PDA

View Full Version : Off duty carry question.

02-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Good day all. I am considering purchasing a Kahr for off duty carry; I come to your site b/c I saw on Kahr's webpage that this weapon was one approved for O/D carry for your agency. Can you give me constructive criticism about the weapon as the gun forums aren't too much help. If any of you carry it can you give some personal experience feed back? I am considering the subcompact 40 calibre.

Thanks and be safe.

02-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Good day all. I am considering purchasing a Kahr for off duty carry; I come to your site b/c I saw on Kahr's webpage that this weapon was one approved for O/D carry for your agency. Can you give me constructive criticism about the weapon as the gun forums aren't too much help. If any of you carry it can you give some personal experience feed back? I am considering the subcompact 40 calibre.

Thanks and be safe.It's a piece of crap and has feeding problems. Save your money or buy a Glock or S&W .38 Airweight.

05-15-2008, 01:31 PM
I am a retired deputy from Tampa, CWP and HR 218 authorized. I carry a Model 27 Glock in .40 caliber. It fits in an ankle holster and fanny pack as well as other holsters. Its a great pistol, no problems in firing a couple of hundred rounds thru it.

05-18-2008, 03:30 AM
I concur with your assessment, I too carry the Glock .27 and I find it to be very concealable. I also use a Carry-loc pancake holster when I am carrying it on my belt and it does not show. I hide it easily with a shirt.

05-12-2009, 03:04 AM
I am a retired deputy from Tampa, CWP and HR 218 authorized. I carry a Model 27 Glock in .40 caliber. It fits in an ankle holster and fanny pack as well as other holsters. Its a great pistol, no problems in firing a couple of hundred rounds thru it.

you are retired only oldtimers or homos use a fanny pack HOMO !!

11-11-2009, 09:05 PM

Thanks and be safe.

The Glock 27 can also use the bigger Glock 40 cal magazines. They sell an adapter which slides over the square part of the mag that extends out of the magazine well, making it easier to grip. Need more fire power, this does it. Also, with the Glock, you get the same trigger pull every time. Miami P D was the first police agency to use the Glock, and shooting scores went up by 20%. Good lucky, vests up, stay safe.

01-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I know this is old, but screw the Glock suggestions and get a real gun; Springfield XD.