PDA

View Full Version : Crime up -N- patrol down

02-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Wow two people shot and killed within 12 hours in one district alone. Open your eyes residents of Fort Lauderdale. the city is heaven for murders, crooks, and dirt bags committing serious crimes. :shock: :shock:

stay safe FLPD

02-23-2008, 04:19 AM
Its sad though, the City will not even acknowledge these homicides because there not "Part 1 Crimes". I think we might be in for some more violence when the Sistrunk Festival comes to town this weekend.
On another note, good job TAC on that car chase televised by Channel 7 . Your first smart act was to look up and locate the helecopters (vultures) filming you! We dont need any more negative press especialy from those liberal Police bashers from Channel 7.
STAY SAFE FLPD (PFL)

02-25-2008, 07:03 PM
FT LAUDERDALE PD IS NOW CONSIDERED A REACTIVE DEPT. WE GO TO THE DELAYED CRIMES THAT IS ALL THE STAFF WE HAVE OUT THERE PERIOD ..

03-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Its sad though, the City will not even acknowledge these homicides because there not "Part 1 Crimes". I think we might be in for some more violence when the Sistrunk Festival comes to town this weekend.

So how much violence did the Sistrunk Festival bring?

03-05-2008, 03:56 AM

Some but thanks to numerous officers above the norm amount, several good arrests were made and several guns taken from criminals at a fine community event.

03-18-2008, 06:32 PM
[quote="IN THE KNOW":25ktx4wy]Its sad though, the City will not even acknowledge these homicides because there not "Part 1 Crimes". I think we might be in for some more violence when the Sistrunk Festival comes to town this weekend.

Some but thanks to numerous officers above the norm amount, several good arrests were made and several guns taken from criminals at a fine community event.[/quote:25ktx4wy]

:roll: Oh please...Gretsas searcher?! Get real...I'm a proud FLPD advocate (and the fact that my fiance works for FLPD has nothing to do with my advocacy)! :D Since the festival was brough up by IN THE KNOW, I wanted to follow up and find out what that event did. No harm, no fowl...chillax!

03-18-2008, 11:55 PM
FLPD responds ...we will be there at the call..... in an hour or two! GET MORE OFFICERS TO FLPD. Be safe!

03-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Rumor has it the FLPD is looking into contracting some help for recruiting. If city hall could get past their "It's good to be king" attitude and settle the contract, you would already have 400 built in recruiters. I left before my retirement was due. David H repeatedly reinforced the philosophy of "don't let the door hit you on the way out". His condescending attitude spread like stage 4 cancer and he cannot be told anything. He was one of the main reasons I left. How do you fill vacancies when intelligent future employees ask questions of current employees and get negative reports? FLPD has some of the best officers in the country. It was an honor to work with them. Greitsas and his crew methodically ruined the agency. Too bad. It can be resurrected, need to get the chemo started...

03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
It really is a shame that the place that was "the place to work" has gotten so bad...bad in that the salaries and support from the city management on down...are terrible. I started at FLPD a few years ago, and I must say that I worked with the best group of officers (and even some supervisors) you could ask for. The friendships I've made and the knowledge that the senior officers passed onto me are second to none. Also, the fact that the people going 10-8 are STILL going out there doing their best, given the circumstances, is remarkable. I will say that even after working with new people at a new agency, FLPD has the best around. I left only because another agency was a better fit for me, in addition to more pay and a better pension. Its a shame that a lot of the guys that would have been invaluable in the training of new officers are no longer there. I just hope for the sake of all of my friends still hanging on that something decent comes of all of this, whether it be sooner or later.

03-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Al Lamberti for Broward County Sheriff!

03-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Go with me
Here is a few words about pharma business
http://world-pharma.pillsfm.com
My favourite pharma supermarket
WBR,
Alex

03-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I turned my application in today... how long do you think it will take them to send me the questionaire and schedule me for an oral board?

03-22-2008, 01:30 AM
I turned my application in today... how long do you think it will take them to send me the questionaire and schedule me for an oral board?

Once HR processes the app, you should hear the following month after. If you do not meet the standards, you should receive a letter stating so. ie: DL valid for 36 months no suspensions, no excessive points, all documents turned in at time of app, etc...Good luck. The officers are top notch and the agency just needs to work it's way out from under some management issues.