PDA

View Full Version : heroes are zeros

02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Just a friendly reminder..... Seems that at the present time, a majority of deputies are all in the 6000 numbers... with the old timers becoming a minority. Most of the rookies and baby deputies are young, inexperienced, and are just plain out have the God or HERO complex.

Every day I see or hear of these rookies going out , thinking they are invinsible, going into in prog situations without calling for backup, warrant checks without backup, traffic stop w/ searches without backup, etc. because they either think IM A COP I GOTTA GUN IM UNSTOPABLE, or THEY WILL CALL ME A SISSY OR A WUSS IF I WANT BACKUP.....

Maybe it is the hero complex, or poor supervision, that allows for deputies and encourages them to go look for warrants (felony or misdemeanor) alone... you know that FTA for DWLSR warrant could have had a grand theft or oops even an agg battery on a LEO arrest a week ago in our or another county...

Maybe its lack of manpower on the shifts, which if thats the case, dont go !

Maybe people need a refresher... maybe they need to look at the ODMP (officer down memorial page) website to get a slap in the face and a quick reminder that hey you are NOT superman and you are flesh and blood just as everyone else. Or maybe they need to remember 09-28... which seems that due to the lack and oversite of safety on the parts of so many, seems to have been forgotten except for certain shifts that had to live through it.

I have to applaud the supervision at the agency that does NOT allow warrant searches w/o backup, that looks out and pays attention to in progress calls to make sure their deputies are SAFE , supervision that actually CARES about safety.. and not how to bring in the biggest numbers at the risk and safety of their own deputies. (since sitting on the comfy chair in the office poses no threat to THEIR safety).

02-26-2008, 10:22 PM
but thats not the pro-cap way stats stats we want stats

03-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Just a friendly reminder..... Seems that at the present time, a majority of deputies are all in the 6000 numbers... with the old timers becoming a minority. Most of the rookies and baby deputies are young, inexperienced, and are just plain out have the God or HERO complex.

Every day I see or hear of these rookies going out , thinking they are invinsible, going into in prog situations without calling for backup, warrant checks without backup, traffic stop w/ searches without backup, etc. because they either think IM A COP I GOTTA GUN IM UNSTOPABLE, or THEY WILL CALL ME A SISSY OR A WUSS IF I WANT BACKUP.....

Maybe it is the hero complex, or poor supervision, that allows for deputies and encourages them to go look for warrants (felony or misdemeanor) alone... you know that FTA for DWLSR warrant could have had a grand theft or oops even an agg battery on a LEO arrest a week ago in our or another county...

Maybe its lack of manpower on the shifts, which if thats the case, dont go !

Maybe people need a refresher... maybe they need to look at the ODMP (officer down memorial page) website to get a slap in the face and a quick reminder that hey you are NOT superman and you are flesh and blood just as everyone else. Or maybe they need to remember 09-28... which seems that due to the lack and oversite of safety on the parts of so many, seems to have been forgotten except for certain shifts that had to live through it.

I have to applaud the supervision at the agency that does NOT allow warrant searches w/o backup, that looks out and pays attention to in progress calls to make sure their deputies are SAFE , supervision that actually CARES about safety.. and not how to bring in the biggest numbers at the risk and safety of their own deputies. (since sitting on the comfy chair in the office poses no threat to THEIR safety).

AND THESE ARE THE LEO WHO CASES GET NO BILLED BY SAO BECAUSE THEY THEY GO OVER THE LINE.