PDA

View Full Version : PBA update

03-01-2008, 09:31 PM
http://www.pbcpba.org/agency_list.htm#P ... 20District (http://www.pbcpba.org/agency_list.htm#Palm%20Beach%20County%20School%20D istrict)

Check out what the PBA has posted about the wonderful District and how great they are to us.

03-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Reject any additional issues that may be recommendations made by the PBA. I love that line, talk about being unappreciated.

03-02-2008, 04:47 AM
Reject any additional issues that may be recommendations made by the PBA. I love that line, talk about being unappreciated.

Not only does the District not want to hear anything about vehicle coverage, Its an insult when you turn in the form to get the mileage fee, and you've waited over a month and it still hasn't arrived.

03-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Well due to this great contract and great backing from the Chief we are about to lose some really good guys and girls (and some sgts.). Lets see, the District will not give us what we deserve, the Chief isnt helping the situation, I say "merger". Its the last resort. Its worth looking into!!

03-04-2008, 12:21 AM
The Sky is falling, The sky is falling!!!

Merger? Not in my career. If by some chance the School Board decides to save more money, the Principals decide to completely hand over all authority to a deputy wearing green, then so be it.

As a good friend of mine (Steve Miller) used to say........Ya gotta roll with it baby!!!

So until the "Merger" happens, just do your job!!! If a situation arises where you feel you may need to fall back on your decades of experience, but just don't feel like being a cop, pick up the phone. There's a few of us here who still like to work and do a little paperwork. OOOOOH OOOH OOOH, and maybe I'll get some overtime OT of it (Ya know, to compensate for our measely 40 something thousand a year salary).

Oh yeah, my take home car makes a clicking noise when I turn to the right........screw it, I'm applying at the S.O. :roll

I remember the days when paydays were every other Friday, and the 14 days in between, I had one goal...to have as much fun as possible, put away as many bad guys as I could, and do my best avoiding admin.

Things haven't changed much except for the fact that before I decide to do something that may be considered "Police Work" I think about who is in the area, and who may show up for my 10-94. :evil: YOU GUYS are the ones dragging this department down. So what, the board doesn't want to pay us, big freeking deal, did you eat tonight? did you make your mortgage or rent payment this month? did you make your car payment? The answer is probably "Yes" to all of the above. I eat probably more than any of you, my child support nearly half my take home every two weeks, and I live paycheck to paycheck. I'm not here to be rich, Never have been, never will be. I honestly do care for most of you working for our agency, some of you could disappear and it wouldn't bother me, then there are some who work harder trying to get out of work than it would take to just write a report and do some investigating.

Peace, Love and Happiness to all of you............

03-04-2008, 12:59 AM
The Sky is falling, The sky is falling!!!

Merger? Not in my career. If by some chance the School Board decides to save more money, the Principals decide to completely hand over all authority to a deputy wearing green, then so be it.

As a good friend of mine (Steve Miller) used to say........Ya gotta roll with it baby!!!

So until the "Merger" happens, just do your job!!! If a situation arises where you feel you may need to fall back on your decades of experience, but just don't feel like being a cop, pick up the phone. There's a few of us here who still like to work and do a little paperwork. OOOOOH OOOH OOOH, and maybe I'll get some overtime OT of it (Ya know, to compensate for our measely 40 something thousand a year salary).

Oh yeah, my take home car makes a clicking noise when I turn to the right........screw it, I'm applying at the S.O. :roll

I remember the days when paydays were every other Friday, and the 14 days in between, I had one goal...to have as much fun as possible, put away as many bad guys as I could, and do my best avoiding admin.

Things haven't changed much except for the fact that before I decide to do something that may be considered "Police Work" I think about who is in the area, and who may show up for my 10-94. :evil: YOU GUYS are the ones dragging this department down. So what, the board doesn't want to pay us, big freeking deal, did you eat tonight? did you make your mortgage or rent payment this month? did you make your car payment? The answer is probably "Yes" to all of the above. I eat probably more than any of you, my child support nearly half my take home every two weeks, and I live paycheck to paycheck. I'm not here to be rich, Never have been, never will be. I honestly do care for most of you working for our agency, some of you could disappear and it wouldn't bother me, then there are some who work harder trying to get out of work than it would take to just write a report and do some investigating.

Peace, Love and Happiness to all of you............

Money is part of it; so is working conditions. I've been lucky, but others have not had good relationships with principals and/or other administrators. The facts are simple. The average District police officer has 17 years experience. Whether or not an officer ever made rank in his/her previous department, they had to be in charge of their scene, whether it was a domestic, car crash, etc. If you were a boss, then you were in charge of those people who were in charge of the scene till you got there. Now the experienced officers contend with administrators who have no police training of experience and want to run the show. Some of our unhappy officers might be happier if the Dept changed its policy to reflect that an officer's chain of command is the police hierarchy at all times, not just some. Our organizational chart does not have "principal" or any other school administrator listed in it.

03-04-2008, 02:39 AM
How about getting what we deserve? I enjoy my job, and honestly I could care less about an additional 2% equalling a total of 4% (COLA) JUST GIVE ME A PAYCHECK EVERY 2 WEEKS..........It would just be nice for the Officers at schools to be prepared for the unexpected; meaning a marked unit out front (doesnt have to be a take home), superior weapon, & a shield. If an incident happens we are out gunned from the get go. One of our main purposes is to be prepared for an incident involved at a school involving an active shooter. In addition I have been in some high energy schools that involve a lot incidents. These incidents are hidden from the public and should be put out there for the public to see and understand. Schools are not the same as they once were.

I have no problem with doing a report, but the system here blows. It is redundate, and way too time consuming.

I also find it tough to understand how a School Police Officer responds to an incident at a school in his POV. This should be addresed ASAP.

Plus I think its a slap in the face to be told yeah, we have the money, but you arent going to get it because yoour work is different than a city cop. WHATEVER! If you are an SRO you deal with school related issues involving law enforcement, just like a traffic unit deals with traffic violations. We are a specialized unit, a cop, a teacher, a dean, a mentor, and more all rolled up into a 40 thousand dollar package.

-GO GREEN- if it happens, all might benefit, if not, we will see small improvements through out the years, and a huge turnover as always.

03-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Why would anyone be against a merger, besides the obvious of being afraid of real police work. If a merger happened we all would benefit, from equipment, to pay, communications, etc. It all goes back to how they write up the contract! If AJ wants the school police to be a certain way, and the Sheriff agrees it goes down on paper and thats that. Weather its 2 cops to a HS, or making the school police a seperate division just under PBSO.......So many ways they could make it work, so tell me why not the SO? why not a merger? and an answer like, "if you want and like the SO go work for em" is unexceptable.

and also Kusch can get a car that doesnt click when he turns to the right....... and the guest above can get a marked unit for his school along with some equipment in case the S*&t hits the fan, plus doesnt have to lie to his insurance company about the real use of his POV.