PDA

View Full Version : Happy Days are Here Again

02-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Say Bye-Bye Mike and PBA. Seems eveyone's jumping ship. TPD started a new Charter and NOW ---drum roles pllsss-- The results are in from the vote

939 votes casted, two votes voided, 250 yes and 689 BIG FAT NO!!! You are noq trespassing in our agency SEE YA

02-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Who's the Rock Star now Mike?

02-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Who's the Rock Star now Mike?

punk

02-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Thank God!, Could someone please collect his PBA credit card and door key ASAP before he drains whats left from the other agencies.

Sheriff I'm waiting for my raise, what are you offering? Correction, what are you giving?

02-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Thank God!, Could someone please collect his PBA credit card and door key ASAP before he drains whats left from the other agencies.

Sheriff I'm waiting for my raise, what are you offering? Correction, what are you giving?

Your are kidding, right?

As a taxpayer we are already looking at what his supervison has done in the jail, and it is not good. Times are very tight right now and if he does not hold the line, and I mean no raises this year, then he will be hearing from the citizens who placed him in his Office.

02-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Your are kidding, right?

As a taxpayer we are already looking at what his supervison has done in the jail, and it is not good. Times are very tight right now and if he does not hold the line, and I mean no raises this year, then he will be hearing from the citizens who placed him in his Office.

No I'm not kidding, I expect a raise.

02-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Salary-wise we already are the welfare children of the county. I for one have stopped sending my uniforms to the cleaners and I will wear my boots until theres a whole in them....Might as well look the part!

02-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Your are kidding, right?

And the excuses have begun!

Stemhead
02-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Well, I've heard you talk the talk, now it's time to see you walk the walk. You're at the plate Sheriff, I hope you hit a home run and don't strike out. All the barriers and pitfalls are gone, please keep your word, I was present at the mandatory meeting and heard you say it. Nothing is holding you back now! :lol:

Average Joe
02-27-2008, 09:14 PM
You will get a raise, how much is the big question? I say ask someone in IA as they got theirs several months ago as they were not covered by the CBA. You will get no more than that.

02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
You will get a raise, how much is the big question? I say ask someone in IA as they got theirs several months ago as they were not covered by the CBA. You will get no more than that

Your raise:
4% COLA across board
no more cafe
no more step plan
no more union dues

02-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Your raise:
4% COLA across board
no more cafe
no more step plan
no more union dues

Funny joke, we make 24% less than TPD per hour now (last step), and I subtracted their pension dues from their hourly salary before I calculated it. No way we are gonna be the highest paid, or the second, third or 10th....

02-27-2008, 11:20 PM
You will get the 1% he offered, and loke it MISTER

02-28-2008, 07:20 AM
dont expect a raise....expect what you were offered the first time, if that....Remember The PBA IS GONE.......Expect to work at Wal mart when u retire, unlike up north where they retire w/ medical.......Thanks, You guys really thought this one through for the long haul.

02-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Well good luck to you guys. I hope the sheriff keeps his promise. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you guys. As for the raise all of you are looking for, good luck on that. I highly doubt anyone for your agency or TPD will getting one until the property tax issue is worked out. By the way we are hiring if anyone wants job stabilty.

02-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Well good luck to you guys. I hope the sheriff keeps his promise. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you guys. As for the raise all of you are looking for, good luck on that. I highly doubt anyone for your agency or TPD will getting one until the property tax issue is worked out. By the way we are hiring if anyone wants job stabilty.

No offense but stay on your board, the sheriff is already making changes like dropping the 300-dollar accident fee that came from TPD’s contract.

You will see things change, the PBA has lost a huge battle and these politicians will have courage to say no. The PBA has put the public spotlight on our DROP benefits. The public is starting to wake up and realizing the PBA is being greedy during times that we should have budgetary restraint.

02-28-2008, 03:10 PM

I think we will be just fine. You guys are hiring? I know of about 250 deputies who may be heading your way. They will be alot happier there. You know what they say about like minds.................. Peace my brother!!!

02-28-2008, 10:57 PM
You will see things change, the PBA has lost a huge battle and these politicians will have courage to say no. The PBA has put the public spotlight on our DROP benefits. The public is starting to wake up and realizing the PBA is being greedy during times that we should have budgetary restraint.

The PBA has nearly 40,000 members in Florida, I don't think the 400 HCSO contributed is going to have much effect in the big picture. Nearly every major agency in the state has a union.

02-29-2008, 05:01 AM
You guys can hate us all you want, but you won't like it when the Sheriff takes you guys for all you are worth. With no union you guys are at his mercy. I'd hate to get in a minor incident at work like a few of your jail gaurds. Without union representation you will be fired and arrested. But wait thats what you guys asked for. As I said before, good luck, and God Speed my brothers in green.

03-01-2008, 04:52 AM
TPD Brother, wake up. The detention deputies had the same union as you did till the 28th and what did it get them? Nothing, just fired and arrested. Wake up and while you are at it count the number of TPD that came over here vs Deputies going to the city. It isn't great over there in "blue"

03-01-2008, 04:55 AM
TPD Brother, wake up. The detention deputies had the same union as you did till the 28th and what did it get them? Nothing, just fired and arrested. Wake up and while you are at it count the number of TPD that came over here vs Deputies going to the city. It isn't great over there in "blue"

The Detention Deputies still have a union. And glad of it.

03-01-2008, 08:28 AM
[quote="Thankful Guest":cnxfse4a]TPD Brother, wake up. The detention deputies had the same union as you did till the 28th and what did it get them? Nothing, just fired and arrested. Wake up and while you are at it count the number of TPD that came over here vs Deputies going to the city. It isn't great over there in "blue"

The Detention Deputies still have a union. And glad of it.[/quote:cnxfse4a]

You see, You said what? This is a perfect example of why the HCSO Detention folk and the HCSO Law Enforcement folk need their own separate forums on this site in which to post. You are answering a post that is quite simply not meant for you. The above exchange is between to two law enforcement officers, a TPD Officer and an HCSO LE Deputy. Of which the HCSO LE side of the house has already sent the PBA which you so much support on it's way. This may come as a shock to you but us LE Deputies don't really care if you all in detention keep the PBA or not. It does'nt effect us now. If you want it keep it. If you don't get rid of them like we did but please stop posting on a thread that does'nt concern or pertain to you. There is already a Detention and Corrections forum on this site. Please post over there instead of here.

03-01-2008, 09:41 AM

The PBA has nearly 40,000 members in Florida, I don't think the 400 HCSO contributed is going to have much effect in the big picture. Nearly every major agency in the state has a union.

The PBA would say they had 1050 members with us, but the truth was they only had half that at one time. They give the number of member in the agency not actual dues paying members.

So, given the account, the PBA has half the number you give.

03-01-2008, 09:47 AM
You guys can hate us all you want, but you won't like it when the Sheriff takes you guys for all you are worth. With no union you guys are at his mercy. I'd hate to get in a minor incident at work like a few of your jail gaurds. Without union representation you will be fired and arrested. But wait thats what you guys asked for. As I said before, good luck, and God Speed my brothers in green.

Dont bite, this is not a TPD guy. It is either ****ey or Cpl. in DIV. This guy is trying to save himself and only himself.

Listen to his paranoia, "the Sheriff takes you guys for all you are worth.", please you obviously do not know the Sheriff. He is a stand up guy and will do right by all of us.

03-01-2008, 09:49 AM
[quote="Thankful Guest":1w7shrin]TPD Brother, wake up. The detention deputies had the same union as you did till the 28th and what did it get them? Nothing, just fired and arrested. Wake up and while you are at it count the number of TPD that came over here vs Deputies going to the city. It isn't great over there in "blue"

The Detention Deputies still have a union. And glad of it.[/quote:1w7shrin]

****ey,

You are glad of it. Don't speak for me. I will be glad when we follow in our lawenforce brothers and sister foot steps.

03-01-2008, 01:42 PM
[quote="Thankful Guest":1werjcx0]TPD Brother, wake up. The detention deputies had the same union as you did till the 28th and what did it get them? Nothing, just fired and arrested. Wake up and while you are at it count the number of TPD that came over here vs Deputies going to the city. It isn't great over there in "blue"

****ey,

You are glad of it. Don't speak for me. I will be glad when we follow in our lawenforce brothers and sister foot steps.[/quote:1werjcx0]

I ain't ****ey, however if the detention deputies are stupid enough to think they are the same as the LEO in this office all they need to do is look and see how we were thrown to the wolves by docobo and the crew over this booking mess, and how all the tapes are getting leaked without someone looking at them first. Follow in their foot steps? If we were allowed to follow in the footsteps we could walk to the same bank and deposit the same amount money, we could follow them to the soc and see Dep. Garcias name on the wall out front, or go in side and look at our pictures on the wall. But you cannot "follow" that close because you have been made to stand too far behind them to see where they go and how they got there, hell now you cannot even go and become a LEO here, jail guard you most go else where, people wake the f up and know your place here. You will be a seconed class deputy untill you grow a set and stand up for your selves. This Detention Department has been under the sheriff for a long time, many sheriffs, and you have been in the back of the short bus. This has not worked for us, unless you like the view, unless you like scrapes and garbage. Damn grow a set and stand up, crap. You cannot follow, you must lead.

03-01-2008, 04:37 PM
[quote="You said what?":1dktofpl][quote="Thankful Guest":1dktofpl]TPD Brother, wake up. The detention deputies had the same union as you did till the 28th and what did it get them? Nothing, just fired and arrested. Wake up and while you are at it count the number of TPD that came over here vs Deputies going to the city. It isn't great over there in "blue"

****ey,

You are glad of it. Don't speak for me. I will be glad when we follow in our lawenforce brothers and sister foot steps.[/quote:1dktofpl]

I ain't ****ey, however if the detention deputies are stupid enough to think they are the same as the LEO in this office all they need to do is look and see how we were thrown to the wolves by docobo and the crew over this booking mess, and how all the tapes are getting leaked without someone looking at them first. Follow in their foot steps? If we were allowed to follow in the footsteps we could walk to the same bank and deposit the same amount money, we could follow them to the soc and see Dep. Garcias name on the wall out front, or go in side and look at our pictures on the wall. But you cannot "follow" that close because you have been made to stand too far behind them to see where they go and how they got there, hell now you cannot even go and become a LEO here, jail guard you most go else where, people wake the f up and know your place here. You will be a seconed class deputy untill you grow a set and stand up for your selves. This Detention Department has been under the sheriff for a long time, many sheriffs, and you have been in the back of the short bus. This has not worked for us, unless you like the view, unless you like scrapes and garbage. darn grow a set and stand up, crap. You cannot follow, you must lead.[/quote:1dktofpl]

First off, you are ****ey and if you are not you certainly are up his arss. The only video that got out that should not have was the wheelchair one. The others were reported and handled. But, I guess you would not know about acting like a supervisor.

My point about your comment is public record is public record. If you don't have something to hide then you have nothing to worrie about. But you want a you union so I guess that speaks volumes about your lack of knowledge and responsibility.

Second, go ask the family of the deputy you so freely throw around, see if they asked to not have her name on the wall. Please, advise us all of your finding!

As far as the pictures on the wall, OMG, you must have the biggest small ****ey complex that I have ever seen. Grow up!

I dont believe like you do about the short bus. Please refere to my sentence above for my response.

Dude, I can not even go on with your post, go get some help. Your parents really screwed you up.

03-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Iam a road guy but I must say it does seem like the jail side gets the short end of the stick when it comes to props from the command staff. Id like to see the jail keep the union just to see how the sheriff deals with them as opposed to dealing with the non union leo's.

03-02-2008, 12:35 AM
[quote="You said what?":6uwm7hek][quote="Thankful Guest":6uwm7hek]TPD Brother, wake up. The detention deputies had the same union as you did till the 28th and what did it get them? Nothing, just fired and arrested. Wake up and while you are at it count the number of TPD that came over here vs Deputies going to the city. It isn't great over there in "blue"

****ey,

You are glad of it. Don't speak for me. I will be glad when we follow in our lawenforce brothers and sister foot steps.

I ain't ****ey, however if the detention deputies are stupid enough to think they are the same as the LEO in this office all they need to do is look and see how we were thrown to the wolves by docobo and the crew over this booking mess, and how all the tapes are getting leaked without someone looking at them first. Follow in their foot steps? If we were allowed to follow in the footsteps we could walk to the same bank and deposit the same amount money, we could follow them to the soc and see Dep. Garcias name on the wall out front, or go in side and look at our pictures on the wall. But you cannot "follow" that close because you have been made to stand too far behind them to see where they go and how they got there, hell now you cannot even go and become a LEO here, jail guard you most go else where, people wake the f up and know your place here. You will be a seconed class deputy untill you grow a set and stand up for your selves. This Detention Department has been under the sheriff for a long time, many sheriffs, and you have been in the back of the short bus. This has not worked for us, unless you like the view, unless you like scrapes and garbage. darn grow a set and stand up, crap. You cannot follow, you must lead.[/quote:6uwm7hek]

First off, you are ****ey and if you are not you certainly are up his arss. The only video that got out that should not have was the wheelchair one. The others were reported and handled. But, I guess you would not know about acting like a supervisor.

My point about your comment is public record is public record. If you don't have something to hide then you have nothing to worrie about. But you want a you union so I guess that speaks volumes about your lack of knowledge and responsibility.

Second, go ask the family of the deputy you so freely throw around, see if they asked to not have her name on the wall. Please, advise us all of your finding!

As far as the pictures on the wall, OMG, you must have the biggest small ****ey complex that I have ever seen. Grow up!

I dont believe like you do about the short bus. Please refere to my sentence above for my response.

Dude, I can not even go on with your post, go get some help. Your parents really screwed you up.[/quote:6uwm7hek]

Where do you work? How long have you been with this office?

03-02-2008, 01:04 AM
[quote="You said what?":1ii718yt][quote="Thankful Guest":1ii718yt]TPD Brother, wake up. The detention deputies had the same union as you did till the 28th and what did it get them? Nothing, just fired and arrested. Wake up and while you are at it count the number of TPD that came over here vs Deputies going to the city. It isn't great over there in "blue"

****ey,

I ain't ****ey, however if the detention deputies are stupid enough to think they are the same as the LEO in this office all they need to do is look and see how we were thrown to the wolves by docobo and the crew over this booking mess, and how all the tapes are getting leaked without someone looking at them first. Follow in their foot steps? If we were allowed to follow in the footsteps we could walk to the same bank and deposit the same amount money, we could follow them to the soc and see Dep. Garcias name on the wall out front, or go in side and look at our pictures on the wall. But you cannot "follow" that close because you have been made to stand too far behind them to see where they go and how they got there, hell now you cannot even go and become a LEO here, jail guard you most go else where, people wake the f up and know your place here. You will be a seconed class deputy untill you grow a set and stand up for your selves. This Detention Department has been under the sheriff for a long time, many sheriffs, and you have been in the back of the short bus. This has not worked for us, unless you like the view, unless you like scrapes and garbage. darn grow a set and stand up, crap. You cannot follow, you must lead.[/quote:1ii718yt]

Dude, I can not even go on with your post, go get some help. Your parents really screwed you up.[/quote:1ii718yt]

One thing I can tell you about the wall is she is not on there, if she had been a road dep. she would have been there before the sun went down.

Pictures on the wall? "OMG", you must be a road dep and up on the mighty soc walls.

The short bus, you are either new Jail Deputy or a leo. Because that is true.

What the hell does this have to do with a union?

"Nothing to hide nothing to worry about" ? tell that to Hinson? He is out taking a dump and gets thrown in the shi!.

This is not a union issue, this is a treatment issue. Do not turn this into some thing it is not.

03-02-2008, 10:37 AM
This Jail Guard verses Road Guard has been going on too many years. Docobo worked the jail, true, but as soon as he got out he forgot where he came from along with many others. When you do not have enough people to cover positions so they close 3 pods. Then they assign what little we do have to clean up details for mock inspections something is wrong. When a Major gets his panties in a wad because of the way he were greeted in the jail by an over tasked Deputy so the other Major cancels the inspection so they have 2 more weeks to clean, something is wrong with the system. When we need repairs or equiptment and we are told there is no money, then the Colonel gets new carpet for his office when the old stuff is barely a year old there is something wrong. DO WE NEED A UNION? HELL YES

The Nitely Blog
03-02-2008, 05:15 PM
This Jail Guard verses Road Guard has been going on too many years. Docobo worked the jail, true, but as soon as he got out he forgot where he came from along with many others. When you do not have enough people to cover positions so they close 3 pods. Then they assign what little we do have to clean up details for mock inspections something is wrong. When a Major gets his panties in a wad because of the way he were greeted in the jail by an over tasked Deputy so the other Major cancels the inspection so they have 2 more weeks to clean, something is wrong with the system. When we need repairs or equiptment and we are told there is no money, then the Colonel gets new carpet for his office when the old stuff is barely a year old there is something wrong. DO WE NEED A UNION? HELL YES

Ian, us road guys and gals are pretty much just as short handed as you guys and gals in the jail are. While we may have the "advantage" of not having to fill every zone like you have to man every post we are still just as short. If were working short handed the guys and gals that are there still have to cover the calls that the public notifies us of. Our calls for service dont go down just because were shorthanded just as your inmate count does'nt go down.

Thankfully the only thing I have to worry about keeping clean on any given day other than myself is my assigned patrol vehicle. Thank goodness for that. I'm glad I don't have to try and keep a place as big as ORJ or the fortress that is becoming FRJ clean. I don't envy your task on that one.

Us guys and gals in patrol have been told the same things as you apparently have been as far as the budget goes. Supplies of pens, paperclips, staples, etc, etc, are now kept under lock and key. I was even in one community sub station where on the desk there was a collection jar for office supplies. Sorry guys but I'm not dropping any money in that jar. I've already donated with MY taxes just as you have. Unfortunately we go through alot of office supplies each day at work. Almost every report requires paperclips, paper, ink, pens, gas, electricity, phone use and personnel time to complete. Regardless of the severity of the call. It's just the more severe the call the more of the aforementioned supplies are needed.

Take ink pens for example. We go through alot of those during the day. At almost every call we have to sign paperwork and get the parties involved to sign stuff as well as write a statement out for us. Of course the parties involved never have a black ink pen to use so we have to provide them one of the HCSO bought and paid for ones. Do we get or want all these pens back? Nope. You know why? Because alot of times the persons involved have been injured and are or were bleeding at one point. Once they get blood on that pen I aint taking it back. I know pens are'nt exspensive but the cost adds up over time. It's just an example that I'm throwing out there.

You said you need a union in detention. That may be so. I don't know because I don't work in detention any longer so I don't know what you guys and gals in there go through each and every day. I say any longer because I have been there and done that many years ago. But who is your union going to be? If you go to the WCFPBA website it list all the agencies it represents. But it's not accurate. Obviously HCSO LEO's are no longer represented by them and TPD just left as well. TPD was granted their OWN CHARTER, not just chapter but charter mind you by the state PBA. Also by TPD leaving a very large portion of the WCFPBA's money base went with the new TPD charter. During the time frame of just a week the WCFPBA lost a huge portion of the people it represented. The HCSO detention chapter is probally the largest portion of the WCFPBA at this point. The other agencies involved are smaller in personnel size. I would be willing to bet that all the detention deputies out number the remaining LEO's in the current WCFPBA. So much for large stipends to union officers over at the WCFPBA.

With all that said Ian. What union are you going to use to represent you? I'm not asking that in a mean spirited way I just think it is an honest question based on the past weeks events.

03-02-2008, 05:40 PM
When we need repairs or equiptment and we are told there is no money, then the Colonel gets new carpet for his office when the old stuff is barely a year old there is something wrong. DO WE NEED A UNION? HELL YES

So the union is going to start including the Colonel's office decorations in the negotiations?

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/DuraSmilies/Happy/thbiglaugh.gif