PDA

View Full Version : 12hr shifts and assignment pay

02-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Has anyone else heard rumor of us possibly going back to 12 hr shifts? I have also heard rumor of us possibly losing assignment pay. I think that at this time the sheriff would be commiting political suicide if he was to do either. There are alot of people including myself that have a hard time with 12 hr shifts. It is exspecially hard on families that both spouses work shift work for different types of work. There are not to many day-care places that will watch your children until 1900. And the assignment pay goes to help pay for things we need to accomplish our day to day jobs. Since the cut backs it's hard to even get batteries from property much less anything else. I hope its all just rumor. Does anyone know?????

02-23-2008, 01:27 PM
The sheriff already committed political suicide. Where have you been? You must be a new guy!

02-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Many rookies like the twelves but most veterans prefer tens.
Rookies often vote for sheriff based on impulse and emotion which mean they're unlikely to be supporting Mcnesby.
Veterans who use common sense, logic and reason are likely to give more thought to their vote and many have taken a wait and see attitude (undecided) for this election. Pissing them off by doing something as foolish as 12 hour shifts will not bode well for Mcnesby. Veterans are also more well known and may have more influence in the community.

Are your listening Capt. Enquist?

Twelve hour shifts are destructive to officers and their families and provides unnecessary liability (complaints, crashes, use of force, etc.) for the agency.

However as a Scapecchi supporter I want Enquist to ram the 12 hour shift up Patrol's ass as soon as possible. We need every deputy to be worn out, frustrated and pissed off at Mcnesby this November.

02-24-2008, 06:32 PM
I am sure that the upper admin reads these posts. I know they have attempted to squash these 12 hour shift rumors by telling people that there are no immediate plans to go back to them UNLESS we keep losing people. Well, guess what? We are losing people. Morale is horrible and pay is worse.

As a veteran officer I can assure you that if you as an administration put us back on 12 hour shifts I will gladly take my many years of experience and put them to work for another agency. I would much rather start over somewhere else than to deal with those headaches again.

Your flip flopping has created so much stress on your troops and you do not care. Why? Because you sit in your cozy air conditioned offices working your eight hour days. I am not alone in my decision to leave if we go back to 12s. If you think you have a man power issue not just think about what you will be up against when many of your seasoned people leave. You have given them no reason to stay.

MOD 353
02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT 12 HOUR SHIFTS!!!

IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS PLEASE SAVE YOUR POSTS FOR ANOTHER WEBSITE.

I AM TIRED OF EVERY THREAD TURNING INTO A WHO IS BEST FOR SHERIFF TOPIC AND IT WILL STOP.

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THAT PARTICULAR TOPIC PLEASE START A NEW THREAD. OTHERWISE I AM GOING TO DELETE THE POSTS OR LOCK THE THREAD DOWN.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED, I JUST DELETED A WHOLE BUNCH OF OFF TOPIC BULLCRAP RELATED TO THE SHERIFF'S RACE. THAT IS WHAT THIS POST IS ABOUT.