PDA

View Full Version : Perks

03-01-2008, 11:02 PM
I just want to know who was the idiot that refused to take a call and told the desk to reassign it because it was his perk day. You guys are your own worst ememy. I have only been here for 13 years, but even when I was a rookie no one had the balls to do something that stupid. Young officers need to think for themselves and don't try to follow in (SOME) veterans officers footsteps. You have a lot longer time to work here than they do.

Now something thats been done for decades around the department is gonna get taken away because some wet behind the ear rookie thinks they are entitled to it always. Another question, who is the STA thats trying to get rid of perks ? Must be someone on the second floor that gets to enjoy holidays off, or half day holidays, come in when ever they want and take 1 hour, 1.5 hour or even 2 hour lunch breaks. Perks are the only thing that the road has to look forward to because we are the ones that are constantly pissed on. You take away the one thing that motivates us and youre asking for problems. So go ahead and keep backstabbing those that will be watching your back when the sh-t hits the fan and see who's face its gonna blow back into. :twisted:

03-02-2008, 12:07 AM
I just want to know who was the idiot that refused to take a call and told the desk to reassign it because it was his perk day. You guys are your own worst ememy. I have only been here for 13 years, but even when I was a rookie no one had the balls to do something that stupid. Young officers need to think for themselves and don't try to follow in (SOME) veterans officers footsteps. You have a lot longer time to work here than they do.

Now something thats been done for decades around the department is gonna get taken away because some wet behind the ear rookie thinks they are entitled to it always. Another question, who is the STA thats trying to get rid of perks ? Must be someone on the second floor that gets to enjoy holidays off, or half day holidays, come in when ever they want and take 1 hour, 1.5 hour or even 2 hour lunch breaks. Perks are the only thing that the road has to look forward to because we are the ones that are constantly pissed on. You take away the one thing that motivates us and youre asking for problems. So go ahead and keep backstabbing those that will be watching your back when the sh-t hits the fan and see who's face its gonna blow back into. :twisted:

What perks are you referring to? Can you elaborate on what happened?

03-02-2008, 02:47 AM
"Perks" have been around forever. Perks initially started on mids and were meant to give an officer a little head start on their "weekend". If an officer worked hard, handled their calls or made a good arrest during their work week, they would get to leave an hour or two early if the shift was slow and as long as it did not cause manpower issues.
The practice eventually spread to the other two shifts. As usual, we are our own worst enemy and officers began to take advantage of the "perk". Every so often people taking advantage has caused problems when some moron would slack off a call or even mouth off about not being able to take "their" perk. In the old days perks were earned and never guaranteed as many have come to expect. Once again some idiots actions have screwed the rest of us.

03-02-2008, 04:27 AM
BY THE WAY THE PERKS FOR EVERYONE WILL BE GONE. THAT INCLUDES DB, THE ROAD, CST, STREET CRIMES ETC...

NO MORE HALF HOLIDAYS NO MORE 06 B/C ITS MY WAWAWAWA PERK.
NO MORE MORNING RUNS FOR TWO HOURS, NO MORE NO MORE NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WILL NOW BE 8 HOURS OR 10 HOURS WORK FOR EVERYONE AND ANYTHING OVER 30 MINUTES HE WANTS SLIPS FOR.

EL JEFE HAS MADE THAT CLEAR IN STAFF ITS GONE FOR EVERYONE...

03-02-2008, 04:39 AM
the eralier posts that say we are our own worst nightmare is true...you have some lazy jackasses that have a work sheet that reads "00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00"
and then they want to head home for an early weekend. c'mon!!!
p.s. im sorry for puttin baggie out there but what r u thinking?????????? he actually probably needs the extra 2 hours just to drive home to jupitor...by the way its thanks to those officers that live in palm beach that we will get are rides taken away eventually as well. its the few that push the envelope and then ruin it for the rest of us.

plus how come they give the sgt's an admin day? b/c they come in 10 minutes early for work to do a worksheet that was already done from the previous night...they better get rid of that perk as well if they are going to be fair.

03-02-2008, 06:03 AM
Perks were for making up OT time we never put in for, I dont know who turned it into a popularity contest or stat race, that was not the intent in the first place. I dont need to beg and whine for two hours a week, it is an insult to imply we are getting something for nothing when the opposite is true. I wont ask for extras...please make sure I dont get a late call or transport that will go past 0800, no phone calls while off duty, no work without pay. It is called fair labor practice and it is the law.

03-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Just put in for the overtime when you stay 15 mintues or 30 minutes, that was the reason for the perks. Some ahole upstairs must have made it their project so they can shine in front of the new chief. Maybe it was Sanchez, he's been going a little nuts lately. U should have seen him in the last staff meeting, he's taking the sucking arse game to a new level, but the problem is, he looks like a 43 doing it.

03-03-2008, 01:39 PM
I think that if they are going to take away the perks they should do it across the board including those people upstairs that benefit from it the most. They are the ones that are pushing for it the hardest, and the main ones that abuse it the most. Be careful for what u wish for because u may end up back on the road at some point in your career.

I say keep the perks but just have the supervisor let their people know that its not guaranteed. And you idiots who refuse to take calls and tell the desk to reassign it. U need to shut up and handle the call. If its not busy, and the next shift is on the road, then it should be QRU. Please stop screwing everyone else because u are a lazy idiot.

03-03-2008, 11:39 PM
The word is they had a meeting 2day on the perks, if anyone has the scoop of what happened, full us in.

03-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Boo Hoo they took my perk away, guess that means it is time to start making them late arrest and lets watch the overtime pile up. Perks will be back fast then. I know I can make 10 traffic stops between the station and the golden glades on my way home.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$

03-04-2008, 10:10 AM
The word is they had a meeting 2day on the perks, if anyone has the scoop of what happened, full us in.

Word is No More Perks

03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Okay then I guess it is time to make my paychecks bigger then.

We will either break them or they will give in when the budget is crushed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

03-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Okay then I guess it is time to make my paychecks bigger then.

We will either break them or they will give in when the budget is crushed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you working now, or just up early, or stayed up late???

03-04-2008, 11:25 AM
I am resting up for them 19's have to make once I hear the BS from the useless Captains we have. God I wish some of the old guys were still here when this happened, as they had the backbone to stand up and speak there mind.

03-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey Berger took care of the people that spoke their minds, got rid of them as thay didn't fit in with his policies. From what I hear the last one that was like that retired in late "95. Good luck and watch out for this "Berge Boy".

03-04-2008, 11:58 PM
You would think with all the officers getting killed in the line of duty the staff would be trying to do things to motivate the troops instead of demoralizing them. It dosen't take a rocket scientist to realize that if you constantly do things to upset the officers all they are going to end up with is a group of disgruntled guys who are only going to do the bare minimum. Its already happened and its only going to get worst.

I guess once you reach the second floor of the department, you really get out of touch with reality because youre to busy trying to STA the new chief in order to prove your worth. There are bigger thing to worry about other than an officer leaving a couple of hours early on their friday.

Even the senior guys I think that some of these guys have earned it after all these years. We will all be senior officers at some point in our career, and when I get there I would like to think that senority means something around this place so I'm not gonna knock those guys.

People like Melanie, Vinnie, Lisa, Carlos,Tbone, Pete, and Mark these guys are Dinosaurs on the road so I think they have gone past there prime. Actually, I hope they retire soon so that I can get day shift.

03-06-2008, 02:32 PM
People like Melanie, Vinnie, Lisa, Carlos,Tbone, Pete, and Mark these guys are Dinosaurs on the road so I think they have gone past there prime. Actually, I hope they retire soon so that I can get day shift.

That will never happen anytime soon, because you people voted in the 8 year drop... Get ready for 8 more years of dinosaurs. By the way, that vote was BS.