PDA

View Full Version : transporting alcohol into the state

02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe some of you ABT guys and gals can help a fellow LEO out.

As many of you know, it is the time of year where bikers decend in droves to Daytona and surrounding area.

I have stopped several vans, rentals, cargo trailers lately that were carrying as much as a couple of dozen cases of beer.

Are there any statutes or regulations concerning this (like a limit on the amount a person can possess, reselling out of state alcohol, etc)?

03-01-2008, 12:20 PM
FSS 562.07 (3)

03-01-2008, 12:58 PM
562.07 Illegal transportation of beverages.--It is unlawful for alcoholic beverages to be transported in quantities of more than 12 bottles except as follows: (more)

THANKS.

03-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Brother: Let them get drunk, then beat them down. No, seriously, look at FSS 562.07, as the two previous posts stated. However, don't and I repeat, don't contact the director requesting our assistance. Just contact the local office and I'm sure they'll give you a hand with whatever you need. If you contact the director, her first question is going to be if there is a licensed location involved. The second one, are there minors in possession involved.

Good Luck!

03-02-2008, 04:29 AM
Thanks Onay

03-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Generaly speaking possession of A/B upon which no (Fla) tax has been paid is the overbearing issue. According to the statute an individual can legally posses one gallon of non Fla taxed A/B for personal use. What nobody has told you yet is that if the possession of non Fla A/B is grossly over the amount allowed by statute and would constitute a felony, the vehicle in which it's being transported is subject to seizure. Moonshine whiskey is another matter. It's illegal....period! Years ago, before Coors beer was registered and legal in the state of Florida it was a big deal and novelty for people to bring it into the state. The example being that if a person possessed over one gallon then that person would have violated the statute. Hopefully, there should be an office (and agent) close to where you work that would be willing to assist you