PDA

View Full Version : raises

03-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Every state LEO, family members and friends should write their state legislator an e-mail in reference to state LEO's receiving a decent COLA or raise. The e-mail should be respectful, but firm. I am not stating that this is the answer and will work, but it is something we can all do. Pass this along to all state LEO's. Thanks

A lsit of all state reps can be found at:

www.myfloridahouse.gov (http://www.myfloridahouse.gov)

09-27-2008, 03:07 AM
I got my 5%, I really don't think I need to call. Yours is under a ducks butt in a state park.

09-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Just be glad to have a job and don't bother your elected officials. Truth be known, state leo's are paid way to much for what they actually do. It all looks good on paper but we all know how it's fluffed up. If the dust is stirred up they might start cutting more positions so just take your little check and keep working that off duty gig. By the way, when is the state going to charge reimbursement for all those hours spent idling on road projects? Mileage to and from does not cover the gas wasted to keep cool! Vehicles with LED lights can operate without the engine running for hours so we can't use that excuse. I can't believe some tax watch group hasn't caught that yet.

You really have nothing to complain about. Citizens don't get take home cars, gas cards and family medical for less than $200 a month. It's not just about the money. If your not happy with the pay, don't stay. Tallahassee has a stack of applications waiting to take your place.

It's been good for me and that DROP account looks better and better every month.

09-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Just be glad to have a job and don't bother your elected officials. Truth be known, state leo's are paid way to much for what they actually do. It all looks good on paper but we all know how it's fluffed up. If the dust is stirred up they might start cutting more positions so just take your little check and keep working that off duty gig. By the way, when is the state going to charge reimbursement for all those hours spent idling on road projects? Mileage to and from does not cover the gas wasted to keep cool! Vehicles with LED lights can operate without the engine running for hours so we can't use that excuse. I can't believe some tax watch group hasn't caught that yet.

You really have nothing to complain about. Citizens don't get take home cars, gas cards and family medical for less than $200 a month. It's not just about the money. If your not happy with the pay, don't stay. Tallahassee has a stack of applications waiting to take your place.

It's been good for me and that DROP account looks better and better every month.

Spoken like someone of rank that has, or is about to be asked, to retire early.
It also appears as if the author has been here a while and has enjoyed the pay increases over the years and is at a high rate of pay and in the drop plan. This while the rest of us have not gotten a raise in over 8 years. We understand why you have your Pius attitude.
Don't worry about us, we will do what we need to do. You in the other hand, need to get a life.

09-30-2008, 04:52 AM
Spoken like someone of rank that has, or is about to be asked, to retire early.
It also appears as if the author has been here a while and has enjoyed the pay increases over the years and is at a high rate of pay and in the drop plan. This while the rest of us have not gotten a raise in over 8 years. We understand why you have your Pius attitude.
Don't worry about us, we will do what we need to do. You in the other hand, need to get a life.

Wow...actually named in LEO Affairs. How special is that? Actually, though, I think (at least I hope) you meant "your 'pious' attitude." If not, let me just say this: I don't agree with Short TImer. I think I deserved every cent I made as a SLEO and I liked doing it too...I hated having to give it up for my last three years working for the state. Yes, I'm in DROP but it's based on my last seven years as a LEO without a raise, and the twenty-something 1.67% I got for those "you call this a raise?" years before that. Trust me, there are LEO's retiring after 25 that are going to make a lot more than I will when go. Oh, and don't forget that since I'm in the Reserve Unit I'm doing the same thing I got paid to do before, but for free. I'm not complaining...I had a great time...I'm just commenting. Man, I can hardly wait to see the flamers get to work on this post. lol
The Real David Pius

09-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Sorry Dave, that was a typo and not meant towards you.
I had some other people in mind,

09-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the clarification Phoenix! I feel better now. :D You know, it's like they say: we've been doing more with less for so long that pretty soon we'll be able to do everything with nothing. Seriously, the way things have gone for state employees over the years it's depressing and I'm glad I'm at the end of my state employment career not the beginning. Those of you who, like me, have lived through the "lard brick" Martinez years, and the old he-coon "lets get rid of the administrative rules" deregulation years, and the "make everyone select exempt and cut out raises" JEB years knows what I mean. Oh well. Hang in there...you'll be amazed how fast the thirty years seems to have gone by when you look back. Man, did I really start working for the state in 1978? Were any of the people I FTO'd even born then? Geez, now I'm even more depressed. lol

09-30-2008, 03:08 PM
That State hates State Leos. FHP is included (ignore the citizen trying to stir the pot with the jerkoff post above). Crist vetoed FHP's raise and it needs to be pulled from internal budget. This State is a joke. Prices of EVERYTHING have gone up yet the State could careless.

10-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Circuit city bear, your statement was spoken like a state law enforcement officer whose sole existance is to provide paperwork for the auto insurance companies. It is sad when state law enforcement officer can not unite for a common goal.

10-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Circuit city bear, your statement was spoken like a state law enforcement officer whose sole existance is to provide paperwork for the auto insurance companies. It is sad when state law enforcement officer can not unite for a common goal.

I agree with you! Like, I said the "Trooper" above is prob just a citizen trying to get us fighting. They do it all the time.

10-02-2008, 01:27 AM
You speak like a real regulator officer. Oh yah your not a real cop. Go right a fine for a molesting a duck. Try working holidays and midnights. Instead of sitting in bushes waiting until someone spills something or harasses wildlife or the enviroment. I'll enjoy my 5%. Have fun working for a small piss ant agency with poor management, worse than ours and thats saying a lot. Just remember it's going to be at least 3 years before raises come around for any state worker and in 3 years we will still get another bigger than you. Enjoy your life.

10-02-2008, 10:39 AM
If you think that DEP/FWC officers don't work weekends and holidays you are cluless :o . Some of our busiest days are just that! Some districts go the entire summer season (May to Sept.) with NO weekends off. I have never minded working weekends and Holidays, the time goes by pretty fast on those days. When it's 30 degrees out and you are in the comforts of your warm car, we are in boats, on ATV's, motocycles etc.. protecting this beautiful state of ours, as you protect the highways of this great state. No one's job is easier or harder, we are all just specailized in our fields. How ever many years ago,when we all swore to serve and protect, we choose our individual specailities and continue work tirelessly and do our jobs well. All with the knowledge "we will never get rich" doing this job. On that note...stay safe out there.

10-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the clarification Phoenix! I feel better now. :D You know, it's like they say: we've been doing more with less for so long that pretty soon we'll be able to do everything with nothing. Seriously, the way things have gone for state employees over the years it's depressing and I'm glad I'm at the end of my state employment career not the beginning. Those of you who, like me, have lived through the "lard brick" Martinez years, and the old he-coon "lets get rid of the administrative rules" deregulation years, and the "make everyone select exempt and cut out raises" JEB years knows what I mean. Oh well. Hang in there...you'll be amazed how fast the thirty years seems to have gone by when you look back. Man, did I really start working for the state in 1978? Were any of the people I FTO'd even born then? Geez, now I'm even more depressed. lol

I have been around almost as long as you, and I agree with your summation. State employees have always had pay issues, benefit issues and morale issues. it is hard to imagine now that we can talk about the Lawton years as the "good days." The bottom line is pretty simple. The legislature has no real interest in doing anything percieved to be a direct benefit to state employees. That statement was true during good economic times and it is true today. The decades of mismanagement and incompetence can't be fixed with a stroke of a pen. The reason is no one wants fix a mess that they feel they are no respnsible for. I compare state government to a "House of Cards" or better yet - a "Ponzi Scheme." One day, It will collapse much like todays financial market. I too have waited patiently for some relief from the legislature, some acknowledgement of my work and benefit to the State. Instead I got a .89 made in China pin as a reward for 25 years of faithful service. When you stop to think about it - who is the "sucker" here?

10-02-2008, 03:08 PM
You speak like a real regulator officer. Oh yah your not a real cop. Go right a fine for a molesting a duck. Try working holidays and midnights. Instead of sitting in bushes waiting until someone spills something or harasses wildlife or the enviroment. I'll enjoy my 5%. Have fun working for a small piss ant agency with poor management, worse than ours and thats saying a lot. Just remember it's going to be at least 3 years before raises come around for any state worker and in 3 years we will still get another bigger than you. Enjoy your life.

You are an ex-con not a trooper. Prove you are a Trooper jerkoff. This should be funny!

10-02-2008, 03:08 PM

You are an ex-con not a trooper. Prove you are a Trooper jerkoff. This should be funny!

10-02-2008, 03:10 PM
If you think that DEP/FWC officers don't work weekends and holidays you are cluless :o . Some of our busiest days are just that! Some districts go the entire summer season (May to Sept.) with NO weekends off. I have never minded working weekends and Holidays, the time goes by pretty fast on those days. When it's 30 degrees out and you are in the comforts of your warm car, we are in boats, on ATV's, motocycles etc.. protecting this beautiful state of ours, as you protect the highways of this great state. No one's job is easier or harder, we are all just specailized in our fields. How ever many years ago,when we all swore to serve and protect, we choose our individual specailities and continue work tirelessly and do our jobs well. All with the knowledge "we will never get rich" doing this job. On that note...stay safe out there.
Don't try arguing with the ex-con fake Trooper. He is laughing, just ignore him and his pathetic life.