scott was a rookie. At the time he was just a plain f..up
Now I read that he is a Major f..up. A dweeb then a dweeb now.

04-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Is that you Lee Schwartz?

04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
It can't be Scwartz... There aren't enough abbreviations.

04-29-2008, 12:31 PM
O. thought it might b.

04-29-2008, 10:09 PM
I left the PD when Scott was a rookie. At the time he was just a plain f..up
Now I read that he is a Major f..up. A dweeb then a dweeb now.

A very appropriate and fitting choice of words!

05-04-2008, 12:28 PM
SOME IN THE DEPARTMENT HAVE ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!!!!!

05-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Did I see the Major at this weekends P.O.A.T. Motorcycle Run? I wonder how he feels being surrounded by all of those "unprofessional" tattoo's, and REAL bikers!?!?!