PDA

View Full Version : Who I want for sheriff in 2008 and why

Pages : [1] 2

MOD 353
02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
I figured I would help out the people that want to go into every thread and discuss their favorite candidate, ruining the original intent of the topic at hand. For those of you that feel the need to do that, please post here. It will save all of us some headaches and keep the delete button on my end from getting fired up.

02-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Ok since everyone has theories about who to vote for, when vote and why to vote here’s one more opinion and theory to chew on;

First priority is to get rid of McNesby. That should be first and foremost with over 90% of the employees who have experienced his incompetence, lack of leadership and corruption.

The way to do that is simple. Don’t vote for him. Vote for Morgan. To those who are skeptical of Morgan, if he beats McNesby, he’ll have to face either Scapecchi or Lucas in the general election. As it stands based on the comments posted, Scapecchi is way ahead of Lucas as far as the employees are concerned. His resume is also much more impressive than Lucas’ and that will give him a big edge with the other voters. That would mean Scapecchi and Morgan will face each other in November.

If all the national political analysts and commentators are correct with their predications, OBama will be the democratic candidate for President and that will bring out the black and other minority voters in unprecedented numbers never seen before in national or local elections. There are almost 40,000 black, Hispanic and other race registered voters in Escambia County. Some are predicting turnouts in the 85-90% range with all minorities if OBama is on the ticket. That will be a huge sure block vote for Scapecchi if it does materialize. They will vote for Scapecchi if for no other reason than he is a democrat.

The republicans who didn’t vote for Morgan in the primary because of various reasons will find those reasons still valid in the general election. Many of them who voted for McNesby in the primary will revolt against Morgan for defeating their boy in office and will vote across party lines and also vote for Scapecchi who will then beat Morgan with a big majority.

Scapecchi will be the next Sheriff of Escambia County so if you want to be a part of his team and his administration now is the time to get on his band wagon.

02-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Scapecchi will be the next Sheriff of Escambia County so if you want to be a part of his team and his administration now is the time to get on his band wagon.

Translated:
If you want to be promoted or get your revenge on mcnuggets then support Larry now.

Yep Scapecchi is reeeaaaally different. :roll:

02-24-2008, 10:54 PM
If we are going to change, I would rather have Morgan of Lucas as my next Sheriff. I think the past has proven that it is not always best to have a Sheriff that is from the agency. Lets do something different for a change. Maybe one of these guys with have some different ideals.

02-25-2008, 12:31 AM
If we are going to change, I would rather have Morgan of Lucas as my next Sheriff. I think the past has proven that it is not always best to have a Sheriff that is from the agency. Lets do something different for a change. Maybe one of these guys with have some different ideals.

Doing the same stuff with the same people from the same place ain't change.

02-25-2008, 07:13 AM
I'll take Morgan, Lucas or Scapecchi. I like Morgan's ideas. I haven't heard much of anything from either of the others. If I'm going to consider either Lucas or Scapecchi they are going to have to let me know what they stand for and what they think about how McNesby is running the SO. Morgan has been the only one talking for over a year now. Can anyone tell me why the Democrats are so damn quiet? Are they afraid of McNesby? I thought the line from the Scapecchi folks was that he was going to start letting us know his opinions after the first of the year. ??? Just wondering. I'd like to see both Scapecchi and Lucas show some stones and open up on the corruption and inefficiency that is Mac's way of life.

02-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I'll take Morgan, Lucas or Scapecchi. I like Morgan's ideas. I haven't heard much of anything from either of the others. If I'm going to consider either Lucas or Scapecchi they are going to have to let me know what they stand for and what they think about how McNesby is running the SO. Morgan has been the only one talking for over a year now. Can anyone tell me why the Democrats are so darn quiet? Are they afraid of McNesby? I thought the line from the Scapecchi folks was that he was going to start letting us know his opinions after the first of the year. ??? Just wondering. I'd like to see both Scapecchi and Lucas show some stones and open up on the corruption and inefficiency that is Mac's way of life.

Scapecchin has a web site where you can read about some of his ideas and if you want to learn more he has an e mail address you can write and ask;

http://larryscapecchiforsheriff.com/

02-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I think that was the guys point V. D. They all have websites but websites don't talk. When are Larry & Lucas going to make a public statement about the administration? Or is this a stealth campaign all the way? And if so...why? Most voters want to get to know their candidates from more than a website.

02-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Listen, Scapecci is no MacNugget and he won't have little RexNuts running around.

It will not be more of the same. It will be a better system.

And for those of you who say you want someone from the outside you must be FNGs who did not listen about the past with outsiders.

You will NOT have cronies like we have now. There will be fairness and a department with a Sheriff for the deputies and for doing a great job.

VOTE FOR LARRY, NOT FOR HARRY!!!!!

ps: Or you can Vote for Pedro

02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
VIVA PEDRO.

02-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Scapecchi.- 14 votes from my family.

02-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Larry is one of us. Ronnie is not. David is not. Lucas is not.

You want change? You know the change we need. We all do. Larry is one of US and he said that will not change! We need one of us to implement change.

We need a Sheriff whose agenda is being SHERIFF and thus taking care of the people that make up the SHERIFF... the deputies. That means, look out for us, care for us, keep us safe, prepared, well fed, etc., and we will do the job.

Now, having said this, we have to stop the political lies and have someone who will simply do the job. For example, why are Admin salaries so high? Half of the admin people can't even do their job right. They are idiots. And Ronnie ran on the platform of "Admin salaries are TOO HIGH!?????" Go figure. Those that know him from way back are not surprised.

To quote Pedro, "VOTE FOR LARRY, NOT FOR HARRY!!!"

Let's get change.

ps: Pedro, you legal?

02-28-2008, 04:26 PM
I read your blog to find out what the officers are thinking. Sometimes I wonder if you are thinking at all. The only candidate that I see as a voter is Morgan because he is on TV all the time. I wouldn't know Larry if I tripped over him. And though it's nice to think that your "one of us" leader will take care of you, what happened to the citizens that he is supposed to serve and protect? I have an open mind but I don't see anyone with a plan or talking about how bad things are that need changing but David Morgan. With as screwed up as the county has become you people should welcome new ideas. Just my two cents.

02-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I for one, am voting for Scapecchi. As will all my family and friends. He is by far the best person for the Office of Sheriff. We already know what we have now, and from listening to talk around the water cooler, the majority of the employees (sworn and civilian) want a change. Lucas, although a good man, does not have the experience needed to run the Sheriff's Office. And Morgan...well I think everyone knows why he is not a option at all. Scapecchi has the law enforcement experience (25 years), management experience (runs a sucessful business) and above all he is an honest man with high integrity and morales. Scapecchi will work hand in hand with the PBA to provide us with the best possible contract he can. He is a man who stands by his people and works with his people. Ask anyone who has worked with Scapecchi and I am sure they will tell you that he is a man of his word. Escambia County needs a change and Scapecchi is by far the best candidate for the job!!!

02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
I read your blog to find out what the officers are thinking. Sometimes I wonder if you are thinking at all. The only candidate that I see as a voter is Morgan because he is on TV all the time.

You see George Bush on tv all the time, too. Would you vote for him again if he were an option? Just because someone spends the money to buy tv airtime doesn't mean that what they're saying is true or that if it is true, that they're the person to fix the problem.

Morgan doesn't concern me as much as the people who he's surrounded himself with. With all due respect to you, Concerned Citizen, those of us who have worked around some of Morgan's supporters or their families know what some of their true agendas are. We've been through that with previous Sheriffs and don't want to go through another 4 years of having an administration and staff similar to or worse than what we have now.

Believe it or not, the majority of deputies want whats best for the department overall. Most aren't only concerned with their own welfare, but that of the department. Our department reflects on us as Law Enforcement Officers and we'd like one that we can be proud of. We need a Sheriff with integrity and the guts to do the right thing, both for the public and his employees.

02-29-2008, 01:44 AM
A guy who was in your agency for a couple of decades while it was in decline is "one of us" but not more of the same? You misunderstood my post on two key points. First I merely pointed out that I'd like to "hear" from the other candidates. Not just read their websites or be told that someone from your agency is going to be good for us. And I didn't say that any of the candidates being for the "department" was my concern. I wonder which candidate will be for the "people" who live in the county. This website is full of supporters of one candidate or another but offers very little in the way of direct answers. At least Morgan is spending his contributions to get his message out. And to answer your question, yes I would vote for someone who communicates with the voters over someone unknown to the voters. Farakahn is supporting Obama but that won't keep Obama from becoming the next president. You can't pick your supporters. But supporters all have votes too. I've been thinking of changing parties to vote in the primary just to make sure that McNesby doesn't (God forbid) win that one. There is no way I'll vote for a candidate who stays in hiding. Let's see some public debates! The democrats have had 19 on the national stage. Our local media won't even cover our local candidates. "He'll be good" and "we don't want more of that" doesn't cut it with any thinking person. Let the candidates come out of their caves and let us know what they plan to do. That is the only way a voter can make an informed decision. What are the democrats and for that matter McNesby afraid of? I think the answer is becoming more obvious with every passing day... The truth.

02-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Concerned Ctizen the questions you bring up are valid to a point however pre mature.

For you to suggest that because you have not seen Scapecchi on BLAB TV he is hiding is far from the truth. He is making contacts day by day and building momentum as time rolls along.

As any athlete knows, when running a marathon race you don’t run the whole race the same speed. The first part of the race you pace your self and don’t go into high gear till you get to the finish line. To start full speed in a political campaign is usually the political death of a candidate and fool hardy. You can be sure as it gets closer to the election date, you will see more of all the candidates including Scapecchi.

You also should understand there are over 170,000 voters in Escambia County and it is virtually impossible for any candidate for a county wide election to make personal contact with every single voter before each election. As a close friend and supporter of Scapecchi I know for a fact that he is making contact daily with as many as possible. Citizens who have a real interest in knowing about any candidate will take the initiative to do what it takes to access that information and not wait till they see a pretty face on TV telling them how great they are.

If you really are interested in what Scapecchi has to say and want him to personally contact you so you can question his candidacy and platform, his contact information is listed on his web site. All you have to do is make the call. He doesn’t have a crystal ball so he has no way of knowing who “Concerned Citizen” is. If he did, I feel sure he’d be making contact; otherwise the ball is in your court.

His web site address is: http://larryscapecchiforsheriff.com/

02-29-2008, 02:24 AM
Concerned Citizen, please be patient, he will answer any questions that you or anybody have for that matter. Please call him, Phone: 850-554-0593, he will be glad to talk to you.
The next event for Larry Scapecchi will be held Saturday, March 22nd at the PBYC (Pensacola Beach Yacht Club) from 11AM- 4PM this is a crawfish boil.

02-29-2008, 04:52 AM
To serve the citizens, first the Sheriff must have a functional department. This is apparantly not the case in Escambia. The role of Sheriff is one of service, again, this is not what appears to be the case in Escambia. Any truthful officer will tell you that the presence on the road has gone down and crime is up. This is not due to a population growth but rather a poorly run department that prepares pretty looking crime reports. Ask how long it takes to get to a call when you are stretched thin and poorly equiped. I know it takes longer than it did years ago. That is because the current ECSO administration is doing a very poor job in this regard. David Morgan is correct in stating that fact.

When we say Larry is "one of us" we mean one of the people who wants to have a safe community where people can pursue life, liberty and happiness without becoming a victim of the escalating crime in Escambia. We currently have a reactive agency that does nothing to proactively protect its citizens rights.

Given what I know of Larry, he is by far the most righteous and good person to run for Sheriff in decades. He simply is a man of honor. As one who understands how the department should work and how it needs to get back to its mission of protecting and serving, Larry is the only one running with the experience and knowledge that can do this job correctly.

I would trust Larry with my house keys. I would not want McNesby to know where I live.

I think David Morgan raises good points and applaud his courage. He asks why is there a Sheriff who was disciplined for a false police report, illegal hunting (2 times) and has several questionable dealings as Sheriff (the trailers, the stripper stuff, etc.) that just don't look kosher. However, the people he surrounds himself are nuts just like the ones McNesby has around him. Thus, should he get in, there will likely be dysfunction. You see, the whackos who were fired, couldn't get hired, can't get promoted, etc., all seem to flock to people running for Sheriff where they think they can ride in on the coat tails.

It happened with McNesby. Larry understands this and won't fall for that. Unfortunately, Morgan has them all over his camp and thus will never have the support of the majority of the officers no matter what he says. They see the whack jobs in his camp just like they do in McNesby's camp.

That does not make Morgan a bad guy or just one with poor judgement of character?

So, Larry is the best bet for the community as he will make positive change and get the agency away from good ol' boy politics, no-bid contracts, etc., and thus we will all be better off. The time is now to make change. The current Sheriff wanted change but many feel that is only because he wanted his turn to be the man and get something for it... not that he wanted to make any postivie community changes. The results speak for themselves.

When the current Sheriff raises $150k plus to run for Sheriff a year before the election, something is wrong... special interest is involved and so that is what we have.

Having said this, Larry and I are not great friends but we had a working relationship. I know him. I know he is the right guy.

I am not in his campaign but I will vote for him and encourage all my friends and family to do the same.

If you truly are what you say you are, a Concerned Citizen, then you will call Larry and get some answers directly from him.

02-29-2008, 06:20 AM
If he won't come out and address the people he won't get my vote. We should not have to rely upon secretive cabals and private audiences to know our candidate choices. Again, why is he hiding? Where are the other candidates? Your answers though lengthy and rambling did not address those questions. And don't presume that you can tell anyone how to truly express their concern. Put simply, I hear you but I don't believe you. Covering for a candidate in hiding by attacking his opponent's supporters does not clear up the mystery of why he is hiding. Without pretending to be an expert in these matters I believe there is a "clue" there.

02-29-2008, 06:42 AM
During my 12 plus years at the Escambia County Sheriff's Office, I had the pleasure of experiencing several administrations.

I started out under Seely. He was in office only a few months after I started, so I never really got a feel for his way of doing business. He seemed to be fairly well liked by the officers, but he was said to have an issue with nepotism.

Next we had Charlie Johnson. Charlie was a nice guy, but he made the mistake Morgan has and surrounded himself with self serving, power hungry idiots. Charlie had been a FHP Trooper, and a business owner. Had he been given some decent advise and allowed to learn the ropes, he may have done better. As it was, he tried to make the agency into a traffic department and was never close to his troops. Four years and end of story.

Lowman probably brought the department farther along than anyone in recent history. He increased the number of officers, secured some decent raises, and brought in new technology. Letting Shane develop Smart Cop on the County's dime and then licensing it to himself was an interesting move that never got the attention I thought it should have. Lowman lasted two terms, but his second one seemed to be used to advance the careers of certain individuals and he lost touch with the troops. I was also concerned with his close relationship with Ted Ciano and Mike Murphy.

Now we have Ronnie Mac. I left the department right before he took office, so all my opinions are as an Escambia County Citizen. I have seen a gross increase in budget, with no discernable increase in officer presence. From the few Escambia officers I ever have contact with, I see moral and enthusiasm at a very low level. Rudeness abounds and there seems to be an overall feeling of "don't give a damn".

It is time for a change. Morgan may have been a contender if he had not surrounded himself with his current entourage. His "media adviser" is on a personal crusade and his former campaign manager is a nut with an idiot son who was hired and fired twice. I have no idea about Lucas, and with no name recognition, he stands a little chance of winning. Larry is the best choice by far. He has the experience. He has been in corrections, patrol, investigations, and narcotics. He understands the job and mission of the agency. I don't know Larry well, but he coached both of my sons in baseball several years ago. He is intelligent, humble, and approachable. It is my sincere hope Larry can bring pride and community support back to this agency.

02-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Concerned Citizen: You are way too deep into this to appear subtle anymore. You are pushing a very obvious agenda... David Morgan. Nice try but people b.s. us all day... and you are no exception. In fact, your writing style smells like David Craig. Go blog someplace else as you are not wanted here.

02-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Concerned Citizen: You are way too deep into this to appear subtle anymore. You are pushing a very obvious agenda... David Morgan. Nice try but people b.s. us all day... and you are no exception. In fact, your writing style smells like David Craig. Go blog someplace else as you are not wanted here.

whoever you are, you wrote exactly what I was thinking.

02-29-2008, 09:36 PM
thanks. i smelled a rat too.

02-29-2008, 10:09 PM
12 year vet: Your take is right on every point except for one thing. Shane. He is a friend and I know the following to be true. He did not take any software he made at the ECSO, he took ideas that he came up with on his own. He rewrote the software after he left the SO and that is what he is selling to other agencies. Furthermore, he has never charged ECSO any money (and still we don't use the stuff right like the SRSO does). He even gave the ECSO all the new stuff his company wrote. Although his ideas are, by default, legally his and he could have taken those with him anyway, he had a contract from 1993 with Lowman that said he had the right to his ideas free and clear
As for investigating him and his company, that was done. A complaint was filed with the SAO and they turned it over to the FDLE in Tallahassee. The complaint was filed in 2000 so even though he won't say by whom, I got a good idea. WearTV got tipped off with the same bad info on the complaint and they even did a story on it before they got the facts. After reviewing the facts, contract, etc., the FDLE and SAO said the complaint was unfounded and that everything was beyond legit. As for his politics, he told me he wants to remain out of politics completely in Escambia. He was knee deep it in 2004. On one hand, I know personally that hung out and rode a bunch with LS in Narcotics and Patrol. On the other hand, he goes to church with the Sheriff so who knows what is going on there. He won't talk and I can't figure it out -- but I have my suspicions.

02-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Thank you for sharing the inside knowledge about Shane. I've only met him a few times, and I'm glad to know the allegations were investigated and found baseless. I don't blame him for keeping his thoughts about the election to himself. This is shaping up to be a nasty year, and many friendships will be strained because of it. I am happy to be able to openly support Larry, as I have no fear of reprisal. For the newer officers; best to keep your heads down and political opinions to yourself. Make your stand in the voting booth and may the best man win. Regardless of who wins, what you do really is not affected. The job you do is governed by the Constitution, State Laws, and County ordinances. Work with your fellow officers to project professionalism and integrity. The moral will go up and the citizens will respect and support you more.

03-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Concerned Citizen what part about: The next event for Larry Scapecchi will be held Saturday, March 22nd at the PBYC (Pensacola Beach Yacht Club) from 11AM- 4PM this is a crawfish boil.
was hard to understand?

03-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Concerned Citizen you certainly have a lot of interest in when Scapecchi is going to go into high gear and seem to be suggesting that since Morgan has been very vocal about his candidacy the last several months he has more courage than Larry.

Your posts only lacks the required disclaimer for political ads that says something like, “paid for by a supporter of David Morgan”.

Concerned Citizen be patient. When the time is right you’ll hear more and more and see more and more of Scapecchi. Until then, you have been told several times when and where Larry will be on March 22. I look forward to seeing you sitting on the front row with a lot of questions to ask that you want answered. If you’re not there, everyone will know who is the one who is hiding. Be sure to ask him why he is hiding and not discussing his platform and the major issues of the campaign.

03-01-2008, 03:25 AM
Scapecchi is not facing Morgan so it really does not matter when he shifts his campaign in high gear. He is facing Lucas and when he beats Lucas he will be going after McNesby or Morgan. I am sure you will hear more from him then.

03-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Concerned Citizen -- I agree with the posts above. You have an obvious agenda and seem to have gone into hiding since being called out. When I read your posts I can't help but hear David Craig's monotone voice in my mind questioning perps while impartially filming them or trying to enter houses on search warrants with his lights and cameras. Sciuridae.

12 Year Vet -- It does matter in the end who is Sheriff as far as agency effectiveness. The Sheriff can, through policy and force allocation, make or break an agency. This is the case now in Escambia. We are less capable through mismanagement.

Larry and Shane -- If you have been around you know that he hung out with the 3 Larrys that worked in the back. So is he tight with McNesby because they go to church together? There is no love lost between those two. BUT does it matter? Not unless he takes a stand and gives Larry some of that $$$.

<<< VOTE FOR LARRY S >>>

03-01-2008, 05:00 AM
I guess it just boils down to if people don't obey your orders then you attack them. I don't know about too deep, an agenda, David Craig or any of your other strange remarks. I'll gladly leave because I see nobody will ever get a straight answer here. And I'll tell all my friends and neighbors and co-workers. I asked why the candidates won't speak and I got attacked. I asked why they are hiding and I was told that it doesn't matter. Well it mattered to me. And it matters to most citizens with half a mind out here in the real world. The sheriff is obviously a loser and I see he has bred a number of contemptuous employees. See you at the polls.

03-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Concerned Citizen:

Again, you have an agenda. Your remarks reveal your motive. You were given good, honest and open feedback. You betrayed your hidden motives by dismissing the feedback and spewing the same rhetoric as in your first post.

You were given information on Larry S such as where you could hear him speak, planned appearances, his web page, cell phone, etc, and you simply ignored this information. The incredibly kind replies that were reaching out to you were simply blown off by you. Also, what is your definition of a canidate in hiding? Not appearing on RNN? They have less viewers than Morning Joe.

Any investigator, reading your last post, would suspect you are not whom you say you are because it is very out of the ordinary and very much in line with who you are accused of being. A true concerned citizen would have not been on the attack (your motive) but rather would have engaged the responders of your first post to find out more about Larry S. They certainly reached out to you. You didn't reach back because you are a Morgan supporter and probably David Craig. We don't need to be a Phi Beta Kappa or a Terry Kilgore to read that between your lines.

I happen to think David is a bright guy and a very good guy. I certainly think he is a better man than Harry. I just think Larry S is the best guy for the job. Part of this logic comes from the fact that I know the people around David and they are whack jobs. I think you are one of them.

The only thing you said that makes sense concerns the current Sheriff.

Now, pony up, admit to yourself you have been "outed" because, while you think you are clever, you can't BS people who see it every day.

Don't post anymore because you will just dig it deeper.

In other words, don't go away mad. Just go away.

03-01-2008, 06:27 AM
AMEN, AMEN & AMEN to the previous post.
Now my two cents worth.

Wow Concerned Citizen, you don’t give up, Ill say that for you. But, your remarks don’t hold up to logic, to quote Mr. Spock. Your contention that Scapechi is hiding out as so astutely been pointed out by the last post has been answered over and over again and you keep beating that dead horse. He’s had several public meeting where anyone who was interested could have heard what he had to say and question him about things they neededto hear an answer for.

I know for a fact that he not hiding and is out and about campaigning every day. I was present during the last few days when he met with a citizen who had made contact with him and who wanted him to explain some of his positions. He spent over an hour with that one person discussing the election, his platform and most of the issues about the operation of the Sheriffs’ office. He answered all the questions the citizen had about what he would do to correct those issues if he is elected. That is not “hiding out”!

Because he has not elected not to get on soap box yet in the court house square and shout out what the issues of the campaign are, doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why. It is simply too soon. He would be foolish to expend what ever resources he has at this early stage on expensive television or other media time. By the time the election gets here, whatever he said would have been forgotten.

Why should Scapecchi un-necessarily spend money now? If Morgan does manage to defeat McNesby in the primary, and if Larry defeats Mr. Lucas, he will need his funds in that toe to toe with Morgan in the General. It makes sense that Morgan supporters would want Larry to start burning up his resource now so he would be on equal footing with Morgan who by that time will be broke at the rate he has already spent his money. Larry’s mama didn’t raise no fool.

Mr. Morgan is running his campaign in a manner he sees fit and as has been widely reported he has already spent most of his resources he has collected on a TV station that that is in competition with 30 or so other Channels. I’m sure his message has reached some, but for the most part, I suspect it is not many. How ever many he’s reached via that medium, it would have been better to reach them a few weeks before the election not over a year before. Voters have very; very short memories when it comes to what politicians have to say.

I’ll echo the many others who have concluded that you have an agenda and I don’t think you really want to know what Scapecch’s thoughts are on any subject or else by now you would have made contact with him and got your answers. I also suspect that you already know what his campaign plans and platform is. In short, YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT!

I for one, hope you keep your word and go away and the more of your family and friends that you tell that Scapecchi is hiding out, if they read this blog, they wont be impressed with what ever you say because they probably already know you’re full of shit.

PS: Mod
If I can’t use the common word for excrement, feel free to edit my post and replace the “S” word with excrement, do-do, po-po, feces, bull hockey or what ever politically correct word is ok to communicate the “S” word that describes Concerned Citizen. But in this case the slang word is the best way to communicate what I think about Mr. Concerned Citizen or Ms. which ever the case may be.

I concur with the previous closing remarks and will plagiarize his words: “DON’T GO AWAY MAD, JUST GO AWAY”. Stick to Blue Lights, that’s what you do best, you’re over your head in politics.

03-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Mod,
Disregard my last. I see that the site has a built in filter that automatically edited the “S” word and replaced it with “shizzat”. Now I’m curious what other expletives are in the program and what the replacement word is?  :lol:

03-01-2008, 08:52 AM
You sure told him. Or her. How much money does it cost a candidate to talk in public? I think your answers were more frustrating then realistic. Many of us in the jail are voting for Morgan. And frankly if we knew more about Larry we might be interested in his campaign. Real politicians come out and play. They don't wait for people to engage them in one on ones. I'm sure you'll harass me for my opinions too but frankly you are pissing people off with your attitude. And whether they go away mad or not they ain't voting for your guy because you are talking more then you are making sense. I don't know Larry. Where can we go to see him at a public event? How much does it cost him to go outside and talk to a group? Answer = Nothing. One person's "schizzat" is another ones "right on the money." Anyway I don't really care. You aren't making any sense. Larry isn't coming out to stand against a corrupt sheriff that won't pay us squat. How righteous can he be? At least my candidate has the balls to call the sheriff out for all his shenanigans. Broke or not he is known to more of us then any of the others. CC was right. And all you did was run him/her off. Diplomacy is not either Harry or Larry's strong suit I guess. Or at least not his supporters on this blog. Go ahead. Jump my case now.

03-01-2008, 01:39 PM
You're not Jailer you're Concerned Citizen. Why would you say we ran him off as if you knew he wouldn't be posting anymore. There has only been one Morgan supporter who has ever posted here. While you may think you are pulling a fast one, how does it make you feel when you lay your head on your pillow knowing you have to pretend to be more than one person because no one at the ECSO will step up here or with their money to support him. That would make me sad :(

03-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Jailer,

Check his web page. Like concerned citizen was told, the facts are there. You choose to ignore them because nothing will change your agenda. Your mind is made up no matter who you pretend to be.

I see Larry's web page showing how Harry stated in 1999 that he would LOWER admin costs (BLAB TV) and now here we are, at 310% and much less effective of an agency.

If the web page is not a good enough medium for now, they what makes posting here any different. If you can't get a vibe off the web, why you trying to get it here.

And Larry being in the race and the best viable canidate is not standing up to McNesby? Hmmmm. Harry is worred about Larry because he knows when he looks out over his vast little fifedom that itt won't be his for long... a new Sheriff is coming to town and most at the SO want Larry.

Concerned Citizen or Jailer or whomever you want to be, come to it with an open mind and not an agenda and you will be enlightened.

VOTE FOR LARRY, NOT FOR HARRY!

03-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Dear Friends,

I have been reading these posts and am very shocked at what I read. I had to find out the facts for myself. I have a neighbor who works at the Escambia Sheriff's Office and he told me Larry Scapecci is the best man for the job. He said most of the department is behind him.

I went to the Larry Scappechi site and I found it to be very informative. He seems very experienced and from reading the posts here, his supporters seem to be passionate, articulate and logical.

I went to the David Morgan site and he seems to be nice but there is a hint of desparation. Reading the posts here of people accused of having an "agenda" I see that same desparation. I believe they are one and the same. This is very sad that a man like Mr. Morgan, who appears to be a very well qualified man, has surrounded himself with such types.

Concerned Citizen and Jailer, thanks for allowing me to make such an easy decision on who to vote for in the Escambia Sheriff's race. Your posts clearly show that I want no part of anything you are attached to and lead me to believe what my neighbor told me is correct.

We will have over 250 at our family reunion in April. I guess I will call Mr. Scapecchi and get some signs so everyone can take one home. We will all be sure to tell all of our friends, neighbors and co-workers too.

Sincerely,

Roy D.
Cantonment, FL

03-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Dear Mr. Roy D.

My gracious, I was shocked at what I read and came to the same conclusions you have. This Larry Scapecchi fellow seems to be what we need in our county.

Hattie H. from Molino

03-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Concerned Citizen and more especially one who calls himself “jailer”.

You gave yourself away once again. The term “jailer” is one that is not politically correct and is one that has not been used for years by any self respecting professional correctional officers. Most officers working in the corrections field find the term offensive demeaning and passé’.

You’re no more a “jailer” than I am. I retired from the Jail years ago but still have a lot of friends and other contacts within the Corrections Division and the Sheriff’s Office itself.

For you to make up a lie and suggest that Morgan has the support of those including your self who work at the jail is an out right lie and you know it. If he does, name one. Yes name a single person who has publicly make any kind of statement that indicates they are supporting Morgan. You can’t name any and it’s because of supporters he has like you.

The same can’t be said for Scapecchi. He’s had fund raisers where a number of Sheriff’s office employees including deputies, corrections officers and support personnel have shown up to let him know they are supporting him. Several were working at the event helping with the cooking and serving the food. Several others of them purchased his campaign T shirt and were openly wearing it. Several had made campaign contributions and their names are a matter of public record. Several officers are actively working during their off duty hours helping him put up campaign signs and distributing literature and yard signs.

In addition the straw vote that the union took some time ago from the union members resulted in him getting over 73% of the vote of the officers who voted. I’ll concede that Morgan received 3% which means if 200 voted Scapecchi received 146 votes and Morgan received 6 votes. If 6 votes out of 200 is your idea of support from the Deputies and the Correctional Officers then you are living in a dream world.

You name one, including yourself, if you are a “jailer” that has shown the courage to come out publicly for Morgan. Ill say again you cant and won’t be able to because there are not any. Lastly, I agree you are full of shizzat

03-01-2008, 06:01 PM
You are correct!

This is a perfect example of the whack jobs that would ride the Mogran coat tails. I suspect they would be worse than Rex the Lap Dog. The only think Morgan has going for him is that he is not McNesby. He needs to clean house before anyone will take him seriously.

Here are the facts:

Registered Voters:
Republican 74,466 (44%)
Democrat 68,408 (40%)
No Party Affiliation 21,459 (13%)
Minor Parties 5,085 (3%)

In the 2004 Presidential race, Escambia voted party lines. In the Sheriff's race, McNesby did not carry the party line that Bush did. McNesby beat Powell by only 13,000 votes. Something like 55 to 45. That means quite a few Republicans crossed the party lines to vote against McNesby.

Now, in 2008, the voters have been given quite a bit more to cross the line for and vote against McNesby. All the money in the world can't fix his reputation. When the Independent Weekly runs a picture of Boss Hog Harry on the cover you got someone that is not very popular. Add to that his friendship with Touart and Whitehead, some other not so popular fellows, and you have a pending disaster for McNesby. Add to this the Escambia County tradition of voting out 2 termers and McNesby's run is over.

Now throw in the fact that Larry has much more troop support than did Powell from the Escambia troops and McNesby is really looking bad. The lack of troop support will lose it for you. I know many people that gave McNesby a few bucks because they felt the peer pressure. However, in private they say "I am voting for Larry." Thus I predict many more voters will cross the line for Larry than they did for Powell as they are fed up with McNesby.

So Mr. Scapecci will be Sheriff.

Thank God!

03-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Don't forget that Harry also had Hurricane Ivan to give him TV exposure and push him over the edge.

Pray for no Hurricanes. Harry is most likely praying for a few of them.

03-01-2008, 07:11 PM
You are correct!

------
In the 2004 Presidential race, Escambia voted party lines. In the Sheriff's race, McNesby did not carry the party line that Bush did. McNesby beat Powell by only 13,000 votes. Something like 55 to 45. That means quite a few Republicans crossed the party lines to vote against McNesby.----

Thank God!

Actually McNesby didnt beat Powell by 13,000 votes, he simpley had 13,000 votes more than Powell. Sound confusing but its' not. If only 6,500 who voted for McNesby or basically 3,250 housholds not voted for him and voted for Powell instead, then it would have been a dead heat beacuse Powell would had 6.,500 more votes and McNesby would of had 6,500 less votes.

It was cloer than most realize. The post that mentioed Ivan, hit the nail on the head. That strom gave McNesby the edge. He was losing the race till in came along and allowed him to monopolize all the media for several weeks. ( Free). Hopefully God wont allow another Ivan to save him.

03-01-2008, 08:40 PM
I stand corrected and thanks!

That makes sense. A vote from Harry means a vote for Powell so the gap closes by 2. I never looked at it like that but it is very clear now.

This changes everything and shows that the Evil Empire's chances are even worse than I thought.

Very good news and again, thanks!

Also, I don't believe a hurricane could help Harry. He was all but done until Ivan but it still did not give him that great of a margin. The fact is people crossed party lines to vote for Powell. I think Harry has done too much stuff since then and because of this, at the very least, has the general public thinking that he is extremely unethical. I have even heard that his church is full of people who feel this way about him. All his special interest money won't save him.

These facts speak loud and clear.

<< LARRY NOT HARRY >>

03-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Excuse me for not reading this thread sooner but I’ve been out of town and have just now found time to catch up on what is being written about on this site.

An earlier post brought up the subject of Shane Linke not supporting Scapeccni even though he had worked closely with him while he was employed at the Sheriffs Department and was thought to be a close personal friend of Scapecchi’s. There can only be one reason and that is someone somehow got to him.

The last I heard Shane is now an employee of the Levin law firm. That whole law firm has poured tons of money into McNesbys campaign and since I’m a betting man, I’d wager Shane was read the riot act and told not to support Scapecchi. Shane must have grown mellow in his old age because is that is true, in his younger years he would have told them where to put their orders. It’s too bad that politics has a way of revealing the true character of a man.

What surprises me the most other than Shane distancing himself from Scapecchi is that particular law firm aligning themselves with a person of McNesby unscrupulous character? They have enough contacts throughout the whole judicial circuit so that they can’t be ignorant of how McNesby is corrupting the Sheriffs’ Department and wasting millions in tax dollars by buying un-necessary big boy toys and hiring cronies at huge beginning salaries and a lot of other highly questionable things he’s involved with. They put on high and mighty airs about how they are believers that government should be honest and un-corruptible and how they take on the cases of the down trodden and then to be so hypocritical by supporting the likes of someone like McNesby is mind boggling and disappointing. Abe would have been diapointed too.

But we do have to acknowledge that they are attorneys and with many of them power, money and influence is their main focus in life not ethical honest government. Most of the crooks caught up in corruption in Washington are attorneys so I need not to say more.

03-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Can someone PLEASE show me all this support for Larry. How many of you have given him money? How many of you are working in his campaign? Words with out action, are just WORDS!

I hear that the Sheriff had more than FIFTY EMPLOYEES, of the ESO, show up to assist with the assembly of his campaign signs. I hear many more are lining up to help put them up. ACTIONS do speak louder than WORDS!

03-02-2008, 01:55 AM
If you were being paid on with the company dime at rate of 60, 70, 80 and $100,000 a year and knew you had to keep him happy if you want to keep feeding at the public trough, you’d be there too with your coveralls on.

The employees showed their action when they voted for Scapecchi with 73% and only McNesby received only 21%. Those you see sucking up doing the common labor work are those same 21% and you’re probably one of them.

Rumor must be true that McNesby is more concerned about Scapecchi than he is Morgan, so let the games begin.

03-02-2008, 02:42 AM
there were so many lap dogs putting signs together that pet smart was green with envy. the citizens will vote and your signs are not going to do anything but remind people about all the negative things about harry.

hey honey, look at that big sign on the right of way.

yeah, that is a big sign. shoddy looking, like a lap dog put it together.

who is it for?

that sheriff mcnesby guy.

the report falsifying, allegded trailer selling, alledged stripper threatening and certified guilty illegal hunting guy that looks like a cross between boss hog and buford justice that walks like a duck?

yeah, thats the one.

he won't get my vote again.

03-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Stick to the people running and lets forget about people that are not a factor in this election.

Having said this, I have to clarify some facts from previous posts.

Shane Lincke (not Linke) has a company called Smart Cop in downtown. He does not work for the Levin firm but Levin owns part of Smart Cop. As a friend of his I can guarantee you he would never sell out or let anyone shut him up so your question of his character is wrong. Look up Smart Cop and go down there and ask him for all I care. But don't slam a guy who is just minding his own business. As for the Levins, they give money to whomever is the incumbant Sheriff and always have. I was told they really don't care who is Sheriff and have no bond with McNesby.

However, who gives a shizzazz about Shane on this forum. He is not running for Sheriff and does not even live in the county. I am a LS supporter and hit on Shane hard for support. He is gun shy from the last election. Now all this crappola is going to make him shy further away from giving LS support.

As I said above, we should stick to the people running and lets forget about people that are not a factor in this election.

03-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Looks like Scapecchi has his whole administration posting here. Too bad the voters don't care about this blog. Lucas will be a better choice then Larry cause he is not from the ECSO. Ya'll need to stop being so scared of changes. Lucas for Sheriff. Not Larry.

03-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Ok, Lucas it is. Or maybe Morgan. Or maybe Scapecchi. As long as it's ABM, ok with me.... anybody but mcnesby

03-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Rumor must be true that McNesby is more concerned about Scapecchi than he is Morgan, so let the games begin.

If the multitude of posts here by Concerned Citizen, Jailer and others is any indication, it seems that the new rumor should be that Morgan is more concerned about Scapecchi than he is McNesby.

03-02-2008, 08:00 AM
My God how many more months of this politcal bs do have to go thru.....

03-02-2008, 09:04 AM
My God how many more months of this politcal bs do have to go thru.....

Depends on how many more years you have til retirement. Happens every 4 years.

03-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Let's all agree on the following:

- McNesby needs to be ousted along with all his McNuggets. They can't run a department.

- We need a Sheriff who has honor, experience and leadership. We need a Sheriff who will fight to take care of his deputies (hey, those are my deputies and I want to get them all I can) so they in turn will do a great job AS DEPUTIES ARE THE REASON THERE IS A DEPARTMENT -- THEY PERFORM THE AGENCY MISSION. Right now we have one that just does not care. Not to mention the fact that he brings shame to the Office of Sheriff.

Somewhere, right now, McNuggets are saying: Honor, integrity, leadership, agency mission??? What the heck is that?

03-02-2008, 02:15 PM
ABM but my pick is Lucas. The Republicans have had their time at the trough and we need somebody new in there.

03-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Can someone PLEASE show me all this support for Larry. How many of you have given him money? How many of you are working in his campaign? Words with out action, are just WORDS!

I hear that the Sheriff had more than FIFTY EMPLOYEES, of the ESO, show up to assist with the assembly of his campaign signs. I hear many more are lining up to help put them up. ACTIONS do speak louder than WORDS! 50 employees! "WOW!" Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling......Maybe Not!.....That's not even 21% of the total employees of this dept.........I wouldn't boast that figure too loudly my friend, looks like someone is loosing ground!!!!

03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Party affiliation has nothing to do with anything on a local level. McNesby was a democrat but became a republican so he could face Lowman in the general election and not a primary.

It matters naught. What matters is who the man is.

ABM is pri 1

Then it is open.

I just want LS because I consider him to be the best.

03-02-2008, 03:38 PM

I hear that the Sheriff had more than FIFTY EMPLOYEES, of the ESO, show up to assist with the assembly of his campaign signs. I hear many more are lining up to help put them up. ACTIONS do speak louder than WORDS! 50 employees! "WOW!" Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling......Maybe Not!.....That's not even 21% of the total employees of this dept.........I wouldn't boast that figure too loudly my friend, looks like someone is loosing ground!!!!

He's hired and promoted twice that many or more in the 8 yrs he's been in office and now he's down to 50% support from the very ones he hired and promoted into plush cushion jobs. He should be concerned why the other 50 didnt show up!

03-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Jailer writes:

". Many of us in the jail are voting for Morgan. And frankly if we knew more about Larry we might be interested in his campaign. Real politicians come out and play. "

1)Vote for who you want, after all ist America.
2) If you want to know more about Larry, I am pretty sure his website and/or calling him would answer any questions. Or you are too damn lazy and expect to be spoon fed everything. If moving your hand to manipulate a mouse or phone might be too much work, than you are a typical example of why we have such poor voter turn out in general.
3) Larry Scapecchi isn't a politician, he's a cop!!!! He's not coming out to play, he's coming out to fix a problem. Honor and Integrity are just not words for some of us, they are a defining way of life.

03-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Just for the record, in March of 1999, Lowman had over 100 people show up to assemble signs.

Now that is what I call a sign.

03-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Dont forget that having those 100 didnt help. He lost to McNesby.

03-03-2008, 01:41 AM
Jailer is wrong, I know of only one voting for Morgan. Everybody else I spoke to are for LS.
You can't call the COs murders and then ask them to vote for you. And yes I have seen the video.
Also you can't $#$% on your employes for 8 years and expect them to support you. All I see supporting him are his high paid lap dogs and the ones who got special jobs (doing nothing but licking his boots clean)because of campaign contributions.

03-03-2008, 01:51 AM

I think that was the point they were making. Having 50 is nothing to brag about... Lowman had 100 and still lost.

You lose the people, it doesn't matter how many signs you have or how much special interest money you have.

You lose.

03-03-2008, 03:19 AM

I think that was the point they were making. Having 50 is nothing to brag about... Lowman had 100 and still lost.

You lose the people, it doesn't matter how many signs you have or how much special interest money you have.

You lose.

Charlie Johnson found that out.

03-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Morgan cause he'll pay us better. That's good enough for me.

03-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Morgan but only if he shizzzaz-cans his lunatic supporters. The last thing we need is more of the same concerning the admin staff.

03-04-2008, 01:57 PM
If Shane wants to involve himself in any part of this it is HIS business. He was always very well respected at ECSO and still is to this day by those who knew and appreciated his talents. Lets not make assumptions...there are far more important issues at hand that affect so many this year and it is a long road ahead.

03-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Morgan. Cause I'm tired of listening to Rex biatch bout him on this blog. For sure T-Rex will become extinct under a Morgan administration.

03-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Rex will be extinct under any administration except for Harry's.

VOTE FOR LARRY (S) NOT FOR HARRY.

03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
David Morgan has the education needed to handle the budget. I'm ready for somebody new.

03-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Scapecchi has the experience to handle the budget but also has the experience to run the law enforcement aspect (to include the jail) of the Sheriff's Office. McNesby does have the experience to do this as well, but he lacks in integrity,ethics, and morales to do the right thing for the employees. Morgan may have education, but does not possess the real world law enforcement experience that Scapecchi does. He also does not possess one other important factor...the support of the Sheriff's Office employees. Lucas, although a good man, does not possess the experience in law enforcement needed. So, the choice is clear... Scapecchi for Sheriff! He has the experience on both the law enforcement and jail sides of the Sheriff's Office. He has the sucessful experience in managing a large budget. He has the integrity, ethics and morales needed to do the right thing in a very public office. And he has a true love for the citizens, community, the Sheriff's Office and the employees. Escambia County, it's citizens, the Sheriff's Office and it's employees has been long overdue for someone with the characteristics of Larry Scapecchi.

DDG
03-05-2008, 03:25 PM
i agree 100%

03-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I 100% agree with that... however, I would add that McNesby does not have the "intelligence" to run anything.

03-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Sure he does. I have seen him run things into the ground. Like the ECSO, for example.

03-06-2008, 04:08 AM
Sure he does. I have seen him run things into the ground. Like the ECSO, for example.I just want to BBQ!

03-06-2008, 06:26 AM
I'll take Lucas or Morgan over McNesby or Scapecchi. ESO brass experience isn't a big plus in my opinion. A new broom sweeps clean. With all due respect, Larry was there during a whole lot of bad stuff going on and what did he do to speak up and make it better? Sure to speak up might have been a career ender but how is it we are supposed to believe that he has integrity now? Someone please explain that?

03-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Experience, you speak as if you have none.

Just because an administration is bad does not mean that the people working here are bad.

Because of your question, you probably don't work at the SO. However, if you do, are you speaking out against McNesby? Publicly?

Your comment has zero relevance to anything.

03-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Integrity, or by that matter anybody reading this post, I have a question? If McNesby ask to your face will you help me build signs and will you support me? What would your answer be?
Before I question anybodies integrity I always check mine first.
Also do you have a sign in front of your house supporting whomever you support? Are you actively helping another candidate beat McNesby?
And please don’t give me the cliché answer “I don’t get involved in politics” because you just did.
If we want to defeat McNesby we must conquer our fears and actively support a candidate, he is counting on us being scare. The only thing I’m scare of is another 4 years with this clown.
Remember:” united we win, divided we fall.”

I will vote for Larry, Scapecchi.

03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Well said.

03-06-2008, 09:33 PM
The Escambia SO is worse off with McNesby. Poorly administrated, fiscally irresponsible, top heavy and they certainly don't have a clue how to properly pursue the mission of a Sheriff's Office.

The primary thing that keeps people safe and lowers crime is law enforcement presence. Simple. You see a cop, you slow down. You see a cop, you don't do crime. The more out there, the more tools they have to be more effective, etc., the lower the crime rate will be and the safer people will actually be. Well, the other thing that lowers the crime rate is writing down lower numbers aka cooking the books. Glad that's not happening.

We need more deputies actually on the road, better compensated and satisfied with who and what they are all about. Where will this money come from? The logic here is the deputies are the #1 tool in law enforcement. Take care of them first! Compensate them well so they want to work hard. Earn their respect, don't beat it out of them. Then, if you have money left, get a helicopter, a boat, get a new Tahoe, build a garage, overpay lap dogs, promote the lapdogs, etc., but take care of the single number one ingredient to any law enforcement agency first! Start by reducing the 310% increase in admin salaries for people who actually detract from the agencies ability to do the job -- not just by taking away the money on their salaries but by preventing them from making very poor decisions or being over their head and not doing a quality job at all.

* * * VOTE LARRY, NOT HARRY * * *

I can't wait to see what they have to say at the end of the month about McNesby's budget, spending habits and contracting.

03-07-2008, 04:27 AM
The Sheriff was interviewed on WEBY radio this after noon and he indicated he wanted to get rid of the jail. Said it cost to much for him to run.

03-07-2008, 05:42 AM
Lets be honest.....the reason there is a shortage of manpower on the streets is because way to many promotions have taken place. This office has hemorraged experienced personnel and has still steadily increased the number of supervisors. Evening shifts 10-15 years ago averaged 12-15 officers not including supervisors. Today evening shifts are lucky to get half of that and the number of supervisors has doubled. Compare the latest round of not needed supervision with the contribution list to
Mcnesby......dep. dooley got it about half right. What people and the candidates do not realize is you can't come in and demote supervision.....there are labor laws and contracts that hinder that. You can tell Lt. Coffee Cup hes now working a district but you still have to pay him Lt. salary. Until a candidate can say what they can do to get around that, supporting them will have a negligible change on the SO....I say Mcnesby has left a legacy of a f#@ed up agency....and any of his supporters should be ashamed.

03-07-2008, 06:13 AM
You are correct. The only point is there is no reason to keep the person that caused all the problems. We need a new Sheriff who is not in this to line his pockets and is not on a power trip!

03-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Lets be honest.....the reason there is a shortage of manpower on the streets is because way to many promotions have taken place. This office has hemorraged experienced personnel and has still steadily increased the number of supervisors. Evening shifts 10-15 years ago averaged 12-15 officers not including supervisors. Today evening shifts are lucky to get half of that and the number of supervisors has doubled. Compare the latest round of not needed supervision with the contribution list to
Mcnesby......dep. dooley got it about half right. What people and the candidates do not realize is you can't come in and demote supervision.....there are labor laws and contracts that hinder that. You can tell Lt. Coffee Cup hes now working a district but you still have to pay him Lt. salary. Until a candidate can say what they can do to get around that, supporting them will have a negligible change on the SO....I say Mcnesby has left a legacy of a f#@ed up agency....and any of his supporters should be ashamed.

There are loads of at will employees that can be terminated without recourse. The ranks can be abolished and once abolished the incumbents only recourse is to demote down to accept a lessor positons or hit the road. It's been done in other counties, suits were filed and the courts ruled against the officers trying to force an incoming Sheriff from not setting up his own rank stucture that caused them to be demoted in rank and pay.

03-07-2008, 05:08 PM
disgruntle: to cause to change from friendly or loving to unfriendly or uncaring.

to make discontented.

to make discontent or cross; to cause being in a bad temper.

03-07-2008, 07:02 PM
cor·rupt
1. guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked: a corrupt judge.
2. debased in character; depraved; perverted; wicked; evil: a corrupt society.
3. made inferior by errors or alterations, as a text.
4. infected; tainted.
5. decayed; putrid.

03-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Larry S will only clean out the McNuggets and put everyone else he can back on the street.

03-07-2008, 07:05 PM
When used in a sentence:

The corrupt ways of the Sheriff caused the Deputies to become disgruntled.

03-08-2008, 10:35 PM
SCAPECCHI NOT LUCAS

MORGAN NOT MCNESBY

03-09-2008, 01:14 AM
SCAPECCHI NOT LUCAS

MORGAN NOT MCNESBY

It's not been a dream, it's been a 8 year nighTmare :x

03-09-2008, 01:14 AM
SCAPECCHI NOT LUCAS

MORGAN NOT MCNESBY

It's not been a dream, it's been a 8 year nighTmare :x

03-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Take Capt. Tighty when you go... STBRM!

03-09-2008, 02:38 AM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_C6OjniE8Heg/R9ItOhiuNiI/AAAAAAAAAAs/kOpujHkMhvk/s400/3peat.jpg

03-09-2008, 06:19 AM
that is awesome... he is such an unmoral, unethical, and a liar... only a fraud like him can continue to fool olive baptist and pull the wool over the eyes of the public... he belongs in prison or under a house after drinking anti-freeze and a few beers.. but then again, a good baptist wouldn't drink beer... but swinging is ok..... send Dixie Cupps my best.... ;-)

03-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Doesn't look like the "better the devil you know" approach is gaining much support.

03-09-2008, 10:26 AM
http://www.inweekly.net/article.asp?artID=1713

03-09-2008, 11:15 AM
From the PBA website:
The following are the results from the poll that was recently sent out in the newsletter to our members. To the question of who you are mostly like to support at this time for Sheriff out of the four named candidates the results were as follows:

:) Scapecchi: 73%

:twisted: McNesby: 21%

:cry: Lucas: 3%

:cry: Morgan: 3%

Larry Scapecchi for Sheriff

03-09-2008, 11:59 AM
that is awesome... he is such an unmoral, unethical, and a liar... only a fraud like him can continue to fool olive baptist and pull the wool over the eyes of the public... he belongs in prison or under a house after drinking anti-freeze and a few beers.. but then again, a good baptist wouldn't drink beer... but swinging is ok..... send Dixie Cupps my best.... ;-)

i have heard that many of the people at olive baptist church know the truth about mcnesby. also pointed out was that the history at olive baptist church indicates that the members investigate the candidates, even if they are from olive baptist church, and discuss and then vote for the person they feel is the best, regardless of who the pastor subversively supports. that church is too big for everyone to agree with the pastor all the time and he has angered people in the past with some of his blatant subversiveness. i spoke to a person that quit attending mass there because of this. also of note is that olive baptist church has had members run for high office and be trounced in the elections (i.e., knepper), so don't put too much weight in this matter nor in the influence of their pastor. i will say the pastor from olive baptist church is a good speaker as i have heard him at a luncheon before. however, the real shame here is the hypocrisy of mcnesby and smith actually going to church and a preacher of the gospel actually supporting mcnesby instead of investigating the man and going with what is righteous. we know this because we see mcnesby and smith every day and think, "they actually go to church and are baptists?"

ps: for the record, the comments about the anti-freeze are in very poor taste. while i understand your anger, your post would have more impact without them.

03-09-2008, 01:28 PM
How many PBA members responded to this poll?

03-09-2008, 02:11 PM
From the PBA website:
The following are the results from the poll that was recently sent out in the newsletter to our members. To the question of who you are mostly like to support at this time for Sheriff out of the four named candidates the results were as follows:

:) Scapecchi: 73%

:twisted: McNesby: 21%

:cry: Lucas: 3%

:cry: Morgan: 3%

Larry Scapecchi for Sheriff

The votes shown in the straw poll was mailed out to Sheriffs office union members only. Employees who are not union members did not get a ballot and had no vote since this was a ballot to determine who the union members that number in the hundreds preferred to be the next Sheriff.

The results of that poll reflect what the real working people of the Sheriffs Office think and who they favor to be the next Sheriff. It was the most accurate and creditable poll ever ran at the Sheriffs office as it was mailed only to employees who are members of the union and the ballot was sent to their home addresses. Each ballot was made with a watermark so that duplicates could not be reproduced to skew the vote. The results prove the union members prefer Scapecchi over McNesby for another four years.

That being said, the union leaders are being pressured and are agonizing over the vote and want to send out another ballot so that this time McNesby will get more votes. They have devised a scheme to send out new ballots for a second vote but this time they will be sent to all employees to their Sheriffs office work station and not just too union members.

That process will virtually guarantee that McNesby will get all the votes of all non union members including all those he’s hired directly in at huge starting salaries and will include all the high ranking officers which include all the directors, one major all the captains and most if not all of the lieutenants who are not a members of the sworn officers union. The results will also include all the support personnel who he’s hired into top positions at better than starting salaries who are also not members of the union. He will also get votes this time from many of those he’s promoted who made campaign contributions to him and who are not members of the union and will have a well founded fear that he may somehow find out how they voted since the ballot will be going through the office mail system.

They have forgotten about how a vote was taken four years ago that was reported to have been taken in a way so that those voting could be identified by having the ballots secretly coded.

If the union leaders want to have another creditable vote, they should send out three ballots; one just like they did before with watermarked ballots to union only members home addresses and the another ballot to all non union sworn personnel to their Sheriff’s Office work address with a separate water marked ballot and the third to all support personnel who are not a member of the union with another separate watermarked ballot to their Sheriffs Office address.

If the vote is not taken in this matter the results will not accurately reflect what the three classifications of employee’s preferences are and the results will be skewed and be nothing more than a sham to try to appease McNesby in an effort by the union leaders to try to make him look better.

If the three ballots are sent out, it will still guarantee McNesby will get votes but the results will show what area his votes come from just as those voting for the other candidates will know where their support is or is not whatever the case may be. Let the cards fall and read them wherever they land without trying to stack the deck.

The union leaders were elected to represent us, the dues paying union members and not McNesby. It appears some of them have forgotten that sworn duty and promise and are bending to pressure. If so that is not a sign of leadership and they should resign.

03-09-2008, 03:10 PM
The results of that poll reflect what the real working people of the Sheriffs Office think and who they favor to be the next Sheriff. It was the most accurate and creditable poll ever ran at the Sheriffs office as it was mailed only to employees who are members of the union and the ballot was sent to their home addresses. Each ballot was made with a watermark so that duplicates could not be reproduced to skew the vote. The results prove the union members prefer Scapecchi over McNesby for another four years.

Isn't it true that less than 40 members out of over 600 returned their ballots? If so, it's hardly an accurate and credible poll.

03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
What are you gonna do if Mcnesby wins? Just hypothetical, but what would your next move be? I know the sheriff has very little support on this web site but his poitical team appears to be on the ball. He has a truck load of money for his campaign and now his signs are poping up like mad. This website does not inform the masses, it appears to be thrown back and forth by some pissed off employee's and maybe 2 Morgan supporters. When are the other canidates gonna do something, and how much can they do with pennies on the dollar? Looks like some of us are gonna be eating a big shat sandwich.

03-09-2008, 05:05 PM

Isn't it true that less than 40 members out of over 600 returned their ballots? If so, it's hardly an accurate and credible poll.

The vote was as creditable and accurate as any other that has a low turn out. The recent vote by the registered voters in the city about the maritime park had a turn out of less than 30% of the registered voters. That election was not considered invalid because of the low turnout. There have been local elections with turn outs in the areas of 30 & 40% of the voters. Those were considered valid and creditable elections. In elections, the rules are and always have been those who vote speak for those who don’t.

If you’re suggesting that if there had been a 100% turn out of all union members, there would have been a bigger percentage of the vote for McNesby you’re living in a fantasy world. He received 21% and regardless how many would have voted he would have received 21% OR LESS! You can be sure the word was spread to all his cronies to be sure to vote for him and they did, all 21%.of them. Since all his real cronies who are union members out of the total probably did vote, if 100% of the total had turned out, his final percentages would have been much smaller than 21%. He should be glad that there was not a 100% turn out. He would have been even more embarrassed than over the pathetic 21% that he did get.

His percentages will be sure to increase if the union leaders give in to his encouraging them to send out the same ballot to all employees because then those who have the most to lose if he is defeated as well as those who hope to gain by him staying office will be sure to vote. That will not be a valid vote because it will not reflect the true picture of how the majority of the members of the union feel about who should be the next sheriff. A union vote should only be done by union members! We already know how his cronies feel and who they want to be the next Sheriff. It doesn’t take a vote to know that.

If the union leaders send out a ballot to non union members on this issue, they might as well say they are going to include all non union members in all negotiations for work contracts during all future collective bargaining processes and invite them to all closed door union meetings. When they do that they cease from being a union and become an employee’s social club like the FOP and an employers cheerleading gang. The State PBA organization should step in and pull the charter of this PBA chapter if the elected officers let this sham and farce happen.

03-09-2008, 06:09 PM
What are you gonna do if Mcnesby wins? Just hypothetical, but what would your next move be? I know the sheriff has very little support on this web site but his poitical team appears to be on the ball. He has a truck load of money for his campaign and now his signs are poping up like mad. This website does not inform the masses, it appears to be thrown back and forth by some pissed off employee's and maybe 2 Morgan supporters. When are the other canidates gonna do something, and how much can they do with pennies on the dollar? Looks like some of us are gonna be eating a big shat sandwich.

His so called political team is the same cronies that are spreading scare tactics and frightening the union leaders if they don’t get in quick step with McNesby they will be sorry if he is re-elected.

Just Wondering, you have posted previously and have suggested that we be timid and afraid to be public with our union support for anyone except McNesby. What I’m wondering is what are you true motives and why are you continually suggesting that we should be concerned about what will happen if McNesby is re-elected. If this site doesn’t inform the masses why has this one thread been seen by going on 3,000 hits since it started two weeks ago? The pro McNesby supporters hope it’s not seen but someone is looking at it.

You are also impressed with the signs that McNesy has put out. It’s been proven that the main value of political signs is name recognition and McNesby is the last person in the race to need name recognition. They are feel good things for his supporters to make them feel like they are doing something. Very few property owners are going to refuse an incumbent Sheriff or one of his deputies’ requests to stick a sign up. What should impress you is the guts that it takes for someone to allow one of the other candidates erect a sign. That shows true support.

It has been said by one of the union leaders that the employees won’t have to worry about repercussions if any of other candidates do happen to get elected so the employees should go ahead and give the impression of public support for McNesby. Then if he does win he won’t seek revenge on them and if any of the others win they’ll still be safe. If the union leadership is in fear of repercussions if they exercise their proper role of representing the true feeling of the union members, they should resign! When they accepted the position of union leadership they inferred that they had the courage to stand up to adversarial reaction from the administration and to renege from that promise shows their true grit. Any who were promoted after they were elected, and then felt that they could no longer fight for what was right for the membership should have stepped down at that time.

The membership has spoken 73% of them who voted spoke and another vote that will be rigged to be a charade is not needed. McNesby wants and lusts after the endorsement of the PBA at all costs because he knows he’s in trouble and he wants to try to use us to convince the public that the majority of the employees support him, think he’s done a good job and wants him around for another 4 years. That’s not true and except for his cronies; we all know it’s not true. If he wants another vote, give him one, but only from the union membership. Let him take his own vote from non union members then he can adjust the figures as he sees fit.

If the union leaders give in to the pressure that is being applied to them, in my own good time, I’ll be canceling my PBA membership and join the party of everyone looking out for them selves and I suspect many others will take the same action. McNesby will have won then in his goal to bust the union so he can have total and absolute control without having to bargain about anything. Then if you think he’s been a tyrant the last 8 years, you aint seen nutin yet.

03-09-2008, 07:29 PM
40 votes out of 600 members is not even 10% of the PBA membership. In fact it's not even 7%. What it really shows is that the majority, or the other 63% of the membership could care less.

03-09-2008, 08:24 PM
If the union leaders send out a ballot to non union members on this issue, they might as well say they are going to include all non union members in all negotiations for work contracts during all future collective bargaining processes and invite them to all closed door union meetings. When they do that they cease from being a union and become an employee’s social club like the FOP and an employers cheerleading gang. The State PBA organization should step in and pull the charter of this PBA chapter if the elected officers let this sham and farce happen.

I'm not sure who you are but you sure have a lot of time on your hands to do all these posts today. First of all you are not correct in your facts. If you would have attended any of the PBA meetings in the past year you would know this. First, there were no watermarks on the last ballot. Second, I would have a hard time calling the last ballot representative due to the fact that many many members didn't get a ballot. Thirdly, the upcoming ballot (which may or may not happen) was specifically stated that they will be marked member or non-member so we would have a clear picture of how our members would vote compared to non members.

You speak with disdain for the PBA. Feel free to run for office. There are board openings available, possibly mine. You speak anonymously on this board without signing your name so I doubt you are standing up for anyone.

I am the one who pushed for the ballots to all members so that we as a PBA board could represent who our membership wanted. I felt this hadn't happened in the past and was willing to go out on a limb to represent the membership and support whoever they wanted (although Morgan would've been a tough pill to swallow) regardless of my own views. When the first ballot was mailed with the newsletter there were a lot of people who said they didn't get them but even if half of 500-600 got lost we still got less than a 20% return rate. If that's all the interest that there is it speaks volumes.

We then went one step further and were going to spoon feed the membership. We were going to send first class mail ballots with self addressed return envelopes trying to get a bigger response to each employee with the ballots marked member or non-member. I made the motion for this last meeting and it passed unanimously.

Well in the past 3 weeks (this past one in particular) I was given a large dose of reality. The same people that had come to me complaining about all the things going on at the ECSO, promotions, raises, contract issues etc. who said they were going to oppose the Sheriff on the ballot were out building and hanging signs. Many of our members and some of our own board and executive board members were included. Let me preface this by saying I fully support your right to support whoever you please. As board members though, I thought we would remain neutral until the ballot and screening boards took place. The people who were hanging signs that I talked to didn't really support the Sheriff, but had reasons like "I'm just looking out for my family", "I've got to play the game", and "I'm paying the Sheriff back for my promotion."

It is 2004 all over again and it will be manifest in the Ballot and your posting emphasizes it even more. People will be checking Scapecchi on the Ballot wanting us to fight for him while behind the scenes putting up signs and supporting the Sheriff. They want a select few (last time it was Rupert, Kunert, and Bailey) to fight the fight while they hedge their bets by openly showing support for the Sheriff. While the ballot may come back in support of Scapecchi how many of those people are willing to hang signs, give money, or knock on doors for him? It is now my opinion that a ballot means nothing because there is no support behind it. Maybe if there was a ballot that people had to sign, or donate money along with the ballot we could get an accurate read on what the membership wants, but we have too many members who say one thing but will do another.

You can say you're afraid of retribution, but I challenge you to show me somone who was punished for supporting Willis or Powell. Most of them have since been promoted or moved to jobs they wanted. I have seen that our union is too weak to influence people who to vote for when compaired to their own personal motives.

We will be having a Board of Directors Only meeting in the next two weeks. At that time I will be making a motion to stop the ballot from happening because of my above stated reasons. I'll be here to fight for your contract and officers bill of rights, but count me out when it comes to PBA politics after these past weeks. If that's not good enough for you, contact your PBA rep to have me removed. Sorry... you can't do it anonymously.

Eric Haines

03-09-2008, 08:37 PM
40 votes out of 600 members is not even 10% of the PBA membership. In fact it's not even 7%. What it really shows is that the majority, or the other 63% of the membership could care less.

Typical of a puppet towing the party line. You are assuming that there are 400 union members and are assuming that only 40 of them voted because a previous post wrote they had “heard” that less than 40 voted. The PBA has not released the number of their membership nor was the number who voted released. You can assume all you want; maybe others want to assume there are 800 members and 675 voted.

You who have an obvious pro McNesby agenda can always be counted on to skew the numbers to try to make your hero look better. But just for fun let’s play your game: 40 voted: McNesby gets 21%, Scapecchin 73% and Morgan and Lucas 3% each.

That computes to
29.2 votes for Scapecchi
8.4 votes for McNesby
1.2 votes for Lucas
1.2 votes for Mogann

Since you cant get a fraction of a vote we’ll give all the fractions to McNesby giving him 9 votes to Scpecchi’s 29 votes or a better than 3 to 1 margin for Scapecchi. over McNesby.

And so it goes in any election when so many don’t care as you so astutely point out. However dear heart, it’s not the ones who don’t care during an election whose votes count, it’s the votes of those who do care and who do vote and from the looks of it over three times as many care for Scapecchi than those that care for McNesby. That’s why you and his other supporters are so concerned and are doing all you can to down play what the vote reflects. You can’t argue with your own numbers whether if be 400 who voted or 40. Scapecchi still has three times as many supporters in the Sheriff’s Office than McNesby.

When the election was announced in advance and the ballots mailed out there was a lot of effort by pro McNesby supporters to encourage all those in the union who support McNesby to be sure to send in their ballots. The results show what his total support is and it won’t change much if there is another vote and only union members are allowed to vote.

Haines is right on all counts and confirms that too many are playing both sides against the middle.

03-09-2008, 09:07 PM

I believe McNesby got all the votes he was going to get as the McNuggets all knew to vote for him and they did. Call it a stretch but that means McNesby has very little support from the troops. A no vote is a no more Harry vote.

What about the other 63%? They don't care or they are scared? They care.

I see more of a ground swell of support for Scapecchi than I saw for Lowman in '92. In March of '92, nobody knew who Lowman was outside of the SO. Both of Lowman's victories were by a much larger margin than McNesby has ever posted. Third term curse applies here for sure.

Scapecchi has all the right things going for him: a good man, the right man, the McNesby public backlash is worse now than in 2004 (55%) and anticipated voter turnout will favor a Democrat. This is especially true for Escambia County since a large number of Republicans voted against McNesby in 2004 despite all the money he raised. McNesby can only expect this to be worse since he 1) had a hurricane to bolster his PR in 2004 and still couldn't carry the party line, 2) his image has not had any positives, only negatives, during the last term and 3) there is a tax watch report that certainly can't have anything good to say about his management of the taxpayer's money. I won't even go into the inevitable detailed analysis of his 8 year track record (spending, crime rates and response times) that is sure to come. We all know how many we have on each shift now and what we had before McNesby. Do the math. People see less deputies on the street and we hold calls forever.

Money can't buy time. McNesby's time is up.

03-09-2008, 09:57 PM
A 20-30% turnout is one thing when voters have to drive to the polls. All that anyone had to do on this poll is make a check mark and mail it back in. If only 40 or even 100 mailed it back in, that's a shame.

03-10-2008, 12:21 AM
A 20-30% turnout is one thing when voters have to drive to the polls. All that anyone had to do on this poll is make a check mark and mail it back in. If only 40 or even 100 mailed it back in, that's a shame.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

You are confusing a legitimate election guaranteed by the constitution of the United States with a PBA straw poll in which some people may have been, given rumors of marked ballots in the past, etc., hesitiant to participate. There is no shame here.

Because of your lack of consideration of the facts, you assume that people don't care. I find it hard to fathom that such a great number of persons do not care about the agency they work for and the person running that agency -- especially with the Sheriff's apparant lack of concern for the equitable pay of said persons.

Make no mistake, the non votes, or the majority thereof, are votes for anyone but McNesby.

However, none of this diminishes the PBA vote. The simple fact is McNesby was soundly defeated by Larry Scapecchi.

03-10-2008, 12:38 AM
So we have board members playing both sides? ok who are they?
I bet if they read this they will be shaking in their boots. Omg King Mac will know I have been playing both sides. Hey MOD is it against the rules to post names?

03-10-2008, 01:00 AM
What it amounts to is lack of participation in the membership, the same lack of participation/attendance at the meetings, and the same lack of participation if and when the PBA makes an endorsement.

03-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Still, none of this diminishes the fact that the PBA had a vote. The simple fact is McNesby was soundly defeated by Larry Scapecchi.

03-10-2008, 03:21 AM
For the benefit of the person who has posted several times that Scapecchi is not addressing the issues and is hiding:

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=1154

MOD 353
03-10-2008, 03:55 AM
It is not against the rules to mention names as long as the posts are backed by fact. As MODs we are given a lot of leeway in what we allow to stay. If you are not a registered user then your posts are not protected at all. Some people don't like this as they want to stir up trouble and not have a name associated with the post.

As long as the post is not derrogatory towards an officer I don't mind a name being posted. Just keep in mind one thing; would you want your name on the internet? Please post accordingly.

03-10-2008, 04:05 AM
I worked with Larry on two different occasions. Why I did not always see eye to eye, I respected him. I have never respected Sheriff McNesby, Lt. McNesby, Sgt. McNesby or Deputy McNesby. If that puzzles you then you have not been around for long. I think that the Sheriff and those he surrounds himself with are not good people. I don't trust them. Do we need a change, yes. Will I stand on a soapbox and demand it, no. Why? I am trying to survive and I believe that McNesby's last four, if he gets them, will be out of control. You think he has a little fifedom now? People say they don't hold grudges but I have known McNesby for over 18 years. Call me a coward or whatever you want. Had I not had a few beers I would not be saying this but it does feel good to get it off my chest. I sure hope the entries above are true about Larry's chances. They make sense and I pray they are correct. As McNesby said when he first ran, it is time for a change. Well Sheriff, it is time for a change.

03-10-2008, 05:55 AM
1. There were 23 deputies who responded to the poll. (not 800) It's too late for the PBA to organize a poll that anybody will trust after misleading the membership and the press. I'm not suggesting that the results would be sustantially different but the percentages were likely way off.

2. The deputies will not decide the race. The voters at large will. Lowman was favored by the Deputies and yet McNesby beat him because the public was tired of Lowman. McNesby not being favored by the Deputies does not guarantee his defeat either.

3. It's good to see that Larry spoke up North about patrols and cutting out the helicopter. Someone should tell him there are 4 helicopters. 3 flying and one for parts. And one kept by the ECSO might be a good idea. Why share? So at this rate can we expect him to speak up north one more time before the primary?

4. You want to be sure that McNesby is out of here? Then vote Scapecchi not Lucas, Morgan not McNesby. If McNesby beats Morgan he'll roll over Scapecchi. If you really want McNesby gone then get him out of there at your first and best opportunity. August 26th.

03-10-2008, 06:15 AM
For the benefit of the person who has posted several times that Scapecchi is not addressing the issues and is hiding:

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=1154

Perhaps he should have stayed in hiding because some of his statements at that meeting were as ill informed as Morgan's.

Example:

The sheriff’s department helicopter needs to go, he told the Ruritan Club. “It is wasted money,” he said. “The response time for the helicopter can be as much as 25 to 40 minutes. By the time they get there, the incident is over.”

BS and whoever is told him that is a buffoon. Certainly can't be anyone actually doing police work because the air unit is invaluable particularly at night. Compare their response time to ground units.
If the air unit is 10-8 they are usually on scene faster than most responding ground units.

However, he added that perhaps a single helicopter for use by all county departments, not just the sheriff’s department, would split the cost to the point it would be feasible.

Anyone who thinks sharing a police helicopter with every dept from Parks and Recreation to ECAT is a good idea has to be smoking crack. This would improve the helicopter's services and response time how?

We need a good, strong sheriff,” Scapecchi said

Thanks Captain Obvious; do we need clean air and fresh water too?

What we need is competent leadership and there isn't one challenger in this race who meets this need and could do better.

It simply comes down to this,
Lucas is unknown and unelectable.

Morgan is better known but he is ill informed and goofy which = unelectable.

Scapecchi is also better known, just as ill informed and the only difference between he and Morgan is Scapecchi retired from the SO. This still = unelectable.

Morgan has dumb asses from outside the dept giving him bad 14 while Scapecchi has dumb asses from inside giving him bad 14. Which is worse? Advantage goes to Morgan in this circumstance.

Morgan has the Boyds and Craigs as supporters and advisors.
Scapecchi has the remnant dregs of the former Willis campaign as his champions. The smarter of Willis' former supporters are building Mcnesby signs.

Mcnesby is just more of the same. The public sees bad guys going to jail and every time they call 911 a cruiser shows up. In this county this = electable.

And they haven't even debated each other in public yet.

Mcnesby will win and deep in our hearts we all know it. Morgan and Scapecchi know it too every time they tally campaign contributions. The PBA knows it, hence their hesitance to get involved, because most folks don't gamble their hard earned dollars on sure losers. November 4th is a million miles away for some yet just around the corner for others.

The choice is up to each of us if we chose to be a part of Mcnesby's venerable team or Scapecchi's feeble scheme. Will you be standing proudly with the sheriff in March or slithering in on election night?

03-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Friends, read what the previous post is saying. "Don't fight McNesby because you can't beat him." They want you to lay down and take it for 4 more years. Are you kidding me?

The lapdog is just trying to scare you back in line so you don't oppose his master. Let's get some facts straight:

Helicopters:
Sure, we all want helicopters in the air. However, we need equitable pay and more troops on the street before we have a helicopter in the air. We have less troops on the street than 7 years ago. Ground backup would be faster if there were more of them. Anyone would rather have timely ground units back them up first, then a helicopter would be nice icing on the cake.

Helicopter Response Time:
I agree they have respond faster than ground units. However, that is when they are in the air and 10-8 when you need them and you are the highest priority. That is not always the case. Is that reliable backup? So what is their real average response time? And my point above on what would you rather have if you could have 1 backup -- a ground unit for sure.

The public sees bad guys going to jail and every time they call 911 a cruiser shows up. In this county this = electable. Are you kidding me? There are more complaints about why we did not show up and what took you so long than ever before. There are less cops on the street. That is a fact. Less cops, less response, less service, more crime. Don't even think about crime prevention tactics when you can't even respond to crime that has already occurred.

McNesby will go the way of Lowman. In fact, he is in a worse position than Lowman was in 1999. The public is tired of McNesby and will oust him. With all his money he only got 55% of the vote in 2004. That is not even the Republican party line. They dislike him much more than that now. Look at the negative press he has received. And that is not over. The democrats are turning out in record numbers to vote (well over the republican turn out) and so McNesby's days are numbered.

Sure, protect yourself from McNesby's McNuggets, that is wise. As you can see by the rhetoric of the previous poster, they can be nuttier than, well, Morgan supporters sometimes. But don't kid yourself for a minute and think McNesby's can buy his way back into office. That is not going to happen.

The real issue here is: who are you going to want in his place? I say Larry Scapecchi!

LARRY NOT HARRY

03-10-2008, 01:03 PM
There is nothing proud about standing with a failed excuse for a leader. Call 911 anywhere in the US and a cruiser comes. That doesn't guarantee a win. The fact that the challengers are not as well known is not a negative in this election. We know McNesby by his deeds and so do the voters thanks to the informative campaign videos of David Morgan. Knowing him is not loving him. Venerable? I think not. Respect has to be earned. He has lost the respect of all that know him. In our "hearts?" LOL so we are getting touchy feely about McCriminal now? In our "minds" we know he is finished. Try again Rex. :evil:

03-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I figured it was a lapdog too.

03-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Friends, read what the previous lapdog post is saying. "Don't fight McNesby because you can't beat him." They want you to lay down and take it for 4 more years. Are you kidding me?

The lapdog is just trying to scare you back in line so you don't oppose his master. Let's get some facts straight:

Helicopters:
Sure, we all want helicopters in the air. However, we need equitable pay and more troops on the street before we have a helicopter in the air. We have less troops on the street than 7 years ago. Ground backup would be faster if there were more of them. Anyone would rather have timely ground units back them up first, then a helicopter would be nice icing on the cake.

Helicopter Response Time:
I agree they have respond faster than ground units. However, that is when they are in the air and 10-8 when you need them and you are the highest priority. That is not always the case. Is that reliable backup? So what is their real average response time? And my point above on what would you rather have if you could have 1 backup -- a ground unit for sure.

Quote:

The public sees bad guys going to jail and every time they call 911 a cruiser shows up. In this county this = electable.
Are you kidding me? There are more complaints about why we did not show up and what took you so long than ever before. There are less cops on the street. That is a fact. Less cops, less response, less service, more crime. Don't even think about crime prevention tactics when you can't even respond to crime that has already occurred.

McNesby will go the way of Lowman. In fact, he is in a worse position than Lowman was in 1999. The public is tired of McNesby and will oust him. With all his money he only got 55% of the vote in 2004. That is not even the Republican party line. They dislike him much more than that now. Look at the negative press he has received. And that is not over. The democrats are turning out in record numbers to vote (well over the republican turn out) and so McNesby's days are numbered.

Sure, protect yourself from McNesby's McNuggets, that is wise. As you can see by the rhetoric of the previous poster, they can be nuttier than, well, Morgan supporters sometimes. But don't kid yourself for a minute and think McNesby's can buy his way back into office. That is not going to happen.

The real issue here is: who are you going to want in his place? I say Larry Scapecchi!

LARRY NOT HARRY

03-10-2008, 01:21 PM
< < LARRY NOT HARRY > >

03-10-2008, 10:08 PM
When Morgan beats Harry (since Larry isn't running against him) you'll have to come up with a new slogan.

03-10-2008, 10:42 PM
< < LARRY NOT THELBERT > >

03-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Scapecchi and Morgan are both similarly qualified with very minor differences.

In fact, if they were candy bars, the only difference is the Morgan bar would come with nuts. Lots of nuts. :lol:

But we'll save that fight for later.

ABM for now.

ps: I do believe Harry will get spanked (maybe not beat) but spanked in the primary and get a taste of what is to come. Kind of like Lowman got a surprise when Brooks did so well against him in the primary. A tale of things to come...

03-11-2008, 12:31 AM
EDUCATION:

Scapecchi: More than 2 years of college

Morgan: Masters degree in Business Administration

BUSINESS ACUMEN:

Scapecchi: Some experience with small business budgeting

Morgan: Years of procurement experience with multi million dollars military budgets

ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE:

Scapecchi: Limited public speaking engagements

Morgan: A known communicator with extensive public speaking resume

WILLINGNESS TO EXPOSE CORRUPTION:

Scapecchi: Wants integrity and referred to McNesby's "kingdom." Gives McNesby the kid gloves treatment.

Morgan: Continues to expose the incumbent's criminal charges and various other corrupt behaviors and actions in detail. Has attacked the sheriff head on by exposing his terrible record.

DEPUTY ISSUES:

Scapecchi: Wants to have more people on the street.

Morgan: Want's more people on the street. Will raise all starting deputies pay to 35K. Invites the return of Civil Service protections. Guarantees restoration of Deputy rights.

Similarly Qualified? Don't think so. Morgan will beat McNesby and then he will beat Scapecchi. The Deputies may be afraid of an "outsider" and his supporters but they are also afraid of McNesby. Too afraid to speak up or speak out against the administration. That's the biggest difference between Morgan and the other candidates. He ain't afraid of Ronniemac. David Morgan will respect the citizens and the deputies. You will decide in your own time to respect Sheriff Morgan. The majority of voters at large already do.

03-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Morgan has years of working with multi million dollar military budgets? Yeah right! Anyone that has been in the military knows that the military tells you how to spend the majority of your budget. Sure Morgan got to spend cash on pens and note pads etc but the government told him where and how to spend the rest.

Take that one to the bank!

03-11-2008, 01:40 AM
If Morgan is so good, why is he surrounded by nuts like you?

03-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Beat McNesby then come talk. Things will be different then.

Right now, Scapecchi has the best chance.

ABM/ABH

03-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Exposing people on RNN is really nothing of anything. Get on WearTV3 or get a cover story in the PNJ.

Let's see the press quit treating Harry with kid gloves and simply tell the truth about his past indictment and hunting arrest.

Get them to do that then tell me about Thelbert exposing Harry.

03-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Morgan: Want's more people on the street. Will raise all starting deputies pay to 35K. Invites the return of Civil Service protections. Guarantees restoration of Deputy rights.
[quote:2impw340]

Screw starting pay, that means nothing to the vets.[/quote:2impw340]

03-11-2008, 04:29 AM
We need change. To get change, we need a good person to take the job that will not try and enrich themselves on the job. RonnieMac has had his 8 and failed. He took the job for himself and his cronies. He has shat on the deputy.

Why? Because he does not care.

Change can come but it will be slow. First, get the department organized correctly (aka fire the admin pukes who seem to do nothing of value and some of them actually hinder operations) and then start addressing the pay at all levels. Work with the PBA as a team with a common goal. Quit trying to screw the deputies out of pay while you line your pockets.

Is there anyone that can do this? My bet is Larry because he is the only one I know in the race we can trust.

You knew you could not trust McNesby when he first ran. We wanted change so bad we took anything. Look at his career. Did he ever actually do anything that was not self serving. Well, we got it and it stinks.

We need someone that you can at least go to who won't lie to your face.

DDG
03-11-2008, 02:53 PM
How can Morgan make a statement that he is going to raise starting pay to 35K... what about compression that comes with that??... and where is the money going to come from??? some like some more "yes we can" empty words... prove it!

03-11-2008, 05:50 PM
All I hear is support this candidate or that candidate well I support Larry Scapecchi. I have been helping him, out placing signs, getting petitions sign, helping in general, but it’s always the same guys helping. If you want change I’m asking you to overcome your fears and come out to help.

It is time to stand firm and send a clear message to the sheriff; we must let him know that his time is up, that we will not tolerate another 4 years of incompetent leadership.
There are times when a man or a woman has to stand for what is right, that time is now.

I will vote for and help Larry Scapecchi win this election.

P.S. Yes I’m posting anonymously like everybody else, I you want to know who I am please contact L.S. and ask when the next meeting is. I will be there and I hope to see more of you soon.

DDG
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
when and where is the next meeting???... i`d like to attend

03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Call him and I'm sure he will tell you...554-0593.

03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
The next event for Larry Scapecchi will be held Saturday, March 22nd at the PBYC (Pensacola Beach Yacht Club) from 11AM- 4PM. Crawfish boil.

03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Copy and paste... It is that easy to get to know him.

03-11-2008, 09:51 PM

03-11-2008, 09:57 PM
< < LARRY NOT HARRY > >

When Morgan beats Harry (since Larry isn't running against him) you'll have to come up with a new slogan.

< < LARRY NOT THELBERT > >

Larry the Cable Guy writes:
I don't care who you are, that's funny right thar.

:wink:

03-12-2008, 06:54 PM
That is funny.

03-13-2008, 01:28 AM
another vote for Scapecchi from this deputy and his family....

03-13-2008, 05:39 AM
Granny Cantrell's across from PCC at 9AM on Saturday 3/22. Here's the new Morgan video. http://70.184.45.173:8080/ramgen/realit ... show-14.rm (http://70.184.45.173:8080/ramgen/reality/morgan-show-14.rm)

03-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Great )))))))))))))
WBR,
Alex

03-13-2008, 11:14 AM
The next event for Larry Scapecchi will be held Saturday, March 22nd at the PBYC (Pensacola Beach Yacht Club) from 11AM- 4PM. Crawfish boil.

03-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Does anyone watch RNN? I don't even know what channel it's on.

03-13-2008, 02:27 PM
From the Independent Weekly:

“It’s still an uphill battle to defeat Teflon Ron.”

That hill is not that steep when you look at it in the right perspective.

McNesby got 55% of the vote in 2004 against a Democrat (Powell) in an election right after a hurricane where McNesby manage to push his way in front of a camera on a regular basis. However, 55% is well below the party line that Bush carried. So the republicans crossed the line to vote against McNesby. That was 4 years ago. I imagine many more will cross this time due to his latest escapades.

Since 2004, McNesby has done nothing positive for his image. His out of state hunting charge was adjudicated guilty by plea, the earlier hunting charge he had here in Florida has come to light as well as his Grand Jury indictment for falsifying a police report way back in the day. Those were the times he got caught.

Throw in that with the fact that the population has frozen and his response times to high priority calls have risen almost as fast as his administrative budget and you have positive indications that he is doing a terrrible job. Also, department moral is the lowest I have ever seen it.

Now, talk budget. McNesby’s handling of the tax payer’s money is about to come out in a report this month. How will that go?

Now throw in the fact that the democratic turn outs have been incredibly high in the primaries and you have a recipe for a McNesby trouncing.

I would say McNesby is in for the fight of his life.

03-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Nobody watches RNN but David Craig (in the monitors).

03-13-2008, 02:29 PM

03-13-2008, 02:32 PM

03-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Is this a ticketed affair or are walk in's welcome?

03-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Anyone know?

03-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Walk in's will be welcomed.

03-14-2008, 01:07 PM
The time is now for a Sheriff who has a history of honor, integrity and fairness. The time is now for Larry Scapecchi.

The next event for Larry Scapecchi is a Crawfish boil on Saturday, March 22nd at the PBYC (Pensacola Beach Yacht Club) from 11AM to 4PM.

All are welcome.

03-14-2008, 02:10 PM
The time is now for a Sheriff who has a history of honor, integrity and fairness. The time is now for Larry Scapecchi.

The next event for Larry Scapecchi is a Crawfish boil on Saturday, March 22nd at the PBYC (Pensacola Beach Yacht Club) from 11AM to 4PM.

All are welcome.

Please bring money because we are broke.

03-14-2008, 06:12 PM

All are welcome.

Please bring money because we are broke.

Yes, unfortunately we did not get campaign money from special interest groups or people that are afraid of us.

03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
If you can donate, please do so. If you can't, don't worry.

You can't buy a vote.

Keep putting up more signs lapdogs, the citizens like being reminded of strippers, trailers, illegal hunting and other good ol' boy politics.

Larry Not Harry!

03-14-2008, 06:14 PM
dont forget about the tax watch report coming out. i expect the citizens will have one more reason to vote out harry and the lapdogs.

03-14-2008, 07:14 PM
PLEASE PRINT LARGER. I CAN'T QUITE READ YOUR POSTS. ACTUALLY THE HUGE FONT IS A BIT OBNOXIOUS WOULD YOU KINDLY GIVE IT A REST? :evil:

03-14-2008, 09:40 PM
I agree.

No need to shout.

I'm voting for Larry, but if you keep shouting, I may not be able to go to the polls because of my hearing loss.

03-15-2008, 08:30 AM
My bad. Sorry.

03-15-2008, 08:32 AM

All are welcome.

03-15-2008, 10:50 PM
LARRY NOT HARRY

what if his last name were coconuts?

03-15-2008, 10:51 PM
harry coconuts

03-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Who actually from the ecso will have the coconuts to go to the Larry Scappechi crawfish boil?

Don't say your name but sound off if you are...

03-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I got a pair and will be there.

03-16-2008, 03:39 AM
I got a pair and will be there.

Good but will you stuff your piehole with crawfish and then "forget" to write a check like last time? Yeah we know "times are tough" just like they are for all of us, Mother F'er. Help Larry out or suffer another four with those *******s.
Yall can have it.

03-16-2008, 03:40 AM
watch for someone lurking about in the sand-dunes taking pictuures :twisted:

03-16-2008, 06:28 AM
The citizens are donating to Morgan month after month. With all due respect to Larry or anyone that is running against Harry. The citizens are going to make the decision. Maybe if Larry would make his case to local business owners or residents he'd get more donations. They don't seem to be quite as afraid as the deputies to contribute. I'm voting for Morgan. You ought to join him for breakfast on the 22nd at Granny Cantrell's at 9:30 AM and then go see Larry if you like. It wouldn't hurt any of you to actually meet and listen to the candidates whether you contribute or not. 4 more years with Harry is unlikely. Morgan will knock him out in the primary then you can decide for yourselves in the general election.

03-16-2008, 07:38 PM
The citizens are donating to Morgan month after month. With all due respect to Larry or anyone that is running against Harry. The citizens are going to make the decision. Maybe if Larry would make his case to local business owners or residents he'd get more donations. They don't seem to be quite as afraid as the deputies to contribute. I'm voting for Morgan. You ought to join him for breakfast on the 22nd at Granny Cantrell's at 9:30 AM and then go see Larry if you like. It wouldn't hurt any of you to actually meet and listen to the candidates whether you contribute or not. 4 more years with Harry is unlikely. Morgan will knock him out in the primary then you can decide for yourselves in the general election.

Will the WHACK-O nut jobs that he has surrounded himself with be there?

03-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Good but will you stuff your piehole with crawfish and then "forget" to write a check like last time? Yeah we know "times are tough" just like they are for all of us, Mother F'er. Help Larry out or suffer another four with those *******s.
Yall can have it.

Hey SmackWhack boy, you don't even know me. First I don't like crawfish but I am going anyway, second I have ponied up publically, and thirdly, we are on the same side.

I got a pair and sounded off about em' too!

Turn some of that aggression towards something positive like talking smack to the McNuggets.

03-16-2008, 07:44 PM

I agree with this... the Morgan poster is most likely the same anti-cop bashing whacko that has been posting all over this place.

Larry Not Harry
Larry Not Thelbert

03-16-2008, 08:33 PM
I want the candidate who, if elected, won't retaliate on employees for supporting someone else.

That leaves just one.

03-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Larry Scappechi.

03-17-2008, 12:24 AM
There are several employees who have publicly supported other candidates. Name one who has been retaliated against by the current sheriff.

03-17-2008, 01:35 AM
I will agree with that. There were several Lowman supporters and then Willis or Powell supporters that have since been promoted.

The bottom line is support who you want. However, when it is all said and done, do your job and support your agency, no matter who is the Sheriff.

There are good things and bad things that come with all administrations.

03-17-2008, 02:25 AM
I will be eating crawfish saturday....bring my checkbook....

03-17-2008, 02:46 AM
There are several employees who have publicly supported other candidates. Name one who has been retaliated against by the current sheriff.

Mike Kunert

03-17-2008, 03:57 AM

Crazy is as crazy does. Morgan's moves so far have seemed pretty solid. His campaign is drawing massive and growing widespread support. Why not come and see why that is for yourself.

03-17-2008, 06:09 AM
Morgan has got the best resume for the job. He's got my vote. The civilians like him. Get used to it. Some cops are concerned because he's not an ECSO insider. What good has the "insider" you've got as sheriff done for you?

03-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Paul Sweany. Then gave his job to a lap dog.

03-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I can't find any posts knocking Morgan here.

There are posts questioning how he is goign to get 35k that have gone unanswered.

Also, people are concerned with what they perceive to be a group of nuts surrounding Morgan.

Address those issues.

03-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Also, the majority of people I talk to are not questioning the fact that the current Sheriff needs to be replaced. I personally think Morgan is a much better man than McNesby and well qualified to be Sheriff.

The concern is over the people that are his key supporters.

03-17-2008, 12:43 PM

There are posts questioning how he is goign to get 35k that have gone unanswered.

Also, people are concerned with what they perceive to be a group of nuts surrounding Morgan.

Address those issues.

His supporters aren't running for sheriff. What about Larry's nuts? And Harry's nuts? Address that.

03-17-2008, 12:45 PM

He's going to get it by getting rid of unneeded top management jobs. That will free up a ton of money. There are millions wasted in admin alone.

03-17-2008, 12:53 PM
His supporters aren't running for sheriff. What about Larry's nuts? And Harry's nuts? Address that.

Before I get started, let's call them Whack-O's, it just sounds better.

Also, for the record, I am not with any campaign and am speaking as an outsider to the political insiders. I am not an outsider in terms of the ECSO.

Harry's staff, in my opinion, is poorly equiped to administer the officer of Sheriff. I would not call them Whack-O's. They are normal people who are just not good at running the SO.

Larry does not have Whack-O's around him as they are all in with Morgan. You know who they are. You are obviously with his campaign. You may be one of them.

What is the problem with these whack-o's? If Morgan becomes Sheriff, they will want influence and positions in the administration. That is what is wrong. So yes, they are running for office with him.

Larry S has the best appeal to the officers. Morgan is the most qualified in terms of education, but Larry is a known quantity and has the experience to run the Sheriff's Office. He can hire reputable finance, technology, etc., type people. But a man of honor, integrity and truthfullness is what we are looking for. Larry is known for that in the ranks.

I would go to a Morgan meeting but I don't want to listen to the whack jobs that I know will be there.

If you think Larry has them, name one.

03-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Bull. and You know who they are! See how ridiculous this game is?

03-17-2008, 01:06 PM
I would go to a Morgan meeting but I don't want to listen to the whack jobs that I know will be there.

What makes you think that his supporters will speak? What you really mean is that you would go but you are afraid of your own shadow.

03-17-2008, 01:06 PM

What makes you think that his supporters will speak? What you really mean is that you would go but you are afraid of your own shadow.

03-17-2008, 02:45 PM

Thanks. You just admitted that Morgan has crazies for supporters. You should have lawyer'd up.

Also, I did not say I was afraid of the crazies speaking, I said I did not want to be around them.

As for being afraid of my own shadow, are we in middle school or something? You calling me out a recess?

I am afraid of being around the crazies. You are one of them.

ps: Meet me at the Jungle Gym. Come alone and bring your lunch money.

03-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Bull. and You know who they are! See how ridiculous this game is?

Name one.

03-17-2008, 05:46 PM
ONE.

03-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks. You just admitted that Morgan has crazies for supporters. You should have lawyer'd up.

I said his supporters would likely not be speaking because I can't imagine why you would be afraid of them if they don't even talk. One person's whack job is another persons trusted friend.

I am afraid of being around the crazies. You are one of them. So tell us... What exactly are you afraid of about being near "crazies?"

You are absolutely right about Larry's supporters though. None of them are or will ever be whack jobs or crazy. Guaranteed and certified. And if a crazy ever decided to support Larry he'd throw them in the Gulf. You just can't have just anybody deciding to support a candidate. They have to be normal. You know. Just like you.

03-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Listen to yourself. You are proving my point. You just invented the fact that Larry Scapecchi would throw crazy people in the Gulf. Where did that come from? The voices again?

You are certified 25.

Case closed.

03-17-2008, 08:07 PM
He said:

You said:
What makes you think that his supporters will speak?

That is an implicit admission, by you, that Morgan supporters are crazy.

03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
You are not winning Morgan any supporters with your posts. While you are trying to remain calm and sound rational, you are not coming accross that way. You are doing Morgan more damage than good. This is the reason that deputies are not supporting Morgan. Not because of Morgan, but because of people like you. You are a turn off.

03-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Morgan couldn't be sheriff of Mayberry!

03-18-2008, 01:20 AM
while I dont agree with everything morgan says, I do like him and find him to be very well qualified, but that being said, I will not vote for him BECAUSE of the supporting cast. Period. right or wrong, thats how it is.

03-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Larry Scapecchi for Sheriff in 2008.

03-18-2008, 02:55 AM
All you can utter and post over and over who you are going to vote for. As for me I haven’t made up my mind yet. I want to hear more from them and what they will do and not do if elected.

I have made up my mind who I will not vote for.

I will not vote again for McNesby. He has been a total failure and I’m sorry to say I wasted my vote when I voted for him last election.

At that time I didn’t know about his hunting arrest that occurred years ago.

I didn’t about him using his badge and forceful ways to try to force a business owner to not collect a debt from the son of one of his friends.

I didn’t know about him being involved in the sale of some trailers owned by the sheriffs department to some hunting friends at a bargain price.

I didn’t know that he would go out of state and hunt game without a license and then when caught try to claim he didn’t know he was violating the law.

I didn’t know that he has hired a large number of friends into non law enforcement positions and is paying them big big salaries that are way out of touch while telling the deputies and other long time employees that he doesn’t have money to pay them a decent income.

I regret to admit that I did know that he is an egotistical male chauvinist that came to light when he remarked that women didn’t keep up with the news because most of them don’t read the newspaper. When questioned about his slip of the tongue, he laughed it off but I should have taken that slip as a clue and not have voted for him.

I made that mistake four years ago. It won’t happen again, now I’m all ears on who gets my vote to put him out to pasture.

03-18-2008, 10:55 AM
The citizens are donating to Morgan month after month. With all due respect to Larry or anyone that is running against Harry. The citizens are going to make the decision. Maybe if Larry would make his case to local business owners or residents he'd get more donations. They don't seem to be quite as afraid as the deputies to contribute. I'm voting for Morgan. You ought to join him for breakfast on the 22nd at Granny Cantrell's at 9:30 AM and then go see Larry if you like. It wouldn't hurt any of you to actually meet and listen to the candidates whether you contribute or not. 4 more years with Harry is unlikely. Morgan will knock him out in the primary then you can decide for yourselves in the general election.[[/list]Maybe the Sheriffs' campaign fund wouldn't be so fat if he wouldn't send a certain Lt. (JV) out to threaten (while in uniform) and coerce money out of deputies like another Lt. who's girlfriends probational position was threatend. Come on Lt. "C" stop payment on that check and file a formal complaint!

03-18-2008, 12:52 PM
All you can utter and post over and over who you are going to vote for. As for me I haven’t made up my mind yet. I want to hear more from them and what they will do and not do if elected.

I will not vote again for McNesby. He has been a total failure and I’m sorry to say I wasted my vote when I voted for him last election.

I didn’t about him using his badge and forceful ways to try to force a business owner to not collect a debt from the son of one of his friends.

I didn’t know about him being involved in the sale of some trailers owned by the sheriffs department to some hunting friends at a bargain price.

I didn’t know that he would go out of state and hunt game without a license and then when caught try to claim he didn’t know he was violating the law.

I didn’t know that he has hired a large number of friends into non law enforcement positions and is paying them big big salaries that are way out of touch while telling the deputies and other long time employees that he doesn’t have money to pay them a decent income.

I regret to admit that I did know that he is an egotistical male chauvinist that came to light when he remarked that women didn’t keep up with the news because most of them don’t read the newspaper. When questioned about his slip of the tongue, he laughed it off but I should have taken that slip as a clue and not have voted for him.

I made that mistake four years ago. It won’t happen again, now I’m all ears on who gets my vote to put him out to pasture.
For now he's only running against Morgan. Vote for Morgan as a Republican in the primary if you want to see him gone. Period. In the general election you'll have a choice of 2 candidates.

03-18-2008, 02:14 PM

You forgot about the grand jury thing...

03-19-2008, 05:08 PM
and the Ethics thing...

03-21-2008, 02:36 AM
We will see if the press will step and simply tell the truth about all canidates running for Sheriff.

Has the press forgot that they are supposed to INFORM the citizens with news and REMEMBER the first amendment protects them so they do not need to be afraid to print the truth?

How was someone able to become Sheriff with no type of "real hard look" into their background?

PNJ? IN? Any answers?

Things like their background, experience, education, training, wealth, businesses, criminal histories, etc., are pretty darn important.

For example, are the allegations about McNesby's falsifying a police report true? Did he have a previous arrest for illegal hunting before he pled guilty to the charges in Wisconsin? Was his hunting license revoked in Florida for the Wisconsin adjudication of guilty?

Be responsible!

ps: RNN, you are the Jerry Springer of news so you don't count.

03-21-2008, 03:03 AM
...whata bout the time he got locked into the back seat of a cruiser car with an underage girl at the beach!!!! hes the man!!! and wife swapping!!! hahaha how does he do it??? but i like it when he showers me with all that money at my 'sex toy' parties... but then again..you pay for the company and conversations...not for the 'consensusal' act between two grown adults..hehehe my lil man!!! Cum see me sometime Harry, i mi$$ you...

03-21-2008, 03:46 AM
For example, are the allegations about McNesby's falsifying a police report true? http://www.votedavidmorgan.com/contents ... lonies.pdf (http://www.votedavidmorgan.com/contents/documents/1967-felonies.pdf)
The charges are for real but it's a bit hard to say if they are "true" since the grand jury indictment was ignored by Curtis Golden and there never was a trial.

Did he have a previous arrest for illegal hunting before he pled guilty to the charges in Wisconsin?
http://www.votedavidmorgan.com/contents ... unting.pdf (http://www.votedavidmorgan.com/contents/documents/1981-hunting.pdf)

03-21-2008, 10:48 AM
So he actually was booked in the County Jail? Any mugshots? What about the Wis hunting? Rumor has it that his mugshot and prints were done in Escambia and sent up there. Any way to get a copy of the mugshot? That would be worth seing.

03-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Got to give it to Morgan for having the courage to expose this information since the PNJ and WEAR3 both seem to not want to inform the public about this type of information.

Is there any truth to the rumor of "hidden" business dealings / property investments with Tourart and Whitehead?

03-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Rumors are rumors. Let's stick to the facts or we will become like David Craig.

03-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Morgan couldn't be sheriff of Mayberry!

McNesby is no Sheriff Taylor either. They are both Barney Fifes!

03-22-2008, 12:24 AM
larry scapecchi was a great cop with integrity and honor. that from someone who worked with him and from anyone at the sao and any fed agency too. that makes larry scapecchi more qualified than mcnesby or morgan.

03-22-2008, 01:21 AM
a fictional play.
any resemblence to real life people or real life situations is coincidental and unintended.

dingleberry: hey crazykook, we need to get all those deputies to vote against hairycoconuts. our plan is to beat hairycoconuts and then become unstoppable and that is the only way we have a chance against someone as good as supercop. we will rule the world. heh heh heh.

crazykook: ok. i will go to leoaffairs and act real crazy and belittle the deputies and make them look stupid and they will be forced to see how smart you are and how much better trained you are and they will follow us like lemmings. i will attach hairycoconuts and supercop too.

dingleberry: don't forget to tell them about that time i stood guard at the gate when the a/c in the guard shack wasn't working. that was real police work.

crazykook: boss, your brilliant. there is so much you can teach these ignorant and untrained deputies.

dingleberry: yeah, it is my destiny. go to leoaffairs and post. pretend you're different people when you post. you know, a jailer (ack!) a deputy, etc., so it looks like i have many supporters in the agency.

crazykook: i don't have to pretend. all my personalities are certified.

dingleberry: ok, just act naturally.

crazykook: yeah, boss, yeah. crazyrat the lapdog is going to get hammered by me. i'll teach him to try and act nuttier than me. i am the nut around here.

dingleberry: crazyrat! that little squirrel. i dare crazyrat to come see me and say those crazyrat comments to my face.

crazyrat: {with spikey hair sticking up and chipmunk teeth exposed, crazyrat makes inaudible squirrel noises}

dingleberry: you tell hairycoconuts i am coming to get him. it is my turn to be the king.

crazyrat: {makes inaudible squirrel noises again and runs up a tree}

hairycoconuts: blah blah blah and then i blah blah blah and i spend blah blah blah and i lowered crime blah blah blah and i have prepared my life for this blah blah blah and women don't pay attention to blah blah blah and we did some stuff we can't talk about blah blah blah.

bambi: run for your lives!

dingleberry: make my day.

majority of the deputies: save us supercop!

the end

03-22-2008, 02:58 AM
what a tard!

03-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Rumors are rumors. Let's stick to the facts or we will become like David Craig.

Looks to me like Morgan and Craig are posting official government documents. That ain't what I call rumors. In the absence of truth from the newspaper and tv station I'll take RNN anyday. What do you find so hard to accept about the truth? Is that you again Rex?

03-22-2008, 07:05 AM
The veterans at the ESO are tired of the constant attacks on military training standards. I'm going ot Granny Cantrell's this morning and Morgan has my vote. Treating a respectable candidate with hostility shows that you are just more of the same old school McNugget legacy. Morgan hasn't attacked the deputies he holds the sheriff accountable for the problems at the ESO. Of course it's easier to ignore facts. Like it's easy to call court records "rumors." When Morgan beats McNesby and then becomes our new sheriff I bet you brave souls shut your pieholes. Until then be sure to keep showing your asses.

03-22-2008, 08:33 AM
watched the shows - read the documents - listened to the attacks on Morgan. I'm convinced. Morgan has my vote. He's already got the support of the public. You'll see my name and my business on the contributors list this quarter. Ignorant baseless attacks on people fighting for positive change don't bring support to your insider candidate. Larry isn't benefiting from hate speech anymore than McNesby did.

03-22-2008, 01:13 PM
The veterans at the ESO are tired of the constant attacks on military training standards. I'm going ot Granny Cantrell's this morning and Morgan has my vote. Treating a respectable candidate with hostility shows that you are just more of the same old school McNugget legacy. Morgan hasn't attacked the deputies he holds the sheriff accountable for the problems at the ESO. Of course it's easier to ignore facts. Like it's easy to call court records "rumors." When Morgan beats McNesby and then becomes our new sheriff I bet you brave souls shut your pieholes. Until then be sure to keep showing your asses.

I am a vet and I don't see attacts on military training standards. I saw where a Morgan supporter slammed deputy training and said the military training was superior. That is bull. Two separate missions to separate methods of training.

Most of us just want Harry gone. However, he must be smirking with all the division between his opposition.

The only issue with Morgan is his peanut gallery. What bugs me is he has posters on this site that obviously don't work at the ECSO and their posts are very similar leading one to believe it is the same person.

In the case above, it is ECSO, not ESO. You are either a McNugget (which your posts shows your not) or you don't work there. Your post is very similar to the "Jailer" post mentioned above.

03-22-2008, 01:57 PM

03-22-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm going to be there. Lets show Larry that we support him and that we are not affraid to do what's right.
Larry needs your vote but he also needs monetary support to run his campaign. Please come on by and show your support.

03-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Vote for Larry, Not for Harry

03-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Until the Primary is over the only opponent of Harry is David and Larry is running against Lucas. If Morgan is so easy to beat then why attack him while ignoring the incumbent? If you think you can beat McNesby should he prevail in the primary you are dead wrong. Incumbents are hard to beat. (93% reelection rate) So what if I "don't work here?" Didn't say I did. It's not the mission that you've attacked on this blog. It's military police training. You are changing your story to cover for your obvious lack of respect. There has been far too much of that in this county. A lot of the sheriff's attitudes seem to have rubbed off on Larry's supporters. It won't help his chances.

DDG
03-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Military Training has ZERO to do with Law Enforcement Training... ive worked for both Law Enforcement, and DOD. two seperate missions.

Military Experience does ZERO in for counting as Law Enforcement Experience.

If Morgan was bashed last election based on his lack of "real" police experience... why didnt he go through the police academy and then be a reserve with an agency to at least get a taste of the Street??? thats what i would have done in order to transend my exp. from the military and convert it over to give me credibility to the Deputies...

No one is bashing the Military, its just that, that type of experience does not transend into civilian law enforecment without being tempered with exp of being a civilian law enforcement officer...that all..

03-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Until the Primary is over the only opponent of Harry is David and Larry is running against Lucas. If Morgan is so easy to beat then why attack him while ignoring the incumbent?
McNesby is not qualified to be Sheriff. He will not be reelected. Nobody here is beating up on Morgan because of Morgan himself but because of his supporters.

If you think you can beat McNesby should he prevail in the primary you are dead wrong. Incumbents are hard to beat. (93% reelection rate)
Sorry. McNesby almost lost to John Powell. McNesby could not even carry his own party in 2004. He will lose to Scapecchi. Too much negative stuff has happened since his near defeat in 2004. He will lose that slim margin of victory he had in 2004. And if you want to talk about historical stats, 0% is the reelection rate for sheriffs in Escambia going for a 3rd term.

So what if I "don't work here?" Didn't say I did.
Morgan supporters (probably you) have pretended to be a deputy and "jailer" in several posts.

It's not the mission that you've attacked on this blog. It's military police training. You are changing your story to cover for your obvious lack of respect.

Sorry, I was in the military and the respect is there. I have lost more than a couple of friends in Iraq and have a "relative" who is there now halfway through his 3rd tour. Another "relative" is flying out of a country we call "Ohio" in support of troops in the area. Your assumption that there is a lack of respect is insulting at the very least. You pompous... nevermind!

Nobody here attacked the military. The only attack here was by Morgan supporters (probably you) on law enforcement training for deputies.

Let me refresh your memory:

Morgan will be the next sheriff. He has military police training which is continuous and extensive throughout the career path. Far superior to civilian police training. Ask the MPs who became civilian cops.
The previous post by DDG addresses this very well. Read it again.

There has been far too much of that in this county. A lot of the sheriff's attitudes seem to have rubbed off on Larry's supporters. It won't help his chances.
There you Morgan supporters go again, making stuff up. McNesby is an anomoly as far as deputies go. He was never a good cop. Morgan has the paperwork to prove that. Most deputies in Escambia are very good cops with exceptional experience and training. Many are still in the reserves. The leadership is the only thing in question. Harry is no Larry. Scapecchi is one of the good cops.

Here is another example of a Morgan supporter's (probably you) crazy statements about Larry:

And if a crazy ever decided to support Larry he'd throw them in the Gulf.
That is just as crazy as you are my friend.

~~~~~~~~

If Morgan beats McNesby (and I hope he does so McNesby has more time to wonder the halls of the SO realizing his little fifedom is done and see his supporters abandon his sinking ship like the rats they are) you will see 99.9% of the deputies do everything they can to get Scapecchi elected. Get it? They don’t want Morgan because of people like you.

Do Morgan a favor, quit posting here.

To quote previous posters, don’t go away mad, just go away.

03-22-2008, 11:53 PM
He is trying to get the vets in our department to turn against Larry and join Morgan.
Not a chance body, I’m a Detention Deputy and a war vet and nobody is bashing vets here.
Military police work is not equal to civilian police work or vice versa, they are both equally important on their own right, but this is not a military base this are the streets of Pensacola just a little different I think.
I don’t even think that air force military police carry a gun.

03-23-2008, 12:52 AM
are you without any freakin brain cells at all? Support Larry all you want. But if Harry beats Morgan you'll have 4 more years of Harry. Obviously you are not going to support Morgan. Fine no problem. Then you better hope that Larry runs against somebody other than the sheriff. How hard is that for your pea brain to comprehend?

03-23-2008, 12:59 AM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_C6OjniE8Heg/R9ItOhiuNiI/AAAAAAAAAAs/kOpujHkMhvk/s400/3peat.jpg

It's the Nugget strategy to keep the Larry forces on the attack toward Morgan. They are falling for it pretty good.

03-23-2008, 01:31 AM
He is trying to get the vets in our department to turn against Larry and join Morgan.
Not a chance body, I’m a Detention Deputy and a war vet and nobody is bashing vets here.
Military police work is not equal to civilian police work or vice versa, they are both equally important on their own right, but this is not a military base this are the streets of Pensacola just a little different I think.
I don’t even think that air force military police carry a gun.

The process doesn't work that way. If you turn against Larry you'll have to vote for Lucas. You are a democrat. If you are not you can't vote for Larry in the Primary anyway. If anybody votes for McNesby thinking that's a pro Larry move they have lost their grip. The guy has been right all along. If harry beats Morgan then Larry is finished in November. Morgan would be much easier to beat. Either way at least McNesby would be history by January. Anybody arguing otherwise is a McNugget through and through.

03-23-2008, 02:19 AM
From the Independent Weekly:

“It’s still an uphill battle to defeat Teflon Ron.”

That hill is not that steep when you look at it in the right perspective.

McNesby got 55% of the vote in 2004 against a Democrat (Powell) in an election right after a hurricane where McNesby manage to push his way in front of a camera on a regular basis. However, 55% is well below the party line that Bush carried. So the republicans crossed the line to vote against McNesby. That was 4 years ago. I imagine many more will cross this time due to his latest escapades.

Since 2004, McNesby has done nothing positive for his image. His out of state hunting charge was adjudicated guilty by plea, the earlier hunting charge he had here in Florida has come to light as well as his Grand Jury indictment for falsifying a police report way back in the day. Those were the times he got caught.

Throw in that with the fact that the population has frozen and his response times to high priority calls have risen almost as fast as his administrative budget and you have positive indications that he is doing a terrrible job. Also, department moral is the lowest I have ever seen it.

Now, talk budget. McNesby’s handling of the tax payer’s money is about to come out in a report this month. How will that go?

Now throw in the fact that the democratic turn outs have been incredibly high in the primaries and you have a recipe for a McNesby trouncing.

I would say McNesby is in for the fight of his life.

03-23-2008, 02:28 AM
If Morgan beats McNesby (and I hope he does so McNesby has more time to wonder the halls of the SO realizing his little fifedom is done and see his supporters abandon his sinking ship like the rats they are) you will see 99.9% of the deputies do everything they can to get Scapecchi elected. Get it? They don’t want Morgan because of people like you.

Larry supporters want Morgan to beat McNesby. We want McNesby gone at the first available opportunity. (See above Quote). All this will do is unite most of the department behind Larry.

However, I for one am not going to sit around and let some idiot Morgan supporter invent things about people, falsely accuse them of statements they did not make and generally behave like the moron above is acting. Whoever they are, they are just confirming what we all have heard about the nuts around the Morgan camp.

However, nothing is being given to McNesby here. He needs to retire while he still can... another four years of his antics may wear off some of that teflon and things may start sticking.

Larry Not Harry
Larry Not Thelbert

03-23-2008, 02:35 AM
http://www.inweekly.net/images/articles/articles/full/art_1713_img_Cover081105.jpg

03-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Let me first say I support Larry Scapecchi and hope he gets elected as sheriff.

Second, I will take Ron Mcnesby any time before Morgan. We all know where Mcnesby stands, most of us don't like it, but we know how to stay out of the fire.

I cannot imagine how screwed up this county will be with someone running the sheriffs office who has never worked a an hour on the streets.

03-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Seems to be some confusion in the Larry ranks. Unless of course that's really Rex. Morgan had lot's of time as a patrolman. Crime is crime whether it's on a base or not. Also he's not running for patrolman. He has many years of successful experience leading a large agency with a large budget. What good has Harry's "street" experience done for you or the other deputies? Your willingness to accept Harry over an educated man with a clean record makes you a nugget or a fool or both. And still you have the same problem of what will happen if Harry beats Morgan. So you are making no sense at all unless of course you are a Harry supporter. Which you are of course.

03-23-2008, 05:59 AM

Larry supporters want Morgan to beat McNesby. We want McNesby gone at the first available opportunity. (See above Quote). All this will do is unite most of the department behind Larry.

However, I for one am not going to sit around and let some idiot Morgan supporter invent things about people, falsely accuse them of statements they did not make and generally behave like the moron above is acting. Whoever they are, they are just confirming what we all have heard about the nuts around the Morgan camp.

However, nothing is being given to McNesby here. He needs to retire while he still can... another four years of his antics may wear off some of that teflon and things may start sticking.

Larry Not Harry
Larry Not Thelbert

The only thing I can figure you are calling false is the anti vet comments. The poster didn't say they were made on this thread and there were LOTS OF ANTI military comments on the other threads over a period of months. Support whoever you want. But don't ignore the truths that are being told.

03-23-2008, 06:29 AM
Last election hardly anyone knew who Morgan was. Then according to this blog nobody liked Morgan. Then they didn't like his supporters. Soon they will learn to accept him as their new sheriff. The public wants him. That means he's winning. Face the truth. And staying "out of the fire" with Morgan will be easy. Just be an honest cop. How hard can that be? Answer: Not too hard except for those who may have forgotten how.

03-23-2008, 12:05 PM

Larry Not Harry
Larry Not Thelbert

The only thing I can figure you are calling false is the anti vet comments. The poster didn't say they were made on this thread and there were LOTS OF ANTI military comments on the other threads over a period of months. Support whoever you want. But don't ignore the truths that are being told.

Attention single Morgan poster that keeps showing up talking in different voices. Go away.

03-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Last election hardly anyone knew who Morgan was.
This election we do know Morgan and we don't care for his followers. Everyone I see in the public tells me they heard he was a nut.

----------

The public wants him. That means he's winning. Face the truth.
Your assumptions are just that, assumptions. Show me some poll numbers to back up your bragging about the "truth". Then beat McNesby. I hope you can but I don't think you can.

----------

Then they didn't like his supporters. Soon they will learn to accept him as their new sheriff.

A taste of what is to come? Sounds like ol' Charlie Johnson in '88. He did not last very long.

----------
Moral of the story: If you keep coming here posting this "you will respect me" crap and other stuff along the same lines you will get ZERO respect for Morgan. Everything you post is a turn off.

Do you get that at all?

03-23-2008, 12:24 PM
http://www.inweekly.net/images/articles/articles/full/art_1713_img_Cover081105.jpg

That is sooooo funny! Does mean RexTheLapDog is Roscoe P Coltrain?

03-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Funny for a second. Then, sad but true.

03-23-2008, 06:05 PM
MORGAN FOR SHERIFF. He's the best man for the job.

03-23-2008, 08:47 PM
MORGAN FOR SHERIFF. He's the best man for the job.

Morgan for Dog Catcher.....the only election he "might" could win. Well that would be if no one else ran.

03-23-2008, 11:43 PM
and you Nugget / Larry types call Morgan supporters "haters." What a joke.

03-24-2008, 01:04 AM
I think I understand what you McNesby guys are saying - you won't support Morgan because of his supporters, and that would mainly be Craig - not one of my favorite people either. But then I'm having problems making sense of that argument when you apply the same standard to McNesby... are you saying that you DO like his HIS supporters, like Larry Smith and Rex Blackburn ?

Interesting

03-24-2008, 01:50 AM
We dont like them, we just hate them LESS.

Like I've always said, better the devil you know.

03-24-2008, 02:02 AM
So is it because of what Morgan's supporter have done to you or the fact that Rex and Smith have covered for what you've done? Hatred isn't the best emotion for a public servant to filter their thinking through.

03-24-2008, 02:25 AM
I think I understand what you McNesby guys are saying - you won't support Morgan because of his supporters, and that would mainly be Craig - not one of my favorite people either. But then I'm having problems making sense of that argument when you apply the same standard to McNesby... are you saying that you DO like his HIS supporters, like Larry Smith and Rex Blackburn ?

Interesting
Arety Seivers
Jan Johnson
"Dr." Berkland
David RNN Craig
Doc Ely
Doc Ely Jr.
Leroy Boyd
etc.

Name a supporter of his who isn't 25. It'd be tough. And he still is spouting lies on his videos. He still thinks the budget is 86 million. Whats he gonna do when the actual 79 million dollar budget is cut by 2-3 million by ammendment 1 and then he gives 2 million of the budget to ECAT like he promised? Then even more may be cut in November. The point is he has no clue.

-Civilian Review Boards
-Taser Use investigated as deadly use of force
-Guilty before proven innocent
-Spews lies as facts and when called to the table ALA PBA he crazies out even more

Face it. The only two valid reasons he's trying to get deputies to vote for him is to get rid of McNesby and a starting pay of $35,000 (which will make compression even worse). Sorry, but its not worth the kookiness he brings along with him for those two things to happen. No one even knows what happened to Doc Ely but it was Morgan, Ely, and Craig. 3 people with personal vendettas against the ECSO. 2 had sons fired from the ECSO, one was told not to do his Blue Lights Show. Yeah, I'm sure they have nothing but YOUR best interests in mind...

03-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Its better than filtering it through poop.. which is all morgan can do with his head up his butt.

03-24-2008, 03:58 AM
I don't see him trying actively to get deputies support. Fact is they are unlikely to openly support anyone but McNesby. They want to keep their jobs. Looks more like he's after the support of the public. He's the only candidate including McNesby who has qualified to be on the ballot so far. He did it through the petition process. Are those thousands of petition signers kooks too? Check out his contributors on the escambiavotes website. Are all of them nutcases? When the primary is over and Morgan wins will you call all of the voters who supported him crazies? And when he wins the election will that make the majority of the voting population kooks too? Watch the new Morgan video. Same number of deputies on the street but an annual budget that has grown $30 million since 2001. What's wrong with that picture? He could give 2 million to ECAT, cut 2 million to please the commission and hand 6 million to the Humane Society. That would leave him 20 million a year to split among the deputies. If he just gave it to the street cops that would be $82,000 for each and every one of the 243 of them. McNesby has wasted your money on his bloated admin and toys galore. You've been fed a lie by your sheriff about the tight budget and you've bought into it hook, line and sinker. When there is something to be suspicious about you should be suspicious.