PDA

View Full Version : Tobacco bans could block the way to badges

02-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Is this true I just applied yestrerday, I would not let my one cigar smoking habit get in the way of a carear. I can quit , I just want to know how strick they are with the policy on new applicants. If you said yes to smoking on your application do you even have a chance?

02-22-2008, 12:49 AM
candidates for employment shall not use any tobacco products. Tobacco products include cigarettes, cigars, pipes and smokeless tobacco (chewing tobacco and snuff). Candidates shall sign an agreement stating they do not now, and will not in the future, use any tobacco products.

02-22-2008, 12:55 AM
candidates for employment shall not use any tobacco products. Tobacco products include cigarettes, cigars, pipes and smokeless tobacco (chewing tobacco and snuff). Candidates shall sign an agreement stating they do not now, and will not in the future, use any tobacco products.

Ok so if you are selected for employment you will be able to sign this agreement and not be SH__ canned?
I will sign and comply if selected.

02-22-2008, 01:07 AM
How ridiculous is that requirement, no wonder we are 121 positions short. Stop screwing around and hire the best candidates and stop with the petty nonsense.

02-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Is there any more information on this subject?

Your help is greatly appreicated for this HCSO Deputy applicant.

I am trying to transition from the US Navy to the HCSO

02-22-2008, 02:37 AM
Wackenhut smoke all u want good benefits too!

02-22-2008, 02:43 AM

Ok so if you are selected for employment you will be able to sign this agreement and not be SH__ canned?
I will sign and comply if selected. Don't bother applying for HCSO they are very picky in hiring u have to be super perfect to get hired on good luck .

02-22-2008, 03:34 AM
TPD is a much better department to work for. They support their officers and treat you like human beings. They even have a true "open door policy", unlike the mess Hcso is in right now with no communication unless it's about bashing the union.

02-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Is this true ?

Average Joe
02-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Is this true ?

Sadly, yes it is true