PDA

View Full Version : Another classic case of backstabbing

02-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Another backstabbing incident at our office.Poor woman put her heart and soul at the agency.

02-26-2008, 12:41 PM
MY wishes to you and family

02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
you would think they would be gentle on some.Her and her husband sacrificed al t for hcso.Goes to show you,just do your time and go home.

02-28-2008, 02:34 AM
hang in there kiddo

02-29-2008, 01:36 AM
ANyone know who the culprit was who turned the tape recorder in?

02-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Judi, I am so sorry to hear about the way this place that we work for treated you. I read the article(I haven't heard the story at the office), and I'm interpreting the situation like this:

You knew a supervisor was misquoting and deliberately twisting your words, and in fear for your reputation and career, you chose to protect yourself. Then someone somehow found the tape recorder (or they stole it) and decided to be a coward and turn it in.

Anyway, the people who really matter are behind you. The people who are decent and upright care about you. You have more friends here than you know.

Sue the Sheriff's Office.

02-29-2008, 01:19 PM
i DONT UNDERSTAND WHY US,AS ADULTS AND PROFFESSIONALS DONT WATCH EACH OTHERS BACK AND BE LIKE A FAMILY.ITS SO SAD.

02-29-2008, 11:22 PM
She should be happy she still has a job. Most agencies would have fired her on the spot. Her supervisor chose not to prosecute her - most people would have. She's worked in law enforcement since 1989 and did not know it was against the law - Come on get real. She is the one to blame and no one else.

According to the paper she made five recordings - that's five separate charges. A sheriff that would keep her after that has a big heart and she should thank him for giving her another chance. I hope those of you that support her behavior in this matter don't work in law enforcement - if you do, Hernando County is in real trouble. I wish her new supervisor the best of luck - he or she will need it.

03-01-2008, 03:34 AM
didnt know it was five separate recordings?what was she so paranoid about that she had to record him?

03-03-2008, 05:17 AM
If we only had laws governing our "supervisors"* than hard working people like Judy wouldn't have to resort to these things. For instance, "Be Lawful" pretends to be a neutral party in the beginning of his/her statement as if they were Joe Citizen then throws a personal jab in at the end. Sounds like a typical job of HCSO supervisory deflection. There are no bad employees only bad supervisors my friend.

And Judy, if you happen to read this, keep your head up. As long as you are good at what you do they'll always be someone out there trying to bring you down. You were one of the best.

03-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Good post.This has been going on here for years.DOnt think it will ever stop.Everyone is bad mouthing the other and preys on gossip that hurts another.I dont understand it???

03-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Here is the State Statute below - if the supervisor was recorded more than once and on several dates, then the statute reads like a 3rd degree felony charge? It also appears that the supervisor could seek civil damges by State Statute also. I would count my blessings if I did that and I still had my job and better yet escaped without being sued.

Fla. Stat. ch. 934.03: All parties must consent to the recording or the disclosure of the contents of any wire, oral or electronic communication in Florida. Recording or disclosing without the consent of all parties is a felony, unless the interception is a first offense committed without any illegal purpose, and not for commercial gain, or the communication is the radio portion of a cellular conversation. Such first offenses and the interception of cellular communications are misdemeanors. State v. News-Press Pub. Co. , 338 So. 2d 1313 (1976), State v. Tsavaris, 394 So. 2d 418 (1981).

Anyone whose communications have been illegally intercepted may recover actual damages or $100 for each day of violation or $1,000, whichever is greater, along with punitive damages, attorney fees and litigation costs. Fla. Stat. ch. 934.10.

03-05-2008, 12:16 AM
And your helping yourself how?

03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
wow!didnt realize that stuff.What was the supervisor doing of why she had to record him?

03-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Can you say "controlled phone calls"?

03-09-2008, 07:56 PM
[quote="No Surprise"]If we only had laws governing our "supervisors"* than hard working people like Judy wouldn't have to resort to these things. For instance, "Be Lawful" pretends to be a neutral party in the beginning of his/her statement as if they were Joe Citizen then throws a personal jab in at the end. Sounds like a typical job of HCSO supervisory deflection.

There is no accountability for upper supervisors...they keep the focus on the little guys....

03-12-2008, 09:20 PM
if she recorded the truth that's all that counts.

03-13-2008, 03:00 AM
She did record the truth - he was a complete, 100% professional all 5 times that she broke the law and recorded him. That is the truth. But, that's not what you want to hear I'm sure... because the facts might get in the way of your story and spin.

The Sheriff was unbelievably kind to her to not suspend her, to not take any money away from her, etc. If I ever decide to break the law (which I won't), I can only hope to be so lucky as to have the Sheriff allow me to keep my paychecks coming. Just shows you how much he cares about employees that have been there a long time - he cut her some major slack on this one...
She should be VERY thankful, and I'm sure she is.

05-03-2008, 04:26 PM
SORRY BUT THIS LADY COMMITED 4 FELONIES AT WORK BY RECORDING A COWORKER. I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE WASN'T CHARGED MUCH LESS STILL HAVE A JOB. IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE. SHE SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR WORK ELSEWHERE. IF IT WAS A DEPUTY HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED AND LOST HIS TICKET.

05-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Let it go....

05-03-2008, 10:11 PM
There is no expectation of privacy in a police station... That is case law... so get you story straight before you blast someone..

05-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Let's get real about what happened to Judi. Judi speaks her mind and is very knowledgable about the SO and her (former) job as a forensics tech. Judi was not and IS NOT an a#$ kisser, therefore, as new people have been hired into that unit, she didn't conform to be an a#$ kisser to 102 1/2. Therefore, any time she had an innocent conversation with her direct supervisor, her words would get twisted into something totally different. Judi had been bit by word and situation twisting in the past and therefore did what she had to, to cover her behind. Judi, if you read this, I'm behind you 100%, you know who your friends are and who has your back. Keep your chin up!

05-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Once upon a time we had a supervisor working at our Sheriff's Office. That supervisor is now retired. He was a well liked supervisor; he was a good supervisor; we all miss this supervisor, but to continue; This supervisor had a strong opinion about civilian and certified employees and took each and every opportunity to openly express his support of the certified members. Now, please understand, this supervisor also supported the civilain members of the agency, but the scales were most often tipped toward our certied members, just as it should be!!!!!!!! After all, they are placed in life and death situations everyday and perform their duties admirably. However, I think he would agree with me that he may have went just a little too far when he referred to 2 members of our agency as "JUST A SECRETARY" or JAS for short. Yes, I know, when I heard that as a part of his farewell roast during his retirment party, I too was shocked. Where in the world would this agency be without the tireless work of our support staff. They come to work, give 110% and are always there to support our Sheriff and more importantly the operation as a whole. I have never heard any of them ever complain orally or in written memorandum! They remain focused on the good of the order and never take part in any subversive or counter productive behavior. In closing, whoever is using the JAS initials on this board and making posts, please understand that people may be wrongfully interpreting the poster as one of these innocent people. Do the right thing and change your sign on. Its just not fair to them.

05-04-2008, 10:57 AM
it just stupid to come on here and air out things for the whole world to see, copy and paste to other websites that make us look like fools for whats said on here. you think only employees are on here reading. show some respect for yourself and other employees before you spout off at the mouth. but that wont happen. someone will run there mouth about this comment only to prove what I am saying even more.

05-04-2008, 06:10 PM
I love your carefully layed sarcasm. I remember that "roast." So now we have a good idea who JAS is. Well, it could be either one of them or maybe both of them. They are always stirring the pot in the agency. Remember last years Christmas party.

05-08-2008, 02:34 AM
It's not like you (three) not use your 1st amendment right. Oh, I forgot you only use that option to stir the pot. Where are you now that you have been exposed? Let me guess - I would venture to say that all of you are giving your 110% :roll: to the job. How wonderful to have people like you to run the gossip train. I would not be able to think of anyone else better. Great job, and keep up the good work. Maybe someone will put in a good word for you to the Sheriff.

The Sheriff: the one who signs your paycheck for the work you do. Again - FANTASTIC work my friends.

05-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Judi, I am so sorry to hear about the way this place that we work for treated you. I read the article(I haven't heard the story at the office), and I'm interpreting the situation like this:

You knew a supervisor was misquoting and deliberately twisting your words, and in fear for your reputation and career, you chose to protect yourself. Then someone somehow found the tape recorder (or they stole it) and decided to be a coward and turn it in.

Anyway, the people who really matter are behind you. The people who are decent and upright care about you. You have more friends here than you know.

Sue the Sheriff's Office.

Typical of our agency. :x :oops:

05-30-2009, 03:31 PM
it just stupid to come on here and air out things for the whole world to see, copy and paste to other websites that make us look like fools for whats said on here. you think only employees are on here reading. show some respect for yourself and other employees before you spout off at the mouth. but that wont happen. someone will run there mouth about this comment only to prove what I am saying even more.
I'm glad people come here and get the truth out. They yes men and women don't like it and I will guarantee that most of them have commited more crimes then she did. I know for a fact they have....do you want me to tell you some of the things we've kept under wraps so that the public can really see what they are paying for? I happen to be one who won't sit back any longer and let this stuff go on and I won't lie to help keep things covered up any more. I hate to say it but I have been forced to break laws while working here so that I can keep my family fed. Federal ones to. Our agency is full of fools, starting with the first two in command. My hopes are that the economy straightens out and I can move my family to a place that is better then this backwoods place. I hate it here but I won't quit so don't tell me to.